• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, a design can make sense and still look dumb.
I mean, I like the design myself, but I get what you mean. Reasonable justification does not necessarily change a person's opinion. And that's okay.

I still like the fabulous jokes, though.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
@Kabuto Gwen gosh dang Snipe is arrogant at the start too. Emu is bad at explaining things too (though, he should've just thought to move Yuuki away from the fighting in the first place). How the hell can Snipe see with that lime-yellow bang in front of his eye?! Anyways, I find it fun that the director is so easily swayed by Poppy Pipopapo. AND HOW TF YUUKI ESCAPE FROM SECRET PLACE THEIR SECURITY IS TRASH. Rider tanking shots even though he's at 1 hp. Aaaand, Snipe taking his Gashat even though he didn't agree to the bet. I wonder who round-shades be.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
For those who think Alolan :051: looks stupid and makes no sense, there's actually a REAL WORLD reason behind the design.

Game Freak probably has a team dedicated to do heavy research on the flora and fauna of the IRL place where a region is based for and they pick the weirdest/silliest things to implement it in Pokémon species.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's odd. I have Daisy's amiibo and she looks almost exactly the same as her art but she looks a lot less like "HIIMDAISY" and more "Oh no, you diunt!"

So today I learned when I was younger I was referred to as "The Baby" often by mother for quite a while.

I guess that explains why I liked Metroid and didn't hate Other M.

:061:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pena was on board before Wright left, so not sure where your info is coming from~
I was slightly mistaken. Peña was signed on, but the long winded story bits Luis did weren't in he Wright version, and ey were his best parts. :p

Source

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Game Freak probably has a team dedicated to do heavy research on the flora and fauna of the IRL place where a region is based for and they pick the weirdest/silliest things to implement it in Pokémon species.
I've never heard of them going a tenth as deep into a region before as they have this Gen. Dipping into obscure inspirations that no one else would notice at times, sure, but not specifically themed like this.

It's pretty impressive to watch, though.

It's just too bad Hawaii's a volcanic island chain during the time the research kicked into gear, though. The reason we don't have new fossil lines is probably partially because there's simply not any fossils to be found on a chunk of burning lava dated too new for any fossils to even end up there.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I've never heard of them going a tenth as deep into a region before as they have this Gen. Dipping into obscure inspirations that no one else would notice at times, sure, but not specifically themed like this.

It's pretty impressive to watch, though.

It's just too bad Hawaii's a volcanic island chain during the time the research kicked into gear, though. The reason we don't have new fossil lines is probably partially because there's simply not any fossils to be found on a chunk of burning lava dated too new for any fossils to even end up there.
Regional dex shows that there actually are fossil Pokemon, just not natives to Alola.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I was slightly mistaken. Peña was signed on, but the long winded story bits Luis did weren't in he Wright version, and ey were his best parts. :p

Source
Ah, I see. That's interesting. Though given Wright's trademarks you'd have to imagine there would still be a handful of moments in the movie that were stylistically very similar.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I feel for Sakurai if Smash Switch is already in development. Who exactly does he have to add outside of more third parties and stray Nintendo allstars like the Inklings, Toad, K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and the forever doomed Ridley? A new Pokémon?

I doubt he's really had time to consider many newcomers yet if he's already at work on the next installment.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah, I see. That's interesting. Though given Wright's trademarks you'd have to imagine there would still be a handful of moments in the movie that were stylistically very similar.
This is also reminding me that I still need to see Scott Pilgrim vs The World. I've been meaning to, but still haven't gotten around to it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I feel for Sakurai if Smash Switch is already in development. Who exactly does he have to add outside of more third parties and stray Nintendo allstars like the Inklings, Toad, K. Rool, Dixie Kong, and the forever doomed Ridley? A new Pokémon?

I doubt he's really had time to consider many newcomers yet if he's already at work on the next installment.
Isaac of course.

Also I like your avy

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This is also reminding me that I still need to see Scott Pilgrim vs The World. I've been meaning to, but still haven't gotten around to it.
I need you to log out. I need you to log out right now and watch this movie.

Don't come back until you have or you're banned. I'm contacting the moderators now. This is a serious offense. :p

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Wolf and Ice Climbers? They're major cuts people are up in arms about.

Also, so far, the only information we have on Smash NX is that Bandai-Namco are behind it. We don't know what Sakurai's involvement is(I think he is involved, but keep in mind Iwata is the reason Sakurai is brought back to Smash, and well... he's not here anymore, so things could change. Not saying that as a knock to anyone, but being realistic).

D

Deleted member

Somehow, when seeing your name and avatar in my notification box, I figured you were Roger Smith with a different name.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Also, so far, the only information we have on Smash NX is that Bandai-Namco are behind it. We don't know what Sakurai's involvement is(I think he is involved, but keep in mind Iwata is the reason Sakurai is brought back to Smash, and well... he's not here anymore, so things could change. Not saying that as a knock to anyone, but being realistic).
SNAKE

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Scott Pilgrim is alright, It gets worse the more times I watched it.
You lie. That movie gets more golden everytime I watch it. :p

But yes it is I Roger Smith. Just figured I'd use my typical name I use everywhere else. Easier to have different avatars. I always feel weird being named after a character and not having an avatar of them. -shrugs-

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Didn't they discontinue those?

You're referring to the codes used for Club Nintendo right?
It's the serial number used on the cover of 3DS/Wii U titles. I don't see why they would be discontinued when you still can enter the serial number on the games and then Niny recognizes that you bought the game.

Of course this would only work for the digital versions but still it's a good way for pre-existing Smash 4 owners to not have to spend a lot of money on what's essentially minus the extra hypothetical content the same game.

As someone who bought both the 3DS and Wii U version I don't want to have to spend full price on yet another Smash 4.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Snake would be awesome to come back. However.....Konami.

I expect Wolf and Ice Climbers will return.

Isaac is probably never happening, unless his series returns.

I expect we will see some of the third party franchises gets a second playable icon. Chunners for Street Fighter maybe. Tails/Knuckles/Robotnik for Sonic. Another FF character could be possible as well.

A second Animal Crossing rep is likely. Either Nook or Isabelle.

Last edited:

Chrono.

We have information on Smash NX??

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think he's operating under the notion that Bandai Namco was employing people for Smash 6 and that wasn't the DLC characters.

But they did make 7 DLC characters so I'd wager it was probably them they were hiring for.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Same rumor as last time. Bandai-Namco is developing it. That's it. We don't know if it's a port or all new game either. With the controllers confirmed to not have touch screen, it would have to be a changed-up port in some way. As I said before, both Smash 4 versions require a touch screen to play fully. Something would be changed. It may not be much, of course, but who knows what'll happen.

Of course, if it's an all new game, it could be quite interesting. But that also means the roster is likely going to be changed a bit. If only due to renewing copyrights and such for characters like Cloud, where Square-Enix is stingy(that said, if FFVIIr is coming to Switch, they could jump at the chance for promotional purposes), and if Sakurai isn't actually involved, who knows what could happen. That means his "rules" aren't there. Albeit, as I said as well, I think he is involved, but we won't know till the next Smash is announced and/or more information is given beyond a rumor.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
When a movie starts like this (no spoilers)
You know you have to watch it.

Seriously though. It's in my top three fav movies of all time, and I think you'd really dig it. Especially if you liked those Luis parts. Give it a watch asap.

I need you to log out. I need you to log out right now and watch this movie.

Don't come back until you have or you're banned. I'm contacting the moderators now. This is a serious offense. :p
Yes.

Scott Pilgrim is alright, It gets worse the more times I watched it.
No.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hope they keep the fire slash for announcing newcomers though.

That fire slash is epic. Got you hyped every single time.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You lie. That movie gets more golden everytime I watch it. :p

But yes it is I Roger Smith. Just figured I'd use my typical name I use everywhere else. Easier to have different avatars. I always feel weird being named after a character and not having an avatar of them. -shrugs-
Are you insinuating something

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If Smash Switch is a beefed up Wii U, I'm really not even expecting new characters (not even lazily done Brawl ports).

I'd love to be wrong but I need to know whether or not Smash Switch is actually guaranteed.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Andy because Nintendo Wars/Advance Wars is a series important to Nintendo's history going back all the way to 1988 (before Fire Emblem) and spanning 8 different Nintendo platforms. Should have had a character back in Brawl really. If there's an AW game for the Switch then maybe just maybe it will be Andy's day. Wishful thinking on my part I know but still.

Isaac and K. Rool as well but I sort of agree with you on the former's chances due to Golden Sun being in limbo (here's hoping GS4 happens sooner than later). He still might have a chance if he placed 2nd or 3rd in the Ballot but I don't think he placed that highly.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Are you insinuating something
Nah, son. You're not named after Mercy so if you changed tomorrow to someone else? It's like whatever, rep another fav of yours, with me?

I was named Roger Smith. If I was rocking an avatar that wasn't that grey alien I always felt strange.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nah, son. You're not named after Mercy so if you changed tomorrow to someone else? It's like whatever, rep another fav of yours, with me?

I was named Roger Smith. If I was rocking an avatar that wasn't that grey alien I always felt strange.
Plus, considering who you're named after, and when you get into character, you just gotta look the part. I get ya.

It's why my avatar is always fitting to my current name.

Of course, for people who rarely change usernames, it's not a thing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Well he doesn't need to add too many newcomers to the enhanced port. Even half of the ones you mentioned (plus Wolf & ICs) would probably suffice.

And then hopefully by the time Smash 5 comes around Nintendo has a new IP or two, has revived a dormant one, and/or has new flavours of the month.

Scott Pilgrim talk?

I want to get into it. I just need to find out where to find the comics.
Comic stores.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I was named Odin Dark for months and didn't have him as my avatar. I thought you were talking about me. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom