• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, today is interesting.

As of today, I have become a Moderator of the Nintenzone. That said, I visit the thread often and can see simply spam and such pretty quickly. However, I also cannot do this over a phone and tend to work from mornings to the afternoon. (It's about 5 PM for me right now)

Anyway, glad to be of service to you all and I'll try my best to keep this section high-quality/within the rules.
Congratulations!

Been hoping for that position for some time but at least someone got it.

Just don't tlet the power go to your head :p
:061:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Congratulations!

Just don't let the power go to your head :p
Thank you. That won't be an issue. I've had a lot of moderating experience before. I prefer to be impartial, but I know troublesome stuff when I see it. Let's just say things haven't been easy where I've moderated. This so far has been my easiest moderating job thusfar. I don't expect it to stay like that. XD

Cool ****. Good luck on the new position.
Thank you. :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG

Dugtrio HAS NOTHING UNDER IT

THe ground IS it's underside

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Alolan Dugtrio were Ground/Fairy, it could check Zekrom.
Me and a friend did some checking. It'd have 4 weaknesses and Resistances but two Immunities. That plus STAB bonus on two of the most useful attacking types and we may have a new meta monster. Depends on how it's stats change (if at all)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Congrats, Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth ! With Push and Frost busy with SG stuff, it's good to have a mod who's more available. :p

Also I'm REALLY considering adding Mimikyu to my Moon team. I just need to know whether or not
the anchor is a Ghost type
before I finalize it.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Have a halloween Pac-Couple (from a vidya drawthread)

Anyway, I was wondering, for those who are planning to get a Switch, where in your opinion are you most likely to be found playing the console the most?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I got Jasmine's badge. Wasn't too difficult. Quilava's Flame Wheel got Blaze to kill Steelix and the last Magnemite. Not much else to say.
Pokémon|Level
:156:-31
:180:-30
:164:-30
:074:-15 (HMon)
:072:-10 (HMon)

Gonna pause my adventure for now to go do runs in the Safari and train up.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Have a halloween Pac-Couple (from a vidya drawthread)

Anyway, I was wondering, for those who are planning to get a Switch, where in your opinion are you most likely to be found playing the console the most?
Probably just in the same little corner of home that I play my 3DS and Wii U alike in and played my DS in before that. For handhelds and the Gamepad alike I usually keep things perpetually plugged in during long play sessions and mostly unplug them when listening to a sound test for short bursts, and that seems more important than ever now.

Other than that hopefully I'll find some decent excuses to lug it other places. Judging by a few comments and a video I've stumbled across some people seem to be planning on soiling their systems by taking them to places not meant to be known, but I was never the type for that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So Im playing monster Hunter and desided to take off my headphones and all I heard was " Trump trump trump"

I promptly put my headphones back on and turned up my volume
As in the Presidential candidate or the opening of this song?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I want that Mimikyu plush :3

Also Codename: Shiny wears blue...
A magic user and has powerful projectile attacks...

Magolor? I dunno...

Actually is Bandana Dee a magic user? I haven't played any modern Kirby so I wouldn't know...though from what I heard not likely, at least he's known for it...

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
LMAO. You took the proper context out of my post, I don't mean it that way, I'm talking about terrain. People forget this, but whenever hoenn was on land it wasn't 90% flat like a region such as kanto or kalos. I really liked the volcanic and rocky areas, and even the water. The only thing it needed was more jungle terrain, to be honest. I just get tired of seeing bland trees and grass. I'd take Hoen's water over that, at least the paths were interesting to me.

When I mean breeze, I mean go through fast, all I had to do is get repellent and I'm ready to go, I don't even mind trainers as I often have to grind anyway. It's a lot less tedious than the caves on the gameboy pokemon games, that's for sure. Even then I usually use fly most of the time in pokemon games anyway. Or in ORAS Latios.
Pfff, who uses repels for the water routes?
Though from what others have said, they encountered heaps of Pokemon surfing along them. Meanwhile I could surf along encountering barely any. I would have to acitvely move back and forth to run into "heaps" of Pokemon. Other gens, not so much.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm stuck on where my Pokemon game should take place. I'm stuck between India, Egypt, Australia and Canada.

Does Egypt or India have like tropical areas? Sorry if I sound like an idiot.

I guess I'll mention @Dr. FalКoopa since he is Indian.

D

Deleted member

Pfff, who uses repels for the water routes?
Though from what others have said, they encountered heaps of Pokemon surfing along them. Meanwhile I could surf along encountering barely any. I would have to acitvely move back and forth to run into "heaps" of Pokemon. Other gens, not so much.
Same, whenever the distance was short I wouldn't even bother with a repel since the encounter rate was so low for some reason.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Same, whenever the distance was short I wouldn't even bother with a repel since the encounter rate was so low for some reason.
I always thought, since there was so much water, Game Freak lowered the encounter rate to be forgiving. That and made surfing faster.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm stuck on where my Pokemon game should take place. I'm stuck between India, Egypt, Australia and Canada.

Does Egypt or India have like tropical areas? Sorry if I sound like an idiot.

I guess I'll mention @Dr. FalКoopa since he is Indian.
India does indeed have rainforests...Egypt has mostly deserts so I'm not sure it'd make for an interesting region on its own...

It would be between Australia and Canada...

Canada could be interesting having foresty mountains to the far west with a desert/prairies that separates it from other forested areas with lots of fresh water lakes and a series of islands and such to the east being the maritimes...and with a fairly large tundra/snow area to the north with icy islands scattered around the northeast...

Australia would be interesting also but much of the mainland is comprised of deserts making the whole eadtcoust where all the interest lies...rainforests to the North and long beaches along the coastline with references to the great barrier reef...there's also a mountain range that runs along the east coust, which could give you an area for the ice region...
Could also include some islands to the south representing Tasmania and even New Zealand being possibly a smaller post game region...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here ya go:
Oh that's not what I epexcted. It makes enough sense though, but there's better. I wanted to see is the pikachu coloring theory would be it.
What episode is that from?
I think it's a battle frontier episode if I am recalling correctly.

And I used an incense while at home for go.

First encounter was a marowack! Not to strong, but I didn't have one so that's nice. I caught a gastly, horsea, beedrill, and two meowth's a well. I already had persian, so they made good candy givers to power it up.

I'll be out tomorrow so I hope I run into gengar or haunter, or even gastly. Been nice to get their candy or the full set of evolutions.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
India does indeed have rainforests...Egypt has mostly deserts so I'm not sure it'd make for an interesting region on its own...

It would be between Australia and Canada...

Canada could be interesting having foresty mountains to the far west with a desert/prairies that separates it from other forested areas with lots of fresh water lakes and a series of islands and such to the east being the maritimes...and with a fairly large tundra/snow area to the north with icy islands scattered around the northeast...

Australia would be interesting also but much of the mainland is comprised of deserts making the whole eadtcoust where all the interest lies...rainforests to the North and long beaches along the coastline with references to the great barrier reef...there's also a mountain range that runs along the east coust, which could give you an area for the ice region...
Could also include some islands to the south representing Tasmania and even New Zealand being possibly a smaller post game region...
Thanks for the thorough post. I guess Egypt is out of question.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember that RL geography isn't indicative of whether a Pokemon regions will work. Remember the deserts of Manhattan Island and the scenic mountains of the Bronx?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Probably best Australia wasn't picked. The amount of genetic diversity in the northern areas of Australia my biology lecturer loves to discuss would mean each Pokemon would have hundreds of form variants.
Then again, if RL geography doesn't mean much, RL genetic diversity probably wouldn't either.

EDIT: I see a lot of gambling ads but I just got one for betting on LoL. Wonder how mainstream betting on esports will become.

Last edited:
Tried playing TF2 for the first time since before that 1 patch that changed mathcmaking and stuff

Game is lagging like crazy like it never has before to the point of being unplayable :/

This stinks because TF2 is one of my favorite games ever. I guess my only hope is one of those mods that brings graphics quality so low there is barely anything to load. :(

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Tried playing TF2 for the first time since before that 1 patch that changed mathcmaking and stuff

Game is lagging like crazy like it never has before to the point of being unplayable :/

This stinks because TF2 is one of my favorite games ever. I guess my only hope is one of those mods that brings graphics quality so low there is barely anything to load. :(

Forget TF2 play Overwatch.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If we're getting technical, Overwatch is technically a Team Fortress MOBA hybrid what with the powers and ultimate but instead of a stupid first person lanes mode it has classic TF-esque modes.

Team Fortress has fewer classes but has more customisation within the classes and each class had at least 3 weapons by default wherea an OW character is unusual to have two.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Day 26: Grim Grinning Ghosts

This frightening theme is full of ghoulish delight... "scary" to "morbid kookiness".

Tomorrow...
Swinging through the night, beset by a curse...
This brave warrior hunts he of the night!
As though the black hand of death stalks his sight...

A specter looms to knock him back.. what a fright!

Opossum Opossum recognized his own house's theme!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom