• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A Xenoblade Chronicles X port for the Switch is possible, right?. right?

Plus XBC2 due the kinda cliffhanger ending of the first

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Their ages actually vary between games. Some are 10-11, others are 16. I believe the oldest are the Black and White protags
In the manga? Because I never heard the age of a trainer actually revealed except in RB.
How about DLC outfits & accessories?

:upsidedown:
If its free, yes sir.
Well I mean I'm not expert but growing facial hair at 10 is basically impossible.
Yeah that's why I wasn't sure. I figured you maybe meant a future game or something.
I don't think pokemon games are supported long enough for that
Call of Duty did it.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Day 22: Get Spooky (Spooky Lucky Skeletons)

While this is technically day one's song... I don't care. "We're up all night to get spooky!"

Opossum Opossum nails it!

Tomorrow...
To gain a point
and quite a jam too
Find this holiday classic
From 1962!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For those worried about Deadpool 2 due to the recent news, it's not exactly a death knell. Ant-Man went through a Duke Nukem Forever sized development hell and had a directorial switch, and still ended up being a damn good film.
I get what you're saying but you'll never convince me Edgar Wright isn't always the superior choice for a director. :p

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Saw something on TVTropesthat made me think., you know all those games that blame the player for horrible things happening to them?

Of all games, the one to place the blame on the people who put the characters into those scenario was of all things The Simpsons game.

Blame the game, not the player.
I think the Stanley Parable did this too

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
In the manga? Because I never heard the age of a trainer actually revealed except in RB.

If its free, yes sir.

Yeah that's why I wasn't sure. I figured you maybe meant a future game or something.

Call of Duty did it.
Hilda and Hilbert were alluded to being late teens.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I decided to try out the first episode of JoJo.

I'm not one to post long reviews, so I'll just say that I found the characters and the story intriguing. Intriguing enough to make me keep watching.

Ivander

Smash Legend
A Xenoblade Chonicles X port for the Switch is possible, right?. right?

I could see a port happening, considering the only things that were used with the Touchscreen, as far as I remember, were the Map Travelling and the Mining.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Girls do have makeup in pokemon customization

There prob isn't facial hair though

D

Deleted member

I could see a port happening, considering the only things that were used with the Touchscreen, as far as I remember, were the Map Travelling and the Mining.
Plus it did support the Pro Controller.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
A Xenoblade Chonicles X port for the Switch is possible, right?. right?

Well, Monolith's a little busy right now. . .but then they were busy with the exact same thing while they were working on XCX, presumably, so I guess it doesn't matter so much.

It doesn't seem to have broken that crucial 1 million mark in an environment where Nintendo seems about to only finance 2-million-+ sellers, but they DID leave that cliffhanger and Monolith's clearly good enough at managing their budget if Nintendo let them make XCX in the first place. I guess it's a matter of whether they actively want to pursue doing such and have a low enough cost way of doing so to justify it to Nintendo.

The most likely "ports" for Nintendo to pursue without being sweet-talked are what we already know we have or are most rumored to see. However, I don't see XCX getting any kind of content boost if moved over, while each of these crucial "ports" will have revamps to some degree or another in order to justify purchasing them even if one is a Wii U owner and already owns the originals, as well as to take advantage of additional development time.

>Splatoon will essentially be an entirely new game built off of the skeleton of the old one. The amount of time between release and the Switch launch is greater than the entire time between the proper creation of the Inklings and the original Splatoon's Release.

>Mario Kart will have additional characters and mechanics. Other changes are entirely possible. The gap between the release and the usual release of a new Kart game is just shy of the normal cycle.

>Smash Bros will likely remove/alter features that will not work on a single screen and add some new characters with some degree of influence from the Ballot. Inklings are a likely choice for a character due to how well Splatoon took off, although nothing else seems easy to call.

>Mario Maker, if it makes it, presumably isn't too hard to add more to and will also have to adjust for only one screen.

If there's one game not on that list that I can see being a likely port in the same "upgrade" vein, it's Pokken Tournament. It's currently sitting at the very bottom of the Wii U best sellers list on Wikipedia, but there's one reason why I think it might be added to that group: it's still getting characters, and those characters are not being released to the Wii U. The NX could potentially get a Pokken port with Darkrai, Scizor, Empoleon, and one other Pokemon added in.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
If Smash Switch happens, I simply want my Smash Run in it.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the Stanley Parable did this too
It does both depending on what "ending" you get. And in yet another mocks the concept of player blaming with the "baby on fire" game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

While this is technically day one's song... I don't care. "We're up all night to get spooky!"

Tomorrow...
To gain a point
and quite a jam too
From 1962!
Alone in the World - Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol
I get what you're saying but you'll never convince me Edgar Wright isn't always the superior choice for a director. :p
But the Edgar Wright version didn't have Luis. :p

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

Tomorrow...
To gain a point
and quite a jam too
From 1962!
Hmm, I guess in order to gain that point......
I'll do the Mash!
I'll do the Monster Mash!
The Monster Mash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom