• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Speaking of Pac-Man and Halloween, might as well share one of my favorite YouTube videos. Even had a scene of it in my signature for a while.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
They actually do in Pac-Man 256! They brought back the green one too.

Sue was made purple after being orange in Ms. Pac-Man. Now she goes in a row and purposely blocks your path.
Funky is the green ghost that travels in a group back and forth.
Spunky is the gray one that sleeps until you get close to him, he gets a speed boost, and then falls back to sleep.

They also made up a new one for that game, Glitchy, which is based on the 256 glitch and dissolves into nothingness over time. Spooky.
Too bad the yellow devil still reverts us to a more palatable form despite our abilities...

It's a hard ghost life.
:p

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I don't know if my name is in a Pokemon game, but apparently I'm a character in the anime.

And I'm a maid. :laugh:
I remember her! She was one of the few girls in the entire Pokemon anime to have a crush on Brock!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
There seems to be a Psychic trainer that shares my name in G6.. but his only Pokemon is a Solosis.. :ohwell:

I don't know any others though..
I believe I know which trainer you are referring to, who also shares my name....

And this trainer also made a reference to DBZ after you defeat him, correct?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Too bad the yellow devil still reverts us to a more palatable form despite our abilities...

It's a hard ghost life.
The spectral world is one of many predators and prey.

I would guide you to your passage so that you could move on to your next life, but the boss says we're repurposing the spirits of the dead for troops now, so, uh. . .sucks to be you, I guess?

:troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait, they gave the names to the green and gray ghost from Pac-Mania
Yep! Funky and Spunky, respectively. It was so awesome seeing them be brought back.

It's a hard ghost life.
I really want there to be a relevant parody of It's a Hard Knock Life now. :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wait there is? That's amazing.

Actually thanks to you, I decided to look up the ghost and there are quite a few more, with this one being my favorite now.

His name is Kinky. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh he's from Pac-Man Arrangement.

He fuses with the other ghost and gives them new abilities

Blinky can do a Bullrush charge
Pinky can jump around the maze
Inky makes a clone of himself to catch you
And Clyde makes more pac-dots around the stage

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My first name is fairly common and unisex so I'm sure it's been used in Pokémon. Probably someone lame too knowing my luck.

''I see you as a young Meg Ryan myself."
''Thanks Dewey, with my luck they'll cast Tori Spelling."

Yep, he trains Shroomish apparently.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh look, there's another trainer, but he lost to Gary mother****ing Oak.

Son of a *****. That's my luck alright.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
No one in the games has my name yet. Shocking.

So just two gigantic losers from the anime for me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wasn't Clyde named Sue back in the days? I love me some Arcade Pacman
Clyde & Sue are two separate ghosts (though they move around the map the same way). Sue is a purple ghost made for Ms. Pac-Man (but incorrectly orange in that game).

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm a little bewildered by how many peeps are complaining about how small the Joy-con controllers are....

Do they not realize that the Joy-cons are not supposed to be big? The whole purpose behind them is portability and convenience...

They also make the Switch the first EVER portable console to allow multiplayer without the use of another console...If people really don't like it then they can lug around the Pro controller, which is definitely still an option but it's not nearly as convenient on the go...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My boss must realise that I'd never skip work if I'm the only morning person so he makes sure on his days I'm the lone morning crew.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
With so many ghosts invading the thread...

I think we need to call not only Luigi and Ms. Pacman, but both the male and female teams of Ghostbusters, those guys from that fake SyFy TV show, Dean and Sam Winchester, and an old priest and a young priest.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There probably is someone that shares my name in pokemon, but hell if I ever cared to find out

I actually really don't like it when I run into someone with my same name

Probably because in grade school I wasn't allowed to be called just by my first name, I had to be called by my first name and last initial because another student had my same name

And even though I was both older and had been in the school longer, that student got to be called by just his first name

I suppose I'll join the spooky avatars with Bravely Second's best job and best new character.

I mean who else would you expect to get rid of all these ghosts but an exorcist?

Speaking of Pac-Man and Halloween, might as well share one of my favorite YouTube videos. Even had a scene of it in my signature for a while.
Jerma <3

:061:

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Wait!

All this time, you had in your signature a part from a Jerma video that I didn't saw.

That explain why pac-man was so similar in the last Jerma rumble.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
With so many ghosts invading the thread...

I think we need to call not only Luigi and Ms. Pacman, but both the male and female teams of Ghostbusters, those guys from that fake SyFy TV show, Dean and Sam Winchester, and an old priest and a young priest.
I think Buffy and teh Sccoby gang have experience with ghosts.
And we should also call in Mystery Inc.

Btw, love the sig.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I believe I know which trainer you are referring to, who also shares my name....

And this trainer also made a reference to DBZ after you defeat him, correct?
Eeyup he made a DBZ reference :lol:though his Pokemon won't be achieving this power level any time soon :p

I'd change my avi to Pacman but I don't feel like switching back and forth so I'll be sticking with Nightmare Moon :lol:for now :lol:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There probably is someone that shares my name in pokemon, but hell if I ever cared to find out

Probably because in grade school I wasn't allowed to be called just by my first name, I had to be called by my first name and last initial because another student had my same name

And even though I was both older and had been in the school longer, that student got to be called by just his first name
I understand your pain.

So when I run into people with my same name that are male? I simply assimilate them into my body and move along with life effectively erasing them from existence.

Bonus points if they're cuter and hotter than me. Makes me even more unstoppable!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Plenty of Random NPC trainers share my name though notable Pokemon were Alakazam, Deino and Metang from what I saw.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think Buffy and teh Sccoby gang have experience with ghosts.
And we should also call in Mystery Inc.

Btw, love the sig.
Buffy does, but I didn't think of her team simply because ghosts were so seldomly used in her universe.

Mystery Inc is a good call though.

D

Deleted member

I changed by avatar back since I'm certain that most, if not all people I've met here associate me with Link.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

In my high school, kids are allowed to come in during what would be 8th grade, we call it prep year, short for preparatory, before they're freshmen.
My prep year there was an asian kid who had the same name as me. I was super anti-social at the time, and he was one of the popular kids.
As soon as I found out he wouldn't be coming back due to having moved the next year, I went to a quiet place where no one would hear or find me, and thanked God that the nightmare of being mistaken for the popular kid was finally over.
People didn't address us differently, just called us by our first name, and made it difficult for me to be near people.
Having to go through that is one of the many, many things I don't like about that school year.
Buffy does, but I didn't think of her team simply because ghosts were so seldomly used in her universe.

Mystery Inc is a good call though.
Just wanted to include them since they provide the background info to help fight the ghosts.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I never had this issue...though I always found it rather awkward speaking with someone who shares my name...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom