• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hell, Square also owns Kingdom Hearts and Tomb Raider.

Sora and Lara confirmed for Smash Switch.
There's one little problem with the former and their name is Disney.

Not that I'm saying Sora is impossible or anything, but Disney is far from the nicest corporate company on the block (R.I.P. Marvel vs Capcom).

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love that the year is going to be 2017 and potentially one of the most powerful systems on the market will be using cartridges to play games.

What a fricking time to be alive. We've come full circle.

There's one little problem with the former and their name is Disney.

Not that I'm saying Sora is impossible or anything, but Disney is far from the nicest corporate company on the block (R.I.P. Marvel vs Capcom).
It was a joke. I'd be okay with Sora getting into Smash, but I never expect it to happen simply for the reason you stated.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Squeenix comes home.

Super Mario RPG 2 confirmed.

Geno in Smash Switch confirmed.

This is just a rumor confirmed.

I LIKE SAYING CONFIRMED!
I wouldn't lie. I would laugh so frickin' hard if it turned out FFVII was canceled for PS4 and moved to the Switch. It'd be the greatest irony in all of gaming.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I was thinking about Mario Switch and how the level shown had aspects of Mexican culture.

Then I thought the game could be themed around Mario travelling around the World to different countries.

I had the perfect name for it too - Super Mario World.

Theeeen I remembered...

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Are the press already burned out on "third party developer makes the Switch" type headlines? There can be no other reason why the headline for this article isn't that.

The Switch will be a "single-screen experience" according to Nintendo.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/21/13362890/nintendo-switch-not-dualscreen
I guess this makes the idea of a separate 3DS successor that much more likely. I can't imagine them dropping dual- and touch screens that easily, given that a few series are dependent on those.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I was thinking about Mario Switch and how the level shown had aspects of Mexican culture.

Then I thought the game could be themed around Mario travelling around the World to different countries.

Theeeen I remembered...
More like brazilian

It looks like a Samba de Amigo stage in One of the sonic racing games

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Theeeen I remembered...
What if the main game might actually have some kind of Mexican theme going much like Sunshine had a Hawaiian theme where Mario will probably have to help out the citizens to remove whatever climatic troubles they might be having going on. (The place seems to be covered with Ice of some kind as GameXplain pointed out.)

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Are people really that excited that the console is using cartridges?

Am I missing something? I know it means faster load times

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys; I am back from my attempted conquest of the Smash event. I'm afraid to say it did not end in total success, but I still have some results to share.

Since I left my GameCube controllers at home, I ended up borrowing one from a friend down the hall from my room and then began my journey. I did some warm-ups with a few people and didn't lose once. That was the only time that happened, though. When Winners began, I went up against one of the people I did warm-ups with and I was able to 2-0 them with Cloud against Lucina, confirming my first win in a Winners bracket at a Smash event. However, when I later on fought against another Lucina player that was known to be very good with Fire Emblem characters, he destroyed me since he was able to read my moves and know what I was going to do next. The closest I got was in the first game, where I leaded against him and then they managed to just barely score off of me with a forward air off stage on Town and City. During the second round on Battlefield (which I personally chose to challenge myself), it didn't go as well; they managed to 2 stock me. After the match, they had mentioned (not in a negative way, I promise; it was constructive feedback), I was predictable whenever I switched to offense and defense; they'd just end up doing the opposite. Plus, I tended to get scared and back off whenever there were good opportunites to strike, thus showing how I ended up losing the game. They gave me some good advice, however; short hopping. With this method, I can confuse the opponent and strike when the time is right. Unfortunately, the controller I borrowed didn't have a working Z button (for grabbing), so I had to set it to the Y button, which is the recommended button for short hopping. Either way, I went on to the Losers bracket and actually got to have myself fight off against a Game and Watch on a Twitch stream. However... I ended up getting destroyed twice, possibly with the same strategy as the Lucina before. I guess I also had the feeling that I was eventually going to leave anyway, so I accepted my defeat with positiveness. After the match, I talked with the commentators and questioned if the twitch chat ever called me out as a bad Cloud player at any point (since to be honest, Cloud should be able to best Game and Watch a good majority of the time), but I didn't really care. I'll still check and see if they did, but I won't throw a fit about it since I used a different nickname.

Overall, these were my results. In general, I think I improved from last time since I advanced in the WInners bracket. Next time (if there is another Smash event), I'll either bring my own controller from home or try to borrow another friend's controller and attempt the short hop strategy as Cloud. Perhaps it will help me advance even further next time?

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Still waiting for confirmation on golden carts for BotW Switch.

Seriously, if they don't do that, missed opportunity.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Id rather it stay on 3DS tbh just like animal crossing
Yeah, but AC isn't portable only. It works great on portable but it's also really liked on home consoles. And we know a new is being made to be compatible with the mobile game. So Animal Crossing Switch is likely.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
cost less
40 buck carts vs 60 buck cds
The cost relates to things like the overall budget of a game, and less so the medium it's released on. In fact, traditionally carts were much more expensive to manufacture than discs - it's only in recent years that flash carts have come close to discs for cost, and is the reason why discs replaced carts in the first place. There's also the fact that the Switch is being sold as a home console, so publishers will probably just charge standard home console prices for games anyway, regardless of whether they come on a cart or a disc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

IIRC didn't physical PSP games typically cost $40 despite the handheld being disc-based (UMD to be exact)?

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Well guys; I am back from my attempted conquest of the Smash event. I'm afraid to say it did not end in total success, but I still have some results to share.

Since I left my GameCube controllers at home, I ended up borrowing one from a friend down the hall from my room and then began my journey. I did some warm-ups with a few people and didn't lose once. That was the only time that happened, though. When Winners began, I went up against one of the people I did warm-ups with and I was able to 2-0 them with Cloud against Lucina, confirming my first win in a Winners bracket at a Smash event. However, when I later on fought against another Lucina player that was known to be very good with Fire Emblem characters, he destroyed me since he was able to read my moves and know what I was going to do next. The closest I got was in the first game, where I leaded against him and then they managed to just barely score off of me with a forward air off stage on Town and City. During the second round on Battlefield (which I personally chose to challenge myself), it didn't go as well; they managed to 2 stock me. After the match, they had mentioned (not in a negative way, I promise; it was constructive feedback), I was predictable whenever I switched to offense and defense; they'd just end up doing the opposite. Plus, I tended to get scared and back off whenever there were good opportunites to strike, thus showing how I ended up losing the game. They gave me some good advice, however; short hopping. With this method, I can confuse the opponent and strike when the time is right. Unfortunately, the controller I borrowed didn't have a working Z button (for grabbing), so I had to set it to the Y button, which is the recommended button for short hopping. Either way, I went on to the Losers bracket and actually got to have myself fight off against a Game and Watch on a Twitch stream. However... I ended up getting destroyed twice, possibly with the same strategy as the Lucina before. I guess I also had the feeling that I was eventually going to leave anyway, so I accepted my defeat with positiveness. After the match, I talked with the commentators and questioned if the twitch chat ever called me out as a bad Cloud player at any point (since to be honest, Cloud should be able to best Game and Watch a good majority of the time), but I didn't really care. I'll still check and see if they did, but I won't throw a fit about it since I used a different nickname.

Overall, these were my results. In general, I think I improved from last time since I advanced in the WInners bracket. Next time (if there is another Smash event), I'll either bring my own controller from home or try to borrow another friend's controller and attempt the short hop strategy as Cloud. Perhaps it will help me advance even further next time?
So I guess you can't say your problems were with tippers this time :).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I have food poisoning

Eh, I feel so sick suddenly

I can't Afford to get sick

So I was right about everything we saw being a mock-up.
Well of course, you think the light would be able to display the screen that well irl?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The cost relates to things like the overall budget of a game, and less so the medium it's released on. In fact, traditionally carts were much more expensive to manufacture than discs - it's only in recent years that flash carts have come close to discs for cost, and is the reason why discs replaced carts in the first place. There's also the fact that the Switch is being sold as a home console, so publishers will probably just charge standard home console prices for games anyway, regardless of whether they come on a cart or a disc.
Hm, really? Well CD games still cost a lot. thats why I rarely buy wii u games. Im just glad online tax isnt a thing here
Yeah, but AC isn't portable only. It works great on portable but it's also really liked on home consoles. And we know a new is being made to be compatible with the mobile game. So Animal Crossing Switch is likely.
Eh, I still love ac on DS, easier for me to take everwhere

And about that Mobile game, has there been any news on that lately?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think I have food poisoning

Eh, I feel so sick suddenly

I can't Afford to get sick

Well of course, you think the light would be able to display the screen that well irl?
I'm noting it because everyone was defending the notion that we saw these games "running" on the Switch yesterday.

That's definitely not the case now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom