• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Pretty sure these were meant to be satirical jokes, especially the Medusa scene.

I'm sure the deal with YHVH is due to the real name itself having no real pronunciation other than the widely speculated "Jahovah" or "Yahweh". It's kind of expected when your name is part of an ancient language that's not really spoken anymore.
Correct.

YHWH doesn't have a proper pronunciation, even in ancient Hebrew.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't know if it's true but it's definitely what I've read literally everywhere
So it's the
Whole scenario where Abraham is killed, Glen and Daryl intervene, Glen gets shot and killed. Daryl gets captured, and then Neegan takes Rick in the rv. They go to the place where he cut them off and makes him fight a horde of zombies with just a hatchet.
?

I feel like it's plausible, but I doubt it, only because the episodes don't leak even close to final product.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's no way something that can't fit in your pocket could ever be called a 3DS replacement.
In fairness, the 3DS XL and N3DSXL can't fit comfortably in most pockets either, and those are versions Nintendo use in advertising the 3DS. The 2DS can't either.

OG 3DS BARELY could fit in the pockets of my jeans. It could easily fit in tracksuit pockets, but then it weighed them down so much that my trousers would start slipping off if I kept it there too long.

So I don't think pocket compatibility is an issue here. Most people these days keep any handheld device that isn't a smartphone, in a bag of some sort.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh I know.
But people jump to the claims of things being so changed or "oppressed" with localization with no knowledge of the original material, just because it /seems/ censored in localization.
That gives me an idea.

Let's give Mara a brand new form that involves giving him a golden helmet and armor plating.
Then we can sit back and see the censorship accusations. :troll:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So it's the
Whole scenario where Abraham is killed, Glen and Daryl intervene, Glen gets shot and killed. Daryl gets captured, and then Neegan takes Rick in the rv. They go to the place where he cut them off and makes him fight a horde of zombies with just a hatchet.
?

I feel like it's plausible, but I doubt it, only because the episodes don't leak even close to final product.
Yeah that's what I heard too,

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Supposedly Nintendo's not replacing the 3DS with the Switch...

I'd say it could go either way but every time they say "we're very definitely not replacing X," they've replaced X. Seeing many of Nintendo's handheld devs on the big list of theirs is also suspicious.
I suppose it can go eitherway for now. Although the more I'm hearing about the Switch, the more it seems to be a dedicated home console first and foremost with its handheld functionality being a kind of added "bonus" of some sort. (Not sure if that's the right word to use but oh well)

So I guess wether or not it really will be replacing the 3DS too or if Nintendo will potentially announce a true successor for it down the line might probably be debatable at the very least for now.....

We know the 3DS will be getting at least a few more games for next year so Ninty will probably intent to carry it at least until then.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Pretty sure these were meant to be satirical jokes, especially the Medusa scene.

I'm sure the deal with YHVH is due to the real name itself having no real pronunciation other than the widely speculated "Jahovah" or "Yahweh". It's kind of expected when your name is part of an ancient language that's not really spoken anymore.
It was invented. The reason is that Hebrew used to be written without vowels, and the only person who ever uttered YHWH was the high priest on Yom Kippur in the Holy of Holies. YHWH was designed, and was practiced, as unpronounceable. Jews used the Hebrew name for lord, Adonai, to refer to Him. Some Rabbinical scholars late (12th century, 'round there) thought a need to convert everything to have vowel points, because the Hebrew language and their culture was fading out and they recognized the need for people to be able to pronounce what they're reading if they're not steeped in the culture, so they shuffled in the vowels from adonai into yhwh, and presto "Yahowah." I think it's silly and goes against the whole point of YHWH, to be the unpronounceable name of an infinite God, whose name is so sacred as to be protected from vain use. But, times have changed. I'd like to at least do away with this silly, confected Jahovah.
Source: Reverend Know-It-All, Fr. Rich Simon, from the radio show "Fr. Simon Says."

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If that game is really a crossover with Sonic I will eat my shorts, then go to the store buck-naked on Day 1 to buy the Nintendo Switch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Y'know, the new 3D Mario footage we got is looking pretty good so far, I really can't wait until we get more ne---

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=221017882&postcount=151

View attachment 119482

Wait... wat.
This is more then likely extreme straw grasping, but if somehow real, that be amazing! Let's not forget though. The world is partially frozen in ice.

So it's clearly a Sonic Boom Crossover
:troll:
Calling it:

New Super Mario and Sonic at the 3D World Galaxy Switch Final Chapter Prologue

----
Nah, it's called:

Mario and Sonic Switcharoo!

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I suppose it can go eitherway for now. Although the more I'm hearing about the Switch, the more it seems to be a dedicated home console first and foremost with its handheld functionality being a kind of added "bonus" of some sort. (Not sure if that's the right word to use but oh well)

So I guess wether or not it really will be replacing the 3DS too or if Nintendo will potentially announce a true successor for it down the line might probably be debatable at the very least for now.....

We know the 3DS will be getting at least a few more games for next year so Ninty will probably intent to carry it at least until then.
I think it's more the opposite... A handheld with console features so Nintendo can abandon the console market without leaving behind things like couch multiplayer.

But yeah, I don't think they'll cut the 3DS's support so soon. Might even make to 2018 if they wanted to.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Metaphysics:
YHWH can be understood a few ways: 'I am who am,' which is basically 'I am existence,' and 'I am who I will be,' who was, who is, etc. etc.. Most ancient doctrines of metaphysics, from Greece to Egypt to China, viewed the soul as the essence of existence. All these ancient cultures unified in an odd way: attributing the pure existence of something which is existence itself, which cannot be understood directly, and so on.
I'd like to ask, what is the definition of "being"? That which exists? Existence? It can't really be defined without referring to itself and, well... that's a no-no in vocabulary. We have to be able to break something down into constituent parts to properly define it. Now, I'm sure it has a definition, but at the very least we don't know it. Many attempt to explain what existence is often describe things that exist, but never addresses the principle itself. What is the unifying quality of existence? It can't be explained simply by pointing to everything that is, it's impossible with our finite minds in the first place. That isn't really breaking it down into constituent parts anyways, it's just showing what things share the attribute of existence, that's just begging the question of 'ok but what is existence?' To wit, the only response: 'existence.'
YHWH being unpronounceable is very fitting.

---

From metaphysics to zany conspiracy theories:
https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy...sange_alive_has_wikileaks_been_compromised_a/
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/789574436219449345
HMMM

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I mean it'd be smart to finally crossover with Sonic in a real way in an attempt to sell the system, but I'm thinking it's just the next Galaxy style Mario game.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Replaying Shantae and the Pirate's Curse in preparation for Half-Genie Hero. I forgot how amazing the music is.

Jake Kaufman is a musical genius.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe they'll move to switch up until the upgraded systems come out.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In all seriousness though, I feel like myself (and GameXplain), are the only ones who remember those hoops from 3D Land/World. :I

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well it says rumor so no....

If it is, that's kind of funny, and amazing for Nintendo, but bad for Sony maybe. Imagine if it's Kojima,

He comes in, makes a new metal gear successor. It prints money.

Then using his pal Sakurai, they trick Konami into working with them. Snake comes back in Smash NX.

Frogger or Bomberman to.

The fanbases go wild and Nintendo earns enough money to rule Microsoft and Sony. If this also happens:
Squeenix comes home.

Super Mario RPG 2 confirmed.

Geno in Smash Switch confirmed.

This is just a rumor confirmed.

I LIKE SAYING CONFIRMED!
I would flip with how amazing this would be. And then Nintendo would rule the planet. And Geno in Smash would be hyped.

Or imagine, Geno in Mario Kart Switch!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hell, Square also owns Kingdom Hearts and Tomb Raider.

Sora and Lara confirmed for Smash Switch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In all seriousness though, I feel like myself (and GameXplain), are the only ones who remember those hoops from 3D Land/World. :I
Pepperidges Farm remembers.

I remember them though. They were neat. I can see how people forget them though.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I hope that Switch is powered by Linux.
Edit: I wish everything was. It's amazing.
I mean, sniper rifles and crock pots and cow milkers and the international space station and gas pumps are. Why not another console?!
Edit 3: my ulterior motive is that I want it to be easy to hack. And Linux is that if you get mitts on the kernel. Which usually requires a hardline connection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom