• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

They did a DBZ reference in XY so I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least some trainers referencing FMA, for the full reference, have them use Golurk and a dog Pokemon, maybe the last evolution of Iwanko even.

I like the idea of the starter trio theme alchemy, the idea of the theme being circus was kinda boring imo

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I'm not really into Overwatch, or if any Overwatch fans will care about this, but this is just way to adorable not share with people

Warning: Large image.

this isn't Mei/Zarya

cute but disappointing/10

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You can just follow TS4M's guide if you want to get started and get everything ready for Smash 4 modding. No need to download any ISO's or anything really. Do be sure to use Uwizard in order to obtain the latest update files though.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
- Pokemon Sun
- Alchemy
- No mention of Golden Sun
:(

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Geno, one of the most likeliest characters? Really?

Do people suddenly believe for a moment that Square would even remotely be on board with having him in Smash even though it has absolutely no benefit for them?
This would be why:
http://sourcegaming.info/2016/04/29/duflupdate/
Geno: “To tell the truth, it’s because I wanted Geno to be a playable character. He has a gun for a hand, and I think he fits in really well with Smash. During Brawl, I thought it would be great if I could add him, but in the end it didn’t become a reality.”

Geno: “When talking about older characters, Geno always gets a lot of requests. He didn’t appear as a fighter, but I was able to achieve something kind of close to that as a Mii Costume.”

Bottom line is Sakurai, likes geno, has considered him several times, and went out of his way to make him a costume.

It wouldn't be to surprising to hear that Geno was considered again for next smash, or that cloud was just a gateway square character in addition to popular request, so he could add geno another popular request. His other comment mentions indicate he doesn't have a problem with geno being in one game, and he recognizes that fans truly love him. He also came to like him.

EDIT::

I got it, I made a post that summed it up in the last thread:
Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
After all the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games I've played, I can say that you don't want fighting puppets.

They either suck or too annoying to fight.
The puppeteer guy is my favorite Character in Naruto games

Do people suddenly believe for a moment that Square would even remotely be on board with having him in Smash even though it has absolutely no benefit for them?
>Bravely character
> likely

I dont know who that one person is that voted it, but i like them, and damn do I want an explanation. . .but no.

A 3rd party character from a series with a whopping 2 games isnt getting into smash without ballot support/director bias anytime soon. Agnes/edea have neither

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Yeah I. . .doubt that Geno is one of the most likely characters too, but since Sakurai considered it I don't really have much room to argue on the matter. It's more just me wondering how that even happened considering all the character support criteria flying around.

I kinda doubt Elma too, but then I doubted that we'd get any new FE characters this game and look how that turned out, so, uh. . .

At least their most likely character of all matches up with my assumption. Again, I've only been around since pre-4 speculation, but even so this is the first time I've ever looked at a character and just gone, "Well that's a shoo-in. Darned if anyone's ever used that term on an accurate character before, but that's a shoo-in." I mean, many of their supporters are a little too quick to Squid Jump the Splattershot whenever they're discussed, but. . .yeah I don't see them not getting in next time.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What I learnt in retrospect about Smash 4 Speculation was that most of the shock about characters chosen or not chosen was due to people applying Brawl's criteria and Brawl-era popularity to gauge the chances in Smash 4.

Brawl's criteria did not apply to Smash 4 newcomers. Recency and promotion mattered, for example.

Be open to any possibilities, and only predict using what Sakurai says during Smash NX's development. Nothing else.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's still too early to determine anything, honestly.
Well not ANYTHING.

Mega Man was there, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Miis, and Villager were mostly just held back by possible assumptions about what had been said about them before in interviews and still got a ton of requests, Wii Fit Trainer had absurdly low chances of being accurately predicted in any time frame prior to her reveal, Bowser Jr. was there, Rosalina was there but overshadowed mostly by the four-way catfight that had presumably started before she was even created, Duck Hunt was there, heck Ryu and Cloud were there.

Main ones that would have been outright too early to predict were Palutena for being a relatively low key NPC (that was STILL the only ally NPC to show up in SSE, so go figure), Bayonetta for only being on competitors' consoles early on, and Shulk, Robin, Lucina, Dark Pit, Greninja, and Corrin for not existing yet.

I say we have a shot at guessing about half the roster if there's a similar time gap until Smash NX. A Sturgeon's Law shot, but a shot nonetheless. Other half it's still way too early for, but it's more just our own mindsets stopping us from making accurate guesses than the time frame itself.

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Back to the swamp again.
Holy ****. Robobot gets a few extra points from me as Meta Knight is stupidly fun, especially with Meta Quick and Shuttle Loop
I still honestly wish that the helpers were brought back, even if that doesn't work in PR...

Dimensional Cape being in the game still gets MAJOR brownie points from me, though.
>Bravely character
> likely

I dont know who that one person is that voted it, but i like them, and damn do I want an explanation. . .but no.

A 3rd party character from a series with a whopping 2 games isnt getting into smash without ballot support/director bias anytime soon. Agnes/edea have neither
Edit: oh, wait, misread. That was my bad. But still Bayo practically was in the same situation.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Back to the swamp again.

I still honestly wish that the helpers were brought back, even if that doesn't work in PR...

Dimensional Cape being in the game still gets MAJOR brownie points from me, though.

Edit: oh, wait, misread. That was my bad. But still Bayo practically was in the same situation.
I feel like the Meta Knights should be enemies more often as individual mini bosses, only buffed up, they all look like they could have fun abilities

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What I learnt in retrospect about Smash 4 Speculation was that most of the shock about characters chosen or not chosen was due to people applying Brawl's criteria and Brawl-era popularity to gauge the chances in Smash 4.

Brawl's criteria did not apply to Smash 4 newcomers. Recency and promotion mattered, for example.

Be open to any possibilities, and only predict using what Sakurai says during Smash NX's development. Nothing else.
I think many people did realize that recency and promotion mattered, they just made wrong calls as to who would be selected for it.

It's how many Pokemon requests caught on before people eventually gave up and said it would be Mewtwo, it's why many characters that weren't cut were argued to have been cut, and I'm pretty sure it's why many people felt so let down about a few characters not getting in.

It's just that they layered Brawl's criteria and their own personal logic on top of it and were ready to jump at every character revealed for any and every game as a possible Smash character.

Except Wii Fit Trainer. :4wiifit:

And even that had two joke guesses.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Back to the swamp again.

Bayo had massive ballot support.

Bravely characters don't.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

If anything what was the norm in Smash 4 won't even be the norm in Smash NX or whatever.

If FE got the most heat for characters in he game then don't expect any newcomers or even expect cuts.

And the latter might hurt

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If anything what was the norm in Smash 4 won't even be the norm in Smash NX or whatever.

If FE got the most heat for characters in he game then don't expect any newcomers or even expect cuts.

We probably might get another FE character in the next game depending on if its timing is as good as it was in Smash 4,

We probably will lose at least one of the FE veterans in return though. (I won't point any fingers as to who though, if it's Corrin and everyone gets majorly upset over it and end up as one of the most wanted veterans to return then talk about history repeating itself.....)

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Yeaaaahh, I'm flinching at the thought of cuts already.

I prefer not to focus on the idea because I like to think happy thoughts. ~

It would definitely be the smart choice for them to avoid adding a newcomer next time, though.

I assumed that the tactic you describe is what they did with Star Fox this time.

. . .If it turns out anything like that series, people are going to MASSIVELY mourn whoever goes and yell at the director for not having them in. And Roy already did this before, so it sure as heck can happen again.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

I'd only except FE cuts if Smash NX is a new game entirely.

If its Smash 4 with new content, then I expect no cuts or additions.

Edit: I meant no cuts ffs -__-

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Indeed. Failure to do so will only lead to history repeating itself once again.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
We probably might get another FE character in the next game depending on if its timing is as good as it was in Smash 4,

We probably will lose at least one of the FE veterans in return though. (I won't point any fingers as to who though, if it's Corrin and everyone gets majorly upset over it then talk about history repeating itself.....)
If anything we might lose 2 characters. Roy and Corrin are probably the most likely guys to be cut and the most obvious stays are Marth, Ike and Lucina.

Robin is a living wildcard. And his chances depends on if they like him over Corrin. Roy was only brought back due to nostalgia and nostalgia for Melee alone and Corrin mostly seems like a one time thing

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If an FE character had to be cut, Roy or Lucina are literally the best options, I myself believe Lucina should be reworked if she stays in Smash, otherwise, cut her. Both are characters that aren't very unique and fail to represent the series well, especially with how Roy and Lucina barely reference their games

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Isn't Lucina like, Fire Emblem's Lucario?

As in one of the more popular Fire Emblem characters that Intelligent Systems tend to promote a lot? I'm not sure if I would see her getting cut unless Sakurai himself doesn't wish to keep her.....

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
As far as FE goes, as long as Marth, Ike and Robin stick around, I'm cool.

Isn't Lucina like, Fire Emblem's Lucario?

As in one of the more popular Fire Emblem characters that Intelligent Systems promotes a lot? I'm not sure if I would see her getting cut unless Sakurai himself doesn't wish to keep her.....
If Mewtwo can get cut, Lucina being cut isn't that implausible.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If Mewtwo can get cut, Lucina being cut isn't that implausible.
Mewtwo was planned for Brawl though but only didn't make it in due to lack of time. If it's a similar case like that then I guess Lucina would probably be a low priority character for the next game. Kinda like she was for this game really.

D

Deleted member

Lucina os a clone, there's little to no reason to cut her
Corrin and Robin are from the two most popular games in the franchise, they aren't going anywhere
Marth is Marth
Ike's popularity is losing weight but I doubt they'd cut him
Roy is the most likely one imo, he didn't even get amiibo funcionality in Fates and is unlikely to ever make another appearemce and is from a Japan only game that's completely hated outside of it

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If anything we might lose 2 characters. Roy and Corrin are probably the most likely guys to be cut and the most obvious stays are Marth, Ike and Lucina.

Robin is a living wildcard. And his chances depends on if they like him over Corrin. Roy was only brought back due to nostalgia and nostalgia for Melee alone and Corrin mostly seems like a one time thing
I dunno. I feel like clones are usually the first to go with cuts, so barring the development team starting the apocalyptic character purge that some people described as possibly happening this time I think Lucina is more likely to go than Robin.

As a matter of fact, if there are any cuts at all I think Lucina and Dark Pit are the only obvious non-DLC candidates. And I like Dark Pit, so that's kind of unfortunate for me, but that's how it at least looks to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom