• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know, thinking about the customization features of Sun and Moon, I do hope they add a load of new stuff as well as bringing back the old. Add a much bigger variety versus XY. But one thing I really hope they add is customizable body features. Yes, you can change your eye, hair and skin color, but let's go even furthur and add weight features. Tatoos and eye shapes too. Pokken did the latter but GF seems to really want your character to look like a spring chicken every time. How about some meat on those bones? I'm just saying.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just want to try UB-01. The others are either meh or too creepy. I mean, well, I'm going to try them all regardless, but I wanna try squid girl first.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Maybe the UB Ball 'scales their strength' or some other Gamefreak crapola.

I'm halfway through an XY wonderlocke and am finding it so boring, despite have cool Pokemon on my team.

Too much exp. is gained.

I think I might switch to a monotype run. I've never actually completed one, but I got pretty far with my Ghost and Dark runs.

I'm thinking I'll do a Fighting run. Either that or Flying.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Beauty's going into my PC, depending on how far into the game i can catch it. Knowing past games that'll be right before the final challenger or challengers. So it'll go into my PC, unless I have a great deal of trouble with the final parts.
Well, it'll PROBABLY go into my PC. I'm not sure. I'll go off of instinct after I catch it. Aside from game progression, moveset is another important thing that will determine if it goes on my team or not.
Plus there's all those other new pokemon to judge, including alolan forms.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So what due you guys think the Ash hat Pikachus in Sun & Moon will be?

A Cosplay Pikachu spiritual successor or simply an aesthetic change?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

Ash-Pikachu.
A post-game reward.
Or a "side event" triggered BECAUSE of having the Battle Bond Greninja, like how B/W had the Zorua that'd reveal itself if you had the event Celebi, or the weird capsule thing for Snarl.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For those worried about Deadpool 2 due to the recent news, it's not exactly a death knell. Ant-Man went through a Duke Nukem Forever sized development hell and had a directorial switch, and still ended up being a damn good film.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

I think the hats will be just an aesthetic change because of how rare it is the anime gets this big of a nod in the games.
Thats funny
:4villager: Nice bait. I'll play along.
Yeah, I doubt that will happen
Based on what? The fact its never happened before in the main games, or that your imagination is too narrow to comprehend such an "astounding" detail? Or are you simply denying it will happen?

Let's hear it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bug/Fighting for expansion imo

There are no new types, so it has to be existing ones

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Based on what? The fact its never happened before in the main games, or that your imagination is too narrow to comprehend such an "astounding" detail? Or are you simply denying it will happen?

Let's hear it.
Based on the fact that Pokemon games have never done that, the weight thing. Wouldn't they have done that in X and Y first where they introduced customization? Call me an ass, I dont care about what people say about me anymore

This is unrelated but what are Japas feelings toward tats and I guess bigger bodies?
that your imagination is too narrow to comprehend such an "astounding" detail?
Also nice assuming. But the words you put in my mouth didn't taste really good

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
For those worried about Deadpool 2 due to the recent news, it's not exactly a death knell. Ant-Man went through a Duke Nukem Forever sized development hell and had a directorial switch, and still ended up being a damn good film.
Plus Reynolds is part of why we even got Deadpool anyway.
Wouldn't be surprised if there's a joke in the film about the director leaving either

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Plus Reynolds is part of why we even got Deadpool anyway.
Wouldn't be surprised if there's a joke in the film about the director leaving anyway.

Just halfway through a fight scene, Deadpool's phone goes off. He calls a time out to answer it.

"Well, gotta wrap this on up. We got a new director and he wants to focus more on character interaction than raw kick-ass combat. Truce?"

(Of course the fight goes on right after)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If the UBs afe catchable what typing will they be?
I'm betting when you fihgt them they'll either have no type and/or NPC only types with all resistances but when you catch them they change to typical types.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Good point, but I can't help but feel a bit worried.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Based on the fact that Pokemon games have never done that, the weight thing. Wouldn't they have done that in X and Y first where they introduced customization?
XY was the first time customization was introduced so it can get the pass from not introducing it. Sun and Moon is a future game that's obviously implemented more into the game itself, from visable healing at Pokémon Centers, etc.. Which is why I feel its a possibility.

You should of posted this to begin with. Instead you just say, "nah" and expect me to just roll with that? Absolutely not.
Also nice assuming. But the words you put in my mouth didn't taste really good
Except I didn't put them in your mouth. I was asking if that was a possible reason for you not seeing those type of cosmetics in the game. You're playing victim when you started it with a sarcastic post in the first place.
Call me an ***, I dont care about what people say about me anymore
I'm not playing this game. You want to call my opinion funny, you're going to get a response of a similar nature.

I've had a bad day, and I don't need you stomping on my opinion without any argument. Hell I'll give you an argument; the weight cosmetic might not work because they would have to scale to clothing in game which could mean they'd have to make different sizes of clothes for said characters because of modeling.

Honestly, I've had enough of people stepping on my opinions. You don't like it? Fine. But if you're going to just shut it down without reason, hit the ****ing road.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
the weight cosmetic might not work because they would have to scale to clothing in game which could mean they'd have to make different sizes of clothes for said characters because of modeling.
Well I understand that, But what about the tattoos? I don't think Japan is all for tattoos yet( at least I don't think) so wouldnt that also be an issue?

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well I understand that, But what about the tattoos? I don't think Japan is all for tattoos yet( at least I don't think) so wouldnt that also be an issue?
Depends on the tattoos I think, I don't know. Pokken had tatoos, so I don't see why the main games can't.

EDIT: I'm not talking, like, body tattoos, by the way. Facial tattoos, like the backwards triangles under eyes, etc..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Physically", which likely means that we'll be able to get WiiU games off of the Switchs Eshop
But it's already been confirmed that the Switch will be a "single-screen experience", so the most I'd expect are Wii U games that don't require the Gamepad and support the Classic Controller and/or the Pro Controller.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But it's already been confirmed that the Switch will be a "single-screen experience", so the most I'd expect are Wii U games that don't require the Gamepad and support the Classic Controller and/or the Pro Controller.
And anything else would be modified ports. Like Smash. Since it requires the touchscreen at many times for both the 3DS and Wii U versions, it'd be modified to have a different enough control scheme. Whether or not it'd have all the same features(Stage Builder, Smash Run, Smash Tour, Tournament Mode, etc.) as both games combined is a different story. It could be very different, bar the obvious key gameplay(although slight modifications could be made for balance is more characters come in).

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You know, thinking about the customization features of Sun and Moon, I do hope they add a load of new stuff as well as bringing back the old. Add a much bigger variety versus XY. But one thing I really hope they add is customizable body features. Yes, you can change your eye, hair and skin color, but let's go even furthur and add weight features. Tatoos and eye shapes too. Pokken did the latter but GF seems to really want your character to look like a spring chicken every time. How about some meat on those bones? I'm just saying.
I don't see Tats happening because they're, I guess taboo in a lot of areas. But the other stuff would be super cool to happen. Maybe I don't want my character to look like a kid but a young adult.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom