• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Which ones though? The guys or the girls?
I'm pretty sure it's the guys. I remember he told me some when as far as having stuffed bras (probably to poke fun at busty women like me :laugh:).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
No one would get discriminated by allowing the crossplay
Like, what even???

girls cosplaying is the main part of Comikt pff Its just a shame people take more pictures of upskirts then anything
Get her homemade chocolate dumplings or something by dipping food in molten chocolate!

And include brussel sprouts as that's the Halloween trick
Ill probably make her some cookies. I know the present is just gonna he money so that coveted
I should but something from pokemon center. gives me an escuse to by something for myself too

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
well I don't see this to be a big deal lol.
It is a big deal.

Sure you have the guys who do it for the "HAHA I'M A GUY IN GIRL'S CLOTHING"

But then you have all the people who legitimately enjoy and see it as a way of self-expression. And even if it's just for a joke, that's still fine. You shouldn't limit or discriminate against people because "we don't want neckbeards in sailor moon costumes." Crossdressing/play isn't even just for the enjoyment but also feeling more comfortable with yourself. This new rule is basically a middle finger to anyone who isn't a booth babe.
IMHO. Too bad. You can't please everyone so sometimes some get discriminated other won't. Then those that weren't, will.
Coming from a bi guy.
Just because we have to acknowledge discrimination exists doesn't mean we can't combat it.

And both are hard to change. Unless you go and try Japans/the worlds mind. Good luck with that though
You don't need to go to Japan to combat these sort of issues. Trying to start change here can potentially grow and ripple throughout the world. We have the internet, that **** spreads ideas fast. Sure it's not easy, but it's not impossible either.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Guys. Either my **** is stupid or they were just plain convincing.

I bet you must really look cute rocking that blouse too. Shame you didn't take pictures of yourself on that day.

Not sure how respond to that last one. Either your donger's playing tricks on you, you happen to have a crossdressing fetish, or you were possibly bicurious at the time (can't really blame you if the last one was the case).
Had a generic Samsung phone at the time. Those phones had **** cameras. I doubt images would have looked good either way.

Probably the former, easily not any of the latter options. I know I did not want to risk showing any forms of homosexuality knowing how my parents feel about that stuff. My brother and sister were considered lucky because they went easy on them and their same sex relationships did not last long.

D

Deleted member

girls cosplaying is the main part of Comikt pff Its just a shame people take more pictures of upskirts then anything
What does that even have to do with my post???

It is a big deal.

Sure you have the guys who do it for the "HAHA I'M A GUY IN GIRL'S CLOTHING"

But then you have all the people who legitimately enjoy and see it as a way of self-expression. And even if it's just for a joke, that's still fine. You shouldn't limit or discriminate against people because "we don't want neckbeards in sailor moon costumes." Crossdressing/play isn't even just for the enjoyment but also feeling more comfortable with yourself. This new rule is basically a middle finger to anyone who isn't a booth babe.
This, this is what I mean
Please, read this

Chrono.

Question time: What is the most outright evil/cruel mook you've seen in media? Everyone remembers big bads, but just a regular mook who gets beaten shortly after appearing?
Well, Shou Tucker from FMA was as minor as you can get, but he is infamously known for being one of the most sickening people in the series for experimenting on his daughter.

Then there's Shura from Akame ga Kill, a pretty dumb gorefest of a manga as it is, but this guy turns it up a couple notches. I won't go into details because that'd involve some non PG stuff. Shinji from Fate/Stay Night is like a toned down version of him (well the other way around anyway, since Shinji came first), and he's still ****ing terrible.

As far as games goes, since Tales kinda loves making main villians well intentioned people, a lot of the minor villians tend to be really really horrible people who just don't really have enough power to be a main bad guy.

There's also... Persona 4.

Adachi can't really count anymore since almost all post-P4 material expands on him heavily thanks to his unexpected popularity (the anime gives him goals and backstory, the remake gives him a social link, the spin offs more or less try to redeem him and in all of these he's treated as a foil to the hero), but in the vanilla game, despite being the killer, he's not really treated as a final boss type. Hell his fight is allegedly one of the easiest ones. There's also the fact that he was just a pawn for the actual main villain.

But still, Adachi is pretty twisted, only reason he did what he did was because he was bored or because high school girls wouldn't put out. What makes this even worse is that, unlike this type of villain, Adachi actually had a pretty happy life from childhood to adulthood.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To people who don't see it as a big deal. Imagine you're at a convention and you see 2 video games you're allowed to try out. One is something that STRONGLY caters to you (Bayonetta 3, Breath of the Wild, etc.) but the other is Ride to hell Retribution. You try playing the game that you REALLY want to do because of your passion for the franchise! But the security says you're not allowed to because of what's between your legs. Would you feel okay playing Ride to hell or would you be pissed you can't play the game you love just for something as trivial as that?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It still understandably rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Banning something based on perceived ugliness is meh.
"Perceived" though?

You'd look someone in the face and tell them that ugly crossdressing is subjectively unpleasent? I understand why we're hesitant to ban anything (progress, progress, progress!) but don't you think that's a bit silly?
:laugh:

No matter. We live in a mad world anyway.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Adachi can't really count anymore since almost all post-P4 material expands on him heavily thanks to his unexpected popularity (the anime gives him goals and backstory, the remake gives him a social link, the spin offs more or less try to redeem him and in all of these he's treated as a foil to the hero), but in the vanilla game, despite being the killer, he's not really treated as a final boss type. Hell his fight is allegedly one of the easiest ones. There's also the fact that he was just a pawn for the actual main villain.

But still, Adachi is pretty twisted, only reason he did what he did was because he was bored or because high school girls wouldn't put out. What makes this even worse is that, unlike this type of villain, Adachi actually had a pretty happy life from childhood to adulthood.
Remind me, The actual villan was the gas station attendent, right? I forgot what he turned into tbh

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Well, Shou Tucker from FMA was as minor as you can get, but he is infamously known for being one of the most sickening people in the series for experimenting on his daughter.

Then there's Shura from Akame ga Kill, a pretty dumb gorefest of a manga as it is, but this guy turns it up a couple notches. I won't go into details because that'd involve some non PG stuff. Shinji from Fate/Stay Night is like a toned down version of him (well the other way around anyway, since Shinji came first), and he's still ****ing terrible.

As far as games goes, since Tales kinda loves making main villians well intentioned people, a lot of the minor villians tend to be really really horrible people who just don't really have enough power to be a main bad guy.

oh man.
I was so surprised by the amount of characters that got killed in Akame ga Kill.In top 3 of my fav animes.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Probably the former, easily not any of the latter options. I know I did not want to risk showing any forms of homosexuality knowing how my parents feel about that stuff. My brother and sister were considered lucky because they went easy on them and their same sex relationships did not last long.
Yet you support LGBT rights, joined a club all about it in high school, partook in a day all about about crossdressing, allowed a guy to hit on you and you did little to reject him, celebrated after the US internationalized same sex marriage, did little to stop your siblings' "experimental relationships", befriended actual LGBT people, and have a close relationship with an effeminate fashion designer that dresses up as a ****ty nurse for Halloween.

Not that I'm trying to out you or anything, but you've clearly have done plenty of things that your parents would not agree with even if you didn't hook up with another guy like your brother. Just saying.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
"Perceived" though?

You'd look someone in the face and tell them that ugly crossdressing is subjectively unpleasent? I understand why we're hesitant to ban anything (progress, progress, progress!) but don't you think that's a bit silly?

It is perceived ugliness. What is and isn't attractive isn't some sort of universally accepted thing. Sure there's general ideas here and there, but that's pretty much it. What I think is attractive, you might think is unattractive.

Anyways, who knows phones? I'm looking at the Google Pixel and the LGV20. They both look pretty good.

D

Deleted member

Question time: What is the most outright evil/cruel mook you've seen in media? Everyone remembers big bads, but just a regular mook who gets beaten shortly after appearing?
Would J. Geil count? I mean, he was the reason for Polnareff to join the Crusaders and plays a big part in his backstory but he appears in one episode and only helps to put Avdol on a bus
Still, he was probably the worst of the worst in the Jojo universe
"Perceived" though?

Yes, it's subjective, you can't say it's "objective" when someone might find it attractive.
Besides, that's just one of the problems, banning crossplay due to fear of ugliness is flat out discrimination. This is literally saying "we don't want ugly people"

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Would J. Geil count? I mean, he was the reason for Polnareff to join the Crusaders and plays a big part in his backstory but he appears in one episode and only helps to put Avdol on a bus

Yes, it's subjective, you can't say it's "objective" when someone might find it attractive.
Besides, that's just one of the problems, banning crossplay due to fear of ugliness is flat out discrimination. This is literally saying "we don't want ugly people"
Not to mention the sort of "no one wants to see an ugly cosplayer" thing is the exact reason so many people don't cosplay when they would otherwise want to.

*Big neon sign pointing toward username*
:p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I'd argue he doesn't count because he drives Polnareff, but yeah, he counts
Yet you support LGBT rights, joined a club all about it in high school, partook in a day all about about crossdressing, allowed a guy to hit on you and you did little to reject him, celebrated after the US internationalized same sex marriage, did little to stop your siblings' "experimental relationships", befriended actual LGBT people, and have a close relationship with an effeminate fashion designer that dresses up as a ****ty nurse for Halloween.

Not that I'm trying to out you or anything, but you've clearly have done plenty of things that your parents would not agree with even if you didn't hook up with another guy like your brother. Just saying.
Missy, you have no right to criticize your lovely lad about that He doesn't get caught on my gaydar. You did :p
eh whatever.

noone will change my views .
But when your views are outright wrong at an objective standpoint, you should change them. Not saying you can't dislike crossplay, but you said that for discrimination it's one or the other, which makes me want to throw a dictionary at you

D

Deleted member

I hate to be a wet blanket, but nobody wants to see that anyway. :ohwell:
If your reffering to the joke crossplays, then maybe.(But even then not correct, as even that as an audience.)

But for the serious ones? Surprising to me, there's people that like that other than me. :p And to me, it's a bummer that they did this. This is one of the reasons why that once I get to be, well, me, I'm just using some female qualities(hair, make up, eyeliner etc.) rather than full on crossdressing. That and I just prefer it as a style. And that male fashion is soooo limiting. :p

Though it does beg the question of what if it's technically not a crossplay? What if you're cosplaying as a male who just so happens to look like a girl to some? :p

Though I do understand your point of view, especially when many men lack hygiene and are pretty ugly, or ar least lacking the qualities to pull this sort of thing off. Then you have those really campy ones that are ugly men that dress like old women.(And I don't have anything against them, I'm just saying why it's one of the reasons why people think it's so bizzare.)

However, some men do have the qualities to look great while doing it, such as myself. I've even been told that I look much better with more femine qualities, both by people who are into it and not into it. I probably wouldn't even be into it if I myself didn't look so great, it all started whenever I'd look in the mirror in middle school and saw someone with potential. It also helps probably, that when I was a kid people often confused me for a girl. :p

Anyway, I can't wait for me to start my own life with my GF and be able to finally express myself rather than just having the bland T-shirts and shorts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
But when your views are outright wrong at an objective standpoint, you should change them. Not saying you can't dislike crossplay, but you said that for discrimination it's one or the other, which makes me want to throw a dictionary at you
Just saying this, you cant make someone change their views. Leave then to change it if they want

And with that, Im going back to gift shopping, but please leave me out of this after that point I just made

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Beauty is subjective, but at the same time it's not...

A lot of the times it's what your society tells you is beautiful...Music Videos, Magazine Covers, Cosmetic commercials, Beauty Pageants, and even Video Games and other media puts into our minds an idealization of what 'acceptable' Beauty is...At least for the majority of people...

Keep in Mind, I'm not saying that it's right to condemn those considered less attractive, but that's also the society we live in...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Why yes, I'm perfectly aware of that. And I like how you suddenly care about issues like this because of your experiences and outings. Not really trying to rain on your parade, but you certainly didn't bat an eye at it when I told you these things several years ago.

Gender Bender Day is just a silly day to cross gender boundaries and be silly. My mother didn't care, but her concern was perverts or getting strange looks from civilians when I leave the house wearing her clothes (which I covered with my jacket at the time). To be honest, my parents could have stopped me seven years ago or my older friends could have swayed me if joining a club about LGBT rights was a problem. Nothing wrong in celebrating America getting with the times instead of staying in that first generation bubble for years.

FYI, I've seriously wanted to tell that guy to **** off since his flirting and stalking was beyond sexual harassment levels of uncomfortable. Yet I was a freshman at the time with a poor relationship with the Headmaster. For once, I actually agreed with my parents on that day since there are some people that just go to far to get what they want. And honestly, I would care less about my siblings dating the same sex since it's their life and they can only see if that's the right road for them to take. I just sit and watch because they'll know for sure if it's really worth not giving the opposite sex another chance. Good thing my sister manage to find herself a nice guy that for sure feels like a definite husband for her. Not sure about my brother, he's probably back to being a self absorbed asexual since money is all he needs (and his previous Tumblr).

Such the life of a Christian boy who's already tangling with many "contradictory" views.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Just saying this, you cant make someone change their views. Leave then to change it if they want

And with that, Im going back to gift shopping, but please leave me out of this after that point I just made
You misunderstood that post. If Eagle didn't like crossplay, that's okay, but he got a fact wrong, and THAT'S what I want him to change

Hope you find something cool for her!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So what I'm getting out of this is that Greninja became Frogger.
Yeah, you could say that.

Except instead of getting roadkilled, Greninja clinged on the underneath of the car like a boss.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Okay, Kamen Rider just did something ****ing dumb. In the 40 out of 50 episodes and a talent agency basically says "Imagine if your loved ones were killed by these serial killer monsters ,who ACTUALLY exist, who only 1 person is able to stop Emote!" I know it's 2000 but **** man
Oh, c'mon, don't say that! There are so many options like shirts and... t-shirts with... pants and... a slightly different pair of pants I guess?
Bruh, just get a skirt already and say it's Thailand fashion or something, they'd believe it

D

Deleted member

*Zen Headbutt misses a Ponyta 5 times in a row, two of which are due to Bounce*
maxresdefault.jpg

D

Deleted member

Okay, Kamen Rider just did something ****ing dumb. In the 40 out of 50 episodes and a talent agency basically says "Imagine if your loved ones were killed by these serial killer monsters ,who ACTUALLY exist, who only 1 person is able to stop Emote!" I know it's 2000 but **** man

Bruh, just get a skirt already and say it's Thailand fashion or something, they'd believe it
Or that it's a kilt
What I say:
"You calling my proof of Scotish manliness a skirt! Here, I'll prove it to you that I ain't wearing any underwear!"
What I really mean:
"Yeah, it's a skirt, my proof of manly manliness, isn't it just so ****ing pretty? It lets my legs breath too"

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'll just leave the subject with saying that subjectivity is vastly misunderstood.

There's a line that something has to meet before it can be considered aesthetically valuble, and my opinion of what's past that line isn't more valuble than yours.

But whatever. I live in a world where you're a weirdo if you think crossdressing is regressive.

:ohwell:
"Oh well."

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Missy, you have no right to criticize your lovely lad about that

He doesn't get caught on my gaydar. You did :p
Heh, I get that a lot. Even when I've tried to be transparent in high school with my yaoi mates, they already had the feeling I was a queer shiela. It's just that wasn't comfortable enough to be out with it until recently.

Why yes, I'm perfectly aware of that. And I like how you suddenly care about issues like this because of your experiences and outings. Not really trying to rain on your parade, but you certainly didn't bat an eye at it when I told you these things several years ago.

Gender Bender Day is just a silly day to cross gender boundaries and be silly. My mother didn't care, but her concern was perverts or getting strange looks from civilians when I leave the house wearing her clothes (which I covered with my jacket at the time). To be honest, my parents could have stopped me seven years ago or my older friends could have swayed me if joining a club about LGBT rights was a problem. Nothing wrong in celebrating America getting with the times instead of staying in that first generation bubble for years.

FYI, I've seriously wanted to tell that guy to **** off since his flirting and stalking was beyond sexual harassment levels of uncomfortable. Yet I was a freshman at the time with a poor relationship with the Headmaster. For once, I actually agreed with my parents on that day since there are some people that just go to far to get what they want. And honestly, I would care less about my siblings dating the same sex since it's their life and they can only see if that's the right road for them to take. I just sit and watch because they'll know for sure if it's really worth not giving the opposite sex another chance. Good thing my sister manage to find herself a nice guy that for sure feels like a definite husband for her. Not sure about my brother, he's probably back to being a self absorbed asexual since money is all he needs (and his previous Tumblr).

Such the life of a Christian boy who's already tangling with many "contradictory" views.
Hey hey hey, don't try to be like Bojack Horseman! You are already suffering from strep throat that should have never reared its ugly head.

Anyways, I get that it's just you learning to have a voice for yourself instead of listening to the traditional views of God and your parents all the time. Not like I'm expecting you to say "All ***s and ****s should burn in hell!" because you are far beyond that and met cool people that aren't as "demonic" as the Bible described them. This is coming from someone that followed one equally strict religion long ago before we left that church secretly and started to have our own ideals.

If I rubbed you the wrong was about that gay stalking incident in freshman year, then I deeply apologize. You was just trying not to be an ***holr to the guy even though he should know that you aren't going to be his **** buddy. You know that you are heterosexual and you should only be with girls because it's a preference you are comfortable with. Nothing wrong with breaking a few boundaries or not having a say in your siblings' "forbidden relationships", but you really got to tell someone instead of being a big piece of meat for a predator that won't let you go. Just be glad that you are free and no one is going to randomly say "I want that ***" anymore like some pervert.

Not that I have anything wrong with my LGBT brothers and sisters being a flirt, but they just got to get the picture that people (specifically heterosexuals) aren't going to be into you for more reasons than one. At least that's how I've learned the hard way towards my senior year in high school...

D

Deleted member

"Perceived" though?

Who said that all cosplaying in general has to be attractive, do you have to have the hots for something in order to find it appealing in some way? They are JOKE cosplays for a reason, they do ehat they do to be funny, not attractive. Hell, on plenty of media I see crossplaying as a joke more so than anything ever appealing. Most of their audience isn't attracted to them.(Not that someone can't.) I myself am attracted to the more macho masculine men among other things, and have dated many of them my age.

Also, your own tastes don't apply to other people, everyone's taste should only apply to them. Too often do I see people treating their own tastes as everyone else's, not just like this, but through other things to like what kind of games you should and shouldn't enjoy.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I mean, the hell I know about anything. All I have are opinions too.

You're all adults. Do as you please.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll just leave the subject with saying that subjectivity is vastly misunderstood.

There's a line that something has to meet before it can be considered aesthetically valuble, and my opinion of what's past that line isn't more valuble than yours.
It looks like you're shooting your own side of the argument but whatever
But whatever. I live in a world where you're a weirdo if you think crossdressing is regressive.

:ohwell:
"Oh well."
The way you word it makes it sound like that sentence is wrong
Well, technically, the word "crossdressing" shouldn't even exist and only does because of society's views, but that's a talk for another day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom