• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
In terms of the MCU, I do believe it will have some effect on MVC4 right down to character choices. But to be honest I don't think it'll be end all be all. Hell half if not most of the MCU universe is already in Marvel Vs Capcom as it is (at least the more notable characters).
Plus honestly I really wouldn't mind seeing someone like Black Widow or Nick Fury in it.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Uh, guys?
Can we get some of my favorite marvel heroine in MvC4?
Can I hear a Captain Marvel in the house?

Also plz halp I've become addicted to waluigi memes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To me it comes off as pandering, lazy, and uncreative when new people take up the mantle of existing characters. I'm not huge into comics, but I'd much rather have a new black female character with her own unique name and powers than simply making Iron Man into a black female for example.
To be fair, you're not the only one who feels that way, especially about Riri becoming Iron Man (well, Ironheart, but still leading an Iron Man book). I just think that for specific characters, it makes sense from a character arc standpoint, like Sam going from Falcon to Captain America.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Oh, I was just going by deaths, not replacements, haha. Poor Rhodes.

Although I do wonder whether I should consider Tony dead or not. From what I heard, isn't his consciousness still around in Infamous Iron Man, acting as Doom's AI? Almost like a tech ghost. Kind of a weird case.
Tony seems to done an Ultimate Universe Tony and downloaded his consciousness into an AI.

From that, I can assume he'll be able to put his AI back into his brain at some point down the line, like what Doc Ock did with his own body in Amazing Spider-Man #20.

To me it comes off as pandering, lazy, and uncreative when new people take up the mantle of existing characters. I'm not huge into comics, but I'd much rather have a new black female character with her own unique name and powers than simply making Iron Man into a black female for example.
Honestly, it really only works really well with specific characters such as X-23 becoming Wolverine and Sam becoming Falcon.

Soul.

I want gameplay improvements from MvC3.

And more FGC hype I guess.

Don't really care about asking for characters tbh.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tony seems to done an Ultimate Universe Tony and downloaded his consciousness into an AI.

From that, I can assume he'll be able to put his AI back into his brain at some point down the line, like what Doc Ock did with his own body in Amazing Spider-Man #20.

Honestly, it really only works really well with specific characters such as X-23 becoming Wolverine and Sam becoming Falcon.
Yeah, I can definitely see him pulling a Doc Ock. It definitely seems like something he'd do.
Uh, guys?
Can we get some of my favorite marvel heroine in MvC4?
Can I hear a Captain Marvel in the house?

Also plz halp I've become addicted to waluigi memes.
Honestly she's pretty much a shoo in for MvC4 with how much Marvel's pushing her. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
While I completely agree with you, she is pretty hot

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
To be fair, you're not the only one who feels that way, especially about Riri becoming Iron Man (well, Ironheart, but still leading an Iron Man book). I just think that for specific characters, it makes sense from a character arc standpoint, like Sam going from Falcon to Captain America.
Captain America may be the sole exception because in-universe it seems he's viewed as much as a symbol as he is a person. He's like Uncle Sam.

But I don't understand why anybody other than Wolverine need be Wolverine. Why does X-23 need to take up the mantle? Granted she's very similar in most aspects, but why can't she have or keep her own name? Why does there need to be a Wolverine in absence of Logan?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Captain America may be the sole exception because in-universe it seems he's viewed as much as a symbol as he is a person. He's like Uncle Sam.

But I don't understand why anybody other than Wolverine need be Wolverine. Why does X-23 need to take up the mantle? Granted she's very similar in most aspects, but why can't she have or keep her own name? Why does there need to be a Wolverine in absence of Logan?
Technically it's not even in Logan's absence. 616's Wolverine is dead, but Old Man Logan from a different universe is still kicking. :p

Though honestly I just don't see legacy characters as a bad thing, I mean, Scott Lang wasn't the first Ant-Man, after all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know who's also hot? The Human Torch.
Eh, I'm burned out from the human torch. All Fantastic Four movie's fizzle out

Besides, from what I heard about him in bed it's more

then

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm guessing it's somewhere between brand name recognition and the iconic status said characters have.
In the mindset of a company, why risk a new title when one can play it safe with a character people know and with an already established fanbase?

Which admittedly is why I feel lot of Western comics have slowly been becoming a gray mush as of late.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Because she is basically his daughter and that during the earlier issues of All-New Wolverine during an afterlife sequence, Logan says she was better at being Wolverine than he was... Something to that effect.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Black female Iron man
muh suspension of disbelief
gender politics in my superheroes?!?!!?!??!?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm off to bed with the promise of waking up to Animal Crossing news.

Know it won't be talked about but, I hope the eventual switch Animal Crossing game is an actual AC game and not third rate Mario Party.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Agent Colson and Monster Hunter for MVC4 or riot!
Coulson is honestly one of my more out-there wishes.

The Destroyer Gun, an Icer, various 084s, other things that I'll spoiler tag since Kabuto Gwen wants to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
His bionic hand for super strength and potential laser finger they keep teasing, his energy shield...
And ramming the opponent with Lola as his hyper combo. :p

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have 8 cups of pumpkin seeds cooking

Bought 4 pumpkins because it was my last chance, and they were on sale

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Croagunk was not one I really saw becoming playable, but I do think they're a pretty unexpected troll addition to the Pokkén cast. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the game comes to the Switch.

Re: MVC4 - As long as it doesn't have the same launch state as Street Fighter V, I'm definitely in. They've a great and growing line-up of potential to work with from both Marvel and Capcom.
For Marvel:
Winter Soldier
Ant-Man
Star Lord or another member of the Guardians
Doctor Strange's return
Maybe Luke Cage(?)...

Capcom:
Monster Hunter or Felyne
Classic Mega Man
Rashid
Kaijin no Soki...

I'll come up with a potential full list of characters I want later in the day.

Playing it right at midnight, faster loading times is a big plus for me.

Hell,Saturday Night Live did one and no one boycotted them

Also.. Boycotting a.. youtuber?
I guess in hindsight, I may have been a bit rash in a 'never watch JonTron again' mindset. I guess it just really ticked me off that he used an ISIS propaganda video when it really didn't need to be a part of the episode at all. It just rubbed me the wrong way, as the rest of the episode was pretty fine until that part. That was sort of my main complaint with the most recent JonTron video. I hope that clears up any further issues.

D

Deleted member

The only thing I care about for MVC4 is that Haggar, MODOK, and Ghost Rider come back.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm probably one of the last people to really care about Animal Crossing all that much, though I'm probably still gonna watch the Direct tomorrow, but because I'm totally indifferent to the series I literally have absolutely no expectations going into the Direct....

But who knows they may surprise me....or still somehow disappoint me...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So, a MvC4 may be in the works? I hope it's true since I missed MvC3 and I'd love to see them take on the subseries again with a new set of characters.

As for personal wishlist, I hope to see Firebrand and Ammy return, mostly because I did miss MvC3 and I'd like to play with them. Other characters I'd like to see are Black Panther, Jon Talbain, Felyne, and Star-lord. I'd also like to see Ryu from Breath of Fire, but my expectations are low for that one...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Question: Now that the full versions of Pokémon Sun & Moon are available as eShop pre-purchases, can they still be datamined even though they can't be played yet?

D

Deleted member

Two characters(That aren't in the previous games.) I'd like to see to see in a MvC game are:

Vega for Capcom. He is honestly a one of kind character in the SF universe. With his unique moveset and his superb mobility, I feel like he can make a pretty great addition to the MvC series much like he did in SF. His high flying moves especially are so fun. His moves, especially the supers, would be pretty great to see translated into a more over the top fighting game.

The Lizard for Marvel. I know, blah blah blah, claw character. :p BUT HES GOT A TAIL AAAAAAH

But really, I just kind of get tired of everyone firing beams. I notice that most of the characters I and others are projectiles and beams galore. I want some physical action, I could just imagine some pretty cool stuff like a command tail grab and him using his ability to summon other reptiles. Plus his design is very simplistic and classic, as if he's a character that could've appeared in the classic MvC games.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd like to see Doctor Doom return to the game

And Mega Man

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
On a side note:
Please bring back D.C. Douglas as Wesker. He was like watching a Christmas dinner but a voice.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Welp.

No more spooky avis.

Twas fun while it lasted.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Welp.

No more spooky avis.

Twas fun while it lasted.
So I guess you're going to be rescuing Tethe'alla instead, then?

May luck be with you then, Sheena. Try not to fall into any mine shafts.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Coulson is honestly one of my more out-there wishes.

The Destroyer Gun, an Icer, various 084s, other things that I'll spoiler tag since Kabuto Gwen wants to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
His bionic hand for super strength and potential laser finger they keep teasing, his energy shield...
And ramming the opponent with Lola as his hyper combo. :p
He reps the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. which would be perfect. Works really well with how popular it is and how it relates to current marvel works. As you said, the moveset would be so much fun to.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
How dare you.
How dare I subvert the progress of the plot or how dare I poke some fun at the first impression one gets of "Clumsy Assassin?" :troll:

. . .Hopefully I wasn't rude by saying that or anything. :nervous:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I played a bit of Tales of Symphonia. I liked what I played, but I got stuck very early on. I'll go back to it someday, maybe I should have a more traditional RPG as my first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom