• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can't help but enjoy many of the video game movies. Street Fighter(haven't seen the sequel), both Mortal Kombats, Super Mario Bros., Doom, Double Dragon, both Tomb Raiders...

I think that's all I've seen. Any ones I've missed besides Legend of Chun Li?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't help but enjoy many of the video game movies. Street Fighter(haven't seen the sequel), both Mortal Kombats, Super Mario Bros., Doom, Double Dragon, both Tomb Raiders...

I think that's all I've seen. Any ones I've missed besides Legend of Chun Li?
Blood Rayne, house of the dead, Alone in the Dark

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well, the slow speed was only one thing that was disliked about DP, and not even the biggest one considering HGSS is just slow but highly regarded.

It was the overall structure of Sinnoh, as well as the terrible Regional Pokedex, among other stuff.

I should replay those games again so I can get a better feel of them. I actually liked them far more than Gen 3 back in the day.
Despite my salt and hatred for Gen 4, it was really good game from the battles with Gym leaders, Team Galactic, Barry and the Pokémon League.

But the region, dex, the character designs (well for D/P moreso) and somewhat music was kinda of a turnoff

Still Gen 3 is miles ahead of it just because of Emerald and FRLG

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Blood Rayne, house of the dead, Alone in the Dark
Probably doesn't help I know little about those games.

I also forgot about Advent Children(I did see The Spirits Within, though). I'm not counting Pokemon and Digimon since they're based upon the anime instead(regardless of them starting as video games). That said, why haven't we had a Zelda movie yet? Oy vey.

I do remember the Fatal Fury movies, although I only saw one of them. Pretty good overall.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I dispise gen 4,gen that got me out of the Pokemon series till x and y

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If there's one thing I can say, not all filmmakers and companies produce perfect films. Even those that make good movies can shell out mediocre films.

Ask George Lucas about the Star Wars prequels, or Disney about Chicken Little (easily one of my least favorite films for multiple reasons), or Nickelodeon Movies about Fun Size (For once, it's best to give The Last Airbender a break).
Never heard of that one, let me see a trailer of it to see if there's anythi....

*the protagonist's best friend made a prostitution joke after earning the trust of nerds for a free car ride*

THIS is a Nickelodeon movie? I wonder what were they thinking when they greenlighted the script?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Welp.
I'm basically as done as I'm gonna get without a waiting.
716/721.
Kricketune's a 5/33 chance on Mirage Spots in ORAS, which I basically roll twice a day.
Mew's sitting in the VC Blue.
Genesect's coming in November.
Manaphy and Phione are just... enigmatic. Might just ask for a hacked on in S/M just to fill out things, since I'd get the shiny charm without them anyways.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I honestly hope they just go to G4 remakes tbh.. it fits the pattern and seeing the underground will be interesting if they keep it the same as the originals.
Probably doesn't help I know little about those games.

I also forgot about Advent Children(I did see The Spirits Within, though). I'm not counting Pokemon and Digimon since they're based upon the anime instead(regardless of them starting as video games). That said, why haven't we had a Zelda movie yet? Oy vey.
Because Link can only make grunting noises :lol:

Chrono.

Never heard of that one, let me see a trailer of it to see if there's anythi....

*the protagonist's best friend made a prostitution joke after earning the trust of nerds for a free car ride*

THIS is a Nickelodeon movie? I wonder what were they thinking when they greenlighted the script?
Well, Nickelodeon were also the ones who thought Cry Baby Lane was okay for kids.

Though that movie is dated as hell nowadays.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, Nickelodeon were also the ones who thought Cry Baby Lane was okay for kids.

Though that movie is dated as hell nowadays.
What was it supposed to be, an old Halloween special that I never heard of?

My memory is kind of rusty on old Nick stuff that are live action.

D

Deleted member

I remember seeing that trailer in theatres, I remember the Chicken taking the car from behind and going "wait, this is from nick?"

Looking back though, I never noticed the jewish dog. :p I also find it that R rated high school comedies are in the related results. LMFAO.

To be fair, Link did talk in the non-canon cartoon and CD-i games.
True, and thanks to those I'm sure that's why he'll continue not to talk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

What was it supposed to be, an old Halloween special that I never heard of?

My memory is kind of rusty on old Nick stuff that are live action.
It's a horror teen movie that aired only once in the early 00s, but it got pulled after complaints from parents for being "too scary". It went completely missing after that because Nick didn't release it on VHS.

If it sounds like your average creepypasta, it's because it kinda is. Just one that was actually real (except with no real life side effects of course).

It was later proven to be real in 2008 when someone uploaded a recording on YT, Nicklodeon later on did reair it one more time.

Here's a cap from said movie.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Think about it this way, the movie had no idea of who to appeal to and didn't know whether it wanted to be a teen comedy or a family film. It's easily one of the worst of the worst from Nick's in-house studio. People harp on The Last Airbender, yet they clearly never seen this filth with their own eyes.

Even Mean Girls does a better job in that regard than Fun Size.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's a horror teen movie that aired only once in the early 00s, but it got pulled after complaints from parents for being "too scary". It went completely missing after that because Nick didn't release it on VHS.

If it sounds like your average creepypasta, it's because it kinda is. Just one that was actually real (except with no real life side effects of course).

It was later proven to be real in 2008 when someone uploaded a recording on YT, Nicklodeon later on did reair it one more time.

Here's a cap from said movie.

A real life creepypasta that isn't cringeworthy or cliche. Got it.

Even Ghostbumps' special effects looked scarier

Think about it this way, the movie had no idea of who to appeal to and didn't know whether it wanted to be a teen comedy or a family film. It's easily one of the worst of the worst from Nick's in-house studio. People harp on The Last Airbender, yet they clearly never seen this filth with their own eyes.

Even Mean Girls does a better job in that regard than Fun Size.
Mean Girls for life! Sorry, I just still find it cool we watched that movie as part of our health class back in high school.

Those were the days.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Welp.
I'm basically as done as I'm gonna get without a waiting.
716/721.
Kricketune's a 5/33 chance on Mirage Spots in ORAS, which I basically roll twice a day.
Mew's sitting in the VC Blue.
Genesect's coming in November.
Manaphy and Phione are just... enigmatic. Might just ask for a hacked on in S/M just to fill out things, since I'd get the shiny charm without them anyways.
GTS for a Krickettot.

You can get it easy then.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So you know how everyone was wondering who would be the Fire Emblem Fates counterpart to Incineroar?

That discussion reminded me of this Tumblr post I found:

Yep, Ryoma = Incineroar. Both are largely red in color and have rather bulky appearances.

Although one uses electricity, the other uses fire, so that could be a problem

But I think Saizo fits well for another counterpart to Incineroar. Not only are both masters of fire (Saizo is a pro in using explosives), but both have similar tough-guy personalities going for them.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Other than Zelda II's acknowledgement of finding a mirror, what else? Most of them were more grunts from what I remember.
There were two instances in Zelda II. In Wind Waker, Link shouts, "Come on!" in a scene. Link’s WW voice should of had script honestly. He's got an adorable voice.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There were two instances in Zelda II. In Wind Waker, Link shouts, "Come on!" in a scene. Link’s WW voice should of had script honestly. He's got an adorable voice.
I think that's more of how Mario has a few set of words he uses in some games(although he does talk a bit more). He doesn't talk much though, regardless. What was the other Zelda II instance?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Back from watching more Garfielf vids, I am now enlightened of the glory that is our lasagna overlord.

Heathcliff wishes he's as popular as this fat cat.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I think that's more of how Mario has a few set of words he uses in some games(although he does talk a bit more). He doesn't talk much though, regardless. What was the other Zelda II instance?
The first is the mirror. I can't remember the second instance and I can't find evidence to that so I remembered wrong.

Anyways my point is that Link has had vocalization before. And honestly? I wouldn't mind it if he did again. Just not full on sentences that identify his personality. His silence is part of Zelda's immersion act.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The first is the mirror. I can't remember the second instance and I can't find evidence to that so I remembered wrong.

Anyways my point is that Link has had vocalization before. And honestly? I wouldn't mind it if he did again. Just not full on sentences that identify his personality. His silence is part of Zelda's immersion act.
If doing a movie, he'd be easier with a real personality at this point. For other games, I do like the small amount of voice clips.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I mean I HAVE my shiny kricketot but knowing I have no real rush on time makes me just wanna wait on Kricketune for it to naturally come.
ermmm....if you don't want to trade for it why not breed it then evolve the hatchling?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Did any notice the X mark when playing videos on Youtube app?
Screenshot_2016-10-30-12-07-20-447_com.google.android.youtube.png

I pressed it and it didn't do anything. The phone I was using is the phone on the left in this pic I posted.
It is not on my ASUS Zenfone C with the latest version.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Back from watching more Garfielf vids, I am now enlightened of the glory that is our lasagna overlord.

Heathcliff wishes he's as popular as this fat cat.
Garfield stomps, not just in popularity though.

He can toss boulders like they are nothing, lift and carry trees like they weight nothing, outspeed the darkness of a light switch (FTL for the win), survived plenty of high falls, and smart enough to rob a bank when he's very competent.

And what can Heath do, beat up mere alley dogs and cats?

Heathcliff wishes he's that good. :^)

Ivander

Smash Legend
So you know how everyone was wondering who would be the Fire Emblem Fates counterpart to Incineroar?

That discussion reminded me of this Tumblr post I found:

Yep, Ryoma = Incineroar. Both are largely red in color and have rather bulky appearances.

Although one uses electricity, the other uses fire, so that could be a problem

But I think Saizo fits well for another counterpart to Incineroar. Not only are both masters of fire (Saizo is a pro in using explosives), but both have similar tough-guy personalities going for them.
Someone suggested Rinkah for Incineroar and she works pretty well. Heck, the Litten lines' Shiny colors are white and red, which fit a whole lot of Hoshido, but especially fit Rinkah due to her white hair and red oni mask.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Link had some lines of dialogue in Wind Waker I remember
'I'm an ally of justice' etc...

also it was implied in Skyward Sword, though there was no written dialogue...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Link had some lines of dialogue in Wind Waker I remember
'I'm an ally of justice' etc...

also it was implied in Skyward Sword, though there was no written dialogue...
The issue is most of Link's dialogue is "choose this option" to give an illusion that it's just the player talking, not him. He barely has his own unique voice. Outside of the non-canon games, non-canon manga/comics, and non-canon tv show.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Unisex bathroom and no one cares
You know for a long time, public bathrooms weren't even divided by sex.

You just did your thing, didn't bother anyone and no one really cared.

I wonder what caused the switch.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just took a pic of a naked Trump statue, lol

Can't add it here though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom