• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Minor Update.
Obtained the Mystery Egg and proceeded back to New Bark Town Defeated my rival, Baron, with relative ease. Cyndaquil is level 9, so he'll tear through all opposition until we get to the gym. Have plans to catch and train Mareep beforehand.
One thing I want to note was the Prize Money Saving system. Your mom in HGSS can save a portion of your prize money as well as bank it. Using this system you can stash away Prize money for when you're saving up for items. While not at all needed, I hope Sun/Moon has some form of banking system.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm doing Alpha Sapphire

Should I catch :227: or
I personally prefer Skarmory over Altaria...

But it depends on your team...
Skarmory gets Shadow Claw and Night Slash in addition to flying and Steel type moves...
Altaria does get some decent coverage including Earthquake as well as Dragon type moves...
can't remember how to get Altarionite and whether its post-game or not....

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Skarmory gets Shadow Claw and Night Slash in addition to flying and Steel type moves...
Altaria does get some decent coverage including Earthquake as well as Dragon type moves...
You get it from achieving master in contests I believe.

Which is pretty easy to do. Mega altarlia is pretty good as well.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Swablu is the only answer. :D
Skarmory.
Altaria's medicore at best and most of the biggest threats of Hoenn are physical.
Norman's Slaking, Steven's Metagross, etc.

So Skarmory then?

Well my team is pretty much simple:

Marshtomp, Roselia, Mightyena and Machop.

So Skarmory might have some advantages like against Eliza & Tate and Wallace. The problem is finding the sixth memeber of my team

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Finished FF1 (Origins) \o/

Not sure if I'm ready to start 2 yet or not, but I'll get to it at some point.

Question to any FF fans in here: what are the pros/cons of each version of FF4, and which version would you personally reccomend? (barring the DS remake and its derivatives)

Chrono.

Someone found that a new private video was posted on Smash's YT playlist.

Oh boy here it comes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Show the guy in Lillycove outside the fan club an Altaria. Pretty sure that's it.

D

Deleted member

Show the guy in Lillycove outside the fan club an Altaria. Pretty sure that's it.
Can confirm.
I know this since I did it in my first playthrough (I haven't used Altaria but I did trade my Shiny one from my Y)

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So Skarmory then?

Well my team is pretty much simple:

Marshtomp, Roselia, Mightyena and Machop.

So Skarmory might have some advantages like against Eliza & Tate and Wallace. The problem is finding the sixth memeber of my team
You only need Surf against Tate & Liza they are laughably easy in this game...

But it seems Skarmory is the better choice regardless as it counters Psychic and Fairy types...A Gardevoir takes out most of your team...
Altaria gives you another mon weak against fairies...although Skarmory is a second mon weak against fire though Marshtomp and Machop can handle those effectively...

Chrono.

EDit are you ****ing kidding me ak?
:061:

Finished FF1 (Origins) \o/

Not sure if I'm ready to start 2 yet or not, but I'll get to it at some point.

Question to any FF fans in here: what are the pros/cons of each version of FF4, and which version would you personally reccomend? (barring the DS remake and its derivatives)
The PSP version is the best one.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You only need Surf against Tate & Liza they are laughably easy in this game...

But it seems Skarmory is the better choice regardless as it counters Psychic and Fairy types...A Gardevoir takes out most of your team...
Altaria gives you another mon weak against fairies...although Skarmory is a second mon weak against fire though Marshtomp and Machop can handle those effectively...
But the Mega form gets Dragon immunity, making Drake really easy. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
character reveal?
amiibo announcement? (finally)
random maintenance?

Who knows
We won't get anything close to a hint of Smash Switch until January so amiibos are my best guess. Maybe they got something worked out with Square.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
character reveal?
random maintenance?

Who knows
IIRC their was something similar to this that happened last year and it turned out to be nothing. Not to be the guy that downplays everything and all but still.

D

Deleted member

Yeh.

Kind of a suck-ish move both competion-wise and solo-wise, heh ?
Foul Play is a great move
95BP and it calculates with the Atk stat of your opponent?
As long as the Pokemon in question doesn't have a Dark resistance, it can potentially OHKO a physical sweeper
character reveal?
random maintenance?

Who knows
How to implode the entire Smash fanbase in one simple step with Mash Potato Samurai

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
But the Mega form gets Dragon immunity, making Drake really easy. :p
Ice Beam Mega Swampert devours dragons...Hoenn dragons especially are vulnerable to Ice types...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
We won't get anything close to a hint of Smash Switch until January so amiibos are my best guess. Maybe they got something worked out with Square.
Well one of the leakers did say everything was ready to go and they figured due to what the other person said they were simply holding it back, so maybe they're just holding it there until January. :troll:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What if the video for Smash is for the amiibos, but it slyly shows them in action on the switch? Where it's barely noticeable. Hence the wait.

At the end, they are low key hit by ice and frozen. Leading us to believe it's Mr Freeze, but it actually ends up being Ice Climbers.

Chrono.

Apparently they post the amiibo videos away from the Smash playlist.

I still think it's probably an old trailer or something.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What if the video for Smash is for the amiibos, but it slyly shows them in action on the switch? Where it's barely noticeable. Hence the wait.

At the end, they are low key hit by ice and frozen. Leading us to believe it's Mr Freeze, but it actually ends up being Ice Climbers.
Because Mr. Freeze would make more sense than Ice Climbers

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Because Mr. Freeze would make more sense than Ice Climbers
Since I believe there's a mix up here. I'm talking about the ice block thing. I thought it was called that.

And Of course you wouldn't see the Ice Climbers either.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Also apparently the video that was privated was from last December. It was a commercial promoting the final 3 DLC characters. Looks like it's nothing though i'm curious as to why Nintendo suddenly made that video private.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160113010654/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mAiI-u2au4

Weren't you the one that didn't want them to return? Or maybe I have you mistaken for another person here.
I did mention how I didn't want them as a duo. They should be separate characters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lucario, actually. :p
Damn, down two for two lol.
I wonder if playing this game I really want will help me feel less dumb about failing

Thats some extream straw grabbing, lol
Lol it was a joke.
Also apparently the video that was privated was from last December. It was a commercial promoting the final 3 DLC characters. Looks like it's nothing though i'm curious as to why Nintendo suddenly made that video private.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160113010654/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mAiI-u2au4

Weren't you the one that didn't want them to return? Or maybe I have you mistaken for another person here.
More DLC confirmed
:troll:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I should've started this discussion a few days ago, but I finally have some time to do it.

With the recent Sun and Moon footage from the last weekend, we now know there will be 7 trials.

Now, remember that promo trailer that can be found in the demo? It revealed several more Trial Captains (or at the very least they appear to look like Trial Captains). They are as follows:

Because we now know there will be 7 Trials and 5 Trial Captains have already been revealed, this means two of them are the remaining Trial Captains and one of them is another Kahuna.

That said, of the three individuals shown in the promo trial, who do you think are the remaining Trial Captains, and which do you think is the Kahuna?

I think both girls are the remaining Trial Captains while the bearded man is the Kahuna. Something about that man just screams "I've been battling for years, kid." I'm willing to bet he is the Kahuna of the fourth island since he appears in that boat town that is found there. As for the two girls, they don't look as experienced he is, but they look like the kind of people that would give the player a trial to do.

Now for the second question I want to ask everyone (this one might be rather late though; I don't remember if it was discussed already): What types do you think these trainers will specialize in?

I'm betting the girl with the Mudsdale will specialize in Ground-types. The Pokemon with her already gives a big clue.

For the bearded man, this one was a tough call. He looks like the kind of person that has knowledge about the sea, but we already have a Water-type Trial Captain. I thought Steel-type could fit him because he is found in that boat town, and the boats there are all made from metal. Now, however, I'm thinking he could be the Flying-type Kahuna. The Pelipper is one clue, and his image also looks like someone who comes from the military. Perhaps he has experience with aircrafts, which could fit well for a Flying-type theme. More specifically, maybe he was working for some kind of aircraft carrier in the middle of the ocean? He looks like that kind of guy.

I think the purple-haired girl is either a Ghost-type or a Poison-type Trial Captain. For the Ghost-type possibility, she wears a long dress, which reminds me of sheet-covered ghosts. That same dress is also colored black and has various patches on it, which adds a bit of a spooky factor. Additionally, she has purple-hair, which fits the common color for Ghost-types. As for the Poison-type theory, purple is associated with that type as well. I also noticed her hair resembles that leaked Pokemon from the TCG box about a week ago, and that Pokemon looked like a Poison-type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom