• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

bringing this back because of the switch reveal and because her credibility has shot up.

:061:
Hasn't this been knwon for awhile now? Pretty sure they or Nintendo said it wasn't DK or Metroid.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

bringing this back because of the switch reveal and because her credibility has shot up.

:061:
She's reported on two new IPs now, one from Retro and one out of Japan.

With the success of Splatoon this doesn't exceed reason, but y'know, grain of salt and all that.

Also, hope someone still has a (proper) Metroid in development.

Also also, I still bet Monster is working on DKR2.

I still don't trust Emily Rogers enough.
Fair. Obv nothing she says should be taken as gospel.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's way too early for a new game entirely, especially with how successful Smash 4 has been despite its "main" version being on a console with a low install base. I'm thinking this'll be "Smash 4.5", an enhanced port of the Wii U version with new content, some returning, some fresh.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I don't believe 6-8 characters would be out of the question. Mostly newcomers.
I feel you. More so if this is a port bring released in the Holiday season instead of launch which would give it a lot more development time. No need to have a Smash game at launch when you have Mario Kart, Zelda, and Splatoon to move the system at launch.

Nonetheless, I feel as if i'm being a bit too optimistic as well.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It'll be fun to see everyone have sigs full of their hopefuls again though. I always love seeing the joy and passion the users of this board put into representing their favs through their signatures.

Soul.

I don't care about Smash character speculation

I honestly just want the online to be good. Also, 3DS stages as well I guess. And GCN controller compatibility on the dock so that the competitive scene moves to Switch instead of sticking to failed hardware (Wii U).

Maybe put in Smash Run or something given how Switch units can play locally like DS/3DS Wireless Play.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Tbh? Aside from one or two characters.....I just want most of the stages to return (except for a few).
I really want Pilotwings and the Halberd to come back.....and if possible for Halberd to have a new gimmick that's a little more interactive than a cannonball, a claw, and a laser.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Character speculation for a hypothetical early-on Smash 4 Switch enhanced port? Okay.

Really I don't expect anyone with a concrete (i.e., not Mii costumes as those are far from concrete) role to get promoted, so no Chrom, Takamaru, Starfy, or Isabelle. And I don't think we'd get too many more for the enhanced port...three to five characters tops I think.

My predictions:
Ice Climbers
Chorus Kids
Inkling
Robinhoot
-wildcard-

Wildcard could be someone popular from the ballot like Wolf or K. Rool or Shovel Knight, or it could be someone more out there. As for me, I'd hope against all hope for Henry Fleming despite the odds.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
For days/weeks i've been trying to wrap my head on what people meant by Robinhoot until now. Silly SMX.

As for my character predictions and wants...

Inkling (Prediction)
Robinhoot (Prediction)
Ice Climbers (Prediction & Semi-Want)
Wolf (Prediction & Want)
K. Rool (Prediction & Want)
Andy (Want)
Isaac (Want)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Part of me wants a Fatal Frame character, but then I realize that the series is too niche and Tecmo is a big problem having most of the ownership compared to Ninty.

R.I.P. Camera Obscura with Ghost Fighting action.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Another Badge closer to my goal. Pryce was really difficult to beat in the original games, but because Focus Blast exists, Ampharos can potentially sweep his entire team. And Ampharos did.
Pokémon|Level
:157:-36
:181:-33
:164:-30
:134:-26
:074:-15 (HMon)
:072:-10 (HMon)
---
On topic, I have no speculation to share for a hypothetical port that I don't play the original of anymore other then that if it happens, I'm sure Mario's in it.

Now watch as he's cut. ;p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tbh? Aside from one or two characters.....I just want most of the stages to return (except for a few).
I really want Pilotwings and the Halberd to come back.....and if possible for Halberd to have a new gimmick that's a little more interactive than a cannonball, a claw, and a laser.
Just add Heavy Lobster, since we all know how well received stage bosses were. :p

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Gee, it sure is boring around here, and I'm watching a documentary that's making me sick.
Let's argue about something!

Everyone should be able to deny the transfer of property or entrance into contract to anyone on any arbitrary basis they please, except when they have bound themselves by fully voluntary, fully informed, and explicit contract.
For example, say two Nazis were getting married and they asked a Jewish baker to make the cake. The baker ought not be interfered with by government in the slightest when he chooses not to take their money or enter into the contract.
This principle is to be applied consistently and thoroughly to all people, regardless of their backgrounds or reasons. Such as where jobs are concerned the employer ought not be interfered with by the use of force or the threat thereof.
Say, if a Jew owned a barber shop, and a Nazi barber wanted to work there, the former ought be allowed to deny his application. Likewise, with the racist shop owner and a black barber, with the ideologue and his political opponents, and so on.
It's not about whether they have good or bad reasons, it's about their supreme and arbitrary property right to associate and disassociate with whomever they please (ownership of the self), and dispose or not dispose of what is theirs (ownership of our other possessions), on whatever basis. There is no conceivable problem that could arise from this principle of peaceful social interaction that could not be solved by the natural course of civil society, government need not be introduced into the question.
Come at me. (ง °ل͜°)ง

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If there's one character that deserves to be in Smash it is none other than the one and only shoo-in.

Vote for Brash the Bear.

D

Deleted member

@Speedwagon
Your avi and your username are very contrasting. :p
I would change my name if i could, but the day i'll spend money to get premium will be the same the day the Chile wins the FIFA world cup (or Ash winning a Pokémon League that's not the Orange league, whatever happens first) .

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
one day Nintendo announces a reveal the day before...another day they announce another reveal two months in advance............

nintendo plz...

Either way, marking a big red X on my calender!!! Finally we have an announcement given with some decent time in advance (of course I'd rather it not be months but hey)!! This is most likely going to have some information on the specs and whatnot and hopefully will include some game reveals and announcements!!! Hopefully it'll be a decent line-up but looking at that third party lineup it's looking like it will have some decent variety...

----

Alpha Sapphire update!
Probably my favourite Gym Leader theme...
Popeye
Foghorn
Atlas
Sahara
Gobi

My team is coming along...still considering whether I'm going to be keeping Foghorn or not, I don't particularly like having almost a full team this early with just 4 badges but we'll see as well go...I'll hold off on evolving Atlas until around level 38 or so give him some levels to play around as a Machoke at least...
Looking forward to using Flygon again, pretty much always went with Salamence on Hoenn runs, but I'm going for more under used pokemon, that and I just used Salamence in my Y playthrough so using the next best Hoenn dragon...next best 'non-legendary' Hoenn dragon...
I just want to mention Cacnea has some really awesome animations in sixth gen...kinda neat (and creepy) how it's mouth sort of stretches as well in some of it's animations...

Either way, beat Flannery and forgot how fun she is as a character in this game, she tries so hard :p
And Seriously **** Archie's Swaggering Sharpedo...damn thing nearly took out my whole team because of the damn RNG and Sharpedo hits hard as well...so it only takes one or two hits with Swagger...

Gonna be making my way to Norman and his Slaking...but also going to poke around some areas I haven't been to yet to build some levels on my two freshly caught team members...

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm in College studying to become a Financial Analyst. Do I get invited to the event?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm in College studying to become a Financial Analyst. Do I get invited to the event?
I'm in Vancouver studying to be a millennial hipster and I didn't get invited to the commercial. So no.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm in Vancouver studying to be a millennial hipster and I didn't get invited to the commercial. So no.
Maybe you're unqualified for the job then? :upsidedown:
I just called Nintendo to ask.

They said they'll mail you a bag of M&M's.
That's actually not a bad consolation prize TBH. Considering that the M&M's sold at my College are overpriced AF.

Though i'm hoping one day they'll actually invite me to their event. Maybe if I bribed them...

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
one day Nintendo announces a reveal the day before...another day they announce another reveal two months in advance............

nintendo plz...

Either way, marking a big red X on my calender!!! Finally we have an announcement given with some decent time in advance (of course I'd rather it not be months but hey)!! This is most likely going to have some information on the specs and whatnot and hopefully will include some game reveals and announcements!!! Hopefully it'll be a decent line-up but looking at that third party lineup it's looking like it will have some decent variety...

----

Alpha Sapphire update!
Probably my favourite Gym Leader theme...
Popeye
Foghorn
Atlas
Sahara
Gobi

My team is coming along...still considering whether I'm going to be keeping Foghorn or not, I don't particularly like having almost a full team this early with just 4 badges but we'll see as well go...I'll hold off on evolving Atlas until around level 38 or so give him some levels to play around as a Machoke at least...
Looking forward to using Flygon again, pretty much always went with Salamence on Hoenn runs, but I'm going for more under used pokemon, that and I just used Salamence in my Y playthrough so using the next best Hoenn dragon...next best 'non-legendary' Hoenn dragon...
I just want to mention Cacnea has some really awesome animations in sixth gen...kinda neat (and creepy) how it's mouth sort of stretches as well in some of it's animations...

Either way, beat Flannery and forgot how fun she is as a character in this game, she tries so hard :p
And Seriously **** Archie's Swaggering Sharpedo...damn thing nearly took out my whole team because of the damn RNG and Sharpedo hits hard as well...so it only takes one or two hits with Swagger...

Gonna be making my way to Norman and his Slaking...but also going to poke around some areas I haven't been to yet to build some levels on my two freshly caught team members...
Wait......who'd you beat his sharpedo with? You've got a machoke in that lineup.....

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wait......who'd you beat his sharpedo with? You've got a machoke in that lineup.....
My Marshtomp managed to take him down...

My Machoke with his Power-up Punch boost (after KOing Archie's Mightyena) and Swagger'd confusion just knocked himself out...that and Sharpedo hits pretty hard as well...

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Character speculation for a hypothetical early-on Smash 4 Switch enhanced port? Okay.

Really I don't expect anyone with a concrete (i.e., not Mii costumes as those are far from concrete) role to get promoted, so no Chrom, Takamaru, Starfy, or Isabelle. And I don't think we'd get too many more for the enhanced port...three to five characters tops I think.

My predictions:
Ice Climbers
Chorus Kids
Inkling
Robinhoot
-wildcard-

Wildcard could be someone popular from the ballot like Wolf or K. Rool or Shovel Knight, or it could be someone more out there. As for me, I'd hope against all hope for Henry Fleming despite the odds.
For days/weeks i've been trying to wrap my head on what people meant by Robinhoot until now. Silly SMX.

As for my character predictions and wants...

Inkling (Prediction)
Robinhoot (Prediction)
Ice Climbers (Prediction & Semi-Want)
Wolf (Prediction & Want)
K. Rool (Prediction & Want)
Andy (Want)
Isaac (Want)
As for what I'm thinking...actually, let me put this into tiers.

A Tier

Inkling
Ice Climbers
Robinhoot (or whatever its actual name ends up being)

B+ Tier
Wolf
Paper Mario
A Third Party Character

B- Tier
Elma
Rhythm Heaven Character
Lycanroc (either form)
Another Smash Ballot Character

C Tier
Bandana Dee
2nd Third Party Character

These don't reflect any actual percentage chance I think they'd have, just how they relate to each other. No clue what third party characters would get the nod, though I think Shovel Knight is a bit overrated and that Monster Hunter and Geno should get a closer look than they have been so far. I left K. Rool off because he needs the Smash Ballot as-is, but if a new DK game gets announced that he appears in, I think he'd immediately move up to B+...if not A.

As far as wants go, a lot of the characters I was pulling for before have relevance issues now (rip Delphox) or had them all along and I'd overlooked how important that was. I still wouldn't mind seeing Isaac or Krystal get in, but I'm not getting my hopes up...at least not for the latter until Smash 5, when (hopefully) her series has righted the ship again.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If there's one character that deserves to be in Smash it is none other than the one and only shoo-in.

Vote for Brash the Bear.
Yay, we can look forward to seeing this guy in Smash. How wonderful. /s

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As for what I'm thinking...actually, let me put this into tiers.

A Tier

Inkling
Ice Climbers
Robinhoot (or whatever its actual name ends up being)

B+ Tier
Wolf
Paper Mario
A Third Party Character

B- Tier
Elma
Rhythm Heaven Character
Lycanroc (either form)
Another Smash Ballot Character

C Tier
Bandana Dee
2nd Third Party Character

These don't reflect any actual percentage chance I think they'd have, just how they relate to each other. No clue what third party characters would get the nod, though I think Shovel Knight is a bit overrated and that Monster Hunter and Geno should get a closer look than they have been so far. I left K. Rool off because he needs the Smash Ballot as-is, but if a new DK game gets announced that he appears in, I think he'd immediately move up to B+...if not A.

As far as wants go, a lot of the characters I was pulling for before have relevance issues now (rip Delphox) or had them all along and I'd overlooked how important that was. I still wouldn't mind seeing Isaac or Krystal get in, but I'm not getting my hopes up...at least not for the latter until Smash 5, when (hopefully) her series has righted the ship again.
Your A Tier is basically my "If we only get three, it's these guys" prediction, so I feel this is pretty spot on. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People betting on a Gen VII Pokemon are going to be disappointed.

People betting on Robinhoot are going to be REALLY disappointed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People betting on a Gen VII Pokemon are going to be disappointed.

People betting on Robinhoot are going to be REALLY disappointed.
I don't see how.

If it's an enhanced port it'll likely come out within the first year of the Switch. So a lack of relevance isn't an issue.

And then there's the fact that Sun and Moon are, in part, the culmination of Pokémon's 20th anniversary. That's massive, and I can easily see Sakurai wanting someone from it in the game. Add in the fact that a pure archer character (that is, using their bow and arrows for more than their neutral special) hasn't been seen in Smash yet, and I really think it's a solid bet.

It's at the very least a lot more plausible than Sceptile's "complete the starter type trio" bandwagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom