• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The latest two episodes of Generations really brings this to mind.

Except with the last panel replaced by

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Star Wars Rebels: The Nostalgia Episode

Battle Droids! Kilani is back! A proper end to the Clone Wars! Battle Droid shenanigans!
Loved this episode and hope Kilani and his droids show up a bit later to help the Rebels once he has more resources.
Also shows how Rex has aged a lot, he takes two silly hits (not even a scratch though) and is on edge.

Not really confusing. Things turned out very differently to how he imagined they would once he awakened Kyogre.

He literally said LISTEN UP! While Kyogra was still trapped in stone.
That takes a unique kind of dumb.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Anyway, yeah, I'm really interested in trying out the demo.

My concerns are how it controls are the fact that looks a little too open ended (though not to GHP Act 2 levels of overkill).
There are more kinds of pleasure moans than just the sexual kind, boi :c

But yeah, my main issue with GHP Act 2 was that it wasn't very polished and I didn't like the "Mach State" thing all that much (it was just the Boost, except it wasn't directly in your control, which made it very unwieldy). That and the high and mighty attitude of the developers and it's fans didn't help.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Disc games cost what they cost because they're on home consoles, and the price of home console games has always hovered around the $60-70 mark. NES games back in their day cost ~$60 new, SNES games cost $60-70 new, N64 games cost $70 new, and they were all on carts. If you account for inflation, technically games today are cheaper than ever.
And if we didn't have inflation they'd probably be something like $30. Thanks, central banks!

The person responsible for the DDoS was just this ****ing weeb.

Wtf.
When the attacks were happening, http://map.norsecorp.com/ was down.
However, it turns out that https://threatmap.fortiguard.com/ was up.
Guess what they captured?
https://www.superstation95.com/index.php/world/2296
It seems most of the attacks originated from the McConnell Air Force Base in Wichita, Kansas.
So either hackers have control over USAF bases or the US Gov't carried out the attacks. Or the article is pure bunk.
The plot is already pretty darn thick, if it gets too thick it's gonna take forever to bake and the outsides are gonna be crispy af. Might not ever get to eat that tasty plot. :\
I just hope our hero Assange is A.O.K.

You know, here's a fun thing to try.

Take each of the companies on the Third Party list and speculate what they could have on the Switch.

Here is the list.
Nobody in this thread has commented on Epic Games yet.
Easily, the Unreal engine and the new Unreal Tournament.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What did this fictional character do to you, kill your family?
I hate yanderes. I also hate it when it's way too hot. And Aqua is the better team

Jaedrik Jaedrik I have a conspiracy for you~
A baking contest was held in the Netherlands and losing participates cried foul. They were given salt and flour instead of sugar and baking powder, the winner used dough she brought from home and the judges didn't call her out on it. The winning participate COINCIDENTALLY was the organizer's sister

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
who has done that, and when did they do it?
dude, I cant remember all the times but I know Ash does it. But Im sure it happens a lot with multiple trainers

Its like a running thing, pokemon faints, they call it back, talk to the pokemon in the ball saying "you did good"

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, in the generations universe Archie and Maxie died?

Because I'm fairly certain they didn't in game
I'd argue that while Archie probably did, I don't think we can conclude Maxie did.

Yeah, Courtney had the vision, but that falls into the whole "was it the only future, or instead only a possible future" thing. As well, Archie was in a much worse position comparatively. Maxie could have theoretically gotten out of the way of Groudon's blast, but Archie was in the middle of the ocean on a surfaced submarine. There was nowhere he could have gone.

In other words, with Maxie, while possible, there's still the odd chance he lived. Archie? Not so much.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
"Literally crazy and in love" = Yandere
"Crazy in love" = normal hopeless romantic
I hate yanderes. I also hate it when it's way too hot. And Aqua is the better team

Jaedrik Jaedrik I have a conspiracy for you~
A baking contest was held in the Netherlands and losing participates cried foul. They were given salt and flour instead of sugar and baking powder, the winner used dough she brought from home and the judges didn't call her out on it. The winning participate COINCIDENTALLY was the organizer's sister
That conflict of interest, though?! And those coincidences?! We've got a theory!
Also of note: computers in Washington D.C. also attacked that airforce base in Kansas. THE HECK IS GOING ON THO

dude, I cant remember all the times but I know Ash does it. But Im sure it happens a lot with multiple trainers

Its like a running thing, pokemon faints, they call it back, talk to the pokemon in the ball saying "you did good"
They also talk to their passed out mons. It could be just a bunch of overly-sentimental people
Then again, I think I recall someone giving their 'mon an order as they were throwing the Pokeball, and the 'mon doing the move as they came out.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
there are good yanderes and bad yanderes

ex, anna from that anime I dont care about is a bad one. The team magma chick, does that really count as yandere?
She has an unhealthy obsession with the main character and is stalker-ish
The poster girl for Yandere is a character I hate too. Yuno Gasai. Loved Mirai Nikki despite her though

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'd argue that while Archie probably did, I don't think we can conclude Maxie did.

Yeah, Courtney had the vision, but that falls into the whole "was it the only future, or instead only a possible future" thing. As well, Archie was in a much worse position comparatively. Maxie could have theoretically gotten out of the way of Groudon's blast, but Archie was in the middle of the ocean on a surfaced submarine. There was nowhere he could have gone.

In other words, with Maxie, while possible, there's still the odd chance he lived. Archie? Not so much.
I have to disagree, Groudon's blast blew up an entire island mass in the vision, so I highly doubt Maxie had the time to jump off before Groudon incinerated him and the other Magma members. Plus it seems like, while focusing on different teams, Aqua's story was meant to continue off of Magma's from last week. So more then likely both would've met the same fate within Generations if they are meant to be parallels to each other.

Lets say they are both stupid
Both are shortsighted really, they just see the immediate results for what they wanted for the world and failed to see the destruction that could be brought from such an option. It's basically another "humans cannot control nature" type thing, though in their cases they realize their mistake sooner and don't die for it.

I will say the Generation episode did kind of make Archie seem denser then he was in the games, as lines like the Blue Orb didn't come off that well for him (Jamieson Pierce still did a good job with the character though).

Speaking of Pokemon, I've finally completed Soulsilver:

This one took a lot longer then the Johto half as getting to a decent level to take him on was more tedious, and even then my team was high 50s/low 60s. Personally, I think doing a nuzlocke for this game wasn't the best idea since the leveling curve really makes grinding a pain and it kind of hampered my enjoyment at points. With that said, I still love this game and even this most recent playthrough hasn't changed that. I still enjoy the updates they did to the region (and Kanto), I like being able to see how Kanto evolved during the three years that have passed (especially with how it was updated), and I do enjoy the extra features that they placed into the game as it helped break up some of the monotony of grinding. It's still not a perfect game and the leveling curve still remains its biggest hindrance, but it's one I'll probably still go back to.

Team thoughts:

Best starter, 10/10 I remember him being very strong in my Crystal playthrough and despite some of the changes between that and Soulsilver, he still remains a strong Pokémon nonetheless. He gets pretty good coverage early on and it can carry him until the endgame, making him very reliable throughout. He's not without flaws and Gyarados is a good alternative to him, but this guy definitely carries his own weight.

Very helpful for this nuzlocke, while I'm usually adverse to using legendaries, the amount of deaths that my Pokémon kept enduring forced me to get a good tank and this guy was my best option (or Skarmory, but a certain teddy bear put an end to using it). He could take a lot of punishment no matter what was thrown at him, with the battle against Lance and a couple Kanto Gym Leaders being his shining moment in that regard. Also, due to his still decent attack stats, he was able to dish out damage very effectively, even if he wasn't the strongest candidate I had for coverage. So he ended up being probably my third most reliable member of the team, which is expected of a Pokémon of his caliber.

Ms. big and reliable, she couldn't take as much damage as Lugia, so she was mostly just relegated to KOing those very common water and flying types, but she did prove useful in a few battles. Her best moment was probably Red's since due to a couple of his Pokémon having Blizzard, I couldn't throw out Lugia without the likelihood of him being KO'd, so her bulk along with her strengths and ability to Paralyze became a boon in the last battle.

The second longest-lasting member of my team. Overall, he was probably second to Feraligatr in terms of usefulness in the Johto half, as he could cover a lot of ground that Feraligatr could not. He also had a good amount of utility due to being able to learn Stealth Rocks and Toxic Spikes, which made getting that extra damage for the KO much easier.

Joined the team during Kanto, raising this guy was a pain due to the lack of areas to grind him up, but it ended up being worth it since due to his speed and good power he was able to catch up fast enough and put in work. He fell behind once we got to Red since his lack of bulk meant he fainted rather quickly, but his journey leading up to it was worth the investment.

The other member that joined in during Kanto. Unlike Houndoom, unfortunately this guy hit a number of walls, and I feel that was due to having to train him up, not having as many applicable uses as Houndoom did, and overlapping with Lugia somewhat. He ended up just being the extra whenever I needed something to deal with a Psychic type that had bulk, and that ended up making him the niche option of my team.

As for what's next,

For this playthrough, I won't be doing another nuzlocke since I've done that twice in a row and I've already done it for White. Instead, this playthrough will be geared towards using Pokémon I've never used before, which would include Tepig for the starters, along with examples like Druddigon, Darmanitan, Sawsbuck, Leavanny, Accelgor and other such options. As for which one I'd use, Tepig is the only one solidified, but I'll probably start playing with my options soon enough.

Speaking of censorship.
This reminds me that I have to pick up SMTIV:A soon, I've been meaning to do it, but I just haven't had the time to pick up a new game.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I have no idea even what is Pokemons plot. Nintenzone and Generations are to be thanked for what I missed playing Blue and Emerald.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My brother is clearing stuff out of his room and we found some gems.

IMAG0530.jpg

The KH2 copy is my cousin's, so I'll surprise him with that. I also always wondered what happened to my Rayman Rush copy.

D

Deleted member

Man, this new episode of Drifters was everything I expected from this series
A lot of action and I love the characterization of the historical figures
From Joan D'Arc burning down soldiers to Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid shooting orcs or a fight between a WWII warplane and dragons

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
All this talk about Maxie, Archie, Team Magma, and Team Aqua made me come up with a new Strawpoll...

When we had that villainous team leader Strawpoll, Maxie and Archie were tied...

When we had the favorite villainous team Strawpoll a while back, Team Magma won out compared to Team Aqua, but we were also comparing them to other villainous teams...

That is why it is time NintenZone should settle this debate once for all...

Team Magma or Team Aqua?

Answer in this link: http://www.strawpoll.me/11482587

Giving my vote to Team Magma. I think their goal of expanding land mass to improve human innovation is more reasonable than expanding the sea to improve underwater ecosystem. I also liked Maxie, Tabitha, and Courtney more than Archie, Matt, and Shellie.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really like Courtney's original/adventures design.

Welp. I know what my next avatar is gonna be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
All this talk about Maxie, Archie, Team Magma, and Team Aqua made me come up with a new Strawpoll...

When we had that villainous team leader Strawpoll, Maxie and Archie were tied...

When we had the favorite villainous team Strawpoll a while back, Team Magma won out compared to Team Aqua, but we were also comparing them to other villainous teams...

Team Magma or Team Aqua?

Giving my vote to Team Magma. I think their goal of expanding land mass to improve human innovation is more reasonable than expanding the sea to improve underwater ecosystem. I also liked Maxie, Tabitha, and Courtney more than Archie, Matt, and Shellie.
Is there a "nether" option?

D

Deleted member

I found the voice familiar and looked it up and as it turns out, Butch from Drifters is voiced by Jotaro

ITT: pepple discussing Pokemon waifus when everyone knows Tabitha is best waifu

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Man, this new episode of Drifters was everything I expected from this series
A lot of action and I love the characterization of the historical figures
From Joan D'Arc burning down soldiers to Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid shooting orcs or a fight between a WWII warplane and dragons
I can't wait too watch it. Sounds awesome.

D

Deleted member

Also, I'm gonna throw some fire onto the table.

Original Shelly is better!!!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Voted Magma. Make Land great again

I'd take a professional looking mafia over a gang of pirates.

That said, I enjoy the bat****crazy portrayal of ORAS Archie. :laugh:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I found the voice familiar and looked it up and as it turns out, Butch from Drifters is voiced by Jotaro

ITT: pepple discussing Pokemon waifus when everyone knows Tabitha is best waifu
Tabitha is a dude that's gay af you gay

Also, here's my list of reasons why Magma is inferior
Yandere is ew
They probably hate puppies
Not as cool as Aqua
Morons like fire types in a region with a ****ton of water
Groundon more like GET POUND ON HAHAHA FUNNY MEME
IGN is part of Magma

Actual reason: I just prefer Aqua's characters

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yay, sorry for the late *** reply but I slept way too much
My exploration would be doing a lot better if Atlus could localise their own damn games so I have to focus on beating Ur-Child in EOIIU
I'm hoping there'll be some info on a US release of EO5 once SMT Apocalypse goes away. Probably won't actually be released until after Persona 5, though, so you'll have plenty of time to work on those postgame bosses... Meanwhile, Atlus hate Europe, so we'll probably be lucky to get it over here before 2018. I could just import once it hits the US (thanks to homebrew), but then I'd miss out on any updates or DLC. :/

I don't really bother much with postgame stuff myself; the main games are long enough as is - it usually takes me like 60 hours to finish the main story, which is more than enough dungeon crawling at a time for me. The Ur-Child sounds like an absolute beast, though - I thought the HP bloat in that game was bad enough with the Juggernaut having 72,000 HP, but that thing has like twice that? Have fun with that :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm kinda of the opinion ORAs is a great remake and better than the originals, but still prefer the aesthetics of the characters in the original over the newer one. Probably unpopular opinion, but yeah. Def prefer this Flannery's outfit:

Over this one.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

Team Magma or Team Aqua?

> Land is able to be owned

> Ocean is not able to be owned

> Land has all the capital

> Ocean is devoid of human development except nuclear and oil leaks

Solution? Privatize water.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom