• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was scheduled at work for 6 hours today with no lunch

Which isn't actually possible because working 5 hours without a lunch is a fire-able offense, for me

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
By the Nine, Chuck pissed me off. Killed me twice because of DT/Hypnosis hax. But I managed to beat him. But man, what a ****. No skill in that gym whatsoever. Just DT Spam. *grumble* Flaffy managed to paralyze Poliwrath and Quilava spammed Headbutt to Parahax it dead. Most annoying gym ever.
Pokémon|Level
:156:-27
:180:-30
:164:-29
:074:-3 (HMon)
:072:-10 (HMon)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Donating my blood to the vampire horde now.

And by golly, getting a t shirt.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Does anyone know how to trigger the Alolan Dugtrio event in the demo?

I never got it to happen for me.
It's random. Dexio and sinna randomly show up to in the Pokemon Center. Haven't seen them yet though.

MainJPW

M.T.A
They brought this back from Generations.
Just the fact that those guys haven't been caught between this game and Generations makes you wonder what grand heist they might've pulled, that would make a fun game on its own.

------------------------

Also, Taxman confirmed that Mirage Saloon was indeed crafted after Desert Dazzle, a stage originally set to appear in the 2011 Remastered Sonic CD :

image.png

Even the bull skull at the bottom left corner got a touch-up.
Bull Skull MS DD.png

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just as I expected. There was no way something that could not fit in a pocket or have a short battery life could EVER be a 3DS replacement.

Last edited:

Soul.

So the Pokémon GO effect increased 3DS hardware units by 19%; software remains steady at 19.23m. 3DS hardware is at 61.57m, so it should beat NES LTD (61.91m) during Q3 with Pokémon Sun and Moon.

Nintendo's digital business down while literally everyone else is up. They have to do something on that front.

The Pokémon Company records in 360 million in profit (from Q2 Earnings). Also, yes, Nintendo have a briefing later today.
Nintendo Co., Ltd. (the "Company") recorded a total of 12.0 billion yen of share of profit of entities accounted for using equity method on the consolidated statements of income of the six-month period ended September 30, 2016. This is mainly from The Pokémon Company, which is the Company’s affiliated company.

Just as I expected. There was no way something that could not fit in a pocket or have a short battery life could EVER be a 3DS replacement.
Or maybe they are just repeating the same PR speak.

Repeating something doesn't exactly make it true :p
:061:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

That's actually really bad.

They're gonna set the Switch up for failure with that move.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

We'll see. I cannot fathom why in the hell they would support the system if the Switch takes off like they plan it to. I have a feeling they're reiterating that statement as a fall back in case the Switch doesn't do well.

It'll also be incredibly disappointing if they do this because one of the biggest draws of the Switch is having all the Nintendo games that are going to be made on one system instead of having to buy two. If the Switch does well then the 3DS will be out of the picture by 2018. If not, well, then I guess you can look forward to having to buy games for two separate systems for the foreseeable future.

Also, you're making the assumption that the battery life will be terrible and it very well might be but there is no confirmed reports of anything spec-wise for the Switch. And, let's face it, the DS family hasn't been 'pocket friendly' in a long time. The original DS, DS lite XL, 2DS, 3DSXL, New 3DSXL, and, to an extent, New 3DS are very hulking.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was just watching a video where a woman was saying that the insinuation the environment shapes cultures is racist

What is that persons explanation on the technologically superiority of certain cultures then? That they are genetically superior?

TBH I think saying the people are lucky the environment they are in gave them certain advantages that allowed them to become technologically superior is less racist than saying the people that weren't able to make those technologies are just genetically inferior.

The person also said that Europeans are just "more barbaric" than the rest of the world...

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
We say thank you.
I may be a pretty opinionated dastard, but I know how important doing my part is.

I was just watching a video where a woman was saying that the insinuation the environment shapes cultures is racist

What is that persons explanation on the technologically superiority of certain cultures then? That they are genetically superior?

TBH I think saying the people are lucky the environment they are in gave them certain advantages that allowed them to become technologically superior is less racist than saying the people that weren't able to make those technologies are just genetically inferior.

The person also said that Europeans are just "more barbaric" than the rest of the world...
Wouldn't that be...

Enviromentalist? :troll:

We'll see. I cannot fathom why in the hell they would support the system if the Switch takes off like they plan it to. I have a feeling they're reiterating that statement as a fall back in case the Switch doesn't do well.

It'll also be incredibly disappointing if they do this because one of the biggest draws of the Switch is having all the Nintendo games that are going to be made on one system instead of having to buy two. If the Switch does well then the 3DS will be out of the picture by 2018. If not, well, then I guess you can look forward to having to buy games for two separate systems for the foreseeable future.

Also, you're making the assumption that the battery life will be terrible and it very well might be but there is no confirmed reports of anything spec-wise for the Switch. And, let's face it, the DS family hasn't been 'pocket friendly' in a long time. The original DS, DS lite XL, 2DS, 3DSXL, New 3DSXL, and, to an extent, New 3DS are very hulking.
Calling it:
More than 3 hour battery life because the development kits aren't the retail consoles.

EDIT: Crud, accidentally double posted. Can I get a merge?

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm trying to play through Omega Ruby beforeSun and Moon release but **** it's so boring. I can't stand gen 3's region.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
They said that they were gonna support the GBA when the DS was revealed so I doubt this has any meaning.

Soul.

They said the same thing during the transition from GBA to DS. They will keep supporting 3DS to have something to fall back on if Switch fails, in which case... then yes, we're getting another dedicated handheld.

April 2017 should be when we see FY16 results anyways; we'll see what they have for 3DS by then.

edit: apparently they plan on selling 2 million Switch units in March?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Didn't Nintendo also say they would keep supporting the GBA or something?

Also they have 3DS games scheduled for 2017 that we already know about, so this isn't exactly news.

I'm willing to lean towards the "third pillar" type talk with the Wii U simply being seen as disposable this time being the case. They have the 3DS in the back of their minds in case the Switch flops, they mayyyybe release another model a little later since the GBA Micro released a year after the DS, but the majority of their support will swing over to the Switch and if the Switch does well then the rest of it will follow about a year later.

Even with a unified software stream planned they might not want to put every egg in the same basket until they know for sure it's safe.

If they continue making games for the 3DS then that implies they don't have ANY replacement specifically in the cards yet, not that they'll be making a handheld on top of the Switch. They're just continuing to get a bit of money out of their existing base while people are still transitioning to the new one and keeping one foot holding the door open just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom