• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

RIP Scout

Tevye you monster.
Tevye did nothing wrong.
He gave Swedish Chef the option of killing a child or eradicating a deadly disease and Mr. Hurdy Shmurgy straight up kills a child.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Tevye did nothing wrong.
He gave Swedish Chef the option of killing a child or eradicating a deadly disease and Mr. Hurdy Shmurgy straight up kills a child.
Well this is the same man who tried to get a can of peas to kill him.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I have to root for my boy Swedish chef. Nationalism baby.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
wow...just beat Ridley in Metroid after accidentally bumping into him in Norfair... and he was pretty freaking easy...compared to Kraid this fight was kind of a joke...literally freeze all of his fireballs and just pump him full of missiles...

Almost all of Ridley's boss fights are pretty easy...oddly enough Other M Ridley was the one that was the most challenging...(mainly because of how stupidly awkward it was to use Super Missiles)

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I play Corrin (Female ver. since I like that one better) a lot more recently, and now I feel like she's one of my favorite characters in the Smash Series, and feel more like a Corrin main. Her Nair is great with it's big hit box, and has juggle potiental that I use it quite normally, Up Air's still a great kill move, Fair's a good combo using attack, in fact all of her aerials are great for me. Don't get me started on her N special, and her Side Special, those ones are my favorites, with N Special great with it's 2 inputs (The shot, and the bite which has a good small shot, big bite combo) and Side Special great for it's knockback, mindgames, edgeguarding, and a fine poking tool. I also like to do follow ups after Counter surge since they feel fun to do. I even like all her Smash attacks, FSmash for it's chainsaw hitbox (Which is good for Attack ledge getups), Down smash feels fun to use, and her UpSmash even though it lacks range, has good knockback, and quite satisifying for reads. But the best that I had are her Combos, OHHHHHHHH BOY, Dtilt + any aerial, 2 Fairs + Up Special, Nair + Upair (Sometimes), etc. She's quite literally one of the few characters that I want to return in Smash 5, and also appear in Fanmade games.

(P.s: I also beated a Shiek expert once (No cockiness intended))

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I play Corrin (Female ver. since I like that one better) a lot more recently, and now I feel like she's one of my favorite characters in the Smash Series, and feel more like a Corrin main. Her Nair is great with it's big hit box, and has juggle potiental that I use it quite normally, Up Air's still a great kill move, Fair's a good combo using attack, in fact all of her aerials are great for me. Don't get me started on her N special, and her Side Special, those ones are my favorites, with N Special great with it's 2 inputs (The shot, and the bite which has a good small shot, big bite combo) and Side Special great for it's knockback, mindgames, edgeguarding, and a fine poking tool. I also like to do follow ups after Counter surge since they feel fun to do. I even like all her Smash attacks, FSmash for it's chainsaw hitbox (Which is good for Attack ledge getups), Down smash feels fun to use, and her UpSmash even though it lacks range, has good knockback, and quite satisifying for reads. But the best that I had are her Combos, OHHHHHHHH BOY, Dtilt + any aerial, 2 Fairs + Up Special, Nair + Upair (Sometimes), etc. She's quite literally one of the few characters that I want to return in Smash 5, and also appear in Fanmade games.
Oh BTW your avatar reminded me, I think today was Corn on the Cob Day.

*checks site with list of holidays again*

Yup.

I ended up out of a coincidence having corn on the cob today, too.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

RIP Franziska
RIP Football Zombie
RIP Rabies

Lot's of death.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

RIP Franziska
RIP Football Zombie
RIP Rabies

Lot's of death.
"Produce, you will always remember this day, as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow."

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Remember kids not to mod your Smash Bros game or this could happen:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I did a Hunger Games simulator game once, and I gotten a message that Mew2King threw a knife at Bayoetta's head (Then I laugh really hard upon seeing that text). :4dedede:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

RIP Jasmine
RIP Repede

Swedish Chef is the funniest guy here.

RIPede

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

RIP WAAAluigi
RIP Tevye

More death.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

RIP Nikki

Nearing the end.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

RIP Swedish Chef
RIP Sam
RIP Narcissism
RIP Linkle
This was a massacre.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And we're down to the Top 4 already...come on, Jack.

EDIT: Edited in a comma because it's REALLY IMPORTANT in this sentence.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Son of a *****...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I can't believe Jack won a second time.

What are the odds?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If anyone wants an idea for the next Hunger Games. . .

Final bosses from Smash Series games, playable characters excluded.

The more more eldritch they are, the better.

Bonus points if they're dripping with spoilers. :troll:

And the idea would be at it's best if it threw in every last Smash series that actually has final bosses.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly, the more random they are, the better.

The RNG allows for hilarious scenarios like...

Slippy running from a can of peas.
Ash murdering a house.
Jason picking flowers.
Swedish Chef chatting to Narcissism about themselves.

It allows for funny things to happen.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Ash murdering a house.
Jason picking flowers.

Well. . .

Maybe the Morton Salt Girl for next time, then? Or does suggesting something detract from the randomness?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I started playing the first Half Life, loving it a lot more than the second one, TBH. And I loved that game.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Ash murdering a house.
Jason picking flowers.

And the characters you pick for these makes them even more hilarious! xD

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was hoping to get the kirby planet robobot pack that comes with Kirby

But I'm not going to be so lucky

So, I guess I'll buy Planet Robobot + Kirby Amiibo + Dedede Amiibo

I'll get Meta Knight and Waddle Dee later

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Oh man, I was really rooting for the Can of Peas. The Can of Peas really got around...it kept sleeping with other people for warmth!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This is why we need Hamm and his national anthem of burgers in the next round.

Warning: N-Bomb for those who aren't hood enough.

Sorry, I'm now a Bust A Groove fangirl.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is why we need Hamm and his national anthem of burgers in the next round.

Warning: N-Bomb for those who aren't hood enough.

Sorry, I'm now a Bust A Groove fangirl.
Well, she does have a point. The dude feels good at night when he eats a cheeseburger over being with his lady. I can understand that he loves eating fast food, but c'mon dude. I'd take hanging out with my babe over eating cheeseburgers anyway. :p

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh man, I was really rooting for the Can of Peas. The Can of Peas really got around...it kept sleeping with other people for warmth!
They don't call him the green giant for nothing. :troll:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
holy crap...Tourian is damn near impossible with all the damn lag....

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So guys, about Injustice 2, this may sound weird, but is there away that they'll be able to have Supergirl play differently to Superman? Now I don't have much knowledge on Injustice and how the characters played in it.

But I'm just thinking that they would play to similarly to each other, since they should have the same powers, please if someone can explain to me how they would, please do.

Also this was probably already said, but when in the reveal trailer, when the line, each time I enter the pit I emerge reborn, anybody else think they're hinting at Ra Al Ghoul? (I think that's how you spell his name)

Now characters I'd like to see in Injustice 2: Static, Starfire, Beast Boy and Cyborg.

Also yes, his hero name is Static, not Static Shock, unless DC changed it in the comics, like they did with Captain Marvel and changing his name to Shazaam, which was actually kind of understandable, best to keep a consistent name for branding and all that.

Also something else I can't remember, but would like to know, was Hal Jordan the only Green Lantern in the original Injustice? (Also by only, I'm wondering if the other Green Lanterns were alts for Hal or not)

Cause I'd like to John Stewart in Injustice 2, but again, I see the same problem as with Supergirl and Superman, since they have the same power, same also applies to the other Green Lanterns on Earth, except for maybe D'dg, the squirrel Green Lantern, just cause the sheer hilarity a silly concept would bring to the dark universe of Injustice.

Although building further on the Green Lanterns of Earth, the way DC differentiates them is the constructs they make, I just can't remember the philosophy behind each ones constructs, and what they all use for their constructs.

Also I do wonder if Injustice did use Starfire, I wonder if they'd use her design from the comics or her more well known one from the Teen Titans animated series.

Another character I'd like see but probably won't happen, is Spoiler, but I don't think people want to many Batman characters. It'd also be neat if they added Batwoman.

On another note, this isn't really anything big, but just something I noticed, I'm sure even you here who don't like Teen Titans Go can at least agree its a better show then the Powerpuff Girls reboot, I mean cause hey at least Teen Titans Go animations are actually finished.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So guys, about Injustice 2, this may sound weird, but is there away that they'll be able to have Supergirl play differently to Superman? Now I don't have much knowledge on Injustice and how the characters played in it.

But I'm just thinking that they would play to similarly to each other, since they should have the same powers, please if someone can explain to me how they would, please do.

Also this was probably already said, but when in the reveal trailer, when the line, each time I enter the pit I emerge reborn, anybody else think they're hinting at Ra Al Ghoul? (I think that's how you spell his name)

Now characters I'd like to see in Injustice 2: Static, Starfire, Beast Boy and Cyborg.

Also yes, his hero name is Static, not Static Shock, unless DC changed it in the comics, like they did with Captain Marvel and changing his name to Shazaam, which was actually kind of understandable, best to keep a consistent name for branding and all that.

Also something else I can't remember, but would like to know, was Hal Jordan the only Green Lantern in the original Injustice? (Also by only, I'm wondering if the other Green Lanterns were alts for Hal or not)

Cause I'd like to John Stewart in Injustice 2, but again, I see the same problem as with Supergirl and Superman, since they have the same power, same also applies to the other Green Lanterns on Earth, except for maybe D'dg, the squirrel Green Lantern, just cause the sheer hilarity a silly concept would bring to the dark universe of Injustice.

Although building further on the Green Lanterns of Earth, the way DC differentiates them is the constructs they make, I just can't remember the philosophy behind each ones constructs, and what they all use for their constructs.

Also I do wonder if Injustice did use Starfire, I wonder if they'd use her design from the comics or her more well known one from the Teen Titans animated series.

Another character I'd like see but probably won't happen, is Spoiler, but I don't think people want to many Batman characters. It'd also be neat if they added Batwoman.

On another note, this isn't really anything big, but just something I noticed, I'm sure even you here who don't like Teen Titans Go can at least agree its a better show then the Powerpuff Girls reboot, I mean cause hey at least Teen Titans Go animations are actually finished.
They have made similar characters play different enough from each other, (like Batman and Batgirl) I'm sure they'll make Supergirl's fighting style different enough from Superman's. John Stewart was an alt for Hal Jordan.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have to wonder something though about Injustice 2. Given what just happened in the main DC Universe...
...any chance for Watchmen characters to make an appearance? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom