• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Alright, another position reversal. After most of the dust has settled: WikiLeaks was not compromised. Assange is fine. What happened at the Ecuadorian Embassy was primarily a psyop to get people who have faith in WL to doubt.

: "More than 400 American ‘journalists’ (that we know of) have secretly carried out assignments for the Central Intelligence Agency, according to documents on file at CIA headquarters. In many instances, CIA documents show that ‘journalists’ were contracted to perform covert missions for the CIA with the consent of the managers of America’s leading news organizations. Among the executives (that we know of) who lent their cooperation to the CIA, were the heads of Time Magazine, Newsweek, the New York Times, ABC, NBC, CBS, the Associate Press, United Press International, and Reuters." - Carl Bernstein, the Journalist who won the Pulitzer prize for his uncovering and breaking of Watergate.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It's not Doomsday... But it's Berseker from Fate! Nice!
Sorry to say this but... Berserker won't be facing Hulk in the upcoming Death Battle. It's Doomsday instead.

I was speaking about Hulk vs Berserker as a personal wish of mine.

I feel if they use a Fate character it's gonna be Saber.

Because it's Saber.
Yeah, Saber is the most probable Fate character for a Death Battle. The most common suggestion I hear featuring her is Saber vs Erza, and I can see why.

I personally want Saber to fight Lucina. Both are female swordsmen who are monarchs to the kingdom they rule, and they display some form of time trial in order to fulfill a personal wish of theirs. They also obscure their true genders (Lucina has her "Marth" persona while Saber keeps her hair short to look more masculine). Saber would probably win that fight though, but I think Lucina could make things interesting if she could use Lances to reference her Great Lord class, and Lances beat Swords.

Though Death Battle has used a side character before the main protagonist from the series in prior battles. A good example was Taokaka. She's a side character in the BlazBlue, yet she managed to be featured in a Death Battle long before Ragna would.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
First Alpha Sapphire update!
Popeye

Handy I've got two 3DS's because that would've taken me all night using the GTS...Either way Started my Alpha Sapphire run, was contemplating doing a Wonderlocke but I think for the sake of time (since I'd only be able to wondertrade part of the time) and convinience I'll just do a regular playthrough...

These past few pokemon playthroughs has really enlightened me to how much I barely use the Water starters...even though I have used Mudkip plenty of times, I've used all of the Hoenn starters as they are my favourite starter trio out of all generations...Sceptile being my favourite out of them and Blaziken being the most useful in game out of them, as a result our poor meme puppy gets sort of left behind in comparison...
But for this playthrough it'll be weird because I've used almost all of the pokemon available in the wild in Hoenn, so it's not necessarily going to be focused more on Pokemon I haven't used before...I do have an idea for a few pokes however, some of them I'm actually rather excited to use since they are awesome pokemon that tend to get overshadowed by other awesome pokes most of the time...kinda liek mudkip...As a result I don't get to use them that often, even though I have before...

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Has this been posted? If not, here it is. If it has? It's good enough to stare at and laugh at multiple times.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Sorry to say this but... Berserker won't be facing Hulk in the upcoming Death Battle. It's Doomsday instead.

I was speaking about Hulk vs Berserker as a personal wish of mine.
Hello darkness my old friend
You have nice wishes :)

How can Hulk win against a monster whose main power is to adapt and evolve, even beyond death?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's hilarious

Ant larva produce silk, so ants carry around their babies and use them like living bags of glue

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hello darkness my old friend
You have nice wishes :)

How can Hulk win against a monster whose main power is to adapt and evolve, even beyond death?
Depends. If they use 616 Hulk they could also use Kluh whom is essentially the Hulk's Hulk. Meaning if Hulk gets pissed off enough he'll transform into a crazy brutal and more scary looking Hulk.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Today's event in the Sun and Moon demo doesn't give anything?

That's slightly disappointing, even if the event's clever and funny.

You should get and expert belt for it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Meh, why do I always miss out on the good discussion?

Most Wanted for Smash Switch

1. Knuckles
2. Asuka
3. Any Fatal Frame protagonist
4. Jack Frost (or a SMT Protagonist)
5. King K. Rool
6. Bandanna Dee
7. Takamaru

D

Deleted member

Wait, I missed a discussion about who I want for Smash Switch? Well

1. Wolf
2. Snake
3. Ice Climbers
4. Tyranitar
5. Waluigi
One of these 5 is not like the others

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Team Skulls are gonna be anti-heroes.

Hard anti-heroes.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It'd be a pretty fun twist to the story if Team Skull
were actually on the good guys side, and the Aether Foundation are the greater villains of the Sun and Moon Story. Wouldn't surprise a lot of us if it turned out they were indeed the villains, but for a change of pace it'd be interesting to see if the major crime or incident was being committed by someone who's not part of the villainous team.

I might also commentate on how my Alpha Sapphire run is proceeding.
MVPs for Mauville Gym:
- I thought he was going to use Manectric, so I was a bit disappointed about Watson's team. Having checked Bulbapedia, it seems Manectric was in Emerald. I guess the fight was just more memorable then compared to the original Sapphire Version. Currently in Verdanturf Town, now on with the story.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, Pokemon have gotten really too deep for me.
A anti-hero team? What's next? A Pokemon with hot leg...
Oh wait, that already exist.:081:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
As much as I LOVE Shovel Knight. I don't want him in a potential 4 port. Otherwise Tama would tell everyone to suck his **** and that he was right all along

Also, Team Skull being cool as ****. You guys are forgetting something from a trailer
You can dress up as a Skull grunt. ****ing sold
Jaedrik Jaedrik Shades has a yellow Gashat and if you look at the 'NEXT TIME' previews, you'd notice something yellow :p
EDIT: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
There was a problem fetching the tweet
HOW CAN THEY AFFORD THAT

Last edited:
I missed Smash Switch discussion? Well, here's my most wanted ones for that, anyway:
1. King K. Rool
2. Bandana Dee
3. Ridley
4. Captain Toad
5. Robingroot
6. Wolf
7. Bomberman

Ridley and Bomberman are sadly very unlikely....the other five I still have hope for.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Are we past the point of being very divided on Shovel Knight? Cuz that "non-legendary" third-party was going to get in eventually (:4bayonetta2:) and now it's really just a matter of who would be a cool addition that somewhat meshes well with Smash. Because I think SK fits that bill.

It's like when Nintendo realized it was much more than just their "All-Stars" being included in Smash any more and they dropped that tagline.

As much as I LOVE Shovel Knight. I don't want him in a potential 4 port. Otherwise Tama would tell everyone to suck his **** and that he was right all along
I'd rather have a cool character and ignore a guy who is easy to ignore than get nothing.

I think we've all eaten crow at some point when it comes to Smash predictions anyway.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Considering the latest Top 5 got bumped, here's my wanted for Smash Switch characters:

1- Mecha Fiora
2- King K.Rool
3- Simon Belmont (Unlikely as hell; thanks Konami)
4- Takamaru
5- Wolf
Bonus: LuchaLitten

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Missing all the good conversations cause of work smh.

Anywho, I'd love to see Daisy, Robinroot, Waluigi, Paper Mario, Phoenix Wright, Shovel Knight and many more. Daisy is my #1 most wanted. I don't care of she's a semi clone of Peach. Just remove the hovering and make her attacks and running speed faster.

Also missed some Overwatch talk. Mei is my main but I'm willing to use anyone. I usually am the last person on my team to pick just so that I can fi in any missing roles

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I know that we just got :4greninja:....

But don't you guys think all this Robinroot in Smash business is just a bit...

Off?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I know that we just got :4greninja:....

But don't you guys think all this Robinroot in Smash business is just a bit...

Off?
Yeah it's looking for a pattern that isn't there again.
First we were sure there was gonna be some kind of PokéTrainer in Smash 4 or the bi-pedal movie star.
Then Greninja came and now we're sure there's gonna be a starter in Smash again

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I don't know I can say I really have a group of most wanted Smash characters anymore. Most of who I wanted is is, and anyone else I really want has such an astronomically low chance that I'd never see them get in. Mostly at this point I'm just interested to see who gets added, rather than wanting a specific character myself.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm past the point of caring about character additions for Smash Switch.

I mean there are a few I would like to see. But there are plenty of characters I already really like, both from a standpoint of liking them in their home series, and that I find them fun to play as/against. And most of the ones I would want now are in very dubious territory in terms of getting into Smash.

What I am REALLY interested in, is new modes and features. Sure, Smash Wii U & 3DS spoiled us for characters, but modes are just as important. We got a lot of modes, but most of them were pointless fluff that were either a brief novelty or they were just flat out poorly designed.

It's just silly that we have this game with all of these characters, yet there is nothing I want to do with them in this game, after a point.

One aspect that interests me is that, assuming we get a Smash Wii U port, how much content from the 3DS version might they incorporate? Initially, the two versions were designed to take advantage of a home console, and handheld respectively. But the Switch is a hybrid.

Main thing I want from the 3DS version is Smash Run, possibly with a new map or new features, like settings for it.

Seeing some new modes would be great too. I really want an Adventure Mode, more than anything. Something with a story akin to SSE would be ideal. I really want to see characters actually interacting with each other. Though even without that, I still want a full-scale Adventure Mode with 30+ stages, most of them taken from the franchises represented in the game.

Expanded amiibo functionality would also be nice.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Also, the timing for a SM Pokemon feels off. It'd make sense if Smash Switch was announced already. And it had one, even if it was a later addition to promote SM. SM is already about to be released. We're going on a rumor that could be bull(although I am expecting a Smash Switch at this point, but more as a port if it was being released at the console's start, not that a newer game is impossible, but it's not that much time, and outside of more of an updated engine of Smash 4, or at least more of a mini-version of Smash, that is, with less characters than usual but to show off the Switch's new stuff...). Well, to put it simply, it's hard to say what's going on. An all new Smash feels too early. An enhanced port is logical as an early system game.

That said, it'd be 4 months since Pokemon SM released. That's a really long time for a character to exist to promote the series. It'd make sense if it was a later DLC one that wasn't in the base game yet. I feel it'd miss the timing, especially due to the lack of announcements, and unless they announce Smash Switch really soon with anyone(note that the Grass starter is honestly super popular right now, so he is a believable addition) from the game, well... I wouldn't expect one that much. Greninja was more luck that Sakurai outright saw how it could work in Smash. It does help that the games got developed around the same time. Unless Smash Switch and SM were developed around the same time, I feel it's not that likely.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Despite how obviously early it is to say this; if any Pokémon from SM should get into this Smash Switch, it should be Mimikyu, which from what I've seen seems to be the most popular of the bunch so far.

But until I get to play SM to determine who can do what, I'm leaving it at that.

D

Deleted member

It's been 2 years to date:

(I don't directly put the video since he uses a certain D-word, thus I put the URL link in the image in order to make it safer.)

Who remember it ?

And who else regret he since took this AW attitude by forcing his reactions during the following trailers ?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Careful. Characters aren't added to Smash just to "promote" their home games.

That said, I do think we could be looking at a newcomer from Gen 7--maybe even more than one--because many Pokémon have high moveset potential from their already wide ingame movepools, and can pull from elements that other Nintendo characters rarely touch.

There're a couple in particular I'd keep my eyes on if I were you, but this isn't quite the time to go into detail on that. I got character concept videos planned for them!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Sun and Moon aren't even out yet, so it's probably jumping the gun to try and fully support one to the extent of the fanbases that so many other Pokémon already have. Robinhoot might be the ensemble dark horse, or it could be someone else. The only factors we should consider, are time, popularity, potential and what could they bring to Smash? Though come the official reveal and seeing it in action either in the anime or games, I wouldn't mind throwing down my name onto a potential Robinhoot support list.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Only solid thing in Robinroot's favour is that it seems like Ash will get Rowlett in the anime.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Didn't Sakurai picked Greninja before he even had a name back in 2012? You know, before we even knew about Pokemon X and Y.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Didn't Sakurai picked Greninja before he even had a name back in 2012? You know, before we even knew about Pokemon X and Y.
Yeah, I think he picked out the coolest looking one of the New Pokemon and his instincts happened to be on the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom