• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So Psyduck and Cyndaquil are supposed to be the platypus and echidna respectively?
Pretty much...

Psyduck has a lot of mammalian qualities despite being called the Duck pokemon...
Cyndaquil could be argued otherwise since it could be based off of a Hedgehog as well but it's pointed snout alludes to an Echidna as well...it looks more like an actual echidna than Knuckles so...:p

A little strange that both monotremes are sort of covered in this way, but that doesn't mean we won't get a more obviously inspired pokemon based on one of them...

D

Deleted member

*looks up*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parastratiosphecomyia_sphecomyioides

Creepy insect trigger warning. It's a fly that looks like a wasp.

Also you picked that because it says it's the animal with the longest scientific name, didn't you?
Yes. :p And it's from a fly of all things, it can't be any more anti climactic than that for out of all the animals that could've had the longest scientific name. More specifically the Southeast Asian Soldier fly. And this game is tropical and we've never really had a fly pokemon sooooo.... :p It should probably be a literal soldier fly too. : ^ )

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That puppy's adorable! Also, I'm glad that they mixed it up a bit and made it Rock type to stand out from Lillipup and Furfrou, though I'm hoping it's speedy since I prefer Rock types to be fast rather then bulky and slow.
A Pokemon based on a creature from Hawaii? Why not this?
There'd be your Bug/Dark Pokemon.
I'd love to see them do this one, it'd be a unique twist on the typical caterpillar lines that we usually get in most generations.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yes. :p And it's from a fly of all things, it can't be any more anti climactic than that for out of all the animals that could've had the longest scientific name. More specifically the Southeast Asian Soldier fly. And this game is tropical and we've never really had a fly pokemon sooooo.... :p It should probably be a literal soldier fly too. : ^ )
A literal soldier fly would make a nice companion to Durant.

:231:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I actually like that this new dog Pokemon doesn't have any obvious rock features. I don't want to look at a Pokemon obviously know it's typing. Makes the game more interesting, and also doesn't limit Pokemon to a certain typing.

Although it seems you can catch it early in the game, it'd be great if it were somewhat usable. Like Shinx in Platinum.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of want a fire ant pokemon

I once had the idea of the fire starter being a fire ant

Although a fire/ bug isn't a very great typing

Also zodiac

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
About an hour of playing Blue Kaizo and I caught all starters who are lvl 25+ and are evolved. All before stepping foot in Virdian Forest.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You'll probably be needing that.

:231:
Yeah, I saw what's coming next. OP Gym Leaders and no Revives in battle. Gonna be a pain in the rear for when I get to Lance and his damn Dragonites.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It's a shame really. Who's going to provide us with click bait articles now in Kotaku's absence? It's a travesty I tell you.
Destructoid is picking up the mantle, don't worry.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There was a problem fetching the tweet
This is absolutely disgusting
I wonder if they got anything on Dan Aykroyd considering he said "It's got more laughs than Ghostbusters 1"

Yo.
PokeNews is great and all but...
Guys.
Top 10 Kirby abilities?
1) Suplex 2) Hammer 3) Mirror 4) Magic 5) Rock 6) Yoyo 7) Jet 8) Beetle 9) Tornado 10) Leaf
1) Bomb
2) Spear
3) Beetle
4) Hammer
5) Stone
6) Ice
7) Mirror
9) ESP
10) Magic

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1231539

Skylanders website may have spilled the beans about Crash.

If nothing else, this thread is HILARIOUS.

I kind of want a fire ant pokemon

I once had the idea of the fire starter being a fire ant

Although a fire/ bug isn't a very great typing

Also zodiac
I once played a Pokemon fangame which had a fire ant Pokemon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Top 10 Kirby Abilities?

Mirror
Ice
Spark
Beetle
UFO
Ghost
Tornado
Magic
Leaf
Yoyo

In no real order

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Top 10 Kirby abilities (no order)

Beam, Parasol, Jet, Yoyo, Beetle, Fighter, Bomb, Water, Ice, Wing

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So if the recent Zelda U rumour is true, how would you feel about it? Over 100 mini-dungeons and 4 main dungeons.

I think it'd be good cos there will be something to do however I'd be worried there won't be many Majora's Mask-eqsue side quests or side quests in general.

Also I'd be hoping for those 4 main dungeons to be M A S S I V E.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Finally get to see that perfect Z.

Confirmed for Sun and Moon though. I really wonder if Pokemon Z was ever even considered.

D

Deleted member

I like the Rock puppy, it's cute and they're also trying to subvert the usual typings like in XY(Talonflame being into Fire/Flying and Diggersby being Normal/Ground)
I hope it's common in the early routes because I'll be nuzlocking the game but I want it
Don't care much about the Koala but is there any other information about it?(typing or ability)
I found a Pokemon mod called Crystal Kaizo, just like the name implies it's just a really hard version of Crystal.

I usually don't care for these challenge mode mods but... I'm morbidly curious.

Time to die.
Nuzlocke it, you *****! :troll:
Perfect Zygarde in action.
****ING FINALLY
GOD HE LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL
Also, totally calling him Zorro

Chrono.

I like the Rock puppy, it's cute and they're also trying to subvert the usual typings like in XY(Talonflame being into Fire/Flying and Diggersby being Normal/Ground)
I hope it's common in the early routes because I'll be nuzlocking the game but I want it
Don't care much about the Koala but is there any other information about it?(typing or ability)
It's Normal type and the Ability is a new one which makes it immune to status effects except for Sleep.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So if the recent Zelda U rumour is true, how would you feel about it? Over 100 mini-dungeons and 4 main dungeons.

I think it'd be good cos there will be something to do however I'd be worried there won't be many Majora's Mask-eqsue side quests or side quests in general.

Also I'd be hoping for those 4 main dungeons to be M A S S I V E.
It depends on how they execute it.

If it's like those random caves in Twilight Princess where you have to bomb through 20 walls in a row just to get a few Rupees and maybe a Heart Piece (or a stamp in the HD version), then I won't like it.

If they put something more meaningful in some of them (I'm OK with SOME of them containing Heart Pieces but I don't want that to be all there is to it), then it could be great. Like, each one has their own unique artifact and you can take them to some archaeologist character who examines it and it reveals some kind of lore about the world, and you get something cool for every 10 you collect, or for completing a set, like an upgrade to a weapon or something. They could also make it like the secret dungeon in Link's Awakening DX, where you find something like the tunic upgrades from that game, or upgrades to your items. Also, if the game has a crafting system (and I think it will), then some really rare crafting materials could be found in these mini-dungeons.

As for the four main dungeons, I want them to be two or three times as long a typical Zelda dungeon. I want them to feel like true trials of endurance and wit. They could even make it so that you can't actually beat them without having certain items or resources, so rather than it being a case of "this is the boomerang dungeon, now this is the hookshot dungeon, etc", you need to take initiative when going in blind and just gather as many tools as you can in the world and from the mini-dungeons, in hopes that you have what you need to explore it fully. And of course there could be a way to warp in and out of the big dungeons if you hit a dead end, similar to Oocoo in Twilight Princess.

I essentially think this idea has the potential to embody a real sense of adventure, but it depends on how they go about it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's Normal type and the Ability is a new one which makes it immune to status effects except for Sleep.
Yo, what the hell, that's broken as ****, like, the literal opposite of Insomnia
It's probably going to get some useless ability when it evolves though, could be a lifesaver earlygame though
What about our beloved puppy? What ability does he get?

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Top 10 Kirby abilities in no particular order...

Hammer
Mirror
Plasma/Spark (post RtDL)
Archer (does Camouflage still grant full invuln in Arena?)
Ninja (apart from SqSq's version - though I wish the walking on water and flame jutsu could come back in some form)
Fighter
Cutter
Sword
Doctor (easily my fave of the three new in PR)
Smash (Bros.)

---

I was under the impression that Tornado is only really broken in SqSq (always favoured using it over Triple Star for bosses)

---

Also Robobot is amazing even though I've only cleared up to 5-2

For those of you who play Kirby Team Clash a bit, a few questions (trying to grind out plats tho I still only have silver on the final final boss but I was underlevelled then and got killed three times - thanks allies reviving me):
- I'm trying to work out under what conditions does Time Beam cause a time stop rather than a time slow? The couple of times I've seen time stop appeared to me to be full charge at PB range or hitting a full charge when the enemy is mid certain attacks? (Can't say with accuracy for either)
- Does full charge Hero's Spin do more overall damage than full charge Hammer Flip against single targets?

Burruni

Smash Hero
That is supposed to be an orang-utan? >_>
I guess I was misleading as Darumaka is based on the doll.

The Koala Pokémon is good, although with an ability like that I expect it to have a drawback, like having very low speed.

And Rock Dog is pretty unique.
Well.
It's where the "tan" in his name comes from.
And the Zen mode is based on the simian thing of "See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil."
They kinda just blended the two together.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yo, what the hell, that's broken as ****, like, the literal opposite of Insomnia
It's probably going to get some useless ability when it evolves though, could be a lifesaver earlygame though
What about our beloved puppy? What ability does he get?
Our rock type puppy gets Keen Eye or Vital Spirit...

Burruni

Smash Hero
I guess that's... kinda disppointing tbh

Ar-see-us is obviously the only correct one, who would ever call it "Ar-kay-us"? That's just dumb
A) Derrik from GameXplain
2) Ar-kay-us coming from the root of Arch- such as Archeology and Archeic, referring to how far back its powers come? And Arc-ay-us being.. well, focusing on the Arc, or should I say, Ark aspect of its divinity.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I guess that's... kinda disppointing tbh

Ar-see-us is obviously the only correct one, who would ever call it "Ar-kay-us"? That's just dumb
Vital Spirit's decent since it prevents sleep....so in a way its the literal opposite of Nekkoala's ability...Keen Eye prevents accuracy loss so they're not too bad...not new but not bad...

I've always pronounced it Ark-ee-us...sounds better to me and it ties into the arches and words like 'arcane' or 'archaic' or 'ark'...but not pronounced with a 'ay' sound in its name...

I always find it weird when people say 'Arse'-eus...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Man, listening to BrainScrathComms' Pre-E3 Discussion is reminding me how much I am just ambivalent to E3 this year.

I will still watch the Sony and Microsoft conferences since they usually have SOMETHING that piques my interest. Sony's conference was good last year but I doubt they will have it that good again this year because you rarely get two particularly good conferences in a row from the same company, though I still am interested in watching. I will also put the Ubisoft conference on in the background in the vague hope we get a new Rayman or BG&E2 (though I'm definitely not confident on the former since Ubisoft Casablanca just closed down), plus some "so bad it's funny" moments usually happen at it.

And then I'll tune in for Zelda but that's the only Nintendo thing I care about unless they are keeping something secret, which I very much doubt they are.

I MIGHT watch the Square Enix thing for Kingdom Hearts 2.8, but the problem there is that if they primarily show Dream Drop Distance, I already know the gist of what the game is like from playing the 3DS demo, and I also don't want to spoil too much. If they are primarily showing 0.2: Birth By Sleep, I kinda feel like I shouldn't watch it since that is going to be a very short game and I don't want to spoil it.

So yeah, it's gonna be a really awkward E3 this year.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Seriously man, life is so unfair.
**** 2016 and this noise.
:( I didn't know her, but reading happened to her is utterly saddening and painful, she didn't deserved such fate, she was young and innocent, doing what she loved. I hope they find the ******* that did that to her. My deepest condolences.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom