• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Petil is usually better when evolved.
Sewaddle may have huge weaknesses to Fire and Flying but Leavanny was a solid member in my Black playthrough...
Although I think Lilligant is also both a great and underrated pokemon...
Thanks, it sounds like both are pretty good. I guess I'll go Leavanny this time around and then use Lilligant in my White 2 playthrough since she comes pretty early in that game.

God damn monster hunter has to many monsters that dig underground
At least since you're playing Generations you won't have to deal with Black Diablos.

It's never fun getting carted by that wannabe Triceratops.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently the denial of environments shaping human culture is an idea of Marxist scholars

I find it weird that Marxism is invading the academic world

In sociology, I remember at first thinking Marxism sounded like a good idea, but the further I got into the course the more flawed I saw it.

Y'know, I kind of agree with Hillary Clinton on her view of these people. “They’re children of the Great Recession, and they are living in their parents’ basement. And so if you’re feeling that you are consigned to, you know, being a barista or, you know, some other job that doesn’t pay a lot and doesn’t have much of a ladder of opportunity attached to it, then the idea that maybe, just maybe, you could be a part of a political revolution is pretty appealing,”

D

Deleted member

I was just watching a video where a woman was saying that the insinuation the environment shapes cultures is racist

What is that persons explanation on the technologically superiority of certain cultures then? That they are genetically superior?

TBH I think saying the people are lucky the environment they are in gave them certain advantages that allowed them to become technologically superior is less racist than saying the people that weren't able to make those technologies are just genetically inferior.

The person also said that Europeans are just "more barbaric" than the rest of the world...
That reminds me that I really wish there were more scientific candidates that ran for president. Some of the best presidents were really pro science, Thomas Jefferson(Too many things to list quickly), Abraham Lincoln(big support for agricultural science on farms), Theodore Roosevelt(Studied biology, ornithology, and he really helped to preserve the environment in a time period where things were really bad when it came to preserving the environment), and John F. Kennedy.(NASA and other technological leaps.)
I'm trying to play through Omega Ruby beforeSun and Moon release but **** it's so boring. I can't stand gen 3's region.
Explain. I don't see how it's that boring especially when there's other regions that are a lot more bland and repetitive.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At the end of my sociology course, we had a write a paper based on a type of media from one of the 3 major perspectives

and I choose the one based on Marxism because it was the easiest, lol

It's not the one I agreed with the most, but I got an A on the paper and that's what I needed to graduate

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Didn't Nintendo show interest in getting more into the mobile market? We don't really know that much in regards to the Switch and what it exactly is capable of. But if the Switch is more or less just a portable home console, I can see them developing a proper handheld successor for the 3DS that can probably better appeal to the mobile market...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is the Hoshino-san of memes and fast.

Dank memes and visions of fast will come to you, but only if you like and retweet with "Well meme'd, Hoshino-san".

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That reminds me that I really wish there were more scientific candidates that ran for president. Some of the best presidents were really pro science, Thomas Jefferson(Too many things to list quickly), Abraham Lincoln(big support for agricultural science on farms), Theodore Roosevelt(Studied biology, ornithology, and he really helped to preserve the environment in a time period where things were really bad when it came to preserving the environment), and John F. Kennedy.(NASA and other technological leaps.)

Explain. I don't see how it's that boring especially when there's other regions that are a lot more bland and repetitive.
It's hard to describe without saying "too much water". I'm just not fond of it. Maybe also cause I have no nostalgia to the region? I don't know..

D

Deleted member

It's hard to describe without saying "too much water". I'm just not fond of it. Maybe also cause I have no nostalgia to the region? I don't know..
I still don't understand why people say too much water, if you know your way around you can breeze through the water routes like nothing.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Why are people still expecting the Switch to replace the 3DS. It's for sure replacing the WiiU but the 3DS still seems to be active. Heck, the 3DS is getting some WiiU games ported to it. It ain't dead yet boys.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
They did but they're doing that with mobile games, not new hardware.
I suppose wether these mobile games is them just testing the waters or just leaving it at that is yet to be seen...

For now, it seems like the 3DS has at least until next year and maybe the year after before it will potentially run its course. If I'm not mistaken handheld and home console successors usually come between each other within one or two years apart so if there really is a 3DS successor in the works and this all isn't just PR talk, I suppose we'll probably be hearing more about that sometime late next year or the year after....

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I noticed, with Alolan Dugtrio, there's not a single final form Gen 1 pure ground type in Alola. Heck Cubone is the only one if you include basic stages and it evolves into a fire ghost.

Wonder if GF has some kinda agenda.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I still don't understand why people say too much water, if you know your way around you can breeze through the water routes like nothing.
Because you're still just breezing through water? It's not a complaint I have myself, though if it was the lack of variety offered by the water I could understand the criticism. "Too much water" isn't very constructive by itself.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lol what? No **** they're repetitive, its Pokémon. Every game has been basically the same. That's part of the reason why I believe Sun and Moon are destined for success, because they're actually making a *new* game.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I noticed, with Alolan Dugtrio, there's not a single final form Gen 1 pure ground type in Alola. Heck Cubone is the only one if you include basic stages and it evolves into a fire ghost.

Wonder if GF has some kinda agenda.
Cause Ground type is boring.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Lol what? No **** they're repetitive, its Pokémon. Every game has been basically the same. That's part of the reason why I believe Sun and Moon are destined for success, because they're actually making a *new* game.
But people will just complain that GF changed the formula. Then people will complain if they go back to how things where. Then people will complain about it being changed again. Then people will complain about it going back to normal again. Then...
Basically everyone's opinion is wrong.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Wanna know why I think Sun and Moon will be a success? Because it's a ****ing Pokemon game.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
But people will just complain that GF changed the formula. Then people will complain if they go back to how things where. Then people will complain about it being changed again. Then people will complain about it going back to normal again. Then...
Basically everyone's opinion is wrong.
Their will be those who will complain obviously, but the question is how many will? Its possible this could be a victory by comparison. And its too early to say which side is bigger, but I feel this "Trial" thing may go over well.
Wanna know why I think Sun and Moon will be a success? Because it's a ****ing Pokemon game.

Last edited:

Chrono.

ORAS made surfing through Hoenn better, but I feel everyone forgot how slow and boring it was in the original R/S.

All the random encounters, the trainers, the fact that there were dead ends.

It was dumb as hell.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bewear's prevo is the one that should get a plushie

They even have a place to stick the actual tags

D

Deleted member

LMAO. You took the proper context out of my post, I don't mean it that way, I'm talking about terrain. People forget this, but whenever hoenn was on land it wasn't 90% flat like a region such as kanto or kalos. I really liked the volcanic and rocky areas, and even the water. The only thing it needed was more jungle terrain, to be honest. I just get tired of seeing bland trees and grass. I'd take Hoen's water over that, at least the paths were interesting to me.

Because you're still just breezing through water? It's not a complaint I have myself, though if it was the lack of variety offered by the water I could understand the criticism. "Too much water" isn't very constructive by itself.
When I mean breeze, I mean go through fast, all I had to do is get repellent and I'm ready to go, I don't even mind trainers as I often have to grind anyway. It's a lot less tedious than the caves on the gameboy pokemon games, that's for sure. Even then I usually use fly most of the time in pokemon games anyway. Or in ORAS Latios.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Mimikyu being more yellow in that plush bothers me....

And can someone link me to Mimikyu's shiny? I just want a single image rather then the whole dex shiny forms.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I just extra confirmed the one game I guessed on, I saw an update note I forgot about for Terraria that has them making a cryptic comment about the NX.

So yeah, 505 games on the developer list for the Switch is almost definitely Terraria.

Trying to figure out in my head whether or not the context further implies the NX is also somewhat on par with current-gen systems. . .

This update is intended to draw a line under Terraria on Wii U as it did with the other platforms - so we are afraid that no further updates for Wii U will be possible due to technical limitations. Bear in mind that you now have the same great content in two hits. There were more updates on the other platforms simply because they were released earlier. The content is the same. The logic for being unable to further update Wii U is, regrettably, the same as the ‘old gen’ machines – though the Wii U does admittedly have more resources than the 360/PS3, it is still a fraction as capable as PS4 and Xbox One, and we need all their available horsepower to take Terraria where we want to go next. This version will still be able to play online, so you can continue to enjoy it as long as you’re gaming on the Wii U platform. By the time the next update rolls out on PS4/Xbox One we’ll be very close to the launch of NX… But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, today is interesting.

As of today, I have become a Moderator of the Nintenzone. That said, I visit the thread often and can see simply spam and such pretty quickly. However, I also cannot do this over a phone and tend to work from mornings to the afternoon. (It's about 5 PM for me right now)

Anyway, glad to be of service to you all and I'll try my best to keep this section high-quality/within the rules.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, today is interesting.

As of today, I have become a Moderator of the Nintenzone. That said, I visit the thread often and can see simply spam and such pretty quickly. However, I also cannot do this over a phone and tend to work from mornings to the afternoon. (It's about 5 PM for me right now)

Anyway, glad to be of service to you all and I'll try my best to keep this section high-quality/within the rules.
Cool ****. Good luck on the new position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom