• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's occasionally a sign of mental disturbances, so yes.

But not always a clear link!

Edit: Only if you take a degree of sadistic pleasure in it.
I worked in a mental health clinic for a while, so I'm not blowing smoke.
Well a lot of people suggest thingss like, say, Orange to me and Oh boy, are those boring to all hell
Ouch. Diabolical Box and Unwound Future were some personal favorites of mine in the series.
I Legit cried at the end of Unwound Future, then I hated Bill more after he wasnt punished

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It can be just an update, it can be a sequel.

The truth is there's just not enough footage to judge either way.
The lighting's been altered, the squid-to-kid transformation animation's been changed, the ink tanks have been changed from plastic to metal, the spawn pad has a new model, the entry animation camera angle has changed, the tentacle styles are new, the pants are new.

The updates in the original Splatoon were weapons, existing clothing categories, stages. All of which are also new as of the clips shown, mind you.

Basically, EVERYTHING shown in that two seconds bar some very basic stuff like ink colors and one squid having the original tentacle style has been changed.

And then there's the fact that Super Jumping and Inkstrikes are incapable of working on a second screen.

The main deciding factor incapable of being told from this is whether or not a hypothetical story mode will retread the same plotline and levels, but in that case the sheer amount of content and design would nudge it at least somewhat closer to a remake than a port. I guess that's "update" in one sense, but that loops right back around to the same kind of semantic confusion as "port."

It's highly likely that the original Splatoon was used as a base and altered and added to as needed and at the point in development SMX's waifu was initially tipped off likely had enough of a resemblance to being the original game to be safely called a port. But it's mutated thoroughly enough judging by even the two seconds of wrist-clipping beta footage shown that the perception of the word is interfering with peoples' perception of how much has actually changed.

D

Deleted member

All this talk about Maxie, Archie, Team Magma, and Team Aqua made me come up with a new Strawpoll...

When we had that villainous team leader Strawpoll, Maxie and Archie were tied...

When we had the favorite villainous team Strawpoll a while back, Team Magma won out compared to Team Aqua, but we were also comparing them to other villainous teams...

That is why it is time NintenZone should settle this debate once for all...

Team Magma or Team Aqua?

Answer in this link: http://www.strawpoll.me/11482587

Giving my vote to Team Magma. I think their goal of expanding land mass to improve human innovation is more reasonable than expanding the sea to improve underwater ecosystem. I also liked Maxie, Tabitha, and Courtney more than Archie, Matt, and Shellie.
Magma, mainly because I much prefer Groudon's dinosaur-like design, thus I chose the Ruby version with Team Magma in it.

Kyogre's design is boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Magma or Aqua? I can't really vote for either... I'm more familliar with Aqua since I played AS, but I like the Magma Grunts' designs more...
----
On a different note, I've made a few adjustments to my Sun Team:
Robingroot
Lycanroc
Salandit
Wimpod
Alolan Raichu
Silvally/Kammo-O
Salandit's evo's been growing on me honestly, and I think it would be a better addition to my team than Vikavolt as I already have a bug type in Wimpod. Plus I really need coverage against Fairy types... I didn't have anything that was strong against fairies in AS, and that sucked. However, I did want to use an Alolan form, so I replaced Marowak with Raichu.
As for Silvally, it really depends on whether I can get it in the main story or not... But I really need fighting coverage, so if I can't get it, I'll use Kammo-O.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Okay, yeah, ****ing hell, WikiLeaks is probably compromised. Assange was probably extraordinarily rendered and is in a CIA black site, or killed.
Establishment suddenly suggesting that their emails have been altered. Some new email leaks are being tampered with according to http://www.dkim.org/.
Their Twitter is acting very out of character. Cryptic, silly messages. Nothing from the family or friends of Assange or other WikiLeaks members, WikiLeaks Twitter said that 15 of their dudes were compromised.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wonder how the battery life will be on the Switch?
Apparently one leaker said three hours max, but it's likely a devkit and they said they still need to double check with the source under what conditions it was draining at that speed.

So. . .probably not the best to say the least, but that's the tradeoff for playing console-level games on the go since battery tech is apparently crud. Also that's about on par with the battery life of the Nvidia Shield people keep comparing the Switch to, so there's that.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Found something interesting.

Possible story spoilers on Sun/Moon below.

It's a nice theory, but I think it's fake.

For one thing, it doesn't explain why they come out of wormholes, the resemblance to certain humans and if they really are just Pokemon why would they need a special Pokeball?

Bananija

Count of Trickery
The battery life is the thing I'm the last optimistic about, honestly.
Apparently one leaker said three hours max, but it's likely a devkit and they said they still need to double check with the source under what conditions it was draining at that speed.

So. . .probably not the best to say the least, but that's the tradeoff for playing console-level games on the go since battery tech is apparently crud. Also that's about on par with the battery life of the Nvidia Shield people keep comparing the Switch to, so there's that.
That's already better than what I expect. Hope you're right.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Apparently it's 3 hours according to Laura Dale. She's pretty reliable imo
U gay tho lol

Someone never played a dungeon crawler before I guess

>Enemies being cardboard
>All enemies use 3D models on the 3DS games
View attachment 119544
Someone needs glasses

I was talking about Ur-Child having a weird pattern
Juggernaut isn't that hard but its HP is just there so you have to clear the bomb puzzle
Knowing when you have to take out your buffs can be a bit of a pain, especially when you don't know you need to do it, Story party at least has Arianna but if you don't have a Sovereign in your party, you'll need to get a Grimoire for the one skill that dispels all buffs and debuffs

Though I have to agree, Juggernaut is one of my favorite fights
Knowing how to abuse his buffs without eating a party-wiping attack is a satisfying and fun experience imo
Also, that fight takes a whole other meaning if you believe a certain fheory regarding Juggernaut's original form
In Classic mode that is, Story mode throws that theory out of the window
They just sit there. No animation. It's incredibly simplistic, but I like seeing myself and my enemies attack the entire time

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Okay, yeah, ****ing hell, WikiLeaks is probably compromised. Assange was probably extraordinarily rendered and is in a CIA black site, or killed.
Establishment suddenly suggesting that their emails have been altered. Some new email leaks are being tampered with according to http://www.dkim.org/.
Their Twitter is acting very out of character. Cryptic, silly messages. Nothing from the family or friends of Assange or other WikiLeaks members, WikiLeaks Twitter said that 15 of their dudes were compromised.
On the contrary, it seems as if the opposition would want us to believe that WikiLeaks was compromised, so that it could be discredited. Disinformation is everywhere, and my sources are no exception. Pied piper candidates? Who does the deep state want? Does it even matter, and this is all political / espionage theater?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
They just sit there. No animation. It's incredibly simplistic, but I like seeing myself and my enemies attack the entire time
It's only on the DS games that the enemies aren't animated, though. On the 3DS games, they move around about as much as 3DS Pokémon. The first person view goes back to old CRPGs like Wizardry, which was one of the main influences on the series, but that sort of thing isn't for everyone, especially if you've grown used to modern games that do show the player characters fighting.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
On the contrary, it seems as if the opposition would want us to believe that WikiLeaks was compromised, so that it could be discredited. Disinformation is everywhere, and my sources are no exception. Pied piper candidates? Who does the deep state want? Does it even matter, and this is all political / espionage theater?
Dude, WikiLeaks was dead for a long time. Killed by his brother Lemmiwinks

Also @Zebei The Dom is going to review Scott Pilgrim VS The World. Thought you might wanna know that

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
See, the discussion on NeoGAF of SMX's waifu calling the Mario Kart and Splatoon games ports is exactly why I take issue with the term.

"EEeeeew they're just ports, I'm not buying a game I already have! Nintendo, you suck!"

Holy crud man they added every possible form of new content you could identify in those Splatoon clips. That's not even remotely the same game that you've played except in a sense so basic that a "proper" sequel would also qualify.

I don't know how Mario Kart should be referred to although at bare minimum that's also sure as heck not the exact same game, but Splatoon would likely be better served with the term "engine recycling" with all the things they either did to it or would have to do to it. And as much it doesn't seem like the thought was entertained, the time frame from the Inklings fully existing to an initial demo was SIX MONTHS. Splatoon released LESS THAN A YEAR AND A HALF after it's main character was decided. If they recycled the engine and used the old one as a base, they're basically free to add whatever the heck they want to in that timeframe with development speeds like that. "The same game" my tentacles.
Is it confirmed that the new Splatoon game is a new game? I recall Nintendo released the official name for that game no?

Also i'm almost certain that the Mario Kart game is going to be a port. Also think that Smash Bros will also be a port but will be released in the holiday season with a bunch of new content.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Gonna be getting Pokémon Sun demo this Monday. I heard there were daily events. What ones did I miss?
There's one that gave you a bunch of Pretty Wings no biggie...but there was an event that involved Lillie...not much but its a small interaction with her acting suspicious...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am willing to spoil pokemon you can get so I can figure out a team

But I am not willing to spoil plot details

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There's one that gave you a bunch of Pretty Wings no biggie...but there was an event that involved Lillie...not much but its a small interaction with her acting suspicious...
Okay great, thanks. Yeah I was wondering if I'd need to back up my 3DS Date but for a few wings and a scene, I won't.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Is it confirmed that the new Splatoon game is a new game? I recall Nintendo released the official name for that game no?

Also i'm almost certain that the Mario Kart game is going to be a port. Also think that Smash Bros will also be a port but will be released in the holiday season with a bunch of new content.
My argument was more that the semantics of the word "port" are underselling what was changed than whether or not the games themselves qualify at all. I.E. By the word "port" being used, it makes people assume little to nothing at all was changed and that the games aren't worth purchasing for Switch as a result when that's not the case when you actually look.

I can't see anything on a name for the Splatoon game, upon looking for news the most relevant thing seems to be this from the Splatoon Japanese Twitter:

Emergency reporting! Was investigating the video published by that company is... and it is. A new species of squid. I wonder exactly what is happening! It is not yet known for more information, there is no information available to tell you, but continue to do research and we intend. And you want to wait. https://www.nintendo.co.jp/switch/index.html…
A new species of squid. . .hmmmm. . .

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
All this talk about Maxie, Archie, Team Magma, and Team Aqua made me come up with a new Strawpoll...

When we had that villainous team leader Strawpoll, Maxie and Archie were tied...

When we had the favorite villainous team Strawpoll a while back, Team Magma won out compared to Team Aqua, but we were also comparing them to other villainous teams...

That is why it is time NintenZone should settle this debate once for all...

Team Magma or Team Aqua?

Answer in this link: http://www.strawpoll.me/11482587

Giving my vote to Team Magma. I think their goal of expanding land mass to improve human innovation is more reasonable than expanding the sea to improve underwater ecosystem. I also liked Maxie, Tabitha, and Courtney more than Archie, Matt, and Shellie.
Magma. of the admins and leader, I liked maxie a lot more (smarter, more respectable, relied on intelligence, an man I love the I will bury you line). Of the Admins, both have one that's a lot more likeable.
Unpopular opinion incoming.
I like Shelly a lot more than Matt.
Shelly and Courtney I like more so than Matt and Tabitha.But of those two......Courtney tops with her robotic psycho personality.

But the sharpedo sub looks so much cooler than the camerupt sub, I'll give aqua that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah port implies nothing is going to be added when that isn't always the case. Whatever Splatoon game comes out will have much more content in the game I bet even though I don't care about Splatoon personally. The Mario Kart game is almost 100% a port but it'll have new racers and tracks to sell the game to both new and pre-existing MK8 users.

What Nintendo needs to do though is make it very clear to the consumer that despite these games being ports that they'll have a lot more content than the original versions. If needed their should be a special promotion where pre-existing MK8 users get a discount of 50% off if they already have the Wii U version. Also think that should be done for Smash Bros as well.

50% off Smash Switch if you have either Smash Wii U or Smash 3DS
75% off Smash Switch if you have both Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS

D

Deleted member

Found something interesting.

Possible story spoilers on Sun/Moon below.

It's a nice theory, but I think it's fake.

For one thing, it doesn't explain why they come out of wormholes, the resemblance to certain humans and if they really are just Pokemon why would they need a special Pokeball?
That would fit with my virus theory, though I guess that'd involve other microscopic beings
Pretty sure the guy is just speculating though
And I think their resemblance to NPCs is just that, a resemblance
I mean, we've got only two so far that clearly look like NPCs and none of the leaked ones look like any of the known characters so far
And the fact UB-02 Beauty is only in Moon kinda hurts the chance of her being related to Lusamine

Still, there's one thing I would like to comment one I didn't realise before
The fact that you'll be able to catch UBs is huge
If they are indeed NOT Pokemon, this means we'll have non-Pokemon playable, and while it may not look like such a big deal at first, we're talking about things that may not even follow Pokemon's usual rules
We don't know if they have types, abilities, how many moves they can have, etc etc.
Besides, their designs are clearly not Pokemon-ish, as much as the artstyle changes between Gens, you can still look at a Pokemon you've never seen before and know it's a Pokemon
UBs are... those weird Fakemon you find in hacks
Apparently it's 3 hours according to Laura Dale. She's pretty reliable imo

As Moydow said, they all move as much as Pokemon in 3D
There are no animations for the player characters besides the skills animations but that is because the genre it is based off doesn't has those either
but i guess u just a filthy weeb that cant comprehend true art

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yeah port implies nothing is going to be added when that isn't always the case. Whatever Splatoon game comes out will have much more content in the game I bet even though I don't care about Splatoon personally. The Mario Kart game is almost 100% a port but it'll have new racers and tracks to sell the game to both new and pre-existing MK8 users.

What Nintendo needs to do though is make it very clear to the consumer that despite these games being ports that they'll have a lot more content than the original versions. If needed their should be a special promotion where pre-existing MK8 users get a discount of 50% off if they already have the Wii U version. Also think that should be done for Smash Bros as well.

50% off Smash Switch if you have either Smash Wii U or Smash 3DS
75% off Smash Switch if you have both Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS
How would this work for those with the physical copies?

Digital is easy (or at least should be, but knowing Ninty they'll **** up) since all it'd need to do is check your account. But I don't think there's much you can do with a physical copy.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That would fit with my virus theory, though I guess that'd involve other microscopic beings
Pretty sure the guy is just speculating though
And I think their resemblance to NPCs is just that, a resemblance
I mean, we've got only two so far that clearly look like NPCs and none of the leaked ones look like any of the known characters so far
And the fact UB-02 Beauty is only in Moon kinda hurts the chance of her being related to Lusamine

Still, there's one thing I would like to comment one I didn't realise before
The fact that you'll be able to catch UBs is huge
If they are indeed NOT Pokemon, this means we'll have non-Pokemon playable, and while it may not look like such a big deal at first, we're talking about things that may not even follow Pokemon's usual rules
We don't know if they have types, abilities, how many moves they can have, etc etc.
Besides, their designs are clearly not Pokemon-ish, as much as the artstyle changes between Gens, you can still look at a Pokemon you've never seen before and know it's a Pokemon
UBs are... those weird Fakemon you find in hacks

As Moydow said, they all move as much as Pokemon in 3D
There are no animations for the player characters besides the skills animations but that is because the genre it is based off doesn't has those either
but i guess u just a filthy weeb that cant comprehend true art
Who said you could catch UBs?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How would this work for those with the physical copies?

Digital is easy (or at least should be, but knowing Ninty they'll **** up) since all it'd need to do is check your account. But I don't think there's much you can do with a physical copy.
There's a certain serial number with physical copies that will recognize the copies you owned. I did this for the Mewtwo promotion where if you had both the Wii U and the 3DS version you could get him for free and my copies of both games were physical.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Anything new happened?

Played enough tough matches with a good Dedede and it's time to face San... errr Ness tonight.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There's a certain serial number with physical copies that will recognize the copies you owned. I did this for the Mewtwo promotion where if you had both the Wii U and the 3DS version you could get him for free and my copies of both games were physical.
What about the people who bought the Smash Splat bundle with the games built onto the system?

. . .I get the feeling I'm a bit stuck no matter how this pans out.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Didn't they discontinue those?

You're referring to the codes used for Club Nintendo right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom