• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I wouldn't really read too much into how the Starters could work.

If you take them all at face value, well of course Entermaid is gonna have the lowest chances and Beltigre the most.

But if we learned something from Smash 4 is that they'll make work whoever they want to make work.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know, despite the fact it goes against the whole, "impersonating Pikachu" thing, I'd really like to see Mimikyu get alternate costumes in future titles. Like how Pikachu got those Contest outfits.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just had crab and lobster buffet

I find it odd some people hate crab. It's taste is so sweet and delicious.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Silvally moveset!
Entrance: Destroys helmet to show it's true form
Jab: swipes with claw, swipes again and then headbutts foe
Ftilt: Swings his behind at the enemy, tail does the most damage
Utilt: stands on front legs and kicks the air
Dtilt: swipes head on the ground
Dash Attack: Hurls it's body to the opponent
Usmash: Stands on hind legs and swipes with head
Fsmash: Lunges forward with claws out
Dsmash: Grabs the remains of the helmet and bashes it on the ground, causing a slight shockwave by using the Fighting Memory
Nair: Spins in the air
Fair: Slashes with it's head, long range, the metallic part of it's head dunks enemies
Bair: Curls up before lashing out with hindlegs and tail
Uair: Bites upwards
Dair: Divebombs to the stage
Pummel: Sinks fangs into opponent
Fthrow: Tackles enemy, sending them flying
Bthrow: Uses Psychic Memory to fling the enemy backwards
Uthrow: Bites the leg of it's enemy before hurling them upwards with the Dark Memory
Dthrow: Lashes out with claws
B: Tri Attack: Shoots an orb of energy which randomly freezes, burns or stuns. You can tell which it does by Silvally's new Memory
Side B: Multi Attack: Pounces the enemy with claws out, Ghost is weaker but goes through shields, Ground is slower and covers less ground but has armour frames and Dragon sends Silvally flying, while slashing away. Pressing B with Ghost and Ground has Silvally attack prematurely
Up B: Bounce: Jumps very high with the Flying Memory and crashes to the ground with poison damage with the Poison Memory
Down B: Work Up: Silvally glows red before getting a boost to it's speed and offense, but after cooling down has those stats reduced
Final Smash: Thoughts of an old Memory: Silvally roars with such ferocity that anyone around it gets stunned, Silvally then actives all of it's Memory at once before using every Z Move at once, Hyper Quick Attack leaves afterimages which uses all other Z-Moves, before finally trapping everyone with Never Ending Nightmare and tackling them with all it's strength with the Fairy Z Move
Taunt 1: Silvally howls while cycling through multiple Memory
Taunt 2: Snarls
Taunt 3: Stands on hind legs before backflipping back to position

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, time for my Mimikyu moveset
Size and speed are about the same as Pikachu's

Special trait-Disguise: hits done to the "head" will be completely ignored and make it drop. While the "head" is down, hitboxes and damage will work as normal. Mimikyu takes 30 seconds to put it up again

Jab: slashes with right claw, then the left claw finishing with a rapid slashing of both
Side Tilt: quick horizontal slash in front of Mimikyu
Up Tilt: tilts the "head" forwards and backwards hitting opponents above it
Down Tilt: turns around and does a tail whip
Dash Attack: throws the "head" forward while stopping its run
Grab: extends its claw to grab opponents

Side Smash-Shadow Claw: charges a powerful slash in front of it, range is about 2.5 times Mimikyu's size
Up Smash-Night Shade: a shadowy image of Mimikyu appears out of Mimikyu hitting oppoents above it
Down Smash-Fairy Lock: summons two keys that stab into the ground behind and in front of Mimikyu

Neutral Air: lets out a Disarming Voice around it
Front Air: does a quick stab in front of it with its claw
Back Air: turns around and slashes behind it
Up Air: releases a purple wind upwards that deals little knockback but traps opponents as they take damage
Down Air: slashes below it in an arc. The hit in the middle of the arc spikes

Neutral Special-Curse: a nail appears in front of Mimikyu and stabs into the ground, hitting an opponent traps them. After being trapped, the opponnent will constantly take damage, however, Mimikyu will take 20% of initial damage. The trapping can be negated by shielding and the curse effect will last for 5 seconds.

Side Special-Shadow Sneak: a shadow appears in front of Mimikyu and will extend forward as long as the button is held, once released, various shadow hands will come from the ground and attack the area where the shadow ends.

Up Special-Phantom Force: Mimikyu disappears in a portal and reappears attacking in the direction inputted. While the move is very slow, it cannot be shielded.

Down Special-Protect: a barrier appears in front of Mimikyu that blocks any and all attacks and canmot be passed through. While holding it, Mimikyu cannot move. Mimikyu can hold Protect for as long as it wants but there'll be a cool off period equal to the time it was held.

Final Smash- Never-Ending Nightmare: a shasowy portal appears in front of Mimikyu trying to trap opponents into it, it'll then use the Ghost Z-Move

Abridged series aren't made to mock the original series, it's the exact opposite in fact, it's something done by fans of the series that want to pay tribute to it by parodying it
Yes I know, I am not saying that's the only point of a Abridged series. It's just that, when TeamFourStar do sometime those moment of "mocking" (By that, by having a clever joke on it. Like Piccolo point out to the Cooler Squad is like the previous "generic trio of the brute, the beautiful and the strange guy". The three completely miss the point and that make the scene funny!)
In TTG, when they are trying to parody, it's really not clever and sometime, even childish. (Like in that one episode where, a moment in the original series - tough, it's actually the movie in that case - is shown, and the actor try to parody the scene where Robin and Starfire kiss for the first time. But...Robin point out how awesome he is and point out that Starfire want to kiss him. I see what they were trying to do but...it just doesn't work. Like, I am rewatching the scene at the moment I am writing this, and it's just not really clever, it's just forced. And the sound when they are actually kissing? Erk, who find this funny?)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Summertime High School: A Young Man's Notes—How a New Exchange Student Like Myself Ran Into His Childhood Friend on the School Tour, Then for Some Reason Became Super-Popular with the Girls for His Daily Scoops on the School Photography Club Even Though He Only Takes Panty Shots, and What He Thinks as He Goes on Dates During His Summer of Island School Life.
And Japan wonders why their new-age men can't produce children with women?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, apparently, Tim Miller the director of Deadpool has stepped down from Deadpool 2. Something about casting and tonal differences between he and Ryan Reynolds. So, the movie is delayed, they lost there director and their visual studio, Hugh Jackman is leaving Wolverine, and the last X-Men movie didn't do so hot. So, kinda a rerun of The Amazing Spider-man 2??

X-Men MCU here we come!!

dream1ng

Smash Champion
I wouldn't really read too much into how the Starters could work.

If you take them all at face value, well of course Entermaid is gonna have the lowest chances and Beltigre the most.

But if we learned something from Smash 4 is that they'll make work whoever they want to make work.
From a purely fighting game perspective, yeah the wrestler would be the most logical fit. But I think in this case Sakurai would give extra credence to the owl due to its typing. I genuinely think the starter typing trifecta is something he'd be conscious of and try to accommodate if feasible, which it would be with this gen's grass starter.

It also can't hurt that the Rowlet line has been pretty well-received since first reveal.

That said, I'm not convinced we'll get a Gen VII Pokemon in Smash in the first place.

So, apparently, Tim Miller the director of Deadpool has stepped down from Deadpool 2. Something about casting and tonal differences between he and Ryan Reynolds. So, the movie is delayed, they lost there director and their visual studio, Hugh Jackman is leaving Wolverine, and the last X-Men movie didn't do so hot. So, kinda a rerun of The Amazing Spider-man 2??

X-Men MCU here we come!!
No shot in hell, the X-Men movies (especially Deadpool) still make a helluva lot of money. They're not going anywhere.

The Fantastic Four, on the other hand, I could see returning to Marvel in the next few years.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Entermaid sounds kinda.... dumb

kinda wish Ninty would give the offical names soon
Entermaid is a pun of "Entertainment" and "Mermaid," but yeah, I agree the name sounds kind of silly.

Another fake Pokedex named Popplio's final evolution "Sirene" which comes from the words "Siren" (what its based on) and "Serene" (its personality).

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

X-Men MCU here we come!!
Turns out the Tim Miller leaving was over the casting of Cable.
He wanted Kyle Chandler.
Kinda agree with Reynolds and Fox there, Chandler is a terrible choice for Cable.

They need to give the Fantastic 4 back so Doom can be done justice.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Don't own Left 4 Dead 1. So unless Swamp is playing Left 4 Dead 1 by playing L4D2 (which you can actually kind of do since all the L4D levels are free in 2) looks like im out
I'm pretty sure that's what we're doing, otherwise I wont be able to either. The vast majority of people have L4D2 because of all the free / 90% off sale days by now.
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei confirm pls?

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
I'mma toss in some things.
Regional Forms for all regions.
Basis: Gen 1-4 Mons can only adapt to 5-7 Regions and vice versa.
Kantonese Vanillite/lish/leuxe: Ice/Normal. Less physical attack for more speed. It's a one-two-three stack of Mochi Ice Cream on a stick. Abilities: Sticky Hold (HA: Thick Fat). Without colder terrains to live in, their bodies lost its harder coating and only the soft, almost gooey cores remained.
Johtoan Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist: Ghost/Fighting. Stats unchanged. Pumpkaboo's "bushy" top half looks more hardened, Gourgeist has a massive seal slapped on its forehead and its stop looks more like a Jiangshi's hat, color scheme is a lot more faded. Abilities: Guts (HA: Tough Claws). Though immigrated for good intentions, the playful and mischevious nature of these Pokemon became frowned upon by the people of Ecutreak after the tragedy of the burned tower. They used seals to restrict the Pokemon's energy, which turned their bodies hardened and rigid, which they took to in the form of learning martial arts.
Hoennite Sandygast/Pallosand: Rock/Ghost. More physical than special? Tombstones instead of sandcastles. Abilities: Rock Head (HA: Solid Rock). When the receeding shorelines of Lilycove drove these spirits out of their sandy forms, they began taking over the tombstones of nearby Mt. Pyre.
Sinnohsian Golette/Golurk: Ghost/Steel. Special instead of physical who is more designed around a torso cannon. Abilities: Mega Launcher. The ancient people of Sinnoh who built Golurk crafted them from the deposits on Iron Cannon, tasked to guard it from sea-bound invaders from a long range.
Unovan Chingling/Chimecho: Poison(/Fairy). Bulkier and slower, Chingling's ropes are a chain of "gel balls" sometimes used for shoe freshners, chimecho's chime looks like a pin tree air freshener. Abilities: Levitate (HA: Filter) Chimecho were brought to Unova to ward vengeful spirits as the nation was being rebuilt from the ancient dragon's damage. As culture grew industrial, they evolved to purify pollution out of the air.
Kalosian Murkrow/Honchkrow: Dark(/Fairy). Bulkier but FAR slower. Murkrow namely is just brown with a more crown-looking hat. Honchkrow is full peacock. It's basically Alolan Meowth/Persian all over again.
Alolan Bellossom: Grass/Fire. 30 atk 100 def, 115 sp.atk. Fringe of the dress is enflamed, smoke leaking from flowers, and a darker colorization. Abilities: Solar Power/Flame Body (HA: Chlorophyl). Under pressure of more dominant grass types in the region, Bellossom grew to channel the extreme sunlight of the region into a firey rage contrary to its petite and cute body. It is the primary reason Formantis and Lurantis became nocturnal.
Opinions?
Yes, I know some are more "thought out" than others.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Entermaid is a pun of "Entertainment" and "Mermaid," but yeah, I agree the name sounds kind of silly.

Another fake Pokedex named Popplio's final evolution "Sirene" which comes from the words "Siren" (what its based on) and "Serene" (its personality).
I would not consider it a pun. It's combining words, but it's not clever in any way

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not giving any of the stage 2 starters (or any Pokémon currently lacking official names) fan names due to how close we are from launch and from knowing everything.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm pretty sure that's what we're doing, otherwise I wont be able to either. The vast majority of people have L4D2 because of all the free / 90% off sale days by now.
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei confirm pls?
I got both so we can play either.

I mean,first time player here so I don't know stuff like that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really hope the Fantastic Four rights revert to Marvel soon. How fitting would it be for Phase Four?

Doom, Galactus, the Silver Surfer, Super Skrulls, Kang, and the First Family themselves.

Honestly I feel like I'm one of the few who actually likes Reed Richards, so that'd be even better if he came back. :p

oh so i GUESS i could play l4d. neat

also have been making a little moveset in the very little time i have while at work for beltigre and bow everyone is making pokemon movesets lol

:061:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Played a bit of Sonic Utopia and got kinda nauseous.

Fun game but it really ****s with my motion sickness so I doubt I'll ever touch it again.
The normal or official Sonic games give me motion sickness...so from what I can gather from this one is that I would faint in the first five minutes of playing it. >_> Hope you feel better.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I really hope the Fantastic Four rights revert to Marvel soon. How fitting would it be for Phase Four?

Doom, Galactus, the Silver Surfer, Super Skrulls, Kang, and the First Family themselves.

Honestly I feel like I'm one of the few who actually likes Reed Richards, so that'd be even better if he came back. :p
Marvel needs Fantastic Four and X-Men to fix all those **** ups.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Marvel needs Fantastic Four and X-Men to fix all those **** ups.
I can't see them ever getting the X-Men back honestly. Fox still makes a killing off their X-Men films while their FF films continue to bomb.

Not to mention it'd be MUCH harder to bring in the X-Men than the FF as far as the MCU is concerned. There's really not a reason humanity would be against mutants at this rate, what with the rise of Inhumans and other powered people becoming more commonplace in the MCU.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I can't see them ever getting the X-Men back honestly. Fox still makes a killing off their X-Men films while their FF films continue to bomb.

Not to mention it'd be MUCH harder to bring in the X-Men than the FF as far as the MCU is concerned. There's really not a reason humanity would be against mutants at this rate, what with the rise of Inhumans and other powered people becoming more commonplace in the MCU.
I just want Wolverine in the MCU

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
For every vote for Pokémon Moon in the poll, Mac Tonight gets stronger and stronger. Defeat the McDonalds menace; vote Tellitubby Baby Sun now, before the forbidden meme returns! :troll:

No for real, why so many Moon boys? Sun has a ****ing white lion.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For every vote for Pokémon Moon in the poll, Mac Tonight gets stronger and stronger. Defeat the McDonalds menace; vote Tellitubby Baby Sun now, before the forbidden meme returns! :troll:

No for real, why so many Moon boys? Sun has a ****ing white lion.
Moon has a night bat that's pretty.

And Oranguru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom