• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I got distracted from the stuff I was actually here to post.

lol. Someone understands.
Kappa.png

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Niantic is so slow that they forgot to close the Halloweeen event today. Reminds me of Nintendo with the Smash Ballot. lol

At least I can continue over leveling my Rapidash.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

**** yes, now bring Tales of Vesperia over.

Oh man, RWBY Vol.4 Ep 2, just...
All these feelings are starting to leak, lemme get off this ride already because I know it'll get much worse from here
tfw the Butler is played by J Michael Tatum though.

Play it again... F.I.L.S.S

if you don't get the reference then watch RvB you scrubs

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Niantic is so slow that they forgot to close the Halloweeen event today. Reminds me of Nintendo with the Smash Ballot. lol

At least I can continue over leveling my Rapidash.
Remember when everyone were shoving their last minute ballot votes after it was beyond past the closing? Good times.

Good. I am so close to finally getting that Alakazam I've always wanted. Hope they don't close the event until the weekend.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So, in the Nintendo financial results briefing Q&A, Nintendo expected the NES Classic Edition to appeal to "a limited age demographic" but surprised by the huge amount of positive reception to it. Surprised Nintendy originally expected that.

10 days can't come any sooner...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
maybe you dont really need a class on it just do what i did, i never took a class on 3D modeling in my entire life but look at what i was able to make in just 6 days:

just download Blender and watch few totourial video on it while you are making a 3D model then you are good to go.
students and teachers at my school are extremely surprised that i am very good at making 3D models even though it wasnt very hard and it didnt took a month to make.
I actually do have Blender, but the tutorials at the time I downloaded it were outdated compared to the current version

I'm sure the tutorials ATM are fine

Although I also have the student version of 3D studio Max which is considerably easier than Blender IMO

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
My GameStop will have a midnight release for SuMo, so I'll be there for that. I won't be grabbing the NES Mini due to bills

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And your newest Pokken Tournament character is... Croagunk!
LOL EMPOLEON

LOL SUPPORTS ARE FAIR GAME

Sylveon when?
Wow it was right in front of us! That's an amazing choice. I like both croagunk and toxicroak so one of them appearing is better then none of them. Now Dragonite next please...
In Pokemon anime news, another XY&Z special will air on November 10th featuring Clemont and Bonnie, and a previous star will return for it. Who could it be? Hmmm...

Cilan is that "previous star" I was talking about.

The special will be named "The Ultimate Duo! Clemont and Cilan!"

Here's the blurb:

“While participating in a fishing tournament in Lumiose City, Clemont and Bonnie meet the traveling Pokémon Connoisseur Cilan. Cilan tells them he’d like to go to the Prism Tower so Clemont and Bonnie decide to guide him. At Cilan’s suggestion, they attempt to travel via the subway, but while down there, an unmanned test vehicle Bonnie boarded ends up starting to move.”

Honestly, I never expected to see a special featuring Clemont, nor did I expect to see Cilan make a return. Would've been better if Brock appeared instead, but this might be interesting.

I can already smell the many food puns coming back though.
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Cilian is alright, but he was in Johto why go all the way out to Kalos. Could be interesting I guess.

Also, I could see a special about Serena happen to now.

And what time EST is the Direct tomorrow?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pokken continues to add Pokemon I don't care about

Still don't really care to buy it

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
In news that will most likely only excite me... Sega's releasing a new Daytona game.

It's arcade-exclusive, though... so good luck tracking it down.
Maybe they'll port it to consoles at some point.

Regardless, it's good to see SEGA reviving an old IP. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Chrono.

In news that will most likely only excite me... Sega's releasing a new Daytona game.

It's arcade-exclusive, though... so good luck tracking it down.
But this doesn't fit into the narrative that SEGA only care about Sonic and nothing else.

In all seriousness, good stuff.

Now do Outrun 3 please.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I actually do have Blender, but the tutorials at the time I downloaded it were outdated compared to the current version

I'm sure the tutorials ATM are fine

Although I also have the student version of 3D studio Max which is considerably easier than Blender IMO
I tried to download 3D studio max before and it made my laptop extremely laggy and I couldn't even open the file of it because of how much space it did take on my laptop...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I was expecting Empoleon, but instead we got... Crogunk? Okay not only was it a Support Pokémon, but ... Crogunk? I mean don't get me wrong, I loved Crogunk in the anime so this isn't too big of a deal to me, but I didn't expect Crogunk to outshine the other supporters.

...this reveal told me that if there's more then four newcomers, Victini is now a possible candidate again... Ooh... I want to believe... ;(

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't think I've ever really liked Velma. This new version is also boring lol

Fred is normally my favourite but the Daphne in this new one is the best.

Chrono.

I was expecting Empoleon, but instead we got... Crogunk? Okay not only was it a Support Pokémon, but ... Crogunk? I mean don't get me wrong, I loved Crogunk in the anime so this isn't too big of a deal to me, but I didn't expect Crogunk to outshine the other supporters.

...this reveal told me that if there's more then four newcomers, Victini is now a possible candidate again... Ooh... I want to believe... ;(
I wouldn't count on it, the 4 we're already getting were decided months ago.

Though I guess it is possible for the Arcade version to keep getting characters, I'd keep expectations low.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I wouldn't count on it, the 4 we're already getting were decided months ago.
That doesn't mean there'd be no more newcomers. That means we're seeing four of the newcomers. There could still be more.
Though I guess it is possible for the Arcade version to keep getting characters, I'd keep expectations low.
The arcade version right now is the ONLY one getting these newcomers. Odds are, they're waiting for the NSwitch to drop rather then throw it on the Wii U version.

I'm not holding out for anything. But the possibility is there and that's pretty cool.

Chrono.

That doesn't mean there'd be no more newcomers. That means we're seeing four of the newcomers. There could still be more.

The arcade version right now is the ONLY one getting these newcomers. Odds are, they're waiting for the NSwitch to drop rather then throw it on the Wii U version.

I'm not holding out for anything. But the possibility is there and that's pretty cool.
I think the Wii U is getting the DLC whether an NSwitch version happens or not. The data is already there, we're probably getting them after the arcade gets all 4 of them.

Just like the arcade got the Wii U characters couple months after it came out.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I really don't care for Croagunk/Toxicroak.

And I set a spot for it in my Greninja run recently in X.
Then the stars alligned to tell me not to change my ways by throwing a shiny Venipede on R6.

Also, are we still without a confirmation how/when they'll go to console?

Ivander

Smash Legend
*Everybody expecting Empoleon* *Croagunk is announced instead* Got to love Nintendo sometimes. I never cease to laugh when another thing comes out instead of what everybody expects. *looks at Shulk/Robin/Lucina*
I love all of these Pokémon comics people make these days.

The artist is amazing. The comics with the Final Evo Starters are adorable, amazing and hilarious.

Also, in Overwatch news...
Sombra was shown on the Blizzard store. And this artwork depicts her controlling one of the giant Mechs from Volskaya Industries, the Russian Map.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I think the Wii U is getting the DLC whether an NSwitch version happens or not. The data is already there, we're probably getting them after the arcade gets all 4 of them.

Just like the arcade got the Wii U characters couple months after it came out.
Leftover data isn't a new occurance within gaming, for instance, Mewtwo in Brawl, Azure's Flute in DP, etc.. I don't see the need to release newcomers for a game that's on a system that's to be replaced in 5 months. And its likely to be moved to NSwitch anyways.

Not saying they won't, of course. They might. You never know I guess.

Chrono.

Also, are we still without a confirmation how/when they'll go to console?
Yeah, we got nothing.

Like the Wii U exclusive characters, I suspect they'll wait for all 4 of them to be released on arcades before releasing/announcing them for Wii U.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
On the subject of Pokemon we've been wishing for Pokken for a while, I've wanted Gallade in the game since the details about the game first emerged, but now that Scizor pretty much took most of what Gallade would use in battle, I'm doubtful he will appear in this iteration of Pokken at this point. Mega Gallade would've been awesome in that game too.

I'd also want to see Greninja or Swampert for Water-starters, but even they look pretty doubtful at this point.

Salamence would be cool too, especially for a more aerial-based fighter.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Cilian is alright, but he was in Johto why go all the way out to Kalos. Could be interesting I guess.

Also, I could see a special about Serena happen to now.

And what time EST is the Direct tomorrow?
After hearing about the news of Cilan's return for the special episode, I have a feeling Serena will run into Iris for that kind of special. If Iris comes back, I can imagine her reason for going to Hoenn might have to do with learning more about Rayquaza or maybe even learn about the Draconid people (both are connected to Dragons).

Personally, I'd much prefer if Serena meets with either May or Lisia for a special episode. May would be great because she could tell Serena about how Ash impacted her development as a character, not to mention her reaction to Serena's big kiss would be pretty interesting to see. Serena could probably learn more about contests from May as well.

Lisia could also work as a rising Hoenn Coordinator, or maybe Lisia just became the new Hoenn Grand Master, and similar to May, she could teach a thing or two about contests to Serena. Heck, maybe May and Lisia could potentially appear in that same episode. Perhaps both might be battling amidst the contest, or maybe May and Serena run into Lisia together.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Huh, Croagunk is a playable fighter, can't say I expected it, though it's kind of funny that he was right in our faces the whole time but we overlooked it due to the Support thing. I guess with Empoleon, that covers all four of the remaining DLC slots unless it expands in the future, not a bad line-up for the series' first foray into the Fighting Genre.

I'm still hoping for my boys Hydreigon and Feraligatr to join the fray.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So if we still get Empoleon that would make more 4th gen Pokemon than 1st gen Pokemon in Pokken, (if we don't count the alternate forms of Pikachu and Mewtwo) and 5th and 6th gen still only have one Pokemon each.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So if we still get Empoleon that would make more 4th gen Pokemon than 1st gen Pokemon in Pokken, (if we don't count the alternate forms of Pikachu and Mewtwo) and 5th and 6th gen still only have one Pokemon each.
I'd consider Pikachu Libre a 6th gen pokemon since it only exists in that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom