• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Serebii said:
A special broadcast has aired on NicoNico for Pokémon Sun & Moon and, within this it showed some gameplay footage early on. We'll update this as more details come.
In it, a minor feature was showcased of shaking grass. As the trainer approached it, the Pokémon in the shaking grass ran up to him. True mechanics of this feature are unclear at this time
12:32: After capturing a new Pokémon, Rotom will give you a report of how complete your Pokédex is in terms of percentage.
13:12: The stream went on to Ilima's trial which requires you to look around for Alolan Rattata which are hiding in parts of the cave. You get a Z Crystal for completion. It also confirmed that there are 7 trials.
Update regarding Sun & Moon. Nothing really big.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
I'll be happy with any new characters as long as it turns out to be a new Smash Game and not a Sm4sh port.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Here's my stance.
Looking at who has gotten into Smash when it comes to Pokemon.
:pikachu64:: Mascot of the series.
:jigglypuff64:: Last minute edition because of re-used assets and recent popularity of the show.
:mewtwomelee:: One of the most requested characters period, the biggest boss the series had so far. Think it was confirmed he was planned in some form for 64 if they had more time?
:pichumelee:: Last minute joke clone in the most padding roster, reused assets and associated to Pikachu.
:pt::squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:: Not chosen out of recency or arguable "voting strength" but for being an iconic and nostalgicly popular way to embody a mechanic he had in mind.
:lucario:: Mascot for the latest series; got a film dedicated to it. First non-legendary to get such. "Forced" to be popular.
:4greninja:: Chosen from beta art because "it looked cool." Was it focused on to be Ash's big focus in Kalos BECAUSE of Smash? Arguably. But I have a feeling Greninja, from early on, was the "promised child" that they planned to play up. This far in, we can kinda argue some things in series could be crafted to be "made for Smash."

In comparison to this, with Gen 7?
The only non-starter, non-legendary that is really up-played is Mimikyu, for its cuteness, and Silvally for its lore impact.

And of the starters... I say look at that leaked art for GameFreak's focus. We know that GameFreak normally pushes Pokemon to Sakurai for choosing.
Arrowl: Typically Cool design. But it... didn't have a lot present.
Poppmaid: Is... mostly there.
It's Luchalitten that had the most "going on" with its set up in the small drawings. It kinad seems like IT is the one they, at least planned, to try to push as a major starter.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's Luchalitten that had the most "going on" with its set up in the small drawings. It kinad seems like IT is the one they, at least planned, to try to push as a major starter.
Because Blaziken was so good it's worth repeating another three times.

Sometime I think Game Freak is like a small child who think that because they got a laugh off a Popsicle stick joke once feels that it must be funny forever.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Today I was in my first ever NBA fantasy draft with my friends.

I've always played bball, but never really watched NBA as I'm Australian and it was never really on TV.

My best players are Kawhi Leonard and Lillard.

Now I just need a team to follow. I was thinking the Spurs because I love Kawhi. I also love OKC for their jersey, and the Timberwolves just cos.

Any recommendations?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Characters I'd love to see in Smash? Okay.

Inkling
Chrom (I know)
Starfy (I also know)
Henry Fleming (it's my dream, dammit)
Muddy Mole
Robinhoot
Waluigi

Shovel Knight
Crash Bandicoot
...and a few ineligibles I'll refrain from mentioning

I only expect one of these. Everyone else would be so damn neat though.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Because Blaziken was so good it's worth repeating another three times.

Sometime I think Game Freak is like a small child who think that because they got a laugh off a Popsicle stick joke once feels that it must be funny forever.
(It's fire/dark though).

Man.
If Ash actually is a post-game fight in S/M.
We could actually have something MASSIVE.
Team:
Light Ball-toting Pikachu
Mega Tyranitar (ok he didn't /own/ the Larvitar in Johto but c'mon it counts)
Toxic Heal Gliscor
Life Orb Gale Wings Talonflame
Leftovers Goodra
Waterium Z toting Ash-Greninja

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

(It's fire/dark though).

Man.
If Ash actually is a post-game fight in S/M.
We could actually have something MASSIVE.
Team:
Light Ball-toting Pikachu
Mega Tyranitar (ok he didn't /own/ the Larvitar in Johto but c'mon it counts)
Toxic Heal Gliscor
Life Orb Gale Wings Talonflame
Leftovers Goodra
Waterium Z toting Ash-Greninja
I think it should be Mega Heracross instead of Tyranitar as he was one of Ash's main team members in Johto

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Most wanted Smash Switch characters (in no particular order)
  • Rayman
  • Ridley
  • Viridi
  • Medusa
  • Lara Croft
  • Ice Climbers
  • Midna
  • Dark Samus
  • Elma
  • Bandana Dee
  • Dixie Kong
  • King K Rool

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I only want Ice Climbers back in Smash Switch

After that they could add in Hulk Hogan and Darth Vader for all I care

Burruni

Smash Hero
I think it should be Mega Heracross instead of Tyranitar as he was one of Ash's main team members in Johto
Yeah, probably.
I just went with what came to mind as the most "powerful" team, with keeping Pikachu in it.
Also.

Litten might be a mixed sweeper.

edit:

Unova Confrmed?

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Characters I actively support:

-Daisy
-Robinhoot
-Nabbit

Characters I'd like to see:

-Midna
-Mickey Mouse
-Ravio
-Dixie
-K. Rool
-Professor Layton
-Any Zelda character
-Takamaru
-Any Mario character

And others I can't think of right now

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So on one hand I'm sad I ran into an unmarked Doctor Strange spoiler, but on the other hand, I'm hyped.

DORMAMMU BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIS

So yeah, that's exciting.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, probably.
I just went with what came to mind as the most "powerful" team, with keeping Pikachu in it.
Also.

Litten might be a mixed sweeper.

edit:

Unova Confrmed?
Where is that level up screenshot from?
And I wouldn't base anything off it, nature, EVs, IVs and being low leveled can all affect the stats

Well, they ARE Backpackers, maybe they traveled all the way to Alola

Burruni

Smash Hero
Where is that level up screenshot from?
And I wouldn't base anything off it, nature, EVs, IVs and being low leveled can all affect the stats

Well, they ARE Backpackers, maybe they traveled all the way to Alola
The screenshot was from the like livestream or whatever earlier today that confirmed the number of trials.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Guess I'll list the characters I would like to see if they do put in some cool new characters in Smash Switch, but I don't see most of them happening:

Sora (Kingdom Hearts): Probably my most wanted, after thinking about it, since KH is my favourite franchise alongside Sonic. He's definitely iconic at this point and I don't think he'd look out of place next to characters like Sonic, Mega Man, and Cloud. Not to mention he has one of the most iconic weapons in all of fiction. So pedigree isn't an issue for him. He's also relevant since his series is ongoing, has always been successful, and most people would agree there hasn't been a legitmately bad game in the series. He's ultimately gonna be the main character going forward, even beyond KH3, and KH3 is one of the most hyped games in the gaming community right now. He's also had a few games on Nintendo, and depending on how powerful the Switch is, we could even see KH3 on a Nintendo system (Square Enix is supporting the Switch. Switch supports UE4. KH3 is being developed in UE4, and Nomura has said he wants to get KH3 on as many systems as he can). And I don't even need to get into moveset potential/uniqueness. Sora has so many abilities and moves, that you could make a KH1-based Sora, and a KH2-based Sora, and they would feel like totally different characters. For all intents and purposes, he should be a perfect candidate for a third party rep. He just has one major barrier - Disney. Contrary to popular belief, Square Enix doesn't own any of the original KH characters or worlds, despite the fact Nomura and his team created them. Disney has full ownership of all of it. And Disney has historically been very strict with how Sora and other KH characters are used. Dissidia: Final Fantasy was originally a KH game, for example, but Disney wasn't OK with a game about Disney characters beating each other up. Then, when it was changed to an FF game, Nomura still wanted to at least include Sora as a guest character, but Disney refused. The fact that Square Enix can't even get Sora into their own all-star fighting game, just doesn't bode well for Sora being in Smash.

Rayman: An old request, and honestly a bit more likely as far as third party characters go. He has his foot in the door with trophies. His moveset is practically already made with Rayman Legends having a similar control scheme to Smash (just toss in some of his moves from older games for good measure). And he's just a fun, silly character that's easy to like. Also, I just kinda think it would be cool to get a non-Japanese third party that is also reasonably iconic, and Rayman fits that.

Shovel Knight: Not much I can say that hasn't already been said about him. He's the Mario of the indie scene. He has a ton of unique and interesting abilities that would be fun to see in Smash. And he looks like he was ripped right out of the old days of gaming, so he looks perfect next to other old gaming mascots like Mario and Sonic.

Henry Fleming: Codename S.T.E.A.M is a really cool but criminally underappreciated game, so I want to see it get a Smash rep in order to help boost it's popularity a bit and maybe it can get that sequel that was teased at the end. The Steam mechanic from the game could also be used in some interesting ways, and in general, there aren't a lot of pure "ranger" characters in Smash (Mega Man is the closest thing), so Henry could fit that bill. Though I really doubt it will happen.

Captain Toad: My interest in him has waned a bit, but I still think he would be a cool addition. People want Toad, but I don't just want "generic Toad" because honestly I feel Nintendo has relied on those too much as of late. Captain Toad is this nicely defined character that could have some interesting, unique ideas based on his game. I don't see him as very likely though. I used to think he had a shot, but that was because I thought he was going to be a mainstay Mario character, at least partially, what with appearing in a few games since Galaxy, getting his own game, and getting some merchandise. But he hasn't even appeared in any spin-off titles in any capacity IIRC (though maybe he will be in Mario Kart Switch), and overall, his game sort of just came and went. He doesn't have the consistent relevance of Bowser. Jr (who has to be re-used a lot due to him being tied to Bowser, essentially. He's essentially one of Mario's core rivals at this point), or the fan/developer favourite quality of Rosalina (who also is somewhat inconsistent in what she appears in, but inarguably appears in most of the IMPORTANT Mario games these days, and is given top billing in marketing, even in games where she doesn't have much of a role like the recent Mario & Sonic game). Captain Toad just sort of came and went though, so I'm not sure they would put him in Smash at this point. I'd like to be surprised, though.

Professor Layton: I still really want him and the potential is there, but because Layton himself just hasn't been in much as of late, and his series (with him as the star) is pretty much done, I'm not sure how likely he is. Even with the ongoing Layton franchise, I'm confused as to what direction it is going to take and if the Professor even has a role, so it's hard to really think Layton would be in Smash at this point.

Midna/Ghirahim/Impa: I'd like a new Zelda character since we haven't had any truly new ones since Melee. And these three are just the ones that stick out the most to me.

Dr. Eggman: If any existing third-party franchise is to get a new rep, it should be Sonic, since it easily has the strongest line-up, and not to mention the ties the series now has to Nintendo and Mario. And the good doctor just makes too much sense. He's one of the most beloved villains in gaming, and there is so much you could do with him for a moveset. Plus it means getting Mike Pollock's amazing VA work in Smash. :p

Chrono.

I fully support Luchalitten in Smash.

We're due a wrestler in Smash anyway and Starman isn't getting in so...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As far as Sun and Moon pokemon for Smash are concerned, I'm not really sure any of them really hit that mark for Smash at this point...Upon Greninja's reveal, X and Y was at least out for a while and Greninja already proved itself one of the more popular Pokemon from that game before it's reveal, right now we're judging pokemon before the game's even released...

From my standing possible candidates from SuMo based on their reception and potential as a fighter...
Rowlet3
Litten3
Lycanroc
Silvally

Those are the ones I can possibly see being pushed for this generation...anything else would likely be used as a poke-ball summon...

Chrono.

As far as Sun and Moon pokemon for Smash are concerned, I'm not really sure any of them really hit that mark for Smash at this point...Upon Greninja's reveal, X and Y was at least out for a while and Greninja already proved itself one of the more popular Pokemon from that game before it's reveal, right now we're judging pokemon before the game's even released...

From my standing possible candidates from SuMo based on their reception and potential as a fighter...
Rowlet3
Litten3
Lycanroc
Silvally

Those are the ones I can possibly see being pushed for this generation...anything else would likely be used as a poke-ball summon...
To be fair, Sakurai chose Greninja before we even knew what X/Y was.

He literally got lucky that it turned out to be so popular.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
To be fair, Sakurai chose Greninja before we even knew what X/Y was.

He literally got lucky that it turned out to be so popular.
I was speaking from our point of view...

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I guess I missed Smash discussion again. Well, in the event we get new characters for a Smash 4 port, I just hope most of the newcomers aren't third-party characters like how it was for DLC. The fact that we only got one Nintendo newcomer character out of the four newcomers added as DLC was one of my biggest disappointment at the end, the other major reason being the lack of Wolf.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think I'd probably like to see someone like Mimikyu as a playable character, mainly to see another playable pokemon that isn't humanoid again for a change....

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
So, off of the livestream thing ending(?) with a Lv15 litten, someone's rough estimates of base stats.

HP 32-49 ~ 41
ATK 55-73 ~ 64
DEF 42-59 ~ 51
SP.ATK 48-66 ~ 57
SP.DEF 28-46 ~ 37
SPEED 65-83 ~ 74
TOTAL 270-376 ~ 323

Luchalitten's "Predicted" base stats:
HP 68
ATK 106
DEF 84
SP.ATK 94
SP.DEF 61
SPEED 122
TOTAL 533

Don't own Left 4 Dead 1. So unless Swamp is playing Left 4 Dead 1 by playing L4D2 (which you can actually kind of do since all the L4D levels are free in 2) looks like im out

Also would Looooooooooooooooooooooooove fire cat for smash. Seems like a fun pokemon. Would main for a while and then quit when I can't figure out his moveset and go back to a swordsman.

:061:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The main reason I want Robinhoot is to have a dedicated archer character, a la Hawkeye in UMvC3 or Green Arrow in Injustice. Pit or Link using their bows for one move doesn't cut it. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Was exploring the LEGO Dimensions subreddit, and found some early images of the Sonic figure. Apparently somebody got it early.

Looks pretty cool, but I wonder why the insides of his shoes are just white, as well as the back.

Also dat Omega.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
I fully support the fire wrestling cat. We need another wrestling type in Smash to go with Bowser.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Was exploring the LEGO Dimensions subreddit, and found some early images of the Sonic figure. Apparently somebody got it early.

Looks pretty cool, but I wonder why the insides of his shoes are just white, as well as the back.

Also dat Omega.
Paint cost money, that's why

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
In terms of the Gen 7 Pokémon, I think the candidates come down to:
-Rockruff line: Rockruff was decently promoted in and of itself as it got a manga, Corocoro loved using the thing in their little blurbs, and they made a big deal out of its evolution method. It's also pretty popular, and its evolutions are still used in promotion such as Pokepelago. Their Rock typing and the different battle styles of the Lycanroc forms could also work into the game, as I don't think either archetype they'd represent is fully covered by any other character.
-Mimikyu: Wasn't initially promoted, but lately GF caught on that fans love this thing and started playing into it. The recent Mimikyu rap video being the biggest things it's gotten since its debut and it could easily go from there.
-Sivally: Also got some promotion like Rockruff, with its evolution also getting a lot of attention from Corocoro and having a lot of popularity with the fandom. It's also used by a major character in Gladion, so it's going to be well known by whoever plays the game.
-Rowlet3: Rowlet itself is the most popular of the initial forms,and Rowlet3 was probably the best received of the final forms after they leaked, at least initially, so it has that. While it would share some traits with Pit, it'd still lend well to Smash since it has abilities in its typings along with being a more dedicated archer then either him or Link. I could see something like Hawkeye for it like Opossum mentioned with some Flying type moves thrown in for good measure.
-Litten3: Litten3 seems to be the most controversial of the final forms, but it lends itself the best to Smash I'd say since it's a wrestler and we haven't really had a fighter like that. Tie that into the Tiger Mask inspiration and I think it's something Sakurai could easily gravitate to when looking at these Pokémon.

Gen 8 could also come into play during Smash's development and these guys get thrown out the window, but we don't know when that will come out and it's hard to discuss a what-if scenario with it when we barely know how Sun/Moon will be handled for the next couple years.

As for personal choices outside of Pokemon:
Henry Fleming (Codename STEAM needs love!)
King K. Rool
Dixie
Elma
Ridley

D

Deleted member

The main reason I want Robinhoot is to have a dedicated archer character, a la Hawkeye in UMvC3 or Green Arrow in Injustice. Pit or Link using their bows for one move doesn't cut it. :p
Pit uses his bow for a majority of his attacks.
He just has a single projectile with it unlike the other two.

As for Robingroot/Robinhoot, unless it's revealed that it has different arrow types aside from standard feathers, it's not likely to be anything remotely similar to Clint or Oliver.
Especially since unlike them, it can't even use its "bow" itself for close-range combat like Pit can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of patterns, if an Alola Pokemon was playable it'd be the first Pokemon from a generation that's a prime number since Pichu.

Trivial maths triva.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

As for Robingroot/Robinhoot, unless it's revealed that it has different arrow types aside from standard feathers, it's not likely to be anything remotely similar Clint or Barry.
Especially since unlike them, it can't even use its "bow" itself for close-range combat like Pit can.
Knew I should have clarified the Pit thing. I meant he only uses his bow as a bow for one move. :p

My idea for Robinhoot was basically having Laser Focus alter the properties of the feather arrows, like speed or damage output, rather than outright different arrow types. A bit of a difference from Laser Focus' in-game effect, but it's a creative Liberty, and makes some sense since it's a buff move. Combine this with moves like a neutral air that launches three arrows in a spread diagonally downward similar to one of Hawkeye's air moves or like on of Green Arrow's moves where he leaps backward while shooting an arrow downward at the foe for a forward smash.

Supplement that with talon attacks when he needs up close combat and I think it could be a really fun character.

D

Deleted member

I haven't posted a HeartGold update in a while, so here's one:
Team:
:157: Burnie
:169: Robin
:181: McFluff
:123: Slicer
:130: (Shiny) King Karp
:247: Jasper
I don't remember what I wrote about last time, but I just defeated Clair. I'm about to go to the Dragons Den to do the quiz, and I'm honestly considering swapping King Karp for Dratini... But I probably wont do that because I will have to grind this thing for so long.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Overwatch is real in this thread.

Not that I'm complaining.
There is an Overwatch thread on this website, go discuss anything there.
https://smashboards.com/threads/overwatch.436211
The thread is totally silent now…
Overwatch is the best!
It being on Switch would be a dream comr true.
Yeah, it's the most fun I've had out of a shooter in a very long time. I play just about everyone, outside of Widowmaker.
I saw the game on Youtube during it's beta access, at first I didn't know it was s Blizzard game. I just like the game's diverse atmosphere. However I didn't get the game at launch because I never like playing games on PC. But Overwatch right now is my most played game besides Smash Bros.
It's a bit odd but also interesting that I the Overwatch SB thread compares Smash4 and Overwatch. They are obviously two different games, but they both made two types of games fun for everyone.
I'd love to play Widow but I'm for the most part a garbage sniper.

I only play like 5 characters consistently. Mercy, McCree, Soldier 76, Dva and Ana.
As a sniper it is better to use Hanzo for now. Wait until Widowmaker gets a buff.
I play Reaper for the most time as offense and a majority of QP. You can say he's my "main". Junkrat and Mei are my two most used defense. D.VA is my most used tank. I always use Lucio as support.
I play Rein a lot too, but it's mostly when my team doesn't have a main tank.
My Reinhardt sucks…
'm such garbage with McCree and Hanzo. I try so hard. I try so very hard
My boy Reaper was also suck at first. After I watch some videos on Youtube. I did get good. And after months of playing, starting to get used to the map. My Reaper is pretty deadly, just often miss when my laptop Frame drops or I move too quickly.
I recommend you Unitlost, Lone Hawk for guides, tips and news about Overwatch.
If I were to want an Overwatch character in Smash. It'd be Symmetra though. Not only because she's on my favorite Overwatch characters list, but because I'd like to see how her turret and shield would effect Smash gameplay.

But mostly because I'd love for one of her taunts to be her ***** throne. How satisfying is that thing? Nothing like it.

But that's neither here nor there, because Overwatch will very unlikely ever appear in a crossover not made by Blizzard.
If I have to guess, it has to be Tracer. Since she is like the Mascot of Overwatch.
It's been 2 years to date:

(I don't directly put the video since he uses a certain D-word, thus I put the URL link in the image in order to make it safer.)

Who remember it ?

And who else regret he since took this AW attitude by forcing his reactions during the following trailers ?
I still do, it is still his most viewed video on his channel. Second being Cloud's reveal, that I did watch it LIVE LOL.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

As for Robingroot/Robinhoot, unless it's revealed that it has different arrow types aside from standard feathers, it's not likely to be anything remotely similar to Clint or Oliver.
I don't think I'd matter if he'd have only one type of arrow confirmed.
While he wouldn't have used different arrow types canonically, there are several Pokémon moves that could realistically be paired with an arrow.
Arrows with Magical Leaves at the top, solar-energy embued Solar Beam arrows, different kinds of seeds attached to a bow a la Link's Bomb Arrows.

Then there's also the "close-range" problem, but I don't think that's a problem either.
He has different types of Flying-type moves at his disposal as well and his giant wings can easily be used for attacks and Rowlet himself has the other attack method where he used his claws to kick opponents.
These can all be used as cqc-moves while fitting the assasin sniper moniker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom