• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Which is why you love a franchise in which the characters are literally 'mage, paladin, warrior' and stuff
Alright, first off, it's a game where you create the characters so it's not my damn fault you can't make up anything better than Cynthia
Second, the existing NPCs are pretty developed for the most part
And finally, there are no Paladins or Warriors, just Protectors and Landsknechts and Magic doesn't exist, it's science

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ya know people who start with litten get the full benefit of having a mimikyu on their team

Rowlet becomes a ghost
and popplio becomes a fairy

call me crazy but i deffenitely see incineroar being the new charizard in the anime

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Popping in to say that the poll has been updated!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ya know people who start with litten get the full benefit of having a mimikyu on their team

Rowlet becomes a ghost
and popplio becomes a fairy
What's stopping us from using Mimikyu? Just because there'd be double types doesn't mean anything. Especially considering we're talking the main game's story. If its an issue, and you're choice is Rowlet, just put a Pokémon in there that resists Ghost and Dark. Bewear covers both, and supposedly is a very powerful force so it may act as you're physical all-out attacker. Salandit covers Poison and Steel if you choose Popplio.

For me I'm thinking Rowlet, Salandit, Mimikyu, Wimpod, A. Raichu and Rockruff will work. So happy HMs aren't limiting my team this generation.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What's stopping us from using Mimikyu? Just because there'd be double types doesn't mean anything. Especially considering we're talking the main game's story. If its an issue, and you're choice is Rowlet, just put a Pokémon in there that resists Ghost and Dark. Bewear covers both, and supposedly is a very powerful force so it may act as you're physical all-out attacker. Salandit covers Poison and Steel if you choose Popplio.

For me I'm thinking Rowlet, Salandit, Mimikyu, Wimpod, A. Raichu and Rockruff will work. So happy HMs aren't limiting my team this generation.
It's not STOPPING you, but having a larger variety of typings is MUCH more useful

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Popping in to say that the poll has been updated!
I'm looking forward to Skyrim Remastered and future collaborations with Bethesda and Nintendo. Everything else is pretty dark in comparison to this to me.
It's not STOPPING you, but having a larger variety of typings is MUCH more useful
In the main game, that's irrelevant. Unless you're new to Pokémon.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm looking forward to Skyrim Remastered and future collaborations with Bethesda and Nintendo. Everything else is pretty dark in comparison to this to me.

In the main game, that's irrelevant. Unless you're new to Pokémon.
Still kinda troubling if the enemy has and advantage against multiple mons.
The person who made an English cover of Mimikyu's song did a second one after people whined about it not matching the original versionthat much. Now it sounds awkward as ****

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Still kinda troubling if the enemy has and advantage against multiple mons.
Eh, I never had that issue. The main game hasn't been actually challenging since DP. So unless the difficulty has been amped up, focus on type coverage isn't nessasary. Especially in Mimikyu's case, who's typing is a big "**** you" to nearly everything.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I reeeaaally don't know what to put on my team yet.

All I know is that Oricorio, either Primarina or Decidueye and
Bubblebug
will be on it.
For the rest I'm pretty disappointed in the Pockermon of the Aloler region.

EDIT: Is this a decent team?

Decidueye
Oricorio
Leaked Poké in Spoiler
Lycanroc
Passmian
Pyukumuku

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I reeeaaally don't know what to put on my team yet.

All I know is that Oricorio, either Primarina or Decidueye and
Bubblebug
will be on it.
For the rest I'm pretty disappointed in the Pockermon of the Aloler region.

EDIT: Is this a decent team?

Decidueye
Oricorio
Leaked Poké in Spoiler
Lycanroc
Passmian
Pyukumuku
really depends on what leaked mons typing is

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
pretty sure it's bug/water

EDIT: I think Pallosand will be pretty legit.
Ground and Ghost are good typings, right?
That'd be a pretty disappointing typing honestly.
Ground adds an additional immunity and three weaknesses. Ghost has two immunities and two weaknesses. Its not bad.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
That'd be a pretty disappointing typing honestly.
Ground adds an additional immunity and three weaknesses. Ghost has two immunities and two weaknesses. Its not bad.
I don't think Bug/Water is a disappointing type.
It could be competitively, but I'd be one of the three Bug/Water types and potentially the only one to keep it. (Surskit dropped it and Wimpod might too) so it's at least unique.

Three immunities is pretty swell.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't think Bug/Water is a disappointing type.
It could be competitively, but I'd be one of the three Bug/Water types and potentially the only one to keep it. (Surskit dropped it and Wimpod might too) so it's at least unique.

Three immunities is pretty swell.
Thats not what I mean. Bug/Water is a very good typing. It has three weaknesses and five resistences. Its just that for a Pokémon like Wimpod's evo, I'd expect it to become something like Bug/Dragon or something beast-like. Because yeah- it evolves into a ****ing monster. Staying as a Bug/Water would be kind of strange in transforming, but I wouldn't have anything against it if it were.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Voted for Super Mario Switch. It's easily the Switch game I'm most excited for at the moment.

I have a theory about the game as well.

So you know how the only two segments we saw were part of the same continuous desert-like level, considering the beacon of light present in both? And you notice how there's ice pillars everywhere, despite them being incredibly out of place in this level? My theory is that in response to the common complaint that you always go through the same world types (snow, desert, grassland, mountain, water, Sky, lava, repeat), Nintendo made this game which features the different world being combined due to some universe-altering magic or something, and Mario needs to set things right. So we could see sand + ice, Sky + Ocean, grassland + lava, and who knows what else. It could definitely be creative. And it'd fit with the system name. All the world's got switched around.

That's my theory anyway, based on the literally five seconds of footage we've seen. :p

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Thats not what I mean. Bug/Water is a very good typing. It has three weaknesses and five resistences. Its just that for a Pokémon like Wimpod's evo, I'd expect it to become something like Bug/Dragon or something beast-like. Because yeah- it evolves into a ****ing monster. Staying as a Bug/Water would be kind of strange in transforming, but I wouldn't have anything against it if it were.
But I'm not talking about Wimpod's evo.
I'm talking about the leaked Bubble Spider

Voted for Super Mario Switch. It's easily the Switch game I'm most excited for at the moment.

I have a theory about the game as well.

So you know how the only two segments we saw were part of the same continuous desert-like level, considering the beacon of light present in both? And you notice how there's ice pillars everywhere, despite them being incredibly out of place in this level? My theory is that in response to the common complaint that you always go through the same world types (snow, desert, grassland, mountain, water, Sky, lava, repeat), Nintendo made this game which features the different world being combined due to some universe-altering magic or something, and Mario needs to set things right. So we could see sand + ice, Sky + Ocean, grassland + lava, and who knows what else. It could definitely be creative. And it'd fit with the system name. All the world's got switched around.

That's my theory anyway, based on the literally five seconds of footage we've seen. :p
Or it's Sarasaland all crystallized because reasons.
Ninty please don't crush my dream on this one.

D

Deleted member

My teams will be (I'm planning to play the game three times, with a different starter for each):
First playthrough:
Decidueye
Salandit evo
Wimpod evo
Lycanroc (Midday)
Alolan Raichu
Silvally/Kommo-O (depends on whether the former is obtainable in the story or not)

Second playthrough:
Primarina
Vikavolt
Lurantis
Alolan Marowak
???
???

Third playthrough:
Incineroar
Alolan Exeggutor
???
???
???
???

Yeah I still haven't fully decided on all of them yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Already posted my team after the datamining, but might as well post it again:
Decidueye
Mudsdale
Wimpod evo
Salandit evo
Alolan Raichu
Kommo-o

Was planning to use Vikavolt and Bruxish over Wimpod and Alolan Raichu, but Wimpod's evo changed that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I wonder if the animal crossing update will finally happen on nov 2nd.
I hope, I dont feel like waiting
Same. Whichever Pokémon catches my eye is in.
If I were to pick certain pokemon, Id be limiting myself to pokemon I probably wont even like so I go hog wild and use what pops out at me

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So I heard about this virtual reality drawing program recently. (r/mystery dungeon)
Apparently you use it with a VR headset. Haven't paid attention to those, surprisingly enough.

-----

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Day 29: Untitled Waltz

Stepford Wives? Corpse Bride? David Arnold's Waltz of no name emits a haunted and antique vibe. Makes a good piece to play at a party.

Tomorrow...

A classic costume...
In constant war...
With Asian assassins...

Yelling out an "....!"
Gyargh, knew it was from Stepford Wives, but didn't know the song (bc I've neverseen SW).
uhhhhh something from Seven Samurai?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
We finally have a different poll for this thread?
Gotta go with Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild...A game that could potentially be my new favourite Zelda title! And that's saying a lot since Twilight Princess is probably my second favourite game of all time right after Metroid Prime...needless to say I have a lot of expectations for this game, but from what I saw so far the only thing that could really break the game for me is a **** story, and crappy dungeons and booses, and an absence of Midna ...

----

We talking potential Sun/Moon teams again?

First playthrough is very likely going to go with
Incineroar
Alolan Ninetales
Wimpod
Kommo-o
Mimikyu
Salandit

I actually forgot that HM's are going to be removed so there isn't much of a need to keep a flying type on my team although, possibly playing through so much of the game without a second team member would be a little difficult since it's a brand new game...Probably will have a bunch of temporary team members to try them out for a bit...If that's the case some prime candidates...
Pikipek
Gumshoos
Lurantis
Palosand
Turtontator/Drampa
Alolan Muk

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
No clue on my team for Moon, too many pokemon I like. Chances are it'll likely be a first-come first serve kinda thing. Not to mention all the previous mons returning that I like.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I have decided at least to have these 3 on my team, especially after it has been decided that I will get Litten.

-Incineroar
-Lycanroc(Night)
-Tsareena

A.K.A. The "Tough Love" Trio. I'm also sure I'm going to have either Gengar or Gyarados on my team. Now I'm trying to decide whether to have Ribombee, Mimikyu or Sylveon as another one. The last one, I haven't decided yet. I want to see the rest of the unrevealed Pokemon and their entries.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have no idea who my team will consist of other than my starter. Even then, I'm kind of going back and forth on who my starter will be.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
In response to poll, it's a tough one.

I'm a bigger Sonic fan than a Mario fan, but we've actually seen gameplay of Mario Switch.

I'm more curious about Project 2017, but by default I'll have to go with Mario Switch.

Chrono.

I went with Zelda BOTW.

My excitement for Mario Switch relies on whether it'll be a larger scale collectathon or a more linear one like 3D World. There's not enough gameplay to judge either.

I don't think I'll be getting Splatoon again as it makes me sick. Don't care for Skyrim. Only 'sports' game I play is WWE. DQXI is a big maybe. Sonic 2017 doesn't have any info or gameplay for me to judge.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, watching this video just hurt my body and soul.
There is no way that thing like that could happen. I didn't know that this game was so glitchy, slippy yes, but not glitchy.
I really feel bad for those guys.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Let's see:
- Game that we know loads about but is also on Wii U though I doubt I'll use the Wii U much in future
- Game that is port of/sequel to racing game I like
- Game that is port of/sequel to one of my least favourite shooters ever
- Game that has 5 seconds of footage and could either be like the older 3d games or the more recent 3d games
- Remaster that is also on PC where mods make it actually fun to play
- Game that is a yearly sports title I have no interest in
- Game with no gameplay shown but plenty of promises
- Game from a series I have no strong feelings towards.

Winner: Dark Souls BotW

MainJPW

M.T.A
In response to poll, it's a tough one.

I'm a bigger Sonic fan than a Mario fan, but we've actually seen gameplay of Mario Switch.

I'm more curious about Project 2017, but by default I'll have to go with Mario Switch.
Same here, and after watching Andre from GameXplain's analysis on Mario Switch it looks like it may be a more open ended adventure title than the recent games which is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom