• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I want to see D/P remakes just for the fact that the battles will be much faster. Plus, infinite use TM's would be amazing. As well as some neat Mega Pokemon being available. And a decent number happen to be Gen IV Pokemon as well, which means they could somewhat have fun with modifying the story.
Oh like Mega Giratina? :troll:

But no I agree with everything here. Megas of the Starters would be cool as heck. They could even add "Sinnoh forms" for the previous generation Pokémon in the game (which could be expected because of how hot Alola forms are).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's funny knowing that in about 5 years or so we're going to start speculating Unova remakes.

I'm going to feel very old when that happens.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
As a bit of trivia, Luke Cage actually started out as Marvel's attempt to get in on the Blaxploitation market back in the day. After the genre as a whole fell out of favor, he developed into the character he is today.
For some reason, when I saw this post I thought you were Swamp. >_>

I was very confused when I saw him in the likes list.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Kamiya must really be on the roll when 8 people where blocked this day. He's that guy that you can't really hate or love to hate. :laugh:

Since Halloween is near, might as well post this.

It's cute how the Kamiya kid got mistaken for Phil Fish, arguably the American equivalent of Kamiya.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Eh so I removed the Wind type and renamed Alien as Space.
Tbh it may have been for the best imo the only special flying type moves there would have been left are Aeroblast, Chatter, and Oblivion Wing. All of which are signature moves and two of which could have gone as wind and sound respectively leaving only Oblivion wing as the only viable flying special attack. Wind and flying types seem to be too intertwined for them to be separate.. the only way it would work is if flying types gained stab bonuses for wind moves that they would get normally

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As for the movie as a kid that aged well...

Does LofR count? It's been 15 years (man I feel old now) since the first film was released...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Warriors is a good movie that holds up today. It was made right at the end of the 70's

When someone could say "Can you dig it?" and be taken seriously

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Films that aged well childhood?

Toy Story and Toy Story 2, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Lion King, Hercules, Aladdin, Mulan, Beauty and the Beast, LILO and Stitch, Finding Nemo...lots and lots of Disney.

In fact basically all of those got BETTER with age.

And for non-Disney, The Iron Giant.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I think its funny we were speculating DP remakes and SM hasn't even come out yet. :laugh:

Not criticizing cause I started it but still. Heh.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
New signature. Color matched and everything.

There's also an easter egg in the sig.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm gonna calm the tension by using to something different.

What's your favorite movie as kid that aged pretty well as you grown up?

Mine was Small Soliders, that movie was crazy fun and you can look at it in a different light
The first two Toy Story movies, I would include 3, but this is specifying on the movies I grew up with.

They're fantastic films for kids and adults. They feature loveable characters, great writing, and are overall just a ton of fun to watch. Toy Story 2 itself my be my favorite movie of all-time.

With that said, I'm deathly afraid of Toy Story 4.

Lilo and Stitch is also another one. Stitch himself being my favorite Disney character and one of my favorite fictional characters in general.

This could be bias, but I feel Lilo and Stitch had the best of the Disney direct to DVD sequels.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As far as exploitation films go, my fav is Sci Fi psychedelia

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Pick a Don Bluth, any Don Bluth movie. Except a Troll in Central Park, that movie is far from a masterpiece (in fact, calling it one is a troll move).

The Land Before Time is easily one of my favorites from him. A gripping tale of friendship between the unlikeliest group of dinosaurs, Littlefoot having to cope with the loss of his mother, and the frightening encounters of the OG Sharptooth (Not them pansies from the latter films). I've played that VHS sooooo many times as a kid, best childhood well spent.

IMO Most of the Land Before Time sequels pale in comparison to the original. Too much singing, not enough epic adventures or tragedy like the first film. Don't get me started on the last movie....

Burruni

Smash Hero
Y'know.
I wanna bring something up. With the complaints about the size of pokedex expansion in Gen 6, not counting Megas.
Here's gen 4 without the cross-gen evos & prevos, which has 8 or 9 more legendaries than Kalos (does Rotom even count as one?)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think its funny we were speculating DP remakes and SM hasn't even come out yet. :laugh:

Not criticizing cause I started it but still. Heh.
Speculation for DP remakes started when Sun and Moon was first announced....

Don't you remember the Garchomp by the dude's computer confirmed Sinnoh remakes? :laugh:

Chrono.

I feel pretty confident we’ll see DP remakes on the for Gen 8. Each remake has been two years later than the last one and there will be enough updates by then to justify it.

Plus, given Gamefreak’s history of bad programming, I’m sure they will struggle with HD, meaning you can experience DP’s bad software all over again!
Y'know.
I wanna bring something up. With the complaints about the size of pokedex expansion in Gen 6, not counting Megas.
Here's gen 4 without the cross-gen evos & prevos, which has 8 or 9 more legendaries than Kalos (does Rotom even count as one?)
By this logic Sylveon doesn't count towards Gen 6.

I don't really see the need to cut down on the cross-gen evolutions.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gen 4 remakes better lead to Mega Empoleon

...and Mega Porygon-Z

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Y'know.
Do you have a pic of just the Pre/Evos?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Small soldiers.. wasn't there an old video game on the PS1 based on the movie? I remember playing it with my brothers almost all day way back when PS1 was relevant lol. I don't remember much from the movie however.. Though my favorite movie was The Lion King :lol:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Small soldiers.. wasn't there an old video game on the PS1? I remember playing it with my brothers almost all day way back when PS1 was relevant lol. I don't remember much from the movie however.. Though my favorite movie was The Lion King :lol:
There was this awesome small soldiers"RTS"-esque game on DOS (?) back in the day.

Loved that game

Edit: It might have been a Windows 95 game

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Pick a Don Bluth, any Don Bluth movie. Except a Troll in Central Park, that movie is far from a masterpiece (in fact, calling it one is a troll move).

The Land Before Time is easily one of my favorites from him. A gripping tale of friendship between the unlikeliest group of dinosaurs, Littlefoot having to cope with the loss of his mother, and the frightening encounters of the OG Sharptooth (Not them pansies from the latter films). I've played that VHS sooooo many times as a kid, best childhood well spent.

IMO Most of the Land Before Time sequels pale in comparison to the original. Too much singing, not enough epic adventures or tragedy like the first film. Don't get me started on the last movie....
Did you just imply Thumbelina and The Pebble and the Penguin are masterpieces? :troll:

Those two films were considered as much of a failure as A Troll in Central Park. They don't deserve to be in the same league as the cool films like All Dogs Go to Heaven and The Land Before Time.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I feel pretty confident we’ll see DP remakes on the for Gen 8. Each remake has been two years later than the last one and there will be enough updates by then to justify it.

Plus, given Gamefreak’s history of bad programming, I’m sure they will struggle with HD, meaning you can experience DP’s bad software all over again!

Gosh I hope not, I've had enough of people dissing Sinnoh for the slow battle speed, I don't need it to stay that way for the remakes.

At least the Pokemon models are already HD and just scaled down to fit the 3DS, which is partially why the 3DS games had issues running in the first place. As long as a Nintendo system isn't higher than 1080p, which the Switch almost certainly won't be, they can recycle those, at least. And they're getting practice with the kind of modeling they'll be doing with Gen 7, so hopefully they'll learn some things with that and won't have too hard of a time when they work on more detailed overworlds.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You all want to see an awesome crossover artwork between Fire Emblem Fates and Pokemon Sun and Moon? You should check this out then.

View attachment 120047

Artist credit: ひより

This has to be one of the best Fire Emblem x Pokemon crossover arts I've seen in a while.

TBH, I don't care what gender my Popplio or Rowlet would be when I get one. I'm going to name them Azura and Takumi respectively because their evolutions really match up with the two FE characters so well.
It would be a shame to not see this happen on Switch. That be a hype reveal for me. They already had conquest and planned a crossover on wii u. They should really go back to the concept as it can work really well and be a big hit. I'd love to see it happen!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Did you just imply Thumbelina and The Pebble and the Penguin are masterpieces? :troll:

Those two films were considered as much of a failure as A Troll in Central Park. They don't deserve to be in the same league as the cool films like All Dogs Go to Heaven and The Land Before Time.
When movies are just so obscure and forgettable like those two, just don't care. The first one I've watched over my grandma's house and it bored me out of my mind. The last one, never watched it nor cared about it.

But if you want to know why I bought A Troll in Central Park up, it's one of those movies that make feel outraged that Bluth had any involvement in it. When you give us memorable classics like The Land Before Time, how can one fall so hard with a film that barely have substance and comes off as too disgustingly cute to even children?

At least Titan A.E. and Anastasia were redeemable follow ups to that disaster.

Chrono.

Gosh I hope not, I've had enough of people dissing Sinnoh for the slow battle speed, I don't need it to stay that way for the remakes.

At least the Pokemon models are already HD and just scaled down to fit the 3DS, which is partially why the 3DS games had issues running in the first place. As long as a Nintendo system isn't higher than 1080p, which the Switch almost certainly won't be, they can recycle those, at least. And they're getting practice with the kind of modeling they'll be doing with Gen 7, so hopefully they'll learn some things with that and won't have too hard of a time when they work on more detailed overworlds.
Well, the slow speed was only one thing that was disliked about DP, and not even the biggest one considering HGSS is just slow but highly regarded.

It was the overall structure of Sinnoh, as well as the terrible Regional Pokedex, among other stuff.

I should replay those games again so I can get a better feel of them. I actually liked them far more than Gen 3 back in the day.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
When movies are just so obscure and forgettable like those two, just don't care. The first one I've watched over my grandma's house and it bored me out of my mind. The last one, never watched it nor cared about it.

But if you want to know why I bought A Troll in Central Park up, it's one of those movies that make feel outraged that Bluth had any involvement in it. When you give us memorable classics like The Land Before Time, how can one fall so hard with a film that barely have substance and comes off as too disgustingly cute to even children?

Man Anastasia was a movie I've always watched during Christmas Eve as kid because it was always on FOX.

Titan A.E. was a flop and not just any flop but a dull one. Oh boy was that movie boring

But y'all made me want to watch Anastasia again

Burruni

Smash Hero

1: I actually forgot about Sylveon being cross-gen, point taken. 71 to 77, stripped down.
2: There isn't a huge point to it, just something interesting to look at. Possibly theorize how much fuller things would look with some cross-gen "padding."
Do you have a pic of just the Pre/Evos?
No, because this was just taken from 4chan. I can list them instead.
1-2: Budew, Roserade.
3: Ambipom
4: Mismagius
5: Honchkrow
6: Chingling
7: Bonsly
8: Mime Jr.
9: Happiny
10: Munchlax
11: Weavile
12: Magnezone
13: Lickilicky
14: Rhyperior
15: Tangrowth
16: Electivire
17: Magmortar
18: Togekiss
19: Yanmega
20-21: Leafeon, Glaceon
22: Gliscor
23: Mamoswine
24: Porygon-Z
25: Gallade
26: Probopass
27: Dusknoir
28: Froslass
28. 6 Prevos and 22 Evos.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Whether they have aged well is a matter of opinion, but I was always partial to:

Robin Hood (Disney)
The Sword in the Stone
The Jungle Book
The Secret of Nimh
All Dogs Go To Heaven
An American Tail

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna calm the tension by using to something different.

Mine was Small Soliders, that movie was crazy fun and you can look at it in a different light
As said by others, a lot of classic Disney movies have aged gracefully. In particular, Toy Story 1 & 2 are still among of my favorite movies of all time.

I'll give an honorable mention to the original Star Wars trilogy (Episode IV: A New Hope, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi) (which I realize is, for the most part, owned by Disney after acquiring Lucasfilm), but those movies have been altered several times and there's no official version that I would consider the definitive way to experience them.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

If there's one thing I can say, not all filmmakers and companies produce perfect films. Even those that make good movies can shell out mediocre films.

Ask George Lucas about the Star Wars prequels, or Disney about Chicken Little (easily one of my least favorite films for multiple reasons), or Nickelodeon Movies about Fun Size (For once, it's best to give The Last Airbender a break).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Whether they have aged well is a matter of opinion, but I was always partial to:

Robin Hood (Disney)
The Sword in the Stone
The Jungle Book
The Secret of Nimh
All Dogs Go To Heaven
An American Tail
Oh, The Secret of Nimh was my favorite as a kid. Can't believe I forgot to list it.

Man Anastasia was a movie I've always watched during Christmas Eve as kid because it was always on FOX.

Titan A.E. was a flop and not just any flop but a dull one. Oh boy was that movie boring

But y'all made me want to watch Anastasia again
I used to have a crush as a kid who loved that movie.

Can't bring myself to see it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom