• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I found a Switch base image for mock-ups on Reddit and decided to fill-erase some white sections and pop a Smash Bros Wii U image I had taken from my Wii U SD card into it for fun.

It turns out the image fits the screen almost EXACTLY.

For some reason this seems kinda notable to me, but I can't quite put my finger on why. It just seems like the kind of thing that's probably important somehow. I mean, the Smash 3DS image I have likely wouldn't fit like this because the sides are shorter.

In other news, I have a weird feeling like I haven't enjoyed looking at a picture of a video game system and thinking about getting it. . .and sketching fanart. . .this much since the original DS which got me into Nintendo gaming in the first place. That's probably a really good sign for how much I'm going to enjoy this thing, or at the very least how good opening that box is going to be on release day.

What makes it even better is that the Switch will probably be the first video game system I get Day 1, one way or another.

I'll finally be able to experience an entire gen from start to finish instead of jumping in late, and judging by the likely launch titles compared to past systems this is probably the best gen to do it with, too.

I just wish there was more material ripe for speculation. Granted, I could probably come up with random ideas for what could happen or how things could work off the top of my head, but I don't know where I could go that anyone would actually care about listening to that. . .I kinda want to get on my hype train despite the fact that we likely won't see any more news until at least the second week of January, but hype trains are no good when they're empty and most folks seem content to just talk about the tiny bit that's in front of them and gradually settle into cynicism instead of hype.

Last edited:

Soul.

Doesn't Nintendo have an investor's meeting this week?

What are the chances of some new Switch info leaking from that?
Q2 Earnings Release is in a few hours.

If there is a briefing they'll probably just talk about the platform's reveal.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
None of the trainers stick out to me because they are just randos really
One of the trainers in the Frost Cavern in XY shares my name, something I'm very happy about. I'm also moderately happy about the pokemon he uses.
Aside from that I do like to observe the designs for some of the trainer.s

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
1. He's first seen as glimpses when Ancient One does the whole Dimension Trip thing (amazing sequence) then in the third act he's just a giant head (played by Cumberbatch too apparently). Wise choice considering they can easily use him in future films in place of Thanos and giving him a body later on can be that "Oh ****!" moment like when Thanos says "I'll do it myself"

2. Didn't notice any tentacles, I think that's just a case of LEGO having some free reign.

3. Didn't announce any by name, it's all hand gestures.

Oh man, Dormammu sounds awesome! Kinda Eldritchy by your description.

Also good to know. I was curious if it was Giant Man v2. :p

And now I'll continue to wonder if Bolts of Balthaak really IS pronounced "Bolts of Ballsack but with a lisp." :(

Also one more question. I heard a rumor that Nicodemus West was working at the same hospital as Stephen. Do you remember that name ever coming up?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So I found a Switch base image for mock-ups on Reddit and decided to fill-erase some white sections and pop a Smash Bros Wii U image I had taken from my Wii U SD card into it for fun.

It turns out the image fits the screen almost EXACTLY.

For some reason this seems kinda notable to me, but I can't quite put my finger on why. It just seems like the kind of thing that's probably important somehow. I mean, the Smash 3DS image I have likely wouldn't fit like this because the sides are shorter.
I doubt there's anything particularly notable about that. It's just that the aspect ratios match up, so any Wii U image ought to fit more or less exactly on the Switch's screen because they're both 16:9. The 3DS is 15:9 instead, so there'd be some empty space to the left and right.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Also one more question. I heard a rumor that Nicodemus West was working at the same hospital as Stephen. Do you remember that name ever coming up?
He's in it, played by Michael Stuhlbarg but I don't recall him too much, he was really minor.

Oh and for Stan's cameo look at what he's reading.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I doubt there's anything particularly notable about that. It's just that the aspect ratios match up, so any Wii U image ought to fit more or less exactly on the Switch's screen because they're both 16:9. The 3DS is 15:9 instead, so there'd be some empty space to the left and right.
Well I suppose. I guess the thought I had in my head was that it would make it easier for Wii U games to be brought over, but I suppose it probably wouldn't be too hard to mess with the camera if it wasn't at the same aspect ratio.

Makes superimposing Wii U images work pretty nicely, at least.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Apparently in addition to an ace trainer, there's also a schoolkid who shares my name, though I approve less of his two pokemon.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I'm trying to think up the most ridiculous characters for my OC universe.

They need to be ridiculouser.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Oh here's a video of a kid reacting to the Nintendo Switch instead of an adult man for a change. Marked it at the spot where the kid being shown instead of the situation being explained actually starts.

I like how genuine this feels.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
He's in it, played by Michael Stuhlbarg but I don't recall him too much, he was really minor.

Oh and for Stan's cameo look at what he's reading.

Oh man, that's great. I really hope that means they're setting up The Oath. All the major characters are in play now.

And will do!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Oh here's a video of a kid reacting to the Nintendo Switch instead of an adult man for a change. Marked it at the spot where the kid being shown instead of the situation being explained actually starts.

I like how genuine this feels.
Makes me think how it would have been like if Nintendo Directs were a thing a decade earlier then they were. My kid self would have loved that.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Oh man, that's great. I really hope that means they're setting up The Oath. All the major characters are in play now.

And will do!
The Oath would be pretty good, plus the Sherlock reference would be even better.
I can see it happening down the line for a more personal story, maybe after Dormammu is dealt with properly so it would have more weight to it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Evee and herdier, if bulbapedia is right? One of the two in the stoutland line.
Eevee ia alright, but I've never, ever been a fan of the stoutland line.
Stoutland is cool though. I'd love to be a child in that universe to be able to ride around on it like a baller.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
There seems to be a Psychic trainer that shares my name in G6.. but his only Pokemon is a Solosis.. :ohwell:

I don't know any others though..

Burruni

Smash Hero
My name gives me the big bad of Ranger 2.

**** all of you I get to be a super villain and control almost ALL of a region's pokemon at once.

My real name has been in Pokémon since day one.

Hint: ____ Mother ****ing Oak
SAMUEL!

And the kid is STILL nonethewiser.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Oath would be pretty good, plus the Sherlock reference would be even better.
I can see it happening down the line for a more personal story, maybe after Dormammu is dealt with properly so it would have more weight to it.

Definitely. It helps too that Wong is gonna be in Infinity War, according to a recent report, so he'd get more screen time before the bombshell dropped in The Oath.

I'm thinking Strange's inevitable showdown with Mordo and Dormammu will be the closing film of his trilogy, where the stakes would be at their highest and they get more development. Basically what I want for Spider-Man's inevitable face off with Green Goblin too. :p

I'm just excited for everything that can happen in future Doctor Strange films now. The Oath, Shuma Gorath, Nightmare, the showdown with Mordo and Dormammu...what a time to be alive.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Oh hey it's that metal baby, baby lady baby metal guy. I don't remember his name. Embarrass

Gimme a sec.

Yeah... here it is.

Glorious.
Already 30 seconds in I'm like "Eh?"
The music itself though I like.

My name is pretty common so im sure there must be a few pokemon trainers with my name. . .of course I never read the names so I would have never noticed them :p

:061:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
According to Google, I'm both a Cyclist who had a Zubat in Diamond and Pearl (but Shinx in Platinum), and an Ace Trainer from HGSS who had a Pidgeot and an Electabuzz.

So I guess my full NPC team is Pidgeot, Electivire, Luxray, and Crobat. :p

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Doesn't really seem anyone cares about my HG play through so I'll just update my team per badge. And I just got the second one. So here they are.
Pokémon|Level
:156:-17
:180:-17
:019:-17
:074:-3 (HMon)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Definitely. It helps too that Wong is gonna be in Infinity War, according to a recent report, so he'd get more screen time before the bombshell dropped in The Oath.

I'm thinking Strange's inevitable showdown with Mordo and Dormammu will be the closing film of his trilogy, where the stakes would be at their highest and they get more development. Basically what I want for Spider-Man's inevitable face off with Green Goblin too. :p

I'm just excited for everything that can happen in future Doctor Strange films now. The Oath, Shuma Gorath, Nightmare, the showdown with Mordo and Dormammu...what a time to be alive.
And if Marvel get the F4 rights back then we can have Strange and Dr Doom go to Mephisto.
Otherwise Strange can get Mephisto via Ghost Rider in addition to Nightmare whilst bringing in Blade can also bring Dracula along.

Though World War Hulk is something that I still really want to see at some point even if it's just for the sake of seeing the Hulk's true power and destructiveness on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom