• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
*Everybody expecting Empoleon* *Croagunk is announced instead* Got to love Nintendo sometimes. I never cease to laugh when another thing comes out instead of what everybody expects. *looks at Shulk/Robin/Lucina*

The artist is amazing. The comics with the Final Evo Starters are adorable, amazing and hilarious.

Also, in Overwatch news...
Sombra was shown on the Blizzard store. And this artwork depicts her controlling one of the giant Mechs from Volskaya Industries, the Russian Map.
soooo her gloves or gauntlets have cyber-whips that can hack things and come out of the fingertips? Neat. Tbh, the thing that I want to know the most is if she can hack things about the characters. Think about it. Pharah about to kill you? Hack the suit so she misses. Bastion being a pest with his turret camping? Hack Bastion and use him to surprise camp the other team. Andthen there's the possibilities with things like Torbs and Symmetra's turrets.

*looks at the rest of Sombra*
dem legs tho

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They totally stole the cyber whips from Johnny Mnemonic

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Croagunk? Upset we got him and not Empoleon.

Looking at the unrepresented types, how about Pidgey, Lopunny, Smeargle, or Jigglypuff for Normal, and Tyranitar or Aerodactyl for Rock?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I love all of these Pokémon comics people make these days.

^3^ Beautiful Mermaid Seal looks adorable in the first panel!

xD Y feel bad for Incineroar...but he owned Decidueye REALLY HARD...that's going to hurt in the morning I bet...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
10 est like normal
Thanks.

I'm going to make a bold prediction:

At the end of the direct we see a snippet of footage from Animal Crossing Switch as they say look for more in January.
On the subject of Pokemon we've been wishing for Pokken for a while, I've wanted Gallade in the game since the details about the game first emerged, but now that Scizor pretty much took most of what Gallade would use in battle, I'm doubtful he will appear in this iteration of Pokken at this point. Mega Gallade would've been awesome in that game too.

I'd also want to see Greninja or Swampert for Water-starters, but even they look pretty doubtful at this point.

Salamence would be cool too, especially for a more aerial-based fighter.

After hearing about the news of Cilan's return for the special episode, I have a feeling Serena will run into Iris for that kind of special. If Iris comes back, I can imagine her reason for going to Hoenn might have to do with learning more about Rayquaza or maybe even learn about the Draconid people (both are connected to Dragons).

Personally, I'd much prefer if Serena meets with either May or Lisia for a special episode. May would be great because she could tell Serena about how Ash impacted her development as a character, not to mention her reaction to Serena's big kiss would be pretty interesting to see. Serena could probably learn more about contests from May as well.

Lisia could also work as a rising Hoenn Coordinator, or maybe Lisia just became the new Hoenn Grand Master, and similar to May, she could teach a thing or two about contests to Serena. Heck, maybe May and Lisia could potentially appear in that same episode. Perhaps both might be battling amidst the contest, or maybe May and Serena run into Lisia together.
If Serena meets Iris, her mentioning Ash could be good. Iris would be like holy ****.

Although her meeting May or Lisia would be so much better. Both could lead to a good contest themed episode and having may return or a new character show up would be good either way.

D

Deleted member

Leftover data isn't a new occurance within gaming, for instance, Mewtwo in Brawl, Azure's Flute in DP, etc.. I don't see the need to release newcomers for a game that's on a system that's to be replaced in 5 months. And its likely to be moved to NSwitch anyways.

Not saying they won't, of course. They might. You never know I guess.
It was data added in a patch.
It was not "leftover".

Now where :4feroy: have we seen this :4ryu: before?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Saw Marvel vs Capcom 4 trending on Twitter and thought something happened.

Turns out it's just a rumor going wild right now.

Here's the source, some "trustworthy' FGC guy. Aka it's probably nothing, but be on the look out.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Here's the source, some "trustworthy' FGC guy. Aka it's probably nothing, but be on the look out.

The 'Kevin Feige' of Marvel games was asked last year( or early this year, can't remember) would there be another MvC game in the future and he said, "We don't have anything to announce about that series at this time, but we want to provide the best experiences possible for our fans. That community is always on our minds. So, who knows what the future holds?"

Or something like that at least. I took that as confirmation as soon as he said that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If it ended up being true, the series could potentially reach the peak of popularity with how GIGANTIC marvel is now even more so than when MVC3 was released.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It was data added in a patch.
It was not "leftover".

Now where :4feroy: have we seen this :4ryu: before?
Ah, didn't know that. Thought it was within the vanilla game.

Even if they do appear, the only justification of getting them is if they're free. I don't know GF's standing on paid DLC, but if it's paid, why should I buy it when its likely to be transferred to the NSwitch anyway? That's why I'm skeptical about the whole thing.

Chrono.

Ah, didn't know that. Thought it was within the vanilla game.

Even if they do appear, the only justification of getting them is if they're free. I don't know GF's standing on paid DLC, but if it's paid, why should I buy it when its likely to be transferred to the NSwitch anyway? That's why I'm skeptical about the whole thing.
GF got nothing to do with the game, Bamco and Harada do, and Harada at least believes characters should be free (as such was the case for the 6 DLC characters from Tekken Tag 2).

As for the latter point, they already got the characters made, all they have to do is make the available for the Wii U and/or Switch. They wouldn't lose any money because they data's already made and all they'd have to do is port it.
The 'Kevin Feige' of Marvel games was asked last year( or early this year, can't remember) would there be another MvC game in the future and he said, "We don't have anything to announce about that series at this time, but we want to provide the best experiences possible for our fans. That community is always on our minds. So, who knows what the future holds?"

Or something like that at least. I took that as confirmation as soon as he said that.
That sounds more like a non-statement to me, but who knows.

Capcom and Marvel have a weird love-hate relationship.

Ivander

Smash Legend
If it ended up being true, the series could potentially reach the peak of popularity with how GIGANTIC marvel is now even more so than when MVC3 was released.
I just hope that the Capcom reps get a bit more diversity compared to MvC3. In terms of Marvel characters, I just hope Spiderman gets a bit more reps, especially with Spiderman coming into the Marvel movie series. Otherwise, I don't mind the reps of other Marvel movies. It's mostly the Capcom characters I care about and I just hope compared to MvC3 that there will be a bit more diversity for Capcom series.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
As long as we get in Cyclops and a certain blue robot guy, I don't mind.
(Also keep in Frank West because he's the best thing ever.)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
GF got nothing to do with the game, Bamco and Harada do, and Harada at least believes characters should be free (as such was the case for the 6 DLC characters from Tekken Tag 2).
Well they hey, go for it then. So long as I don't have to pay, then I don't care.

D

Deleted member

My most wanted character for MvC4 that wasn't in UMvC3? A revamped Classic Mega Man, or bring back MegaMan Volnutt from TvC, or give us a newcomer in the form of X or MegaMan.EXE or Star Force Mega Man.

If you couldn't tell already, I want Mega Man.

Politics are so powerful that Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi are getting involved

:061:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

As for the latter point, they already got the characters made, all they have to do is make the available for the Wii U and/or Switch. They wouldn't lose any money because they data's already made and all they'd have to do is port it.

That sounds more like a non-statement to me, but who knows.

Capcom and Marvel have a weird love-hate relationship.
I found the quote. And yeah it kinda is but Marvel games is becoming like Marvel Studios. They're starting to listen to the fans.

Here's the article.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
That tweet is probably going to end up like the Smash 4 Twitter fiasco from last year. I'm not getting my hopes up.

I don't really have many character requests, just bring back Mega Man and Blackheart.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm pretty sure that GO messed up big time.

From what I've seen, the wild spawns are gone for Ghost Types, however,

If you have a buddy put in during the event and haven't taken them away, they keep the reduced candy rate permanently until switched out.

If you have a starter in there, keep it and have fun!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Politics are so powerful that Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi are getting involved

:061:
I'm imagining Wario telling you to vote Clinton. :4wario::4wario2:

It's super weird.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Remember what I've said, if MvC3 doesn't get a next gen port or neither does Children of the Atom, Marvel Super Heroes, XvsSF, MSHvsSF, MvC1 or MvC2

MvC4 isn't happening

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm pretty sure that GO messed up big time.

From what I've seen, the wild spawns are gone for Ghost Types, however,

If you have a buddy put in during the event and haven't taken them away, they keep the reduced candy rate permanently until switched out.

If you have a starter in there, keep it and have fun!
I'm still getting the spawns for Ghost types and the .75 m to get candy

I think they just haven't removed the event yet

Perhaps they are just going to leave it up for the week

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

As long as Gaist Crusher stays away from the roster, I'm alright with it.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Thanks.

I'm going to make a bold prediction:

At the end of the direct we see a snippet of footage from Animal Crossing Switch as they say look for more in January.
The Japanese Direct is going to have some info of Miitopia at the end of it, so it's a bit unlikely. I'd love me some Animal Crossing Switch.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
*Looks it up* lol Wut?

Why are you this concerned about an old anime?
It's not an old anime, but a failed attempt at making a multimedia franchise by Treasure and Capcom. Both the original and the sequel flopped.

So it's me seeing no appeal in something that comes off as your stereotypical "kid action/collecting series" like the more successful ones that exist.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I do not like that you can't view the manual of pre-purchased of 3DS eShop game before they released (they use to allow you in the past).

It's not like they manuals hide important details that would classify as a leak.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I'm imagining Wario telling you to vote Clinton. :4wario::4wario2:

It's super weird.
As it should be.
Let's-a make america great again! Yahoo!
Here I go! Building a wall!
You thought it was Waluigi time? TOO BAD! Hillary Time!
Testing something for my upcoming project... Should be fairly obvious what it is if said test goes well.

That's......beautiful!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Mother of god, Pokemon moon is largs. Even with a N3DS, its taking so long
I do not like that you can't view the manual of pre-purchased of 3DS eShop game before they released (they use to allow you in the past).

It's not like they manuals hide important details that would classify as a leak.
Manuals really do hold a lot of info though. for all we know, some mechanics are in there

Last edited:

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
As it should be.
Let's-a make america great again! Yahoo!
Here I go! Building a wall!
You thought it was Waluigi time? TOO BAD! Hillary Time!

That's......beautiful!
Oh! I didn't make these. They are wonderful though, aren't they? I was merely experimenting with inserting images through HTML. My project is a Smash moveset for the Knight of Shovels; I'm hoping to enter the Make Your Move contest on this very site!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom