• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know, it's fun to think about the flipside of the Switch's concept.

The concept is that it's a home console that you can take anywhere. Play console games on the go.

But there are certain traditionally handheld games that could be really fun on a TV. Stuff like Professor Layton and Ace Attorney. Typically, one would play those games in isolation on a bus or even just in their bed. But if they made these games for Switch, you could play them on the TV with family or friends and enjoy it together, and they can help you solve some of the puzzles/mysteries.
"Hey, Mom, thanks for helping me through that Strength/Rock Smash puzzle! I just caught a Garchomp, what should I name it?"

F L U F F Y K I N S _

"Thanks!"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To be fair, he/she/preferred pronoun could be just a plain old weeaboo.
Problem: This is the majority's opinion there. FE Fates? Treehouse should be fired. TMS? Any change is unwelcome. DQ7 having a SINGLE line that has a character say she doesn't like the idea of women being objects? SJW propaganda. Persona 5 boxart being slightly changed so the cat doesn't get covered up by the ESRB logo, which inadvertently covered up a character's breasts? Absolutely unacceptable. They do this all the ****ing time

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Problem: This is the majority's opinion there. FE Fates? Treehouse should be fired. TMS? Any change is unwelcome. DQ7 having a SINGLE line that has a character say she doesn't like the idea of women being objects? SJW propaganda. Persona 5 boxart being slightly changed so the cat doesn't get covered up by the ESRB logo, which inadvertently covered up a character's breasts? Absolutely unacceptable. They do this all the ****ing time
The sad part is that part of just how awesome Kid Icarus: Uprising ended up is probably due to localization and now a couple years later they'd probably just be yelled at for doing the same thing.

. . .And yeah, LOL @ Nintendo doing everyone else's translation work for them except for the incredibly slim chance of that being part of their footing the bill on a game somehow.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
New Sonic gameplay in LEGO Dimensions.

Includes Super Sonic, and also wait for the part that has Sonic swimming because it's amazing.

Also I timestamped it at a funny line of dialogue.

Last edited:

Soul.

Switch is a tablet hybrid

3DS successor is more portable, plays the same games as Switch, has better battery life, Joy-Cons are permanently attached to it?

Or they keep dual screens. Or it uses the same OS as Switch.

lol it's going to be unveiled late 2017.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The only third party company I know of that Nintendo themselves localise their games of is from Level-5. I'm not quite sure on the others though.

I did notice people have become more vocal in regards to localisation from Nintendo though. Or at least most particularly from Nintendo of America.

Also, if the 3DS is really getting a successor of its own, I wonder what that will be all about. I do hope it keeps the dual and touch screen functionality though since I kind of like that. Especially for franchises like Professor Layton and Art Academy that sort of depend on them.....

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Day 21: Ghost Variations

Shuman's last peice... a set of variations on a theme... written before he committed himself to an insane asylum. Those musically inclined may notice something... off.

Tomorrow...
This next one's easy!
And a little bit fun.
Just find a daft remix
Of song number one!

Here I thought I gave today's song away. For shame, NintenZone! :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ah. That changes a few things. In that case they're definitely biodegradable if they have a disposal process, with breaking it speeding up the process and potentially avoiding some other hypothetical complications that could come up. Like someone pretending a used Pokeball was valid and giving it to someone only for it to not work, maybe.

Come to think of it I pictured disposing of a Pokeball post-release as breaking it before the WMG I started right now so it fits pretty well. Not sure if my mind subconsciously remembered that or if it just fits in general.
The button releases them right away. Jessie and James broke the ball to truly show that they didn't want Arbok and Weezing (If they did break it. Been a long time since I've seen the episode.) because the two want to stay, even though Jessie and James wants them to guard the ekans and koffing.

Paul did it cause he was a ****

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
*EDIT* First part was clearly wrong due to stuff I missed reading.

. . .I don't know. But there has to be a reason why the members of Plasma that actually cared didn't just do that.

It's possible being inside a Pokeball owned by someone psychologically alters a Pokemon slightly to be more compatible with their trainer as well due to how Pokemon start to mimic the moralities of their trainers and follow their actions without question when a trainer is of a "qualified" gym badge count, so that could present other problems environmentalists don't want to deal with.
Though these discussions are entertaining, they inevitably break down when we're shown the many inherent contradictions of the fictional universe in question.
Man, if only writers and stuff were consistent.
Do these gamergate morons just...Not know what words mean?
"gamergate"
[insert inigo montoya reference]
Which part of it? I'm part of the "gamejourno pro" and "education reform" camp.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_composition
And since I'm a conspiracy nut: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation + https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing
We know people get paid to do **** online to push political and cultural agendas. My caution is to always look at the particular individuals involved, not what larger group they claim to be part of.
That aside, they're doing almost exactly what you're doing: see thing to get outraged over, get outraged over it. The other side is just as keen on citing real examples of ridiculous SJW cultural marxist suppression and extrapolating that all SJWs are cultural marxists who will stop at nothing to have their puritanical way. Might they then be baited into getting outraged at something that's not worth getting outraged at? Sure. You've likewise. I've done likewise. Most of us probably have.

Semi-related link that I find exceedingly interesting: The Gentleman's Guide to Forum Spies
Of note: I think I used several of the disinfo techniques rhetorical tools in this post. Certainly without intention!

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Includes Super Sonic, and also wait for the part that has Sonic swimming because it's amazing.

"Funny dia-"

Crossover dialog AND a Sonic '06 reference? You spoil me.

. . .Of course, teeechnically the last time he met a princess is the ones at Smash and the Olympics, but yeahI'moveranalyzing again.

#overanalyzingisfun

But really, this game actually has crossover dialog? That's neat!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I think this is a bit old, but still interesting. LEGO Dimensions is looking very tempting.

The amount of people in the comment section mad at the 06 joke is probably even funnier than the joke itself.
"Funny dia-"

Crossover dialog AND a Sonic '06 reference? You spoil me.

. . .Of course, teeechnically the last time he met a princess is the ones at Smash and the Olympics, but yeahI'moveranalyzing again.

#overanalyzingisfun

But really, this game actually has crossover dialog? That's neat!
The game is filled with dialogue like this.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The button releases them right away. Jessie and James broke the ball to truly show that they didn't want Arbok and Weezing (If they did break it. Been a long time since I've seen the episode.) because the two want to stay, even though Jessie and James wants them to guard the ekans and koffing.

Paul did it cause he was a ****
I dont think they broke Weezings and Arboks.
Jessie did break Dustoxs. though

Ivander

Smash Legend
The sad part is that part of just how awesome Kid Icarus: Uprising ended up is probably due to localization and now a couple years later they'd probably just be yelled at for doing the same thing.

. . .And yeah, LOL @ Nintendo doing everyone else's translation work for them except for the incredibly slim chance of that being part of their footing the bill on a game somehow.
In this day and age, everybody's favorite FF6 villain would be drastically different if it weren't for localization.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The only third party company I know of that Nintendo themselves localise their games of is from Level-5. I'm not quite sure on the others though.

I did notice people have become more vocal in regards to localisation from Nintendo though. Or at least most particularly from Nintendo of America.

Also, if the 3DS is really getting a successor of its own, I wonder what that will be all about. I do hope it keeps the dual and touch screen functionality though since I kind of like that. Especially for franchises like Professor Layton and Art Academy.....
Don't forget Nintendo currently has partial right's to Tecmo's Fatal Frame series.

And we all know what happened when Yuri's background as a bikini model got retconned in favor of Nintendo themed costumes in Maiden of the Black Water.

Not that I'm complaining since Zammy's skintight suit is just as bad as the original costumes (physics and all).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
In this day and age, everybody's favorite FF6 villain would be drastically different if it weren't for localization.
And then there's another recent example with DJ Octavio.

The American version has MUCH more delicious ham than the European one.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think this is a bit old, but still interesting. LEGO Dimensions is looking very tempting.

The amount of people in the comment section mad at the 06 joke is probably even funnier than the joke itself.

What was the 06 joke? "This is happinin'"?

Didnt he say that in sonic adventure?
Oh good, that means Profeesor Layon will stay on DS, his home

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Don't forget Nintendo currently has partial right's to Tecmo's Fatal Frame series.

And we all know what happened when Yuri's background as a bikini model got retconned in favor of Nintendo themed costumes in Maiden of the Black Water.

Not that I'm complaining since Zammy's skintight suit is just as bad as the original costumes (physics and all).
Oh yeah, I forgot there was some sort of controversy with that game as well.

Shuman's last peice... a set of variations on a theme... written before he committed himself to an insane asylum. Those musically inclined may notice something... off.

Tomorrow...
This next one's easy!
And a little bit fun.
Just find a daft remix
Of song number one!

I might be misremembering bulby's video but going with your worst nightmare (undertale)

:061:

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh yeah, I forgot there was some sort of controversy with that game as well.
Other than the motion controls ruining the immersion and Nintendo's attempt at advertising with memes (Just look up Extremely Spoopy Trailer to see it with your own eyes), that was kind of the thing that scared many customers away from the game since it's kind of an important part of Yuri's past. In addition to the already baffling decision to make the game digital exclusive in the US (and Europe's limited run).

Hopefully Tecmo don't shelf the series for good because of this. I actually want a sixth game that can really fix some of Maiden of the Black Water's flaws. A more focused plot, less protagonists to make things less busy, more creative ghost designs like the Tall Woman, slightly improved controls, better atmosphere, and less claustrophobic rooms that don't limit the potential of ghost combat (even the older games didn't have such tight rooms).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Trigger warning: Never ever advertise your games with memes Nintendo.

Think back the little experiment that is Fatal Frame V's trailer (which is extremely spoopy just because) and you'll know why.

And I know another big reason why people apparently hate Maiden of the Black Water. It involves ruining Miku's established character.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman

The best thing about the video is everyone being butthurt in the comment section over the 06 reference.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Tomorrow...
This next one's easy!
And a little bit fun.
Just find a daft remix
Of song number one!

Daft Skeletons - Get Spooky. Such refined taste. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I dont think they broke Weezings and Arboks.
Jessie did break Dustoxs. though
Your right, Paul didn't either. I just watched both. When they are released a blueish light comes out of the ball which symbolizes them being released.
Anyone else here watch Walking Dead? Anyone wanna know who Negan kills?
sure, but is it truly confirmed? I've heard one rumor on how the whole thing goes down already.

And here's another high quality rip:

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Supposedly Nintendo's not replacing the 3DS with the Switch...

I'd say it could go either way but every time they say "we're very definitely not replacing X," they've replaced X. Seeing many of Nintendo's handheld devs on the big list of theirs is also suspicious.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Supposedly Nintendo's not replacing the 3DS with the Switch...

I'd say it could go either way but every time they say "we're very definitely not replacing X," they've replaced X. Seeing many of Nintendo's handheld devs on the big list of theirs is also suspicious.
There's no way something that can't fit in your pocket could ever be called a 3DS replacement.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of censorship.
Pretty sure these were meant to be satirical jokes, especially the Medusa scene.

I'm sure the deal with YHVH is due to the real name itself having no real pronunciation other than the widely speculated "Jahovah" or "Yahweh". It's kind of expected when your name is part of an ancient language that's not really spoken anymore.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Your right, Paul didn't either. I just watched both. When they are released a blueish light comes out of the ball which symbolizes them being released.

sure, but is it truly confirmed? I've heard one rumor on how the whole thing goes down already.

And here's another high quality rip:
I don't know if it's true but it's definitely what I've read literally everywhere

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

. . .Well I think I know what I'm going to be listening to for a little while, LOL.

Yes I posted this after watching the whole thing.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Pretty sure these were meant to be satirical jokes, especially the Medusa scene.

I'm sure the deal with YHVH is due to the real name itself having no real pronunciation other than the widely speculated "Jahovah" or "Yahweh". It's kind of expected when your name is part of an ancient language that's not really spoken anymore.
Oh I know.
But people jump to the claims of things being so changed or "oppressed" with localization with no knowledge of the original material, just because it /seems/ censored in localization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom