• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I mostly just want to see the cut veterans back, if we're talking a port (except for Young Link. Other than him, I wouldn't even mind seeing Pichu back if he was turned into more than just a joke character).

Newcomers for a new Smash, though?

King K. Rool
Waddle Dee
Tetra/Toon Zelda

Just some of my most personally wanted.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And neither of those two can swim through the air or do a crotch chop taunt, so I don't see the same appeal. :p
Not that they aren't good choices too. But to be honest, those 3 plus Daisy are pretty much the rest of the well known Mario series characters.

And that's not counting Wario, Yoshi, and DK characters, as they're their own franchises in Smash, respectively.

Still just sitting here wanting Viridi, Ridley, Edea Lee, and a Phendrana Drfits stage, knowing im going to be dissapointed Smash For spoiled me so much with its additions.

:061:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Is there anything to be said for adding another FE character? Gods, I love when he adds more FE characters.

Failing that, I'd take someone like Isaac or Phoenix Wright. Nick probably has the better chance of those two, already has fighting game pedigree, and would fit right into Smash in my opinion.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Wait, what? I don't remember ever hearing such a thing.
He more or less considered. AFAIK, he wasn't in the Project Plan, but Sakurai instead just thought about him. Same thing for Brawl, except he was considered to the point where you could technically say he was almost planned.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I can imagine a port with more than just veterans because the Japanese Ballot said something about using the info from the Ballot in future games.

As a matter of fact, it's because of that comment that I have this small part of me that has an "I want to believe" conspiracy that they've been planning -something- for the NX as early as when the Ballot started.

I mean, Splatoon was called a "port" in the rumors and almost nothing is the same in what was shown of that. And they already have to mess with the game in order to get it to work on one screen.

I'm not saying to outright expect anything new, but don't count it out either. They've clearly messed with everything else so far in ways that leave the door open for more characters.

. . .Just don't expect your favorites either because everyone has a different opinion and there's no way to know which bandwagon will average out as the largest behind closed doors and outside the earshot of the vocal minority.

Anything that's a licensing mess probably won't happen though, with anime in particular having several owners and distributors of the same thing globally. The lack of non-video game characters is more than just a moral code, or else James Bond wouldn't have been considered at one point. If anything I'm assuming the research from the James Bond situation is probably why the situation is now not being looked into as of Brawl and 4.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm sure the word you're looking for is considered.
Considered is still pretty strong of a word for a character of his nature.

I'm sure he's going to be revisited come next time, simply because he has such a strong lasting power and the bond between Squeenix and Nintendo might be getting stronger now.

Is there anything to be said for adding another FE character? Gods, I love when he adds more FE characters.
I think he'd have to remove a FE character or two for people to allow him to add another. Sadly I can see Lucina being one of the first cut if that's the case. Marth and Ike are definitely staying.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why do I always dooooo this?! Sorry. I'm working on it. Don't hate me. Please delete.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Gods, I love when he adds more FE characters.
It almost hurts reading that. :(
I can imagine a port with more than just veterans because the Japanese Ballot said something about using the info from the Ballot in future games.

As a matter of fact, it's because of that comment that I have this small part of me that has an "I want to believe" conspiracy that they've been planning -something- for the NX as early as when the Ballot started.

I mean, Splatoon was called a "port" in the rumors and almost nothing is the same in what was shown of that. And they already have to mess with the game in order to get it to work on one screen.

I'm not saying to outright expect anything new, but don't count it out either. They've clearly messed with everything else so far in ways that leave the door open for more characters.

. . .Just don't expect your favorites either because everyone has a different opinion and there's no way to know which bandwagon will average out as the largest behind closed doors and outside the earshot of the vocal minority.

Anything that's a licensing mess probably won't happen though, with anime in particular having several owners and distributors of the same thing globally. The lack of non-video game characters is more than just a moral code, or else James Bond wouldn't have been considered at one point. If anything I'm assuming the research from the James Bond situation is probably why the situation is now not being looked into as of Brawl and 4.
Yeah. I figure if only 1 character was going to come out of that Ballot they would have made it clear that was the case. For Splatoon and Mario Kart to have new content it would be a huge mistake to do the same for Smash Bros.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wonder if Heihachi could get an upgrade from Mii Fighter costume to represent Tekken if there's a port?

They did consider adding him alongside Ryu.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I think he'd have to remove a FE character or two for people to allow him to add another. Sadly I can see Lucina being one of the first cut if that's the case. Marth and Ike are definitely staying.
It almost hurts reading that. :(
I was sort of half-joking; "is there anything to be said for another <x>" is a famous line from a TV show from over here, meant sarcastically when the only thing to be said is no, we don't need another:

But I certainly wouldn't be complaining if we got more FE characters. If all of the current ones were brought back, and new ones added, I'd have enough salty tears to sustain me for the rest of my days. I think Lucina (maybe Roy too) is likely to be cut, though, to make way for any more (probably the main character of the then-current title, assuming they'll be unique enough like Robin and Corrin were - I think they're likely to be kept on).

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The Switch was finally revealed and now Smash speculation is back in season.

Man, it feels like it's been forever, time to drag out the Rayman banners.

How have things been around here?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
"Super Smash Bros. Counter-Attack"
rejected titles: reprisal, turnabout, switcharoo, riposte, evolution
Featuring
Snek
Chain Grabbers
AWOO
Spear D
Skwid
Red-headed capitalist (as opposes blue-haired swordsman)
Alolan clones, and return of clones
Many much stages
Great deal musics

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah, it's the most fun I've had out of a shooter in a very long time. I play just about everyone, outside of Widowmaker.
I'd love to play Widow but I'm for the most part a garbage sniper.

I only play like 5 characters consistently. Mercy, McCree, Soldier 76, Dva and Ana.

D

Deleted member

I'd love to play Widow but I'm for the most part a garbage sniper.

I only play like 5 characters consistently. Mercy, McCree, Soldier 76, Dva and Ana.
Yeah, Widowmaker is tough for me as well. The chars I play the best are probably Rein, D.Va, Torbjorn, Mercy, Lucio, perhaps Winston? I'm more of a Tank player while occasional healer. Somewhat good at Mei, too.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah, Widowmaker is tough for me as well. The chars I play the best are probably Rein, D.Va, Torbjorn, Mercy, Lucio, perhaps Winston? I'm more of a Tank player while occasional healer. Somewhat good at Mei, too.
I play Rein a lot too, but it's mostly when my team doesn't have a main tank.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah, it's the most fun I've had out of a shooter in a very long time. I play just about everyone, outside of Widowmaker.
I'm such garbage with McCree and Hanzo. I try so hard. I try so very hard.

Those two and Ana are my big weaknesses. And I desperately want to main Ana because she has my favorite thing going on. An elderly granny mom who shoots you to heal you and who not only has a candy handing out emote, but also a teabag dipping emote?

In what other shooting game, really?

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I probably have the longest list of characters I want (all the characters in my sig included). One of the weirdest, too.

King Dynal (Fossil Fighters) is my fifth.
Morrigan Aensland is my fourteenth.
Daitouryou is my third.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just gave up wanting people after this one. Sakurai spoiled me this time around.

I mean there are people I want, but I'm just like ''Just let me ride the ride at this point. I'm good."

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm such garbage of McCree and Hanzo. I try so hard. I try so very hard.

Those two and Ana are my big weaknesses. And I desperately want to main Ana because she has my favorite thing going on. An elderly granny mom who shoots you to heal you and who not only has a candy handing out emote, but also a teabag dipping emote?

I've been practicing on custom games to get better with McCree. Just choose Ana bots and have headshot kills only.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
One thing I've been thinking on. . .with the new Splatoon footage, would it be possible that a playable Inkling would have a different tentacle style for each alt if they were added to Smash?

They've added things that were still in development during Smash production before, I.E. Greninja, and this wouldn't influence a hypothetical moveset.

And Villager and Bowser Jr. already did the "make every last one of them count" thing, even if not to the extent that flapping tentacles would.

Burruni

Smash Hero

I mean.
Sharla in Xenoblade Chronicles is a damn good compromise.

Edit:
One thing I've been thinking on. . .with the new Splatoon footage, would it be possible that a playable Inkling would have a different tentacle style for each alt if they were added to Smash?

They've added things that were still in development during Smash production before, I.E. Greninja, and this wouldn't influence a hypothetical moveset.

And Villager and Bowser Jr. already did the "make every last one of them count" thing, even if not to the extent that flapping tentacles would.
I'mma say no because Robin and Villager didn't get the same treatment.

Though, MAYBE, we get two alts which are "Agent 1 & 2"

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

They'd probably only have 4 of both original "hair" styles.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Filled me snifter with [redacted]
It whispers to me Mr. Hanafuda will be in Switch Enhanced Bros.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

lol I remember at first I was like "Damn Ana is so bad ass", but after a while I kept fudging the aiming with her. She's still super fun and is just a great character all around (hurray strong women!), but she's the kind of healer you really gotta practice for comp. PS: her halloween skin is the best. I have it.

Mcree and Hanzo I'm getting a lot better with, especially Mccree, but def need more practice still. Hanzo is really satisfying to play.

I play Rein a lot too, but it's mostly when my team doesn't have a main tank.
Yeah, I think that might be how I started with Rein, but then it just took off from there. Love his Melee game so much. I also like how if I'm kinda sucking with D.Va, he's the perfect thing to change to as Tank.

D

Deleted member

I still want Zael from The Last Story even though his chances are low.

In the unlikely event he does make it in, I expect to see "generic anime swordsman" complaints regardless of how unique his moveset turns out.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Play around with your sensitivity (and if on PC DPI) and head on over to custom games, all Ana, headshots only. Do this for 15-30 minutes before every play session and over time your aim will improve. Used to play at 2000 DPI with like, 10 or 15 in-game sensitivity and my aim was ****. Now I play at 800 DPI with an in-game sensitivity of 6.5 and my shots are a lot more consistent.

I'm actually surprised how I used to play at such a high sensitivity, everything feels so off now.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You guys have heard me say it more than enough times. Rayman or riot.

And by riot, I mean "angrily pout for a day." Maybe two.

Chrono.

Eh.

My faves back then were Tails and Elma.

I guess those haven't changed.

As usual, I expect neither.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The only two 3rd parties I currently want is a return of Snake and Brian from Quest 64. Sad part is, despite Konami, Brian is still far less likely.(from a niche game, not iconic, Imagineer is gone and by law, due to how copyrights and trademarks work, only Quest 64(and similar games) can be re-released, but content cannot be modified. This also means, since Imagineer are the rights holders in general, and defunct as a video game company, getting the proper licensing is a nightmare, which is put in Snake's favor since they're more likely to get that one, although not by some large degree).

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Final Platinum Update!

Neptune
Raiden
Nocturna
Garm
Ansu
Swed Chef

Second time's the charm! My victory pretty much hinged on whether Neptune could live an Earthquake from Cynthia's Garchomp and with 40 HP or so to spare, which then left it open for an Ice Beam. Her Lucario turned out to be easier to deal with the second time around, nearly made a big muck up since I accidentally healed with e Super Potion instead of a Hyper Potion but it took enough damage to go down to Ansu's Psychic.

Figuring out who my MvP this time around is actually pretty tough because this team was actually pretty well rounded overall as a lot of the weaknesses I had were pretty well covered...
As far as the E4 goes...Swed Chef gave me that early chip damage for a lot of pokes, and dishing out those Earthquakes and Stone Edges, Ansu almost solo'd both Bertha and Lucian with Grass Knot and Shadow Ball, Garm and Nocturna handled Aron effectively, Garm also did well against Cynthia's Spiritomb and helped me set up after dropping the Stealth Rocks, Neptune of course taking out Cynthia's Garchomp (after a second try) as well as putting in work against Flint...

As far as during the main game...I definitely noticed Nocturna, Ansu, and Neptune putting in some work...Garm had his moments as well being a solid dark type as well as having that fire coverage, Swed Chef was a bit of a late game addition so he didn't quite stand out as much as he could've because of that but as said he proved useful during the elite four...Raiden on the other hand, not that Luxray was a bad pokemon (apart from being slow at times) pretty signifies why I never usually use Electric types as he wasn't quite as useful in situations that other pokemon I had were better suited for...

I think I'll give it to Neptune, overall he served as a pretty solid core to my team as my team was built around him as other key members such as Garm and Nocturna complimented him rather well...His steel typing was especially useful...Especially for catching legends, in this Gen steel resists all of Giratina's attacks as well as worked well for the Lake Guardians which made him tank hits really well while I was desperately chucking balls at them...

So...guess Hoenn's next then...don't think I'll be able to finish ALL of the regions before sun and moon especially since I'm having a few days here and there without any gameplay but let's see if I can get through Hoenn and the Delta Episode before the bomb drops...:p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's pretty close to Halloween.

And KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms and I discussed a thing.

I have not played any of the Left 4 Dead games.

Would two people like to join us for a spooky adventure?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't really play Smash anymore so I don't really care who gets in. Although if Young Link returned, I'd be happy to play him a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom