• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So I have a few questions regarding Smash Wii U modding before I get started, just want to make sure I don't regret anything.

Tagging Fenriraga Fenriraga and Curious Villager Curious Villager because I know they know some things about modded Smash Wii U, but anyone else in the know feel free to answer too if they know.

-Is my save file in Smash Wii U in any danger? Anything I should avoid doing in case I lose it?
-If I legally have DLC that I bought like everyone else, is this effected by modding in any negative way (like losing access to it)? This is most important as I have legally purchased all of the Smash DLC on both versions, and that's a lot of money I don't want going down the drain.
-Is there an easy way to revert back to the completely unmodded version of the game, after modding it?

That's pretty much it for now, might have more questions if I run into trouble, but the answers to these questions ultimately decide whether or not I even attempt this.
Late as hell, sorry, but here.

- Nope, no danger to your save file.
-No risk there either.
-the way modding works currently, at least for me, makes it so my Wii U literally reverts back to normal the moment it powers down. Not a single actual modification to the game or console, it's all passive stuff until you turn the system off. So you just need to boot it up normally to get it back to normal.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
By the way.

E3 is tomorrow, right?

Angry Joe be ******** because his inner Superman fanboy can't handle the fact his *** is getting kicked and is evil during the Injustice 2 trailer, which is an alternate universe as is lol.
I mean...

Is he actually angry?

Like seriously angry?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I mean the Bayonetta fanbase has been always getting **** from others because she was not iconic, too sexy, etc. She is one of the most controversial characters debated for Smash ever. It felt like a real war to me.

Considering she was the last Smash character revealed and Smash 4 speculation was finally over, it was more than just a bummer for me personally.
It was hard for me as well. Heck I even had a twitter account dedicated to bring Bayo to Smash. 920 followers last I checked - only few dedicated supporters tho.( those that commented and discussed)

It was definitely an uphill mountain battle. Not many supporters here at Smashboards. VGChartz was an easy battle and she was basically among the top 5 most supported there as early as March 2015. Even before Smash released her name popped up pretty often.
"Ridley is big as ****. Who would have guessed?"

Shokio -(2014)
I honestly believe, at least from my perspective, that most people who don't want a certain character simply don't look past the surface which imo just makes them look dumb. And they are certainly not open minded at all.

Yes I admit, I took it pretty seriously and that's because it all worked out in the end. prevouslyI loved seeing characters I supported a ton make in it the end: :rosalina::4palutena:and to an extent:4pacman:. That feeling is just amazing. For my first Smash game, I think I was lucky.

However at the same time I knew the chances and made sure I would not be disappointed at all if she did not make it.

Son of a *****...
Of course Jack Sparrow would win. :laugh:
He doesn't disappoint.

Pirates of Carribean 5 trailer when.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know, but it just popped up in my head.

Also, Watch Dogs 2 ALREADY has 6 different collector's editions? We don't even have gameplay, right?
...Way too many companies jump the gun. -_-

And to say the least, it's okay to not say everything you think of. XD

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What was the thing Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei was doing earlier? The one Jack Sparrow won?
Basically Survivor. There's an online scriptor for it that, while hard to use, imo, allows you to make that possible. All he's doing is posting the entire events of what happened while the program ran its course. It's very similar to a Let's Play.

D

Deleted member

It's pretty scary that you can be famous and just get shot for it, after all your hard work you put into becoming a star, someone can easily just take it away from you in an instant.

It's quite sad, unbelievably sad. There needs to be much more tighter security checks than this if some guy can just waltz up with two guns and a knife...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's pretty scary that you can be famous and just get shot for it, after all your hard work you put into becoming a star, someone can easily just take it away from you in an instant.

It's quite sad, unbelievably sad. There needs to be much more tighter security checks than this if some guy can just waltz up with two guns and a knife...
Have they found out yet what that man's motive was?

I feel terrible for Christina, she worked hard to get to this point of her life only for some gunman to take it all away from her. My condolences goes out to her friends and family.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Neo Zero and I actually had a 1.5 hour discussion on this article (oh god, I came off as a huge nerd in it)...I need to edit the audio and I'm trying to decide if I should wait until E3 is over to post it...but that's also a thing if you are interested
Whenever you feel like it.

would just like to weigh in one the above subject about speculation and anger and whatnot.

At this point I think King K. Rool and Ridley are equals. Even though the former's fanbase is a step down from Ridley's there is just a staggering level of similarity over how speculation transpired for them as DLC and main game possibilities respectively. High hopes at the beginning followed by a massive, negative pants soiling reveal(Pyrosphere/Mii costume), followed by the character not getting in and general anger from the fans, some more extreme than others. Also characters that you could get bashed for saying anything negative about them and speculation juggernauts in the echo chambers.

I mean, sure, the last part also applies to fanbases such as Wolf(bleh), but I've always found the parallels between croc and space dragon to be so amazingly similar to one another ever since speculation ended last December.

Just a thought of mine.
But K. Rool doesn't have a equivalent to Ridley's "Too Big" meme. Only then shall K. Rool be like Ridley.

That and Ridley had an impact on Smash speculation that has yet to be equalled in sheer scale.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Have they found out yet what that man's motive was?

I feel terrible for Christina, she worked hard to get to this point of her life only for some gunman to take it all away from her. My condolences goes out to her friends and family.
No way of finding out as he committed suicide right after the shooting.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
No way of finding out as he committed suicide right after the shooting.
I see. I though they may have been able to investigate further on the matter, but I suppose the shooter didn't leave anything behind that may have served as a hint on why he did this.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Whenever you feel like it.

But K. Rool doesn't have a equivalent to Ridley's "Too Big" meme. Only then shall K. Rool be like Ridley.

That and Ridley had an impact on Smash speculation that has yet to be equalled in sheer scale.
While true, it's possible to argue that K. Rool was the Ridley of DLC due to the reasons I mentioned. And let's be frank, K. Rool had his own set of memes following his Mii costume.

And of course...

Even though the former's fanbase is a step down from Ridley's
Ridley's impact on speculation is quite hard to match, I know. But K. Rool gave Ridley a run for his money considering how dominant he was [in echo chambers] during the former half of 2015.

Chrono.

Supposedly a Quake reboot is getting revealed at Bethesda's conference.

_Sheik

Smash Lord

This is my bingo sheet. There are some VERY unrealistic/over-the-top predictions as you can see, especially when knowing that Nintendo won't have a Digital Event or something. These are more of a 'what I want to get' list than a 'what I think there'll be' chart.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'll do a bingo sheet later.

It'll be a general one instead of focused on one thing.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

This is my bingo sheet. There are some VERY unrealistic/over-the-top predictions as you can see, especially when knowing that Nintendo won't have a Digital Event or something. These are more of a 'what I want to get' list than a 'what I think there'll be' chart.
I'd love a 3D remake of the Minish Cap. Perhaps something like A Link Between Worlds/Tri Force Heroes or maybe Pokemon OR/AS might be interesting to see.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The only ones there that seem particularly out there are Minish Cap Remake and maybe Golden Sun.

Maybe BG&E2 and Pikmin 4 as well considering the circumstances of Nintendo's E3 (no NX specifically, and I do believe Pikmin 4 is going to be an NX title now, if it wasn't already), but otherwise they would be fairly reasonable.

I actually do see the Mother 3 announcement happening regardless of Nintendo's E3 plans. I feel like if they have ANY surprise announcement not on their current public schedule, it's that. It's big enough to drum up hype considering the legacy of the game, but small enough for them to just throw a quick announcement trailer in there with an interview with Itoi or something, like they did with Earthbound Beginnings last year at the Nintendo World Championships.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

At this point I'm convinced Pikmin 4 is an NX title.
And thus we won't be seeing it.
Just my opinion.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Another little comparison involving Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice.

It's clear the extra dev time has been very good for the graphics, let's just hope the gameplay is as much of a step up as Aaron Webber has been saying it is.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I am personnally more convinced of a cross-platform title like Zelda. But I'll spare you the whole debate on the likelinesses and unlikelinesses of a game that has supposedly reached the end of its development by the end of 2015 being made as a priority for a hardware that doesn't come out until one year and a half later.

So yeah, my bet is that they made a Wii U version first to test the water.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I am personnally more convinced of a cross-platform title like Zelda. But I'll spare you the whole debate on the likelinesses and unlikelinesses of a game that has supposedly reached the end of its development by the end of 2015 being made as a priority for a hardware that doesn't come out until one year and a half later.

So yeah, my bet is that they made a Wii U version first to test the water.
That'll probably be the case if the Wii U version was far enough in development by the time NX ports and games were being considered more seriously, like what happened with Zelda. I mean, Miyamoto did say it was close to completion...then again, you never know with that guy. :p

Though if the game wasn't far enough along in development to be capable of putting out retail copies of some kind by the time NX software development was really kicking in, then I think it will just be an NX project.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'd love a 3D remake of the Minish Cap. Perhaps something like A Link Between Worlds/Tri Force Heroes or maybe Pokemon OR/AS might be interesting to see.
I'd want to buy it but I would likely not be able to. :(
Besides I only finished Minish Cap mid last year. Great game. Slightly underrated imo.

This is my bingo sheet. I really want to see Pikmin 4. There are some VERY unrealistic/over-the-top predictions as you can see, especially when knowing that Nintendo won't have a Digital Event or something. These are more of a 'what I want to get' list than a 'what I think there'll be' chart.
I really love your choices! This is my Bingo Sheet. I say that but I mean it was given to me at IGN boards. It's really cool it's made by someone else and there are real prizes! (kindly offered by community members)
RmlScX0.jpg
Wish they had more varierty. The backgrounds are basically Kirby & Pokemon, with some Starfox and Animal Crossing plus a Yooka-Laylee one and a Smash Cloud one.

I doubt I'd win this year. lol. I wanted one that included Zelda U, Dragon Quest anything, Sword Art Online game and some demo not working at a conference and I only got one of those. Ah well.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Agreed. The same happened with Pikmin 3: announced before Wii U's reveal, ended up becoming a Wii U title.
My main thing is.
In fall of last year it was "nearly complete."
The only reason I could see it NOT being shown off in any capacity yet is because it's no on a current console.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So the other day I remembered Card Sagas Wars existed.

I wish I didn't remind myself that I'm still waiting after 8 years. 8 years man.

The fact that it has yet to be officially confirmed as cancelled yet hasn't had a word about it since 2013/14 makes it all the more painful.

Like seriously, it's been so long that :4link: vs :4cloud:has become an ACTUAL THING, not to mention Project X Zone being a thing and bringing even more of these characers together. How the actual hell is that possible.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So the other day I remembered Card Sagas Wars existed.

I wish I didn't remind myself that I'm still waiting after 8 years. 8 years man.

The fact that it has yet to be officially confirmed as cancelled yet hasn't had a word about it since 2013/14 makes it all the more painful.

Like seriously, it's been so long that :4link: vs :4cloud:has become an ACTUAL THING, not to mention Project X Zone being a thing and bringing even more of these characers together. How the actual hell is that possible.
Looks decent but not better than PXZ

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Looks decent but not better than PXZ
A mechanical and fast paced fighting game vs a slow and monotonous strategy game with some of the worst padding I've ever seen?

Why is this even a contest, the two don't even have the same genre (No, X Zone's 'attack' system does not count).

Sorry but X Zone bothers me to no end outside of the crossover novelty.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
X Zone is the real deal though. (opinion)
Er... That's not an opinion. X Zone is quite literally the real deal from the actual companies while Card Sagas is not. :V

Doesn't make it the better game though. Of course, I say that having never played Card Sagas myself since there has never been a proper demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom