• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I feel for Sakurai if Smash Switch is already in development. Who exactly does he have to add outside of more third parties and stray Nintendo allstars like the Inklings, Toad, K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and the forever doomed Ridley? A new Pokémon?

I doubt he's really had time to consider many newcomers yet if he's already at work on the next installment.
I mean obviously Midna and Dark Samus...

I feel like he's got lots of time to consider newcomers if he's working on the next installment since that'd literally be his job though...

Not to mention he's got a Fan Ballot full of ideas he could use...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I wanted to like Scott Pilgrim but I was just kinda meh to it and I really never cared about it.

The movie felt kinda pretentious to me and it doesn't help that I've never liked the actor.

I love the game references and the best em up is crazy fun with an amazing soundtrack

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The fan ballot is used...

Shrek swamps the Battle!
Goku summons the dragon!
Mr. T pitys Smash Fools!
Britney Spears dances into the fight!

Sakurai: -sitting leisurely at home trusting Namco not to screw up- Oh god damn it. Well, that's something I have to clean up when I come back next time.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I feel for Sakurai if Smash Switch is already in development. Who exactly does he have to add outside of more third parties and stray Nintendo allstars like the Inklings, Toad, K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and the forever doomed Ridley? A new Pokémon?

I doubt he's really had time to consider many newcomers yet if he's already at work on the next installment.
Waluigi, Bandana Dee and the ones Aetheri Aetheri mentionned are all good options. And that's without mentionning those in the Ballot that weren't mentionned already.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Imagine if the next Switch trailer went like this:

-Scenes of people enjoying life
-People bring out their consoles
-Playing Smash Bros.
-2 Secs. of Mario VS. Cloud VS. Pit VS. Ice Climbers
-Cuts to new scene

I would die of laughter.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Bandana Dee won't get in I fear.

I don't think he's as important to Kirby as people really make him out to be. Nor does he have the super sized blow up stardom of other cult choices like say Rosalina.

It could happen, but I don't feel it's as likely as people believe.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also, I don't see Sakurai working on this on for now.

Smash 4 is barely 2 years old now and Sakurai isn't a guy that likes to be stuck on the same thing for a long time.

Plus I want to see something new a creative and he always makes something different again. I loved Air Ride and Kid Icarus Uprising is really fun despite the hand cramps

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine if the next Switch trailer went like this:

-Scenes of people enjoying life
-People bring out their consoles
-Playing Smash Bros.
-2 Secs. of Mario VS. Cloud VS. Pit VS. Ice Climbers
-Cuts to new scene

I would die of laughter.
I'd be hype alone simply because it'd confirmed Cloud and Ice Climbers returning.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I wouldn't expect more than four or five new characters in an updated port.

- Ice Climbers
- Wolf
- Inkling
- Robinhoot
- Chorus Kids (depending on how much of their Moveset and movements and such were planned before being scrapped)

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
The main thing I want out of the next smash is a faster, more aggressive game and more movement options; mainly dash dancing and wave-dashing.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If we're doing more Smash characters again- and why wouldn't we, it's the site's backbone in the hype years- the most intresting one to me is the Mario series. All of the A-cast and the majority of the B-cast has been used. There's only 3 more characters I could see and to be honest, my reasons for wanting them fall into "completes a set"

Waluigi- Mario/Wario Bros
Daisy- Mario Princesses
Captain Toad- Surrogate for normal Toad (forever trapped in Peach's bustle) to complete SMB2/3D world cast

Wonder if Sakurai is mad enough to make a moveset for a character who can't jump in a platform fighter.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If we're doing more Smash characters again- and why wouldn't we, it's the site's backbone in the hype years- the most intresting one to me is the Mario series. All of the A-cast and the majority of the B-cast has been used. There's only 3 more characters I could see and to be honest, my reasons for wanting them fall into "completes a set"

Daisy- Mario Princesses
Captain Toad- Surrogate for normal Toad (forever trapped in Peach's bustle) to complete SMB2/3D world cast

Wonder if Sakurai is mad enough to make a moveset for a character who can't jump in a platform fighter.
The only thing Waluigi should be added to is the trash bin.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
David Atenbrough voice: Here we see an man/woman/misc who does not fear death, summoning the horde to their location.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Daisy- Mario Princesses

Waluigi is more than a B class. He's a BM class for "beloved meme".:troll:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
If we get Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch, I wouldn't want it to be called that. I want to go back to when the Smash games had cool fighting names.

Something like Super Smash Bros. Clash, Super Smash Bros. Battle, or Super Smash Bros. War.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd like to see Pauline get in to represent the original Donkey Kong. But I'd wager Cranky is more likely to do that.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
If we get Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch, I wouldn't want it to be called that. I want to go back to when the Smash games had cool fighting names.

Something like Super Smash Bros. Clash, Super Smash Bros. Battle, or Super Smash Bros. War.
Super Smash Bros. Rumble could be another good name.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd like to see Pauline get in to represent the original Donkey Kong. But I'd wager Cranky is more likely to do that.
Speaking of, the DK series is another interesting one as they have a lot of potential characters with reasonably sized fandoms. And one oversized one.

Cranky Kong may be the closest we get to Scrooge McDuck or Shovel Knight in Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"I've seen your flag on the marble arch, love is not a victory march. It's a cold and it's a broken Waluigi."
Waluigi's my most wanted Mario character now that Junior and Rosalina got in.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Guys.
We've gone too far.
I accept our new joke overlords.
spoilered bcause it's fanservice-y which might be a little bit of a grey zone.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If want a unique title for a Smash game, I really don't want one that uses a thesaurus for "Melee/Brawl" nor do I want a "for Console" name.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
"I've seen your flag on the marble arch, love is not a victory march. It's a cold and it's a broken Waluigi."
Waluigi's my most wanted Mario character now that Junior and Rosalina got in.
Paper Mario would be a more interesting character. Also Geno who was actually planned for 4.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If want a unique title for a Smash game, I really don't want one that uses a thesaurus for "Melee/Brawl" nor do I want a "for Console" name.
I'm trying to think of one that would match the on the go nature of the Switch but "Smash Go" sounds a bit too much like another game... would be rad, if a licencing nightmare.

Soul.

I want Smash to be called "Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch"

Then see that on Twitch instead of "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U"

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm trying to think of one that would match the on the go nature of the Switch but "Smash Go" sounds a bit too much like another game... would be rad, if a licencing nightmare.
I mean Smash Go would work, since you could take it anywhere.

Who doesn't want to interrupt their neighbors drink social on the rooftop with Smash?

''I know you're a little intoxicated right now Martha, but you're going down. I've been maining Marth for months now!"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Paper Mario would be a more interesting character. Also Geno who was actually planned for 4.
And neither of those two can swim through the air or do a crotch chop taunt, so I don't see the same appeal. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom