• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So to all of those splatoon players. . . I pretty much stopped playing about a month in.

I've missed nearly every update and splatfest. Ignoring any de-rusting would I be ok with playing again or is the fact I don't understand the map and won't have any good equipment/any idea what equipment to use going to screw me up to the point that I won't have any fun?

The slpatoon sequel/port announcement and Chuggaaconroy playing it makes me want to go back.
:061:

Last edited:

Chrono.

Oh.

I missed the confirmation of there only being 7 trials.

That throws the whole "1 per type" thing out the window.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I think people know who I want in Smash but any other choice is irrelevant because there's a new choice for my playable fighter

IMG_2799.JPG

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So to all of those splatoon players. . . I pretty much stopped playing about a month in.

I've missed nearly every update and splatfest. Ignoring any de-rusting would I be ok with playing again or is the fact I don't understand the map and won't have any good equipment/any idea what equipment to use going to screw me up to the point that I won't have any fun?

The slpatoon sequel/port announcement and Chuggaaconroy playing it makes me want to go back.
Im tempted to sell mine

Havent touched it in a long time

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Depends on what level/rank you are.
But generally yes it'd be tough

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Being honest, the only Gen 7 Pokémon I see having any real chance in getting into Smash are Midnight Lycanroc and Beltigre. Everyone else either lacks potential or would likely be difficult to implement, and there's a few that fall under both. I won't lie though, I'd be pumped if Vikavolt somehow got in.

:094:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Being honest, the only Gen 7 Pokémon I see having any real chance in getting into Smash are Midnight Lycanroc and Beltigre. Everyone else either lacks potential or would likely be difficult to implement, and there's a few that fall under both. I won't lie though, I'd be pumped if Vikavolt somehow got in.

:094:
Nope, I see Robinroot being the standout pokemon of Gen 7

OR whatever people are calling Rowlett3

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Most wanted (no particular order)?
Ridley
K.Rool
Waluigi
Bandana Dee
Inkling
Litten3/Rowlet3 (just one of them would make me happy)

This is... Interesting.

Pretty sure they mucked up Type: Null's description and put UB-01 in it.
Can confirm, it's literaly the french translation of Type:Null. It even has is french name, Type:0.

D

Deleted member

*Gets to the top of the Tin Tower to catch Ho-Oh*
*Finds out he only has 12 Ultra Balls*

Last edited by a moderator:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Was exploring the LEGO Dimensions subreddit, and found some early images of the Sonic figure. Apparently somebody got it early.

Looks pretty cool, but I wonder why the insides of his shoes are just white, as well as the back.

Also dat Omega.
SEGA and LEGO need to release actual Sonic LEGO sets asap.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'd say a gen 7 rep is extremely likely for a Smash Switch port.

Pokemon always sells, and the game will probably be pushed out within the first year of the switch. Giving them plenty of time to add a new pokemon.

The most likely to me are:

Robinghoot as he's the most popular greninja and could easily be chosen from concept art to. Not to mention that they leaked so early that gamefreak already knows which are popular.

Luchitten: He seems to be the second most popular. People like the design, just fear a fire fighting type, but also know fire dark is possible. I'd say he could easily be chosen due to popularity and he is already a fighter so he'd fit right in.

Mimikyu: Mimikyu has become a fan favorite already and is being marketed often enough. He could be built off of pikachu but giving a pretty unique movveset imo.

Possible runner up:

Lycanroc: I'd say he could happen. However the two forms make choosing one hard. So I don't know which they'd go with, if they even do.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Are we past the point of being very divided on Shovel Knight? Cuz that "non-legendary" third-party was going to get in eventually (:4bayonetta2:) and now it's really just a matter of who would be a cool addition that somewhat meshes well with Smash. Because I think SK fits that bill.

It's like when Nintendo realized it was much more than just their "All-Stars" being included in Smash any more and they dropped that tagline.

I'd rather have a cool character and ignore a guy who is easy to ignore than get nothing.

I think we've all eaten crow at some point when it comes to Smash predictions anyway.
I don't want Shovel Knight in personally. Nor do I want Shantae. Just don't want Indie characters in Smash Bros.

The characters I tend to support are ones that are important to Nintendo and/or fit very well in a Smash setting rather than being "All-Stars". i.e. Andy is no Nintendo All-Star but he perfectly represents his series that has historical significance to Nintendo and the character himself pretty much personifies the happy go lucking world of Nintendo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd love to see Mimikyu in Smash, mainly because I think it'd be one of the most original fighters, one that couldn't have its moveset replicated by anyone else.
Litten3 and Rowlett3 might be unique and interesting Pokemon but archers and wrestlers can be found elsewhere, whatever Mimikyu's fighting style is called can't.

Its Disguise ability can work so that it wouldn't take any damage or knockback on the first hit it takes.
Its Fairy and Ghost typings can give it some cool moves to work with and looking at its animations, it has extendable claws that can be used to make up a lot of moves.
It could also have a Z-Move FS, which it would probably be the only Pokemon to have one as I doubt any of the FSs will be changed besides obviously Greninja.
Besides, I'm pretty sure Mimikyu is the first Pokemon to get an ad just for it in a long time

On another note, having watched episodes 3 and 4 of Bungou Stray Dogs S2 makes me sad the rest of the season won't be as good as this was.
Next week we're back with our favorite weretiger shonen protagonist /s
Also, speaking of BSD, I just realised Akutagawa is literally Mimikyu, because both:
>Wear cool clothes
>Have similar abilities with the way Mimikyu's claws and Akutagawa's ability work
>"Rashomon"
>Good at fighting
>Wear disguises
>Constantly cover their faces
>Try too hard to look cool
>Can learn Protect
>Suck against Mold Breaker users
>Would lose a fight against a weretiger
>Are not Pikachu
>Look creepy but are actually cute and just want to be loved

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I know that we just got :4greninja:....

But don't you guys think all this Robinroot in Smash business is just a bit...

Off?
My choice of mon doesn't have much to do with Greninja, never really liked him much in Smash, personally.

I'm just following the Sakurai design philosophy, what looks cool and has unique moveset potential? We've got a wrestling cat with fire moves, really standard and bland fighting stuff, a mermaid which would probably be unique moving around what with the lack of legs, and we have an owl that arches with his wings and looks like he was pretty much made with Smash in mind.

Not that he couldn't take literally any Pokemon and come up with something unique, but this one is just the stand out "hey Sakurai, we made this one for you already, come and take it" from GameFreak. Plus Falco is lonely, yo.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Yeah, I can see Robinroot and Beltigre being chosen to represent Generation 7 in Smash.

Entermaid is the least likely of the three due to its mermaid-like body, which means it would have trouble moving around, especially when it comes to walking and running.

However, I think I've come up with a solution to that problem.

What if Entermaid could essentially "ride the waves" for its walking and running animations? Need a reference? Here's Water Kirby:

Water Kirby has a unique dash where instead of running, a set of water emerges underneath him, and thus he surfs for his dash.

I can imagine if it were in Smash, Entermaid would surf when it moves on the ground. That is, similar to Water Kirby, a set of water emerges from the ground beneath it, giving it mobility on the floor. It's walking animation would look like a more casual surf. For it's running animation, it would lean forward so that it can surf faster. For its dash attack, it would simply slide into an opponent with its arms outstretched.

Now, how would it jump? Again, looking back at the Kirby ability, Water Kirby has a dash attack where the water beneath its feet surges upward, giving Kirby more elevation while the water beneath it forms a wave that can damage enemies. Entermaid's jump could be similar to that, where the water beneath it surges up like a wave.

As for the second jump? I think Entermaid could do an acrobatic jump for the second one. Popplio can perform acrobatic flips, and while we haven't seen Brionne and Entermaid do these things, perhaps we could assume they are capable of that too due to their continued performer-like design.

Just a few ideas of mine if Entermaid were to be a Smash fighter.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Opossum Opossum
Did you hear about this:

My choice of mon doesn't have much to do with Greninja, never really liked him much in Smash, personally.

I'm just following the Sakurai design philosophy, what looks cool and has unique moveset potential? We've got a wrestling cat with fire moves, really standard and bland fighting stuff, a mermaid which would probably be unique moving around what with the lack of legs, and we have an owl that arches with his wings and looks like he was pretty much made with Smash in mind.

Not that he couldn't take literally any Pokemon and come up with something unique, but this one is just the stand out "hey Sakurai, we made this one for you already, come and take it" from GameFreak. Plus Falco is lonely, yo.
So penguins aren't birds :4dedede: and you're gonna pretend the chozos don't exist :4zss:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Honestly, I think it would be good to use Robinroot for Smash and Beltigre for Pokkén. Both would blend well in those game because of their respective designs and concept. And by far watch it being the opposite.
So penguins aren't birds :4dedede: and you're gonna pretend the chozos don't exist :4zss:
But is DDD really a penguin, or simply a creature that looks like one?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Sadly Chuggaaconroy can't play Splatter anymore, but I am still looking forward to see his let's play.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Opossum Opossum
Did you hear about this:

Miles should take the Scarlet Spider Name

Also, if it was a clone, what of Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy? Another Gwen clone?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
She doesn't exactly have an feathers, y'know. I'm sure you just gave someone, somewhere some ideas though...
I wasn't the first one to do it and I won't be the last.

But we still don't know about the feathers thing. I mean have we known if that hair or not isn't feathery

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly, I think it would be good to use Robinroot for Smash and Beltigre for Pokkén. Both would blend well in those game because of their respective designs and concept. And by far watch it being the opposite.

But is DDD really a penguin, or simply a creature that looks like one?
My first Kirby game was dreamland 2 and I always thought he was a frog playing it.

He jumps around and it's hard to make out penguin details in it's low resolution

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum
Did you hear about this:

There are a few things here that make me think it's not legit.

Disney itself likely wouldn't have anything to do with it. They've been saying out right they're very hands off with Marvel as to not diminish their creativity. If they were more hands on, they definitely wouldn't allow Jane Foster Thor, Hydra Cap, and Hulk and
Iron Man (going by Infamous Iron Man #1)
dying in Civil War II, or have all these new X-Men titles coming.

The other thing is that they wouldn't need to do that to tell teenage Peter stories. The current Spidey miniseries is about Peter in his younger years, while Amazing Spider-Man is present day Peter. They could just continue that.

It'd also make the backlash against One More Day so much worse. Now not only is Peter's marriage gone, but now there's no possibility of it returning without being really creepy or borderline pedophilic.

And then there's the fact that there's no reason for Miles to be written out. Sam didn't stop being Captain America when Steve started up again. And Miles is a founding member of the new Champions, a team they're really trying to push.

All in all, a lot of it doesn't add up.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Today's the day in the Sun & Moon Demo of the girl is meeting up with some guy that she's been counting the days:

Turns out that guy is a :068: (and you get NOTHING out of this).

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I can see Robinroot and Beltigre being chosen to represent Generation 7 in Smash.

Entermaid is the least likely of the three due to its mermaid-like body, which means it would have trouble moving around, especially when it comes to walking and running.

What if Entermaid could essentially "ride the waves" for its walking and running animations? Need a reference? Here's Water Kirby:

Water Kirby has a unique dash where instead of running, a set of water emerges underneath him, and thus he surfs for his dash.

I can imagine if it were in Smash, Entermaid would surf when it moves on the ground. That is, similar to Water Kirby, a set of water emerges from the ground beneath it, giving it mobility on the floor. It's walking animation would look like a more casual surf. For it's running animation, it would lean forward so that it can surf faster. For its dash attack, it would simply slide into an opponent with its arms outstretched.

Now, how would it jump? Again, looking back at the Kirby ability, Water Kirby has a dash attack where the water beneath its feet surges upward, giving Kirby more elevation while the water beneath it forms a wave that can damage enemies. Entermaid's jump could be similar to that, where the water beneath it surges up like a wave.

As for the second jump? I think Entermaid could do an acrobatic jump for the second one. Popplio can perform acrobatic flips, and while we haven't seen Brionne and Entermaid do these things, perhaps we could assume they are capable of that too due to their continued performer-like design.

Considering one of Brionne's attack animation has him sliding across the ground, I'd say this isn't far-fetched at all

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Most games that have a water based character (particularly mermaid type characters) usually have their running animation like that where they "surf" on land with waves of water surrounding them. Hyrule Warriors also did that with Ruto (And the King of Red Lions to some extend) as well.

So I don't think it will be much of an issue for characters like Entermaid/Popplio3/Whatever its called if Smash where to ever include a character like that.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Opossum Opossum
Did you hear about this:

If it meant making Bendis mad......I'd take Miles out of the Spidey title.
Two reasons why:
I have a general dislike for miles
Bendis is running things in a horrible manner, case in point, CW2. Carol has always been a favorite character of mine. Bendis is ruining her.
[/spoiler[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom