• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How would you guys feel if a fighting game had an X factor like power but instead of being a comeback mechanic, you could spend meter on it.

So one would have to choose to use your meter on a super or a temporary speed/power boost.
I kinda prefer the more basic approach without it. Like, it's kinda sounding like EX moves in 3rd Strike and beyond.

Me? I prefer like Street Fighter Alpha 2 and building up specials and leaving the combat focused at a steady pace then with additional bursts added to the mix. I'm probably minority there, but yeah.

It's kinda what's cool about Smash Bros, tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Pretty much MvC2 then.
Nah, CvM2 is pretty broken, to be honest. Though I do understand why it was well received at the time, especially since the console versions finally matched up with the arcade version of the game in quality unlike previous MvC games, from what I've heard. Having a huge roster also helps. :p Even though to me it's pointless when most of the choices are "eh".

How would you guys feel if a fighting game had an X factor like power but instead of being a comeback mechanic, you could spend meter on it.

So one would have to choose to use your meter on a super or a temporary speed/power boost.
Other fighting games have already done similar things. Not all being speed/power, but usually having some kind of benefit. Whether it be linking together combos you couldn't otherwise do, using EX moves freely, or using supers for a less required amount of bars on top of the previous mentioned benefits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Other fighting games have already done similar things. Not all being speed/power, but usually having some kind of benefit. Whether it be linking together combos you couldn't otherwise do, using EX moves freely, or using supers for a less required amount of bars on top of the previous mentioned benefits.
Allow me to clarify.

You couldn't use EX moves.

It'd be activating a mode for say.... 5 seconds per bar where you get a general speed and power boost.

Essentially turning X Factor from a comeback mechanic to an offensive one.

D

Deleted member

Erryone talkin' MvC4 when what we really need is TvC2 for Switch.

With the return of the lovable sneeze genie. Because fak u Europe. You got Bayonetta in Smash, let us have Hakushon. in TvC.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
GoNintendo just did a stupid move
They reported on an indie called Fiora Frightening. But they reported on it as if it was brand new. Hell, one of the comments criticized the trailer for no gameplay and just VA work. Which is usually a valid criticism. But that game is a kickstarted game. And the trailer was BEFORE the game got funded in 2014. I dunno about you, but isn't it kinda important to mention that in the article?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love when people ***** about Gambit not being in the X-Men movies, or the video games.

Get your character relevant to the X-Men and Marvel again and then you can be mad.

He's pretty much the has-been 90's It Boy at this point.

D

Deleted member

I suppose I wouldn't mind it, as long as the stat boosts aren't too substantial.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
LOOK WHAT I JUST CHAIN FISHED MOFOS!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I have UMvC3 and it's fun. It's too bad I don't have my own 360 to play it on. I might just buy a used one from GameStop for $50....

But I'm about to splurge on other things...

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I love when people ***** about Gambit not being in the X-Men movies, or the video games.

Get your character relevant to the X-Men and Marvel again and then you can be mad.

He's pretty much the has-been 90's It Boy at this point.
I think you're forgetting how integral he was to some key plot points in early 2000's X-Men stories, not to mention that he's still a super popular character with a movie in the works.

Just because he isn't relevant now doesn't mean he isn't relevant ever.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think you're forgetting how integral he was to some key plot points in early 2000's X-Men stories, not to mention that he's still a super popular character with a movie in the works.

Just because he isn't relevant now doesn't mean he isn't relevant ever.

Smooth Criminal
Oh, right that movie. The movie that has lots a bunch of directors, producers, screenwriters, in development hell, has a really popular Hollywood star attached that will eventually leave it too, because it's taking too long to make, and he'll eventually not have the time for it? Thus effectively killing it?

That movie isn't happening ever.

16 years ago is still a long time away. He can't hold a solo book (in fact this is true too at the height of his popularity as well), he's never been a huge seller for Marvel on his own, each attempt lately to revitalize him has failed.

My point still stands. Gambit simply does not matter to the current Marvel or X-Men slate and thus he's not a necessary component anymore to represent either Marvel or the X-Men.

And I'm not saying this to hate on the character, because while he's not one of my favorites, he definitely has some solid and interesting merits as a character, there are just people who I'd rather see in a Marvel crossover/X-Men game than him at this point.

I'd be saying the same thing with Eddie Brock Venom. People always cry for him, but he hasn't been Venom in such a very very very long time.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am kind of unhappy how certain characters that were important when I was young have completely lost their importance now

The Penguin, for example, was one of Batman's most iconic villains, up until even being in Tim Burton's Batman 2. But, you'd probably never see him as a main villain in a movie NOW

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I am kind of unhappy how certain characters that were important when I was young have completely lost their importance now

The Penguin, for example, was one of Batman's most iconic villains, up until even being in Tim Burton's Batman 2. But, you'd probably never see him as a main villain in a movie NOW
I mean...he's obviously the leading character of the villains on the show Gotham, whatever you may think of it's quality, the actor playing him has been praised, and there's that for him.

The Penguin's problem isn't really that he's no longer relevant to Batman's rogues. It's just that Batman has alongside Spider-Man, the best Rogue's Gallery in comics, and so many of them have yet to even grace a film.

Chrono.

MVC2 is a weird game, like, you can tell the game was probably made in less than a month.

Barely any new characters, old characters were just literally copy-pasted in from past Vs Capcom games (including properties and all), the stages are just these random locations that have no relevancy with Capcom or Marvel and the music having also nothing to do with Marvel or Capcom (it was catchy though).

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
MVC2 is a weird game, like, you can tell the game was probably made in less than a month.

Barely any new characters, old characters were just literally copy-pasted in from past Vs Capcom games (including properties and all), the stages are just these random locations that have no relevancy with Capcom or Marvel and the music having also nothing to do with Marvel or Capcom.
MvC2 is fun to look at because if made today have that roster would never be considered for a Marvel game. I love playing that roster.

''Holy ****? Spiral? MARROW?! What time portal have I traveled back into?!"

Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman

I forgot Tatum left that project. My bad there. And you do bring up a good point on him not being able to hold his own series, among other things.

Smooth Criminal
I don't think Tatum has left Gambit just yet, but it's probably happening soon. I also think Fox found their sucessful X-Franchise to push now that they've drawn the team members to an almost stand still for content to do in Deadpool. So it's not as much of a priority for them.

Yeah, I also like to remind people who want Black Widow's spin-off to happen that even after ScarJo made her blow up into a super star popular character that she really wasn't before, she still can't hold a solo series very long, thus having no real villains or storylines to call her own to hold a franchise.

And again I believe ScarJo has more and proven herself to be a worth while actress to the character and universe and deserves her own vehicle. There's just nothing for that vehicle if the comic character refuses to catch up to her success level.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I mean...he's obviously the leading character of the villains on the show Gotham, whatever you may think of it's quality, the actor playing him has been praised, and there's that for him.

The Penguin's problem isn't really that he's no longer relevant to Batman's rogues. It's just that Batman has alongside Spider-Man, the best Rogue's Gallery in comics, and so many of them have yet to even grace a film.
Oh that's interesting. I actually didn't know about the show "Gotham"

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I've never even been decent at MvC, pretty much because I haven't mastered the controls.

I still enjoy watching it sometimes though. Especially the amount of dialogue that occurs in one match.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Guess who just turned up in SHIELD for Reyes' Ghost Rider origin.

JOHNNY BLAZE

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Dissidia: Final Fantasy basically did this with the EX Mode mechanic.

May not be a traditional kind of fighting game, but still.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Methinks the social media bubble is gonna pop and they saw Valve's oodles of money and decided "me wantie!"
While Facebook has somewhat dwindled in recent years compared to other social media sites like Twitter, it's still very much profitable.

It also isn't a bubble. Social media is an integrated part of society now. Like, if you're a business, and you don't have a page on all of the major social media outlets, you are actively handicapping yourself. And even from a personal standpoint, you might miss out on local events and stuff if you don't have social media because some of the ads only go up there.

D

Deleted member

Why did I ever stop using Tumblr again?
Screenshot_2016-11-02-10-47-37-1.png
*deletes Pokemon Go*
*installs Tumblr*
Oh boy, I'm back to 2015

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Just please bring back the blue bomber who should have been in vanilla MvC3 to begin with and yet wasn't even included in UMvC3; an updated version that had MORE characters with an opportunity to redeem themselves to include one of their most iconic characters and still failed to do so.

Last thing I want to hear is that they'll won't add him in because "they can't think of a good moveset for him" and "isn't popular enough" when we all know that's b*** ****.

He had a moveset in the first 2 MvC games that worked out just fine for the most part and if he wasn't popular enough, then I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been included in Smash 4 which just so happens to be one of the biggest video game crossovers out there soooo...what's the issue then? Someone help me out here.

Wonder what newcomers that they could maybe add and how big the roster would be since UMvC3 has less characters than MvC2 does. I'd imagine that from Capcom they'll add someone from the Mega Man series, SFV, Monster Hunter, Dark Stalkers, etc. Don't have a clue though on who they could add for Marvel. Ant-Man maybe? Sorry, I don't really follow Marvel all that much.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum 2 questions. First of all, as someone who's going to watch Agents of SHIELD, anything I should know?
And second, you mentioned something when you asked Qrow about Dr. Strange
You mentioned Shuma Gorath being leaked as a toy iirc. Could I have a link?
Going in, just know this...if you don't like the show after the first few episodes, don't quit. It really DOES get better the further along season one gets. ESPECIALLY when a certain movie gets tied in. But that said I wouldn't skip any episodes because it would ruin the twists.

As for that other thing...
Lego sets have a habit of providing spoilers, or fake outs. Hit or miss. Iron Man 3 was a fake out, but Age of Ultron and Civil War's sets had legitimate spoilers. One set had Strange, Mordo, and AO fighting a tentacle monster in a portal. It looked like Shuma, but red. Apparently this wasn't in the movie. :p

Here's a link.

D

Deleted member

Holy ****. The newest Super Sentai episode is joking that one of the main 5 is in a pedophillic(?) relationship. Japan doesn't **** around with kid shows
lolwut? Well, I guess it's to be expected since it was only recently outright banned to "engage" with minors over there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Going in, just know this...if you don't like the show after the first few episodes, don't quit. It really DOES get better the further along season one gets. ESPECIALLY when a certain movie gets tied in. But that said I wouldn't skip any episodes because it would ruin the twists.

As for that other thing...
Lego sets have a habit of providing spoilers, or fake outs. Hit or miss. Iron Man 3 was a fake out, but Age of Ultron and Civil War's sets had legitimate spoilers. One set had Strange, Mordo, and AO fighting a tentacle monster in a portal. It looked like Shuma, but red. Apparently this wasn't in the movie. :p

Here's a link.
I've heard that shows have a slow start, but I liked Kamen Rider Blade and Drive, shouldn't be bad
Which movie tie-in? Haven't seen all Marvel Movies so I'm not sure. I'm going on a whim and guessing Avengers though
Huh. Looks neat. A red Shuma. Shuma in 3D would certainly guarantee Japan's interest, they really like the guy

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Really? Do explain why you think so.

I always saw social media as stable.
Social media has always relied on investors in addition to the obvious advertising and "selling your information that you're giving away for free you fool" angles. And with Social media becoming the new norm, there's no more growth and it's less appealing to invest in. Not to mention that Twittter is in serious trouble, too restrictive to tout it's "free speech" selling point and too unrestricted fro anyone to wanna buy it. They killed Vine to preserve costs.

Maybe it's not so much a bubble as it is an unsettling settling but you get my point.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Social media has always relied on investors in addition to the obvious advertising and "selling your information that you're giving away for free you fool" angles. And with Social media becoming the new norm, there's no more growth and it's less appealing to invest in. Not to mention that Twittter is in serious trouble, too restrictive to tout it's "free speech" selling point and too unrestricted fro anyone to wanna buy it. They killed Vine to preserve costs.

Maybe it's not so much a bubble as it is an unsettling settling but you get my point.
The only people whining about Twitter not having free speech are the people conveniently forgetting that Milo **** has broken their own rules multiple times to the point a permanent ban was their only real option. If anything, they aren't restrictive enough considering all the unironic neonazis and everything
lolwut? Well, I guess it's to be expected since it was only recently outright banned to "engage" with minors over there.
I JUST REMEMBERED WHICH SENTAI IT IS. IT'S THE ONE WHERE 4 OUT OF 6 ARE ****ING FURRIES. EVEN WORSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom