• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Quakewatch,Fallout sims,skyrimmastered,excited ESO lady,Hearthstone,Doom multiplayer updates,Prey reboot and Dishonored 2.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So Bethesda was all right. Certainly better than EA.
Unless Microsoft and/or Sony do something mindblowing (Ubisoft probably will be cringe inducing as always and God knows what Nintendo will be), Bethesda would have the best presentation in my book.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
WHY DID THEY TIRN QUAKE INTO OVERWATCH?

I'M LITERALLY MAD RIGHT NOW.

Quake is dead, man

Sweet, I get a free upgrade

I never finished either of the DLC. I dont even think I started Dragonborn

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Goddamn we only got a reveal trailer and some bits of info. We didn't even see the game itself.
I mean I'm just saying that's not exactly enough to proclaim that Quake as a whole is dead.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Do you remember when quake used to be a game where you killed lovecraftian creatures?

Meneither

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
When playing Quake on N64 back in the day and seeing it look more like a MOBA, it kinda hurts me man.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Given the recent leaks of Sun and Moon, I'm pretty doubtful there'll be much news tomorrow that'll be major, so there goes most of my already small hype for Nintendo's E3 news. Oh well, at least Zelda Wii U news is ineviteble. That's gonna be good, hopefully.

:094:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This guy:

This guy is what will take Bethesda to victory.
Godspeed Turkey Leg Man. May you, Screaming Elder Scrolls Woman, and Shirt-Changing Guy forever remain in our hearts.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Given the recent leaks of Sun and Moon, I'm pretty doubtful there'll be much news tomorrow that'll be major, so there goes most of my already small hype for Nintendo's E3 news. Oh well, at least Zelda Wii U news is ineviteble. That's gonna be good, hopefully.

:094:
What leaks?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What leaks?
The Corocoro leaks showing the new pokemon...

I'm pretty sure they''l be showing some new gameplay of Sun and Moon so even if they don't announce anything new, it'll be the first real gameplay footage we'll see of the games...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I was surprised at one thing at the Bethesda E3 event

.....****ing Blink-182 is somehow still alive, together and relevant.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Don't you love it when you're trying to do something right and everyone looks at you like you're a moron for doing it.

Best friggin' feeling in the world

Chrono.

Too bad we got our E3 **** up so early.

I don't think anything's gonna top EA accidentally live streaming themselves rehearsing for the conference.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just had someone right up on my rear on the way home with his brights on

So, I decided to slow down to 20 mph the rest of the trip

---

I'm going to check out what happened at E3 now. I was at work so I couldn't watch any of the videos

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
E3 Day Zero Thoughts:

EA had a miserable showing and is completely disconnected with the audience of E3. They completely blew showcasing the games everyone cared about (Mass Effect and Star Wars) by showing almost nothing and instead spent way too much time showcasing the sports games that they are often criticized for. Titanfall 2 looks to be more of the same and to hype up adding a Single Player component that should be standard in every console game is insane. AND they're sending it out to die versus their own Battlefield 1 and Activision's CoD. EA is dumb. The one saving grace was the "indie" stuff. Unravel was charming last year and Fi looks promising this year. I give them a D-.

Bethesda didn't meet the hype they did last year, but I didn't expect them to. While I don't personally care about everything they showed, I at least appreciate everything they showed as having its fans and being pleasing to its fans. I also appreciate the commitment they put into their games and communities post-launch, especially as a Fallout 4 fan. Dishonored 2 looks BADASS, and is the one game from the conference I am certain I will get. Skyrim remaster looks better than I anticipated. Prey looks intriguing. Overall a solid though not surprising conference. I give them a B or B-.

Looking forward and keeping my hype train pushing to Sony's conference tomorrow though I will watch everything like always.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Even though it has little to do with E3, I'm hype as **** that Berserk is going to have another video game. And it's one developed by the team behind the Warriors franchise nonetheless.

I'm pretty stocked for being able to play as Griffith and Skull Knight, but I would love to play as this guy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Being able to play as one of the God Hand is cool, but I'm sure they they'll make us stick with the heroes (Guts and Griffith to a lesser extent included) as playable characters. Them being playable as DLC or newcomers in a sequel is more possible. The trailer literally spells out that this will take place up to the Golden Age Arc. I can't wait to see how the Omega Force team handles the source material for Berserk.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I ran into this on Twitter. Someone help me. :joyful:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just saw the Battlefield 1 trailer. It's looking amazing. I have a special place for historical shooters, I suppose.

The game is releasing 100 years after World War 1, huh...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
OoooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooh.

I've been obsessing over this trailer the past few hours. I love everything in it. Disney's been hitting it out of the park ever since The Princess and the Frog (with that, Tangled, Winnie the Pooh, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, and Zootopia all being fantastic), so I expect nothing less than a continued winning streak.

And oh god this film looks gorgeous.

And it also just makes me sad that a Moana playset was planned for Infinity before it got cancelled...right off of me finally seeing the concept art for the Peter Pan figure no less...

BUT STILL THOUGH.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I bought some Japanese Curry and I'm going to try and turn it into a glaze for fish

I've been obsessing over this trailer the past few hours. I love everything in it. Disney's been hitting it out of the park ever since The Princess and the Frog (with that, Tangled, Winnie the Pooh, Wreck-It Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6, and Zootopia all being fantastic), so I expect nothing less than a continued winning streak.

And it also just makes me sad that a Moana playset was planned for Infinity before it got cancelled...right off of me finally seeing the concept art for the Peter Pan figure no less...

BUT STILL THOUGH.
I actually heard the trailer for that was coming out soon. It does look well done.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Johnathan Blow said this on Twitter...
There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is Notch's reply:

Notch has been brutal on Twitter recently.

D

Deleted member

I love his brutallity, TBH. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Dropping by again to see how you guys are all doing - with E3 getting fully underway. For me, the only thing that I had any interest in EA (and potentially the last time unless they decide to move to a different publisher) was Titanfall 2. I must admit that I am pleased that the people at Respawn are addressing the criticisms of the first game, so I might consider getting it one day, based on review scores and content.

Bethesda did pretty well today, in my opinion - I'm quite interested in the Skyrim remaster as inevitable as it was, and hearing VR support for Fallout 4 is pretty cool. A new Quake game coming out is also pretty neat - one of the grandfathers of FPS and by extension Team Fortress 2 and Overwatch's grandfather. So I think the only things I might consider from this day's announcements would be Skyrim Remastered and Titanfall 2.

But there's no denying that this day has been absolutely horrifying. My heart goes out to all the families affected by the tragedy.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

BUT STILL THOUGH.
This looks awesome :yeahboi:

I showed this to my sister and she was fan girling to her friends about it for a good 10 mins :p

I beat Planet Robobot's story mode:
Final Boss failed to be a challenge, despite having six phases (Mecha Knight, Haltmann and four phases of Star Dream).

Still an awesome game, though.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Johnathan Blow said this on Twitter...

This is Notch's reply:

Notch has been brutal on Twitter recently.
And good on Notch.

Honestly, the Braid guy is pretentious....

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's funny

I just found out the actor of James in "James and the Giant Peach" quit acting after that movie

During a scene, he had to pick up a spider (A HUGE spider) from the window, talk to it, and place it on a table

Well, apparently it was a REAL spider. And it bit him

He hated the experience so much he quit acting for good after the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom