• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Johnathan Blow said this on Twitter...
There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is Notch's reply:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Notch has been brutal on Twitter recently.
Speaking of stupid things said about game by people who should know better...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Gonna be that honest.
When I saw those tweets.
My first question is "Who is Johnathan Blow and why are we supposed to care?"
And I beat Braid.

Edit: He was apparently the man behind The Witness. Had no idea.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Will miss the MS, PC snoozefest show and UBImemes conference sadly,maybe I will try to get home early to get Sony if everything goes right.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
And good on Notch.

Honestly, the Braid guy is pretentious....
Braid is a pretentious game

"You were the villain all along"

Speaking of stupid things said about game by people who should know better...
I love how he just straight trashes MovieBob and Jim Sterling. Especially MovieBob who deserves it hard

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I got incredibly lucky today.

I got to a lot of recycle stores, and over the past four years I've gotten some great deals. But...I'm not sure if anything will top this... (...Well maybe the time I bought a Pikachu N64 + 4 controllers for 2 USD and sold the normal regular controllers for 3 USD a piece)

...it's beautiful. No repeats (expect Twin Bee, which is on a B side of a disc). Lots of Nintendo games too!

Legend of Zelda 1,2, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong Jr, Mario Golf, Tennis, Super Mario Brothers, Ice Hockey, Baseball, Golf (Japan and Us Course) Mario Brothers come back?? (never heard of that), shinoni (both discs), Ayumi Tachibana's game (Famicon Tantei), Murasame Castle...

All of the games were from the download kiosk, so they have printed labels too.

Here's a comparison of Zelda I. The color version is the full retail one, and the black and white one is printed.

I got all of this for 28 USD too.

And to think...I almost didn't go to the store (It's 27 KM away, and I started biking late today).

Anyway, the store will hold the next Disc System they get (and replace the belt), so hopefully I can play these soon!

D

Deleted member

Braid is a pretentious game

"You were the villain all along"

I love how he just straight trashes MovieBob and Jim Sterling. Especially MovieBob who deserves it hard
The problem is not the game itself but how he got pissed that "no one understood what he meant"
I mean, shame on people that took a game as being a game and didn't understand the super hidden message!

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
10k is posting a list of things that will supposedly be talked about at the Nintendo Tree House.

We'll quickly find out if he has good sources.

D

Deleted member

10k is posting a list of things that will supposedly be talked about at the Nintendo Tree House.

Why TMS though? Didn't that release already?
I just hope that list isn't real because I want at least one new game to be revealed, but I'll go with it for my expectations' sake

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I got incredibly lucky today.

I got to a lot of recycle stores, and over the past four years I've gotten some great deals. But...I'm not sure if anything will top this... (...Well maybe the time I bought a Pikachu N64 + 4 controllers for 2 USD and sold the normal regular controllers for 3 USD a piece)

...it's beautiful. No repeats (expect Twin Bee, which is on a B side of a disc). Lots of Nintendo games too!

Legend of Zelda 1,2, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong Jr, Mario Golf, Tennis, Super Mario Brothers, Ice Hockey, Baseball, Golf (Japan and Us Course) Mario Brothers come back?? (never heard of that), shinoni (both discs), Ayumi Tachibana's game (Famicon Tantei), Murasame Castle...

All of the games were from the download kiosk, so they have printed labels too.

Here's a comparison of Zelda I. The color version is the full retail one, and the black and white one is printed.

I got all of this for 28 USD too.

And to think...I almost didn't go to the store (It's 27 KM away, and I started biking late today).

Anyway, the store will hold the next Disc System they get (and replace the belt), so hopefully I can play these soon!
Welcome to the Disk System club. Kaettekita Mario Bros. for the price you got it is an amazing deal in and of itself. At the moment I'm personally on the look out for Arumana no Kiseki, Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa, Ai Senshi Nicol, and Falsion. ;)

Did you get a copy of Time Twist in there? I've been kind of curious about it as I'd love to try out a text adventure game for the system and it's a Nintendo developed game that features Jesus, Abraham Lincoln, & Hitler. lol

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Hmm, going of this, I'll say this:
Zelda-confirmed
Pokémon-confimred
Tokyo Mirage Sessions-confirmed, I believe
Paper Mario-is possible
Federation Force-is probable
Mother 3-Be sceptic on this, I know we all want it, but don't let your hype overrule your judgement
DQ7-confirmed
Rest of amiibo for Smash-Most likely to happen, but may not, figures may need to be worked on more, mainly Cloud and Corrin's, got to make sure their swords aren't to pointy after all.

Edit

I just hope that list isn't real because I want at least one new game to be revealed, but I'll go with it for my expectations' sake
Its releasing late June, so no it isn't released yet. And showing it off at E3 should help get more people aware of it, and if they'll want to get it or not

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
TMS doesn't come out until another week. So it's not too far off to advertise it before hand.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Welcome to the Disk System club. Kaettekita Mario Bros. for the price you got it is an amazing deal in and of itself. At the moment I'm personally on the look out for Arumana no Kiseki, Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa, Ai Senshi Nicol, and Falsion. ;)

Did you get a copy of Time Twist in there? I've been kind of curious about it as I'd love to try out a text adventure game for the system and it's a Nintendo developed game that features Jesus, Abraham Lincoln, & Hitler. lol
I have Falsion! No Time Twist though :( I'll be on the look out for it!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Did FFXV Kingsglaive have a release date?
Well if not:

August 19th

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

DRAGON QUEST EIGHT OR I RIOT.
The sad part is that even though Zelda U will be shown, people will consider this year to be Nintendo's worst.
Fixed.:p
Hmm, going of this, I'll say this:
Zelda-confirmed
Pokémon-confimred
Tokyo Mirage Sessions-confirmed, I believe
Paper Mario-is possible
Federation Force-is probable
Mother 3-Be sceptic on this, I know we all want it, but don't let your hype overrule your judgement
DQ7-confirmed
Rest of amiibo for Smash-Most likely to happen, but may not, figures may need to be worked on more, mainly Cloud and Corrin's, got to make sure their swords aren't to pointy after all.

Edit

Its releasing late June, so no it isn't released yet. And showing it off at E3 should help get more people aware of it, and if they'll want to get it or not
What abut Bayonetta's intricate clothing details and hair man. It's got to look great.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The sad part is that even though Mother 3 could be revealed, people will consider this year to be Nintendo's worst.
....I mean....you can already play Mother 3, technically, just through "illegal" means with an unofficial (though I hear it's a very good) translation. And it's free.

It's not that Mother 3 finally getting an official localisation isn't really cool, but saying it makes Nintendo's E3 a good one on it's own is just blind fanaticism. It's a game you can already play for free. From a practical standpoint, Mother 3 getting an official release means nothing. It's just significant from a sentimental standpoint, because it's just nice to see Nintendo finally listen after all these years.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
....I mean....you can already play Mother 3, technically, just through "illegal" means with an unofficial (though I hear it's a very good) translation. And it's free.

It's not that Mother 3 finally getting an official localisation isn't really cool, but saying it makes Nintendo's E3 a good one on it's own is just blind fanaticism. It's a game you can already play for free. From a practical standpoint, Mother 3 getting an official release means nothing. It's just significant from a sentimental standpoint, because it's just nice to see Nintendo finally listen after all these years.
i can see where your comming from but all your post did was make me want to play this
*flashing colors warning*

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I have Falsion! No Time Twist though :( I'll be on the look out for it!
Definitely let me know if you find some hidden gems for the FDS while testing all those games out. :)

Do you have a regular Famicom to use the system with? I don't know your position but a Sharp Twin Famicom might be a better investment as it is already in the AV format and thus can be used on newer TVs (including USA ones).

The sad part is that even though Mother 3 could be revealed, people will consider this year to be Nintendo's worst.

#neverforget

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know what would be the best part of Zelda U's stream tomorrow? We will finally get some closure on all the Sheikah imagery we've been seeing. Maybe we'll also see another big role and appearance for Impa again other than the obvious Zelda.

Soul.

E3 is pretty disappointing so far tbh

EA had nothing to show.

Bethesda was literally pure screaming throughout the conference. Quake becoming a MOBA is... well eSports hype. Yay? And I guess VR actually has games now, but that really isn't interesting.

And Microsoft's conference is being leaked lol.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
i can see where your comming from but all your post did was make me want to play this
*flashing colors warning*
There's a difference between pirating a game that is new and on the market, a game that is old and therefore not officially sold anymore anyway, and a game that a company refused to release overseas for like, a decade now.

Pirating games that are currently new and on the market is bad. It kills sales for new installments in a franchise or new IPs period, and that can send the wrong kind of message to a company.

Pirating a game that is not officially sold anymore, like say, Star Fox: Assault, is fine because yes, you could buy a copy on ebay or something, but why do that when the developers don't make a cent off it and you will likely be paying an inflated price anyway?

Pirating something like Mother 3 is perfectly fine because the company who made it didn't make it accessible to everybody. By pirating it and playing it, you can fall in love with it, spread the word, and demand for an official release. Which is what happened with the Mother games.

And then there is pirating a game for modding purposes, like I did with Smash Wii U. That's OK because I own an official copy of the game (*coughplusIgaveNintendoathousandeurosworthbybuyingamiibocough*) and I don't intend to use the dump I downloaded of Smash Wii U for the purpose of distributing it so others can play it for free. I downloaded the dump so I could explore the game's files and play mods on my personal copy of the game. I didn't have the means to make my own dump so I just downloaded one.

Pirates have ethics too.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just like all the anti-censorship folk planning to pirate Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE because they don't support SJW Nintendumb of America BS. All because they want pelvic bones and cleavage.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Definitely let me know if you find some hidden gems for the FDS while testing all those games out. :)

Do you have a regular Famicom to use the system with? I don't know your position but a Sharp Twin Famicom might be a better investment as it is already in the AV format and thus can be used on newer TVs (including USA ones).

#neverforget
Twin Famicom was the version I was going to get! The guy remembered me because my friend and I came in several months ago and purchased the red Twin Famicom (holy ****, does that look beautiful!). He was quite sad when I told him she had returned to the States-- but he told me he would hold onto the next FDS/famiclone console they get (and he replaces the belts, which is how we even started talking in the first place). There's a couple of other places that sell FDS around me, but I might wait as I know this guy will give me a good deal, and it'll work for awhile!

3 of the games don't have labels on them, and I'd need to check the ones with labels to make sure they work/ are the proper game...!

BTW do you have any reading guides/ threads to read? I'm relatively new the FDS info!

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
DRAGON QUEST EIGHT OR I RIOT.

Fixed.:p

What abut Bayonetta's intricate clothing details and hair man. It's got to look great.
I was talking from a toy manufactures perspective, basically the figures base models have to pass the testing phases and all that.

You know what would be the best part of Zelda U's stream tomorrow? We will finally get some closure on all the Sheikah imagery we've been seeing. Maybe we'll also see another big role and appearance for Impa again other than the obvious Zelda.
I somehow doubt we'll get story details for Zelda Wii U, let alone a reveal that Impa is in the game.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just like all the anti-censorship folk planning to pirate Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE because they don't support SJW Nintendumb of America BS. All because they want pelvic bones and cleavage.
To be fair, the gravure scene was a scene of significant character development. All that context is lost when Tsubasa becomes a hipster that is "too into urban culture" (Like a certain classmate from last year).

They said the same about fates. That means TMS will sell amazingly
Maybe, maybe not. After what happened with Star Fox Zero, it will be a miracle if TMS doesn't sell that poor (Being already controversial among SMT and Fire Emblem fans). But idol fan don't care and she wants to become absorbed into this colorful world. :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
"Become absorbed into their colorful world"

*Teddyloid's Me Me Me intensifies*

Yes, I am implying that you are turning to the dark side.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
There's a difference between pirating a game that is new and on the market, a game that is old and therefore not officially sold anymore anyway, and a game that a company refused to release overseas for like, a decade now.

Pirating games that are currently new and on the market is bad. It kills sales for new installments in a franchise or new IPs period, and that can send the wrong kind of message to a company.

Pirating a game that is not officially sold anymore, like say, Star Fox: Assault, is fine because yes, you could buy a copy on ebay or something, but why do that when the developers don't make a cent off it and you will likely be paying an inflated price anyway?

Pirating something like Mother 3 is perfectly fine because the company who made it didn't make it accessible to everybody. By pirating it and playing it, you can fall in love with it, spread the word, and demand for an official release. Which is what happened with the Mother games.

And then there is pirating a game for modding purposes, like I did with Smash Wii U. That's OK because I own an official copy of the game (*coughplusIgaveNintendoathousandeurosworthbybuyingamiibocough*) and I don't intend to use the dump I downloaded of Smash Wii U for the purpose of distributing it so others can play it for free. I downloaded the dump so I could explore the game's files and play mods on my personal copy of the game. I didn't have the means to make my own dump so I just downloaded one.

Pirates have ethics too.
fair point.....granted i re read this post to the following theme because of the last line where you accept that you are a pirate
and that made it amazing

Chrono.

Xbox conference soonish.

I'm not expecting much other than the Dead Rising 4 reveal, but I hope Killer Instinct makes an appearance.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I had a dream that while hosting the Ubisoft conference Aisha Tyler got to announce they were making an Archer game like South Park Stick of Truth. I woke up crying. I would be so happy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To be fair, the gravure scene was a scene of significant character development. All that context is lost when Tsubasa becomes a hipster that is "too into urban culture" (Like a certain classmate from last year).

Maybe, maybe not. After what happened with Star Fox Zero, it will be a miracle if TMS doesn't sell that poor (Being already controversial among SMT and Fire Emblem fans). But idol fan don't care and she wants to become absorbed into this colorful world. :awesome:
The joke was that Fates sold successfully despite millions of babies whining about localization changes claiming they'd pirate the game, Star Fox didn't have any 'WAH WAH I CAN'T LOOK AT ****' other than Krystal not being in the game

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Twin Famicom was the version I was going to get! The guy remembered me because my friend and I came in several months ago and purchased the red Twin Famicom (holy ****, does that look beautiful!). He was quite sad when I told him she had returned to the States-- but he told me he would hold onto the next FDS/famiclone console they get (and he replaces the belts, which is how we even started talking in the first place). There's a couple of other places that sell FDS around me, but I might wait as I know this guy will give me a good deal, and it'll work for awhile!

3 of the games don't have labels on them, and I'd need to check the ones with labels to make sure they work/ are the proper game...!

BTW do you have any reading guides/ threads to read? I'm relatively new the FDS info!
I ended up settling for a black one myself. It's kind of hard to be picky when importing. Good luck.

No labels? Just cross your fingers for a copy of All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros. I saw one on Yahoo Japan Auctions the other week for $2000. lol

I'm not terribly experienced with the FDS just yet. Your best bet is hanging out on Famicom World, especially if you think you'll need technical assistance. NeoGAF's NES/Famicom general thread has a few experienced regular users as well. If you give me some time I could give a decently sized list of games.

http://famicomworld.com/
https://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/2011/04/06/nesfamicom-starting-guide/
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/system.htm#fds
http://www.nindb.net/nes/disksystem-jp.html
http://www.videogameden.com/fds.htm

Chrono.

NerdLeaks is at it.

MS conference and what to look forward to (spoilers... obviously):

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
NerdLeaks is at it.

MS conference and what to look forward to (spoilers... obviously):
One of those is Halo Wars 2 (check the RTS one)

And another one is Sea of Thieves and Killer Instinct (which is pretty much General RAAM)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
'game' 'big game' 'small game' For a bunch of leakers they have either found a new franchise or don't know what's being leaked
Smh.
Gears of War 4
Scalebound
Halo Wars 2
Recore
Crackdown
Forza Horizon 3
Killer Instinct
Ashen
Cuphead
+whatever surprises.

Last edited: