• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well one of the leakers did say everything was ready to go and they figured due to what the other person said they were simply holding it back, so maybe they're just holding it there until January. :troll:
Given some of the dumb things Nintendo's done in the past, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Wonder how many script kiddies are trying to brute force Nintendo's Youtube password right now to find out.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I should've started this discussion a few days ago, but I finally have some time to do it.

With the recent Sun and Moon footage from the last weekend, we now know there will be 7 trials.

Now, remember that promo trailer that can be found in the demo? It revealed several more Trial Captains (or at the very least they appear to look like Trial Captains). They are as follows:

Because we now know there will be 7 Trials and 5 Trial Captains have already been revealed, this means two of them are the remaining Trial Captains and one of them is another Kahuna.

That said, of the three individuals shown in the promo trial, who do you think are the remaining Trial Captains, and which do you think is the Kahuna?

I think both girls are the remaining Trial Captains while the bearded man is the Kahuna. Something about that man just screams "I've been battling for years, kid." I'm willing to bet he is the Kahuna of the fourth island since he appears in that boat town that is found there. As for the two girls, they don't look as experienced he is, but they look like the kind of people that would give the player a trial to do.

Now for the second question I want to ask everyone (this one might be rather late though; I don't remember if it was discussed already): What types do you think these trainers will specialize in?

I'm betting the girl with the Mudsdale will specialize in Ground-types. The Pokemon with her already gives a big clue.

For the bearded man, this one was a tough call. He looks like the kind of person that has knowledge about the sea, but we already have a Water-type Trial Captain. I thought Steel-type could fit him because he is found in that boat town, and the boats there are all made from metal. Now, however, I'm thinking he could be the Flying-type Kahuna. The Pelipper is one clue, and his image also looks like someone who comes from the military. Perhaps he has experience with aircrafts, which could fit well for a Flying-type theme. More specifically, maybe he was working for some kind of aircraft carrier in the middle of the ocean? He looks like that kind of guy.

I think the purple-haired girl is either a Ghost-type or a Poison-type Trial Captain. For the Ghost-type possibility, she wears a long dress, which reminds me of sheet-covered ghosts. That same dress is also colored black and has various patches on it, which adds a bit of a spooky factor. Additionally, she has purple-hair, which fits the common color for Ghost-types. As for the Poison-type theory, purple is associated with that type as well. I also noticed her hair resembles that leaked Pokemon from the TCG box about a week ago, and that Pokemon looked like a Poison-type.
Pelipper man and Mudsdale girl seem to be Kahunas

But ghost girl is definitely a trial captain

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I should've started this discussion a few days ago, but I finally have some time to do it.

With the recent Sun and Moon footage from the last weekend, we now know there will be 7 trials.

Now, remember that promo trailer that can be found in the demo? It revealed several more Trial Captains (or at the very least they appear to look like Trial Captains). They are as follows:

Because we now know there will be 7 Trials and 5 Trial Captains have already been revealed, this means two of them are the remaining Trial Captains and one of them is another Kahuna.

That said, of the three individuals shown in the promo trial, who do you think are the remaining Trial Captains, and which do you think is the Kahuna?

I think both girls are the remaining Trial Captains while the bearded man is the Kahuna. Something about that man just screams "I've been battling for years, kid." I'm willing to bet he is the Kahuna of the fourth island since he appears in that boat town that is found there. As for the two girls, they don't look as experienced he is, but they look like the kind of people that would give the player a trial to do.

Now for the second question I want to ask everyone (this one might be rather late though; I don't remember if it was discussed already): What types do you think these trainers will specialize in?

I'm betting the girl with the Mudsdale will specialize in Ground-types. The Pokemon with her already gives a big clue.

For the bearded man, this one was a tough call. He looks like the kind of person that has knowledge about the sea, but we already have a Water-type Trial Captain. I thought Steel-type could fit him because he is found in that boat town, and the boats there are all made from metal. Now, however, I'm thinking he could be the Flying-type Kahuna. The Pelipper is one clue, and his image also looks like someone who comes from the military. Perhaps he has experience with aircrafts, which could fit well for a Flying-type theme. More specifically, maybe he was working for some kind of aircraft carrier in the middle of the ocean? He looks like that kind of guy.

I think the purple-haired girl is either a Ghost-type or a Poison-type Trial Captain. For the Ghost-type possibility, she wears a long dress, which reminds me of sheet-covered ghosts. That same dress is also colored black and has various patches on it, which adds a bit of a spooky factor. Additionally, she has purple-hair, which fits the common color for Ghost-types. As for the Poison-type theory, purple is associated with that type as well. I also noticed her hair resembles that leaked Pokemon from the TCG box about a week ago, and that Pokemon looked like a Poison-type.
Ghost girls is the only on with the trial captain symbol on her head. I have to agree with GX that Peliper guy is the Flying Kahuna, and the other girl either isn't a captain or she's the fourth island Kahuna who greets you there.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Kirby Planet Robobot: ****ing Pissed Edition

Rated AO for Massive Salt, Extreme Violence, and Strong Language.
Azure....you want to make me not want to sleep again, right? O_O Because that is what your new avi is causing....way more than Aussie's did.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

Chrono.

Glad it's not an actual model, so I looked.

Calling Khalii the island Champion. Although they look like a female Corless.
It's hard to tell, especially with regular trainers getting models this time around.

It could be an important character, it could also just be your average joe shmoe.

On the other hand, the general silhouette resembles one of the leaked UBs.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
This baffles me too. I've had several tests this year, some of which I study for and most where I don't. Often times, if I don't study I get a good grade. Im guessing that I have already learned the material by that point and don't feel the need to study. However, if I do have to study, then it's obvious I don't know what to do. If I can't learn it in class, then how am I supposed to learn it by myself? That's how I see my situation.
well most studying is independent.

Ik how you feel I failed a lot this year as well but not as hard at least......
Something must be working but Ifeel i must study 10 hrs a day to catch up on last years stuff and do good on this years stuff.

fml.

can't I just skip to uni. my course can be done without ever doing the subject anyway and I am. (economics)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just started Pokémon White.

Beat Lenora and took back the Dragonite Skull. Not too much else to say other then I do like that they streamlined the battle mechanics and text as it makes getting through tutorial sessions quicker and makes the battles more fun to play through.

Who would you suggest between Petilil and Sewaddle?

Sun Moon datamine spoilers.

Wow I'm pretty behind this.

A new character was found.

Hmm, while it's not confirmed, the design does look like a character of importance at first glance since it doesn't seem like an attire a usual regular trainer would wear, with the potential UB connection that you said also being a hint to that possibility.

I'm thinking they're a Champion or Kahuna as they seem to give off that vibe, but I could easily be wrong there.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
well most studying is independent.

Ik how you feel I failed a lot this year as well but not as hard at least......
Something must be working but Ifeel i must study 10 hrs a day to catch up on last years stuff and do good on this years stuff.

fml.

can't I just skip to uni. my course can be done without ever doing the subject anyway and I am. (economics)
I hate failing tests. I fall into a depression everytime because I always try hard but then I fail and I like "Did it really matter if I try if Im going to fail"

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If there were any Smash videos to surprise to, it would've been uploaded closer to the Switch's release (aka 2017) due to Nintendo having no more Switch news this year.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Beat Lenora and took back the Dragonite Skull. Not too much else to say other then I do like that they streamlined the battle mechanics and text as it makes getting through tutorial sessions quicker and makes the battles more fun to play through.

Hmm, while it's not confirmed, the design does look like a character of importance at first glance since it doesn't seem like an attire a usual regular trainer would wear, with the potential UB connection that you said also being a hint to that possibility.

I'm thinking they're a Champion or Kahuna as they seem to give off that vibe, but I could easily be wrong there.
Petil is usually better when evolved.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Sewaddle may have huge weaknesses to Fire and Flying but Leavanny was a solid member in my Black playthrough...
Although I think Lilligant is also both a great and underrated pokemon...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My adventure continues.
I made my way through the dividing route to Violet City, catching some Pokémon, including Bellsprout, who I traded for Rocky the Onix. I also caught an Adament Rattata who has been pulling her weight for my team so far. Entering Violet City, I first traded Bellsprout, then I healed my Pokémon at the Pokémon Center and went down from the city to the small patch of grass where Mareep thrive. I caught four but only two I kept. A female for future breeding and a Bold Mareep. I entered Bellsprout Tower and trained Mareep to learn Thundershock. We then defeated the elder of the tower, obtaining the TM Flash.

Using Escape Rope to quick-exit the tower, I headed to the Pokémon Center to heal my Pokémon afterwards and proceeded to the Gym. Mareep swept aside the first two trainers in order to gain EXP to level up. Then our battle with Falkner began. This can be a difficult battle if you don't prepare for his Pidgeotto, however I did, and Mareep took the win, solo'ing the entire gym by himself. We get the badge and TM Roost. Exiting the gym, the Professor calls us to inform us to hold onto the egg. This is where I'll stop to see if I can quick hatch it. Praying its Modest. I'd like to use Togetic this time around, which I normally don't. May have to quicksave to reroll for nature (which is done by saving BEFORE you get the egg at this time, which I have). My next update will probably be tomorrow. I don't know how long this'll take but we'll see. I also need to backtrack to catch Hoothoot.

Team|Level:
:155: - 11
:179:- 13
:019: - 12
Egg - 0

D

Deleted member

But have you see the AB Groupe dub (a.k.a. "Big Green Dub") of DBZ?:

Yes, this is an OFFICIAL dub for the anime! :p
On the flip side, Japanese have bad dubs, too!

Also, listen to this glasses girl talk. Dear god.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Doesn't Nintendo have an investor's meeting this week?

What are the chances of some new Switch info leaking from that?

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Doesn't Nintendo have an investor's meeting this week?

What are the chances of some new Switch info leaking from that?
I imagine new tidbits will make their way out, but nothing monumental. Usually there's one or two interesting things said at these meetings and that's about it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So it may look like the NES Classic Edition may have some competition. Releasing one day before the NES mini is Retro-Bit Generations.

Here are the deets on it:
  • Over 90 games included
  • $60 (same price as the NES Classic Edition)
  • Companies on board: Capcom, Data East, Irem, Jeleco
  • Covers multiple platforms (including Game Boy)
  • Both AV & HDMI outputs supported
  • Save state support
But my biggest question: How's the emulation quality and hardware quality (both of which made the SEGA Genesis Classic console not worth the pile of **** it was made of)?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So it may look like the NES Classic Edition may have some competition. Releasing one day before the NES mini is Retro-Bit Generations.

• Over 90 games included
  • Save state support
But my biggest question: How's the emulation quality and hardware quality (both of which made the SEGA Genesis Classic console not worth the pile of **** it was made of)?
Super 3D Noah's Ark

I'm not impressed with it's game titles, only a couple are good games

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I felt the thread needed more Hatbox Ghost.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Gosh the online in Tri Force Heroes is such a ghost town.... :/

I'm not expecting much from Nintendo in regards to the Switch until next year though....

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Gosh the online in Tri Force Heroes is such a ghost town.... :/

I'm not expecting much from Nintendo in regards to the Switch until next year though....
Just play with the Doppels. It's just as fun and you don't have to worry about someone throwing you into the abyss.
(It also means you get to hack into Arrghus more, and that's one of my favorite things about TFH).

Chrono.

• Over 90 games included
  • Save state support
A lot of these games are rubbish.

But at least they included the good GnG game.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just play with the Doppels. It's just as fun and you don't have to worry about someone throwing you into the abyss.
(It also means you get to hack into Arrghus more, and that's one of my favorite things about TFH).
I suppose so, I do have one other guy wanting to play with me though, we're just waiting for the third player.
Just want to do the den of trials since I haven't tried that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom