• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I said Skyrim for the poll. I'd be more willing to pay for it again to go portable than for the precious HD graphixs.

Wonder if Nintendo would allow mods. Knowing their track record, probably not.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just saw Doctor Strange. Absolutely AMAZING. Currently in top 3 MCU movies
Liked the new Marvel Studios logo too
Kinda surprised Benedict Cumberbatch also played Dormammu. Speaking of, I DO hope that in a potential sequel he finds a way to undo the time loop and have a 1v1 with Strange. It's clear Mordo will be the main villain, but goddamn do I love me some Dormammu.
Also saw the SECOND stinger. Civil War fooled me out of that one, but not this time!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
No joke, Forbes is surprisingly good for video game news.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
*Sees poll*

I'll wait until the games are officially confirmed before I vote.
It makes one wonder why they didn't just confirm development on these games or let us know what they were after the trailer dropped, that way we wouldn't have to needlessly speculate on whether the Splatoon and Mario Kart footage were sequels or enhanced ports. I guess we'll be waiting until Jan 12th for the announcements.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not voting for anything on the poll. None of these games really interest me atm.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Is the Pokemon tourney with Sun and Moon? If so, sign me up.
(I don't have XY or ORAS)

In other thoughts, I enjoyed the Kid Icarus Did you Know Gaming. There were some things I did not know about, particularly with OG KI and KI:U.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Somewhat on Mario, Sonic, and maybe Breath of the Wild. So far, the games aren't doing much for me, and I got a Wii U. I'm going to wait for now. The Switch is cool, don't get me wrong, but I'm not full of money all that much.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Only 2 more in-game events left in the Sun/Moon demo. Interesting all of the gifts are valuable items.

Of all the items you get so far, you can sell them for a total of 16,250 Pokémon Dollars. Curious what the last 2 will give you.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I would say Breath of the Wild. But I think I'd probably rather go for the Wii U version with that. Especially if the gamepad will offer similar/better stuff as the HD Gamecube Zelda remakes did.

So I guess I'll probably go with Mario Switch as that one intrigued me the most in regards to the Nintendo Switch from what we've seen so far.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I would say Breath of the Wild. But I think I'd probably rather go for the Wii U version with that. Especially if the gamepad will offer similar/better stuff as the HD Gamecube Zelda remakes did.

So I guess I'll probably go with Mario Switch as that one intrigued me the most in regards to the Nintendo Switch from what we've seen so far.
IIRC, I think Nintendo said that the Wii U port of Breath of the Wild will not take any advantage of the GamePad (except amiibo) so it's on par with the Switch port.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I can't find any good avatar pics of JUST Kouki. There's too much Hikari spam in the way of it all. Its like I'm shuffling through pic after pic ands either a combo pic or just Hikari.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
IIRC, I think Nintendo said that the Wii U port of Breath of the Wild will not take any advantage of the GamePad (except amiibo) so it's on par with the Switch port.
Really? So they removed the whole feature of being able to look at the map and selecting items during gameplay through the gamepad and all?

That's quite a shame....

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/g...-the-wild-rejected-due-to-disrupting-gameplay

Aonuma claims it "disrupts gameplay" but, to me, it sounds more like Nintendo is ready to give the Wii U's gimmicks the boot.
I'd argue that its more "game disrupting" when you actually have to pause in order to load up the map or change your equipped items and all imho.

Sounds more like an excuse to keep both the Wii U and Switch versions in line to me.

Oh well.... Guess I'll probably go for the Switch version then, at least I'd be able to take that on the go...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'd argue that its more "game disrupting" when you actually have to pause in order to load up the map or change your equipped items and all imho.

Sounds more like an excuse to keep both the Wii U and Switch versions in line to me.

Oh well.... Guess I'll probably go for the Switch version then, at least I'd be able to take that on the go...
Maybe by game disrupting thy mean you have to keep looking down and away from the game to look at the map

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Maybe by game disrupting thy mean you have to keep looking down and away from the game to look at the map
I feel that that actually makes it more immersive imho. Wind Waker HD did a similar thing and I think Twilight Princess HD too if I recall correctly. I liked how you could take a quick glance at the gamepad in order to check your map or quickly switch between various items during gameplay.

If anything, having to pause the game over and again just to change between certain items or checking the map is more disruptive towards gameplay if you asked me. Some of the comments in that article summed up my thoughts perfectly. I certainly feel that this was more done due to the fact that the Switch wouldn't have this feature so in order to keep the two versions as similar as possible, they removed the gamepad's exclusive features.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I feel that that actually makes it more immersive imho. Wind Waker HD did a similar thing and I think Twilight Princess HD too if I recall correctly. I liked how you could take a quick glance at the gamepad in order to check your map or quickly switch between various items during gameplay.

If anything, having to pause the game over and again just to change between certain items or checking the map is more disruptive towards gameplay if you asked me. Some of the comments in that article summed up my thoughts perfectly. I certainly feel that this was more done due to the fact that the Switch wouldn't have this feature so in order to keep the two versions as similar as possible, they removed the gamepad's exclusive features.
yeah but TMS also did that and that was a royal pain, with the random encounters and all. You dont want to look away if enemies are always active on the game
Well I was waiting because if you guys were staying as ghosts I would too, but if you're not then I'm changing.
You can really change your name if you want at any time

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be honest, it's not all that clear what's going on with Breath of the Wild. I'd wait for more proper details before making a decision. And even then, you got more than enough time to wait till you know the facts.

Keep in mind I kind of liked going into the menu for stuff, but it means I don't have to divert my eyes away as well. That means it's harder to catch me off guard. I agree that the menu definitely breaks the immersion, though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Honestly, I really like the 2 screens thing for a number of games that the DS/3DS/Wii U has offered but if they don't want to do such a thing, I can deal with that too.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My team is probably gonna be

• Incineroar
  • Mimikyu
  • Ninetails
  • Raichu
  • Lycrock
  • Dio Dragon (lol forgot it's name)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pokémon team? I don't have anything fully planned out but I do know I want Primarine & Alolan Raichu.

And I plan to nickname that Raichu, but I'm having trouble deciding between either "Puka" or "Pancakes".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom