• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Seriously though. That episode of Pokemon Generations was downright amazing.

You really get the sense of terror and dread as the world around them is going crazy.

I wonder how a version with Groudon would take place. Would people and Pokemon start collapsing due to heat exhaustion? Would things catch fire? They aren't afraid to make things a little dark here.

Also makes me wonder if anything similar would ever happen with any of the other legendaries.

The only Pokemon I can imagine causing a great disaster like this are...

• Groudon
  • Kyogre
  • Deoxsys
  • Giratina
  • Tornadus
  • Thundurus
  • Kyruem
  • Yveltal
What do you guys think?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

You really get the sense of terror and dread as the world around them is going crazy.

I wonder how a version with Groudon would take place. Would people and Pokemon start collapsing due to heat exhaustion? Would things catch fire? They aren't afraid to make things a little dark here.

Also makes me wonder if anything similar would ever happen with any of the other legendaries.

• Groudon
  • Kyogre
  • Deoxsys
  • Giratina
  • Tornadus
  • Thundurus
  • Kyruem
  • Yveltal
What do you guys think?
I'd throw Hoopa onto that list honestly. Genies, man.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd throw Hoopa onto that list honestly. Genies, man.
Is the game version of Hoopa destructive?

I know its super mischievous but I didn't think it was the kind to go on a rampage.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Then shouldn't Jirachi, a Pokemon who can grant wishes, go on that list?
Jirachi only grants like one wish every thousand of years or something like that

Potentially maybe, but highly unlikely

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

• Groudon
  • Kyogre
  • Deoxsys
  • Giratina
  • Tornadus
  • Thundurus
  • Kyruem
  • Yveltal
What do you guys think?
:249: Presumably has a power over sea that could be comparable to Kyogre if it went Primal/Mega.

Groudon/Kyogre are givene.

Deoxys... more has the capability of dealing great damage to cities one at a time, but nothing to the levle of proper Disasters. It's a orbital laser more than a Nuke. It also doesn't have an inherently malicious or destructive edge to it. The closet to this would be its Film; which it shut down a metropolis trying to find its other half while Rayquaza tried to do all the damage.

Hell, Dialga/Palkia, considering they bend the fabric of Space-Time, could lead to some horrendous damage in the hands of the right writers.

Giratina... again, has a more "isolated" feeling aspect to its powers. Unless on movie Hoopa levels it opens up rifts all over a region which unlease chaos.

Tornadus and Thundurus are effectively Fujin and Raijin, perfectly set to cause giant storms that could lay waste to a country side.

All 3 of the Tao Trio alone could fit easily. The battle between Reshiram and Zekrom caused such aftermath that Unova itself was almost wiped off the map. Kyurem, funneled by Neo Plasma, ruined Opelucid city in minutes. It could probably spark a nation-wide Ice Age in a day. Black/White Kyurem and god forbid a Tao Dragon would only amplify this capability.

And lastly, yes. Yveltal has (in PokeSpecial) wiped an entire city in a single move. It on a rampage would be nightmarish.

I don't know but Hoopa might be up there just because of the warping power not really having bounds (no pun intended).

Edit: Yes, Jirachi has the POTENTIAL for this, but not the desire or drive. It's a pure-hearted Pokemon in just about any incarnation or depiction.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
: Yes, Jirachi has the POTENTIAL for this, but not the desire or drive. It's a pure-hearted Pokemon in just about any incarnation or depiction.
This is why I didn't include a lot of Pokemon.

Lugia is benevolent as are Reshiram and Zekrom.

Dialga and Palkia have no real desire to do anything with humans and are forcibly summoned.

Basically, if they could go on a rampage, would they?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
On four hour battery life:

If that's the case, I'd be fine, tbh.

Call me what you will, but I rarely play games for over an hour and a half. I have real life to do. :p

Well, there's occasionally a MHG session, but I do take breaks!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I wouldn't put too much thought into the supposed 3-4 hour battery life, we only have the dev kit to go off of right now so it's most likely gonna change. Either way a normal AC charger is likely I'd say.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, Jirachi on a rampage

I don't think that would actually do anything but cause minor mischief

Someone would actually have to use Jirachi to wish for great destruction

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

• Groudon
  • Kyogre
  • Deoxsys
  • Giratina
  • Tornadus
  • Thundurus
  • Kyruem
  • Yveltal
What do you guys think?
Well Deoxys is a maybe. He could attack cities, but isn't shown destructive. It's only bad because it arrives in a world destroying meteor.

Giratina maybe. It's evil but doesn't have any power really. It's like if Dialga and Palkia were summoned, they could all do some damage but nothing major.

Tornadus and Thudurus possibly. They at least aren't turned to stone and allowed to roam freely. Thundurus brings mild thunderstorms and tornadus high winds.

Kyruem, again not inherently evil, but could freeze the planet if it wanted and bring about a second ice age.

Yveltal is shown turning people into to stone in the anime, so that would get bad fast.

Maybe thrown Heatran on here. He could probably cause volcanoes to erupt dealing massive damage.

I know its super mischievous but I didn't think it was the kind to go on a rampage.
No, but most legends aren't. None of them would do it without Human intervention, except maybe Yveltal and possibly kyroge and groudon, except we don't know if the orbs trigger it or not.
If hoopa was used for evil, it could summon other legends and manipulate them, causing mass destruction.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

According to the Pokédex its greed and power let it uproot an entire castle to steal its treasure. That much power mixed with its reality warping powers and chaotic neutral tendencies makes it dangerous, IMO.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Basically, if they could go on a rampage, would they?
According to the Pokédex its greed and power let it uproot an entire castle to steal its treasure. That much power mixed with its reality warping powers and chaotic neutral tendencies makes it dangerous, IMO.
So would Celebi be potentially dangerous on a rampage? I mean, it is a time traveler.

Also, considering we are counting Deoxys, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Darkrai or Genesect.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
My first thought when I saw the drop was that it was because consumer faith in Nintendo is largely dead. That doesn't really speak for the future of the Switch so much as the past of the Wii U and the fact that people are quick to judge the present by the standards of the past.

The YouTube video of the reveal has now climbed to over 10 million views and has stayed at #1 on YouTube's trending list overnight, so there's definitely some interest from someone out there.

Stock holders are the kind of people who ask Nintendo why they're talking about video games at their shareholder meetings. I'm not entirely sure all of them have a proper grasp on the success or failure rate of a video game console, even if some do.

For what it's worth, Sean Malstrom is skeptical about the games so far but says the console concept itself is fine and better than the last generation. I tend to strongly disagree with many of his opinions on software, but his hardware points have lined up pretty well with my opinions lately and he did predict the success of the Wii.

And, well. . .some people are really bad at presenting comments like praise or criticism, so it's kind of obvious why it turns into a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation on a community level when someone actually tries to do it properly. A bunch of dumb kids pushing an elevator button too hard repeatedly as a joke can make it break when a person actually trying to use it goes to push it themselves. Maybe it's not the best situation, but it's easy enough to see a possible reason why.
Hm. HP is known recently for making... bad printers; inkjets which have horrible printheads and need to be used consistently and only allows proprietary ink etc. etc., but if suddenly they came out with an incredibly cheap laser printer / allowed us to use refurbished ink cartridges on a given model / didn't have such trash printheads and ink waste, I'd buy their stuff.
I don't think people look at a company's reputation that much, they look moreso at the particular details of whatever the company has made or is doing. I think that they think the Switch is going to be bad given what they've seen, not because of a distrust in Nintendo but moreso because they think Switch is going to be a poor product. That is, if consumer faith in Nintendo is largely dead, the Switch hasn't helped revive it or has helped kill it.
It's also the stockholder's representative's jobs to care about what sells, so they better have some knowledge of the video game industry otherwise they're going to make losing bets and get kicked out of the market. Stockholders have to know to some degree whether something is likely to be a success, purely because otherwise they'd likely not be in finance. That being said, if they're all ignorant about video games and they've made poor judgments, why aren't smart finance, fund managers, and investing firms, picking up Nintendo's now cheaper stock? I admit I might be wrong in all this, but I think it's more probable that the Switch isn't going to do well.
The hell does rawr XD mean?
It's standard RP speak. More common meme being that rawr is 'dinosaur for I love you,' and EGGS DEE being a cliche'd face of younger internet users.
Source: I am a senior fellow of memetics and roleplaying at the Internet Institute.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So would Celebi be potentially dangerous on a rampage? I mean, it is a time traveler.

Also, considering we are counting Deoxys, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Darkrai or Genesect.
Darkrai has a kind heart. He's just cursed with a terrible power.

Genesect isn't naturally violent is it?

Main reason I counted Deoxsys was because of the Delta Episode where almost destroyed the world, though perhaps it wasn't intentional.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Darkrai has a kind heart. He's just cursed with a terrible power.

Genesect isn't naturally violent is it?

Main reason I counted Deoxsys was because of the Delta Episode where almost destroyed the world, though perhaps it wasn't intentional.
Wasn't Genesect a vicious hunter back in it's time period, awoken in the modern age and altered by Team Plasma to be a vessel of destruction?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well Deoxys is a maybe. He could attack cities, but isn't shown destructive. It's only bad because it arrives in a world destroying meteor.

Giratina maybe. It's evil but doesn't have any power really. It's like if Dialga and Palkia were summoned, they could all do some damage but nothing major.

Tornadus and Thudurus possibly. They at least aren't turned to stone and allowed to roam freely. Thundurus brings mild thunderstorms and tornadus high winds.

Kyruem, again not inherently evil, but could freeze the planet if it wanted and bring about a second ice age.

Yveltal is shown turning people into to stone in the anime, so that would get bad fast.

Maybe thrown Heatran on here. He could probably cause volcanoes to erupt dealing massive damage.

No, but most legends aren't. None of them would do it without Human intervention, except maybe Yveltal and possibly kyroge and groudon, except we don't know if the orbs trigger it or not.
If hoopa was used for evil, it could summon other legends and manipulate them, causing mass destruction.

Kyurem literally eats people though.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Remember when Nintendo's stock plummeted when the buyers realized that they didn't own all of Go and Pokémon?

Yeaah, the stock market can be pretty dumb. Predicting sales for the Switch right now is next to impossible.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Kyurem literally eats people though.
Yeah, but those few little kids were punks that thought they could disobey parents. Kyreum can't make their fairy tale a lie, now can it? That be false advertising.

Don't they say that stories made up to scare kids?

Edit: I guess Moodle is run by the same DNS as twitter, as mine's down and my school says they are working to get it back up. Of course this happens when I really need it...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, but those few little kids were punks that thought they could disobey parents. Kyreum can't make their fairy tale a lie, now can it? That be false advertising.

Don't they say that stories made up to scare kids?

Edit: I guess Moodle is run by the same DNS as twitter, as mine's down and my school says they are working to get it back up. Of course this happens when I really need it...
Considering the entirety of Lacunosa Town is walled off a la Attack on Titan and even the adults don't leave their homes after 9 pm, I'd say it's more than just a scare tactic.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

• Groudon
  • Kyogre
  • Deoxsys
  • Giratina
  • Tornadus
  • Thundurus
  • Kyruem
  • Yveltal
What do you guys think?
Courtney's vision in the last Generations episode gave us a small glimpse of what Primal Groudon could do to the world. We see it fire some sort of large, destructive beam at the ocean, causing a massive scale explosion on the sea surface. I imagine those explosions must've been the equivalent to lava eruptions, perhaps forming multiple islands at once because these beams might be reaching the ocean floor and triggering hidden underwater volcanoes. I'm no earth scientist, but I have a feeling that multiple island formations coming from destructive attacks could have serious consequences on the underwater ecosystem. Instead of seeing Pokemon getting caught by whirlpools in this PG episode, we'd probably see multiple Pokemon getting killed by underwater lava explosions.

I can also see wildfires becoming more widespread due to the excessive heat, and heat exhaustion becoming rampant.

The Pokemon movies in general give us a taste at how destructive legendaries can be. Dialga and Palkia might not have much in mind for humans, but the the DP movie trilogy demonstrates they can be very destructive if things don't go well. In the anime's case, Palkia's world collided with Dialga's world, causing the two to be mad at each other and start fighting. When Palkia got injured, it had to retreat to the Pokemon world to hide from Dialga. Then Dialga caught up, and Alamos Town, where Palkia was hiding, got sent into a dimensional rift. From there, multiple collisions of Roar of Time and Spacial Rend started to bend the space-time fabric in the area, causing Alamos Town to disappear.

There's also Hoopa, a Pokemon that can summon multiple legendaries at once thanks to its dimensional rings. Summoning too many legendaries can even lead to a destructive space-time distortion, which is how Dahara City almost met its demise.

Arceus also deserves a mention. Its movie demonstrates that if it is ever in a state of rage, it can disrupt the orbit of worlds; this is how Palkia world's collided with Dialga's, thus triggering the events of the 10th movie and the events following it. We also see Arceus is capable of causing quite the wide spread destruction. That same movie demonstrates how destructive the Judgment attack really is. Long story short, for the God of all Pokemon, Arceus can trigger quite the apocalypse.

Even Zygarde can be pretty destructive if it's placed in the wrong hands, as seen in XY&Z where Team Flare mind controls it to unleash large, destructive vines in a given area. Just imagine what would've happened if Team Flare managed to achieve the Complete Forme while still keeping it under its control.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Considering the entirety of Lacunosa Town is walled off a la Attack on Titan and even the adults don't leave their homes after 9 pm, I'd say it's more than just a scare tactic.
True, so fair point. Then I guess he can stay on that list.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No but if you REALLY want to know a dangerous Pokémon, just...Magcargo.

Its body temperature is higher than that of the sun, so the planet should disintegrate the second one exists. :p

Gonna chalk that one up to an extra zero or two. After all, it's a child filling the thing out. Typos can't be that uncommon.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Black beans + Mexican rice + shredded Monterey jack + sour cream dolloped after cooking = mmmMMMMM
Remember when Nintendo's stock plummeted when the buyers realized that they didn't own all of Go and Pokémon?

Yeaah, the stock market can be pretty dumb. Predicting sales for the Switch right now is next to impossible.
Industry watchers with experience can reasonably predict whether it will fall into the general category of success, neutral, or failure.
I'd say we already have enough information to make a reasonable prediction.
But, we'll see. The future is uncertain.

D

Deleted member

Apparently, the Switch won't succeed the 3DS.

Looks like the shared library dream may just be that-- a dream. True handhelds may still co-exist.
But wouldn't it be pointless to have a 3DS successor when you can already play this thing on the go?

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Its body temperature is higher than that of the sun, so the planet should disintegrate the second one exists. :p

Gonna chalk that one up to an extra zero or two. After all, it's a child filling the thing out. Typos can't be that uncommon.
I'm not completely sure about that, because lightning is hotter than the sun (53,540 F and the Sun's surface is 9,940 F) and even when the earth had a higher concentration of Oxygen in the atmosphere, the atmosphere never burnt up from lightning

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

18,000 is higher than the photosphere of the sun, yeah, but it's not all that much.
Oddly enough, the corona (extending much further away from the sun's center than the photosphere) is many millions of degrees hotter than the surface.
Sunspots allow us to look deeper into the sun. And it's cooler in there. Why is it that the sun's regions are hotter away from the center?? The nuclear fusion / convection sun model openly contradicts the observed phenomena.
****ing mainstream astrophysics, get your **** together.

Last edited:
It seems like we now know how life is like inside a Pokeball, according to Masuda.

http://kotaku.com/what-its-like-ins..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Interpret it however you like. I just want to see what are people's reactions to this.
Suite Life inside Poke Ball, eh?

Looks like the shared library dream may just be that-- a dream. True handhelds may still co-exist.
But wouldn't it be pointless to have a 3DS successor when you can already take this thing on the go?
"3DS successor much later"

I love 3DS, so that is great news, imo.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Pokémon that could cause great damage, but wouldn't due to their nature: Mewtwo, Lugia, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (it's isolationist and doesn't care about the human world unless provoked), Regigigas, Darkrai (though it could unintentionally do it), Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Landorus, Victini (?), Zygarde.

Pokémon that could cause great damage and are very capable of doing it at their own will: Groudon, Kyogre, Deoxys (depends on the reasoning behind the meteorite), Thundurus, Tornadus, Kyurem (arguable due to the whole Lacunosa deal), Yveltal (whether unintentionally or not).

Really, the Pokémon world is lucky a lot of its legendaries are benevolent as otherwise it'd probably be a smoking ball of rock right now.

It seems like we now know how life is like inside a Pokeball, according to Masuda.

http://kotaku.com/what-its-like-ins..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Interpret it however you like. I just want to see what are people's reactions to this.
Well that would explain why something like Lugia or Dialga could go from living comfortably in their own environment/dimension to a Pokeball without much resentment towards the trainer.

I bet it has a hot tub.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

But wouldn't it be pointless to have a 3DS successor when you can already play this thing on the go?
So wait, their still planning on a separate successor for the 3DS as well?
It sounds like it by the way they worded it...

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

tl;dw: Pluto and its moons have various physical features which are considered impossible in standard astrophysical explanations of its formation as a child of the 'Kuiper Belt'. Furthermore, it emits large amount of X-rays. It also has a giant, comet-like electromagnetic tail, just like Venus. Thunderbolts Project goes on to offer alternative explanations.

Even Norse map is getting hit from the eastern seaboard DDoS attacks.
http://map.norsecorp.com/#/
Dang it--how am I gonna see what's being attacked by whom now?!

OH SHEISS, I heard that TOR is able to get around the DDoS attacks--right, that's what you guys were talking about earlier with the DNS stuff! I didn't realize that. They're not attacking the sites directly, just the DNS servers and lookups etc.
Edit: I'm loading up TOR right now and tryna connect to Twitter. 1 sec

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoping this is just PR talk along the lines of "please keep buying 3DS hardware and 3DS software"

Really don't want this hybrd to be half baked.

:061:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom