• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
You know what I want for the next Smash? I want every single last character to get cut and get replaced by extremely random characters. Just to see the Internet burn. :demon:

:094:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I myself find myself rooting for Geno because of his staying power in the hearts and minds of tons of Nintendo gamers.

That and my best friend who made me play Super Mario RPG would have such a party of happiness if he ever evolved beyond a Mii Fighter costume.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Got to root for Arcade Bunny first!

There is a long list of desired characters though for me.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If I were to want an Overwatch character in Smash. It'd be Symmetra though. Not only because she's on my favorite Overwatch characters list, but because I'd like to see how her turret and shield would effect Smash gameplay.

But mostly because I'd love for one of her taunts to be her ***** throne. How satisfying is that thing? Nothing like it.

But that's neither here nor there, because Overwatch will very unlikely ever appear in a crossover not made by Blizzard.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As far as Smash goes

My top 4 remains the same...
Midna, Dark Samus, Impa, Ridley

As far as stages...
Phendrana Drifts, Tetris, Clock Town, Mario Striker's Stage

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Andy is my number 1 choice for a newcomer and the character I want the most.

Other than that I want...

- Isaac
- K. Rool
- Crash
- Heihachi
- Snake

And a bunch i'm not thinking of ATM.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I would love to if i had time but i have a feeling school and work would make me difficult to work with

also im terrible at it even if i love it
:061:
Is that a maybe? :p

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm already on the Smash Switch train, and anyone that knows me knows I want Rayman and Snake. And Banjo...
I even have a WIP sketchy roster thing.

Is that a maybe? :p
i suppose it would be. . .although i dont actually remember if i own L4D 1 on PC (played on xbox for sure) or if i just played all the maps because they are on 2. So even my maybe is a maybe
I'm already on the Smash Switch train, and anyone that knows me knows I want Rayman and Snake. And Banjo...
I even have a WIP sketchy roster thing.
Kid Icarus newcomer is great :shades:

:061:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Professor Layton still remains my number one most wanted character to this day. Gallade is right behind him, but I know he is more a pipe dream at this point compared to the Professor.

Bandana Dee, Azura, Inkling, Impa, Tetra, and Wolf are the others that I also want to see in Smash as well.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Zelda characters of interest to me(assuming they don't do the Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik combo, which honestly, why would they? Transformations being gone is great for balance reasons) are Tingle and Oracles design Impa. Tingle is an amazing character with tons of potential. Impa has tons of forms, but also tons of skills that can be applied(although not all are canon) if made a composite character like Zelda and Link.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Eh.

My faves back then were Tails and Elma.

I guess those haven't changed.

As usual, I expect neither.
My fav back anytime was Tails and. . .that about ends the list.

I started my observation of the Smash fandom via watching GameFAQs duke it out among themselves for multiple years, and Sonic does not have a kind reception on the internet.

I'm more jaded than a jewelry store when it comes to requests. Which I guess isn't that bad since I doubt jewelry stores carry that much jade compared to other gems.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ganon
Bandana Dee
Waluigi
Anna
Inkling

Top 5
Good night

Game Over, Return of Ganon
Dee day has come.
Waaatch out.
Armsmaster of Avarice
Inkvade the battlefield.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If Smash Speculation were to start again, then my original list of most wanted would still be around the same:
#1: K. Rool
#2: Isaac
#3: Inkling
#4: Takamaru
#5: Wolf
#6: Snake
#7: Elma (XBX)
and whoever I might add to a list of my most wanted characters.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Legit talk though, the only characters I really want at this point are King K., Ridley, Gengar, and Bandana Dee at this point. Most others that I do want are more so "You're important enough, you got potential, and your fanbase isn't crap, so you're cool, but if you don't, whatever" or are just extreme bias picks that I don't think are that important.

:094:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm not sure if I'll be as highly invested onto any newcomer support as I was for Smash 4. Just so long as my favourite veterans return (most particularly Toon Link and Mewtwo) I'll be happy enough.

Hopefully we won't get plagued by anything like the Gematsu Leak during the early stages of speculation again though....

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Rayman is still my number one choice for a new newcomer. Having Sonic, Mario, and Rayman, my three favorite fictional characters of all-time, battling with or against each other is literally a childhood dream come true.

In terms of others, Inkling is high up there and I would like Shantae (despite being unlikely).

I've also been quite fond of the idea of Dr. Eggman in Smash lately.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I'm still waiting for my butt butt to show up in some fashion. Mainly to listen to the glorious music from that game in Smash as I'm battling :X.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I want Lara Croft really badly, but she's a pipe dream.

Then again so was Cloud Strife and well....here he is.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Shovel Knight representing Nintendo's commitment to the indie community would be rather nice. He's also gonna fit in well because he's practically designed as a Nintendo character of olden days.

I really hope they do give him a chance.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Hulk's opponent for the next opponent Death Battle has been revealed! Here's the link if you want to find out who it is.

I'm not surprised Doomsday would be his opponent. He's one of the most popular suggestions for a battle against Hulk after all. This should be a pretty good battle in my eyes.

Personally, if I had to pick who I want to fight Hulk in a Death Battle, it would be this guy.

I think Hulk vs Berserker from Fate/Stay Night would be pretty hype-worthy to see.

Not to mention a Fate/Stay Night character featured in a Death Battle is long overdue at this point.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hulk should take on the Titans from Attack of the Titans.

It'd be interesting to see how he'd fare against giant flesh eating monsters of their size.

Didn't Marvel do a crossover with Attack? Was he in that? I didn't really pay attention to it. I only remember seeing Spider-Man in a panel from it.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The wine speaks to me:

Anna (DAS ME)
Mr. Hanafuda (O, Yumi-Chan, wherefore art thou?)
Waluigi (no, actually I don't WA)
Snake (Kojima partner)
K. Rool (probably too big)
Ridley (Chrono and the Too Bigots)
Bandana Dee (Chandelure guy ???)
Overwatch and another Blizzard character (because Activision partners w/ Switch lel)

Edit: I feel like I've made some poor decisions in my life. And now I'm having deja vu.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Hulk should take on the Titans from Attack of the Titans.

It'd be interesting to see how he'd fare against giant flesh eating monsters of their size.

Didn't Marvel do a crossover with Attack? Was he in that? I didn't really pay attention to it. I only remember seeing Spider-Man in a panel from it.
Yep, Hulk made an appearance in that crossover you are talking about.

I'd say if Hulk were to fight a Titan, he should fight a Titan Shifter. Normal Titans don't possess any thoughts other than walking around and trying to find someone to eat. On the other hand, Titan Shifters are much more intelligent and can take on different abilities depending on the kind of Titan Shifter they are.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hulk can't die so he'd win for sure.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
yeah...trading all my good stuff to my main version...what fun, especially when they don't let you trade because of HM's...

all those legends...and that shiny event Rayquaza from a while back...

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I have an old friend. He has cerebral palsy, surpassed me and is a second degree black belt in Kajukenbo, teaches Wing Chun, has over 4 years of marketing experience as a Legalshield and a marketing internship program at the community college, and is now a Hebrew who believes in Jeshua as the imperfect God.
In high school, he once lectured me on how the Hulk literally cannot die and is immortal and only ever died when he went to an alternate future with future dictator evil hulk and fought him.
... Such an interesting fellow.

Oh, and I'll get back to you on L4D2 (includes L4D1 campaigns) if I can figure out how to get Steam on Linux. The official distro's downloader didn't work.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Tbh, if an indie character got into smash, as much as I now support Shovel Knight, I'd much rather see Shantae first.
I'd personally like Shantae to be the first new character introduced for the next smash game.
But his opponent also cannot die, at least not permanently. Knowing Death Battle, last time they did regenerating opponents, one of them had a weapon that could kill the other despite the healing.
Considering how both Hulk and his foe regenerate and don't use weapons......I predict this battle will be a draw.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Hulk's opponent for the next opponent Death Battle has been revealed! Here's the link if you want to find out who it is.

I'm not surprised Doomsday would be his opponent. He's one of the most popular suggestions for a battle against Hulk after all. This should be a pretty good battle in my eyes.

Personally, if I had to pick who I want to fight Hulk in a Death Battle, it would be this guy.

I think Hulk vs Berserker from Fate/Stay Night would be pretty hype-worthy to see.

Not to mention a Fate/Stay Night character featured in a Death Battle is long overdue at this point.
It's not Doomsday... But it's Berseker from Fate! Nice!

But his opponent also cannot die, at least not permanently. Knowing Death Battle, last time they did regenerating opponents, one of them had a weapon that could kill the other despite the healing.
Considering how both Hulk and his foe regenerate and don't use weapons......I predict this battle will be a draw.
Predicting the outcome based on healing factor is complicated. Unlike the last time, where one had easily superiors healing abilities, both got different but yet extremly powerful regenerating powers. Hulk can heal constantly and the speed of said healing is proportional to it's anger while the other one can die 11 times and become immune to each way used afterward. Truly an interesting match up.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does Doomsday ever become immune to being lobotomized because every time I see him defeated it's that way

I don't follow comics with him in it, that's just what I've casually seen

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hulk can die if you bring him back to Bruce Banner mode. Let's not forget he just died in Civil War II.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Does Doomsday ever become immune to being lobotomized because every time I see him defeated it's that way

I don't follow comics with him in it, that's just what I've casually seen
Well, he adapts, so presumably so.
in the cartoon he was lobotomized and recovered and adapted to that.
Hulk can die if you bring him back to Bruce Banner mode. Let's not forget he just died in Civil War II.
Wellllll......he wasn't able to turn into the hulk then, because he wasn't the hulk.
But yeah, banner can die.

Chrono.

I feel if they use a Fate character it's gonna be Saber.

Because it's Saber.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have NEVER seen a mantis win a single bug fight

But for some reason they always take something on that's twice as big or larger than them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom