• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Etika put up a good video for modding Wii U for Smash.

Been looking through mods as I want to attempt doing it soon.

I think I found my favourite.

I spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to get this to play before realizing it was an image.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's that video Etika uploaded about modding Smash Wii U. He is uploading a more streamlined one later but this is the "raw" version that shows every step unedited, mistakes and all (which is good if you want to see what not to do).

It indeed was successful.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
May she rest in peace, Christina. This was really tragic, and really sad considering she was so young and new.

These breakages are getting too frequent. I suggest setting up a Gravatar to tide over these.
Thanks, I'll try to set that up, but have never done it before.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Zygarde is the protector of Kalos, why would it live outside of Kalos?
For the same reason the Lake trio are found in caves around Unova and Mewtwo appeared in XY despite having much stronger connections to Sinnoh and Kanto respectively, the lore of the respective Pokémon was expanded so that it could appear in those regions (or in Mewtwo's case, it was just kind of there). I feel Zygarde will be the same, though it may get its own Delta Episode-esque story away from the main plot to make up for not appearing in Kalos.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For the same reason the Lake trio are found in caves around Unova and Mewtwo appeared in XY despite having much stronger connections to Sinnoh and Kanto respectively, the lore of the respective Pokémon was expanded so that it could appear in those regions (or in Mewtwo's case, it was just kind of there). I feel Zygarde will be the same, though it may get its own Delta Episode-esque story away from the main plot to make up for not appearing in Kalos.
True but none of them are protectors. They all just lived there. And Rayquazza doesn't count as it says he lives in the atmosphere not the region.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I have a few questions regarding Smash Wii U modding before I get started, just want to make sure I don't regret anything.

Tagging @DarkAura64 and Curious Villager Curious Villager because I know they know some things about modded Smash Wii U, but anyone else in the know feel free to answer too if they know.

-Is my save file in Smash Wii U in any danger? Anything I should avoid doing in case I lose it?
-If I legally have DLC that I bought like everyone else, is this effected by modding in any negative way (like losing access to it)? This is most important as I have legally purchased all of the Smash DLC on both versions, and that's a lot of money I don't want going down the drain.
-Is there an easy way to revert back to the completely unmodded version of the game, after modding it?

That's pretty much it for now, might have more questions if I run into trouble, but the answers to these questions ultimately decide whether or not I even attempt this.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Zygarde forms shown for Sun & Moon? Pokémon Z confirmed dead.

I wonder if Zygarde Cell & Zygarde Core will be available too?

And STILL no sign of Eternal Flower Floette. :glare:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So I have a few questions regarding Smash Wii U modding before I get started, just want to make sure I don't regret anything.

Tagging @DarkAura64 and Curious Villager Curious Villager because I know they know some things about modded Smash Wii U, but anyone else in the know feel free to answer too if they know.

-Is my save file in Smash Wii U in any danger? Anything I should avoid doing in case I lose it?
-If I legally have DLC that I bought like everyone else, is this effected by modding in any negative way (like losing access to it)? This is most important as I have legally purchased all of the Smash DLC on both versions, and that's a lot of money I don't want going down the drain.
-Is there an easy way to revert back to the completely unmodded version of the game, after modding it?

That's pretty much it for now, might have more questions if I run into trouble, but the answers to these questions ultimately decide whether or not I even attempt this.
-Your save should be fine as there have been no cases of any corrupt save files as far as I'm aware. However, making a back-up is never a bad idea and is even recommended as a "just in case" by some modders. Especially if you decide to use the mods in single player mode and eventually decide that you don't want to have any hack-assisted records in your save and whatnot.

-You shouldn't be having any issues with that as I've been playing my game modded with all DLC included for a while now and I haven't had any issues since. Then again, I haven't gone online yet with my modded game but I can't imagine Nintendo "confiscating" your DLC if they find out that you've modded the game.

- Just switch off your Wii U, then turn it back on and reboot the game. Everything (Except your records if you where messing around with that) will return back to normal.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Jeez...Managed to get the Varia suit and its in such an out of the way area...and its rather complex getting to it since you have to use these wavers to get to out of reach areas in order to get to it...

It took me a bit to do it, with experience playing Metroid...to think 30 years ago kids managed to figure this stuff out on their own with no prior experience in the series...

Regardless now I take less damage, so frustration levels have decreased...slightly...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The video showed Zygarde 10 turning into perfect Zygarde

So, does Zygarde have nothing to do with either?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Zygarde forms shown for Sun & Moon? Pokémon Z confirmed dead.

I wonder if Zygarde Cell & Zygarde Core will be available too?

And STILL no sign of Eternal Flower Floette. :glare:
I think EF floette could become an event or story event in sun and moon still, but if not, maybe it was scrapped from XY as a battle or event.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i never heard about this Christina Grimmie girl until today.But still it sucks that she died in such a amazing point in her life.That's ali,kimbo slice, and Grimmie all killed in less than a month.Thats alot of loss lifes in a short peroid of time.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Absolutely tragic what happened to her. 2016's had a lot of awful deaths, but this one's just...different. She was one of us, really. A celebrity for the Internet-Age. And in addition to being a fantastic singer, she was also making a name for herself in the pro-Smash scene. She streamed games on Twitch. Her youtube account's name is referencing Zelda. And beyond that, she was a great person who did lots of charitable things and was always kind to others. And now she's gone because of some crazed lunatic.

I can only hope her family and friends are going to be okay. I can't imagine that sort of grief. Rest in peace, Christina.
Honestly, I think this probably hurts more then other Geek celebrity deaths this year, cause she was also so young, so she still had her life ahead of her.
Never heard of her before today, but my condolences to her fans, friends and family.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I'm not really into Overwatch, or if any Overwatch fans will care about this, but this is just way to adorable not share with people

Warning: Large image.

Last edited:

Soul.

Holy ****, Zygarde. I mean, it was obvious these formes would be in, but nevertheless it's still really great to see them in action. And that battle theme is giving me DPP vibes.

Also, Magearna's move translates to Fleur Cannon. I dunno, I think this is a Fairy-type move. Could also be Steel-type though, haha.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
What about the tail and the legs though, wouldn't they have a line representing them as well? Also, it seems that the Pokémon has to take a very specific pose for that symbol to work, I'm not sure they'd do that.

Then again, Corocoro did just mention all four share a secret of some sort, so that could be it (or Synchro evolution).

True but none of them are protectors. They all just lived there. And Rayquazza doesn't count as it says he lives in the atmosphere not the region.
I would argue that the Lake trio are protectors considering they are the ones that restrain Dialga and Palkia, both of which are tied completely to Spear Pillar. So their role in keeping the region safe, while maybe not as big as Zygarde's, is still rather important.

But honestly, that was always going to be retconned/changed around no matter what happened with it. As we move on to other generations, they have to have all legendaries obtainable in other regions, so they can't restrict Zygarde to Kalos unless they want to turn it into an event Pokémon.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The Litten sulfur theory may hold some water after all.
If this was is case, it would explain why they're all hinted to have something in common.

All you'd need is to find symbolism with Lunalaa and the Legendaries would be a good fit for the alchemical theming too, seeing as Solgaleo represents the refining of metal.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've never heard of Christina before today, but absolutely no one deserves the fate she got. My condolences to her family, friends, and fans.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What about the tail and the legs though, wouldn't they have a line representing them as well? Also, it seems that the Pokémon has to take a very specific pose for that symbol to work, I'm not sure they'd do that.

Then again, Corocoro did just mention all four share a secret of some sort, so that could be it (or Synchro evolution).

I would argue that the Lake trio are protectors considering they are the ones that restrain Dialga and Palkia, both of which are tied completely to Spear Pillar. So their role in keeping the region safe, while maybe not as big as Zygarde's, is still rather important.

But honestly, that was always going to be retconned/changed around no matter what happened with it. As we move on to other generations, they have to have all legendaries obtainable in other regions, so they can't restrict Zygarde to Kalos unless they want to turn it into an event Pokémon.
That is true... If there isn't Kalos or if Zygarde doesn't have to do with Kalos in Sun and Moon, I could see one explanation being that zygarde cores and cells wound up in Alola as well and so it can be formed there.

kylexv

Smash Master
I'm not really into Overwatch, or if any Overwatch fans will care about this, but this is just way to adorable not share with people

Warning: Large image.

For some reason, the image only showed up when I decided to quote your post.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ok...this alchemy stuff is getting deep really quickly...

Sulfur-Soul-Fire
Mercury-Spirit-Water
Salt-Body-Earth

Earth? As in Ground? Suddenly Rowlet becoming a ground type isn't so farfetched...

D

Deleted member

Ok...this alchemy stuff is getting deep really quickly...

Sulfur-Soul-Fire
Mercury-Spirit-Water
Salt-Body-Earth

Earth? As in Ground? Suddenly Rowlet becoming a ground type isn't so farfetched...
Or "earth" as in "what comes from the earth", in this case, plants or more specifically, grass
The other two have their main types, please don't revive the ground theory

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If the theme is Alchemy for Sun and Moon, there better be another duo gym leaders, and they need to be named Al and Edward. They specialize in steel and psychic types. With Aeigslash as a leader and a new Psychic ghost type as the other leader.

Chrono.

If the theme is Alchemy for Sun and Moon, there better be another duo gym leaders, and they need to be named Al and Edward. They specialize in steel and psychic types. With Aeigslash as a leader and a new Psychic ghost type as the other leader.
An FMA ref feels more like something we'd see from a throwaway battle in the middle of a route honestly.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
An FMA ref feels more like something we'd see from a throwaway battle in the middle of a route honestly.
Probably but I can hope lol. I could definitely see it as a trainer battle though. Give them 3 pokemon each and design them to be strong enough so that you remember their names after the fight.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Trying to get the Smash Wii U ISO so I could get it into Smash4Explorer (I know that's technically illegal but I obviously own a physical copy of Smash Wii U, I just don't have the means or knowledge on how to dump it and would rather just download it. I did this for Brawl as well when I wanted to play Project M because the SD card method didn't work for PAL users) nearly resulted in me getting tied to one of those "premium download speed" subscriptions that would take money from my bank account every month regardless of whether or not I was actively using the service. And I couldn't even get the ISO from them in the end, and that was the only reason I signed up for the free trial. But I think I am all good now, I found a contact form and sent them a request for account termination and others have claimed it worked for them.

I eventually did find a PAL ISO I could download and I'm downloading it now, but I don't know if it comes with all of the updates.

So if you plan to mod Smash Wii U, be careful with this part. Everything else is easy, but getting an ISO if you can't dump game discs yourself is tedious and a bit risky if you don't know where to go.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait Just A Minute!
Screenshot (132).png

"Ed"

Remember how people think this could be some gym leaders? Imagine if that's actually true and he is based on Ed from fullmetal alchemist!

D E E P E S T L O R E

Probably not :(

But that's pretty funny if true though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Turns out that if you agree to a subscription using PayPal rather than using your bank account details, you can manually cancel said subscription yourself and deny any further payments to that company.

It's a good thing I used PayPal then.

There's another lesson - always use PayPal if you are unsure of a subscription or transaction.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wait Just A Minute!
View attachment 109616

"Ed"

Remember how people think this could be some gym leaders? Imagine if that's actually true and he is based on Ed from fullmetal alchemist!

D E E P E S T L O R E

Probably not :(

But that's pretty funny if true though.
To be fair, Al is also already in Pokemon.

Look up Golurk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom