• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Forget TF2 play Overwatch.
Or he can play them both because they're night and day.

I'm sorry, but the sheer amount of "Just play Overwatch" is infuriating to someone who likes both.

Chrono.

This Sun/Moon preview tells some interesting things.

https://www.sweetyhigh.com/read/pokemon-sun-moon-gameplay-secrets-101916

Because there's story spoilery stuff I'll just put here the non story spoiler stuff so you don't gotta click
  • Machamp is a ride Pokemon that replaces Strength, they carry you bridal style with two arms while moving big boulders with the other two
  • Charizard works like Fly did, so no Soaring (this was confirmed a while back but it's nice to have reaffirmation)
  • The game is allegedly way more cinematic than past titles were (this was evident from the trailers, but it seems the game is right off the bat like that)
  • Pokemon are also more realistically proportioned, or at least in the overworld they are

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Does this mean that TF2 is full of husbandohavers? Count me in. :p
Joke as you will but the yaoi scene in TF2's heyday was massive.

"Get behind me, Doctor!

Ivander

Smash Legend

Because there's story spoilery stuff I'll just put here the non story spoiler stuff so you don't gotta click
  • Machamp is a ride Pokemon that replaces Strength, they carry you bridal style with two arms while moving big boulders with the other two
  • Charizard works like Fly did, so no Soaring (this was confirmed a while back but it's nice to have reaffirmation)
Geez, the Pokemon Team has been having alot of fun with Machamp lately. Not just with Pokken, but that whole deal with the Machamp Cafe or whatever it was and with the girl in the Sun&Moon Demo who was waiting for one. Can somebody explain to me how Machamp did not get a Mega Evolution last Gen?
Also, sheer irony on how the Pokemon who could not learn Fly in the first games is the Riding Pokemon for Fly.

Edit: The first part becomes even more funny when you remember that there are female Machamp. Geez, I honestly really want to know how much fun the Pokemon Team has been having.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So in Alola, do they just have it out for Machamp? I mean I can't blame them but really. There's so many in the Demo. That girl's rocking with one, and now they're rides that carry you like how you carry bae?

I just... I dunno. I just feel maybe we're going a little overboard on this. Especially considering Gardevoir had nothing like this.

I just learned that the Haunted Mansion becomes transformed to be based ore on Nightmare Before Christmas for the holidays.

I did not know this. I am very jealous of anyone who has been a part if it.

I also learned that apparently the haunted mansion in California has a skeleton hanging by the neck.

:061:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So in Alola, do they just have it out for Machamp? I mean I can't blame them but really. There's so many in the Demo. That girl's rocking with one, and now they're rides that carry you like how you carry bae?

I just... I dunno. I just feel maybe we're going a little overboard on this. Especially considering Gardevoir had nothing like this.
Machamp and Machoke were quite often used as movers too. Or just general strongmen(and strongwomen). I'm not so sure this is that bad of a thing. I just hope more of the HM Pokemon are as funny as Machamp is.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Machamp and Machoke were quite often used as movers too. Or just general strongmen(and strongwomen). I'm not so sure this is that bad of a thing. I just hope more of the HM Pokemon are as funny as Machamp is.
Well we know about Charizard, Machamp, Lapras, Sharpedo, Stoutland, Mudsdale, Tauros.

Wonder what else will be a ride pokemon.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

• The game is allegedly way more cinematic than past titles were (this was evident from the trailers, but it seems the game is right off the bat like that)
  • Pokemon are also more realistically proportioned, or at least in the overworld they are
That strength replacement sounds amazing.
They love Machamp and yet there's no Alolan Machamp.
He's above everyone else so he doesn't need to be special.

D

Deleted member

Day 26: Grim Grinning Ghosts

This frightening theme is full of ghoulish delight... "scary" to "morbid kookiness".

Tomorrow...
Swinging through the night, beset by a curse...
This brave warrior hunts he of the night!
As though the black hand of death stalks his sight...

A specter looms to knock him back.. what a fright!

Opossum Opossum recognized his own house's theme!
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.

Finally some Castlevania music, specifically Monster Dance from Castlevania II: Simon's Quest.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My problem isn't Machamp doing things. Its mostly judt this carrying thing. I want to know the excuse for Machamp having to carry you. Is there rocks or some **** only Machamp can cross? Or is your character just literally that lazy and can't just tag behind?
Well we know about Charizard, Machamp, Lapras, Sharpedo, Stoutland, Mudsdale, Tauros.

Gengar PokeRide.

Takes your soul out of your body and carries your real body so you can cross walls and obstacles other PokeRides can't.

Guess what I'm referencing. :094:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My problem isn't Machamp doing things. Its mostly judt this carrying thing. I want to know the excuse for Machamp having to carry you. Is there rocks or some **** only Machamp can cross? Or is your character just literally that lazy and can't just tag behind?

Gengar PokeRide.

Takes your soul out of your body and carries your real body so you can cross walls and obstacles other PokeRides can't.

Honestly, no clue. I do remember the ability to temporarily be out of your body from Jackie Chan Adventures, but that's about it.

And Machamp is super strong. It's just showing that off while it moves things. Note that it has four arms. Soooooo... makes it easier.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Gengar PokeRide.

It's probably so you and Machamp only occupy the one spot. Otherwise Machamp would have to follow you and then jump in front of you to use strength. While it works fine for sprite based games (think using HMs with your walking Pokemon in HGSS), it doesn't always work that well for 3D games.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Honestly, no clue. I do remember the ability to temporarily be out of your body from Jackie Chan Adventures, but that's about it.
Its from an episode in the original Pokémon anime.
And Machamp is super strong. It's just showing that off while it moves things. Note that it has four arms. Soooooo... makes it easier.
So basically you think its just showing off?

...hoo boy we got a meme on our hands. Can't wait to see fan art of this...
It's probably so you and Machamp only occupy the one spot. Otherwise Machamp would have to follow you and then jump in front of you to use strength. While it works fine for sprite based games (think using HMs with your walking Pokemon in HGSS), it doesn't always work that well for 3D games.
This is the only conclusion I can come up with too.

Eh. Its gonna be a ride.

...I hope you can ride him anywhere. :4villager:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, on Pokerides we have:
Sharpedo-Surf
Lapras-Fishing
Charizard-Fly
Tauros-Rock Smash+Bike
Stoutland-Dowsing Machine
Machamp-Strenght

Pretty sure Dive and Waterfall replacements aren't going to exist and if they did, it'd just be Sharpedo
We don't have the Cut equivalent though, so either there's none or we haven't seen it yet
Please, let Scyther be a Pokeride, I wanna ride it

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So, on Pokerides we have:
Sharpedo-Surf
Lapras-Fishing
Charizard-Fly
Tauros-Rock Smash+Bike
Stoutland-Dowsing Machine
Machamp-Strenght

Pretty sure Dive and Waterfall replacements aren't going to exist and if they did, it'd just be Sharpedo
We don't have the Cut equivalent though, so either there's none or we haven't seen it yet
Please, let Scyther be a Pokeride, I wanna ride it
Sharpedo was busting rocks in a video. Also you forgot about Mudsdale.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know, it could be both reasons. Remember, Machamp is a wrestler. Entertainment is totally a reasonable way to do it.

D

Deleted member

I just learned that the Haunted Mansion becomes transformed to be based ore on Nightmare Before Christmas for the holidays.

I did not know this. I am very jealous of anyone who has been a part if it.

I also learned that apparently the haunted mansion in California has a skeleton hanging by the neck.

:061:
Yep, I can confirm that, been there many times ever since I was a child. Which reminds me that one time when I was really little they were just closing the ride and I got separated from my family(Which included cousins and such, so a pretty big group.) And I went on the whole thing all by myself with no one at all in the seats around me. :p This was also my first time going.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Gengar PokeRide.

Let's be honest, that would be awesome.

Hundreds and hundreds of Pokemon and only a couple we will ride.

Where's Arcanine? Where's Rapidash? Where's Golurk? Also, I only see riding Pokemon for Gen 1, 3, 5 and 7. Where's our Gen 2, 4 and 6 Riding Pokemon? No evenness for Riding Pokemon? How odd can this be?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Gengar PokeRide.

Gengar could be a teleport pokeride.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Hi guys. I'm home a lot later because I went to the libraryto get homework done.
I also did a little bit of Smash.
I ebat one of my friends, and smash rivals, in one game when it was the two of us at the end. She was using Diddy.
My Pro Controller's grab button was broken, so I didn't grab once during the whole period (which is a shame because we were doing ranoms and I got Diddy, Palutena, and Bowser.....and couldn't grab for some Hoo-Hah, Sacred Goddess Combos, and Koopa Krushers)
Anyway, here I am, fighting her Diddy Kong in a 1v1 without the ability to grab, and I won.
Who did I use? The Random button went in my favor and gave me :4dedede:.
I beat an excellent Diddy with Dedede without the grab button.
Praise Palutena for how Dededesgustingly broken fsmash at the ledge is.
Question time: What is the most outright evil/cruel mook you've seen in media? Everyone remembers big bads, but just a regular mook who gets beaten shortly after appearing?
DAN OF STEEL
For sure. You know he earned that pummeling.
You can't pay back what you owe with money. Here's your receipt
(he's also one of my lowkey favorite Stand users of Part 3)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Currently watching an hour long video about disturbing video game bosses by Tats TopVideos.

Can't wait for a spoopy night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom