• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A lot of the people who are disappointed in the Switch in the Nintendo fandom probably were in that competition, TBH.

Not all of them, obviously, some are upset at having to get a both in one console-handheld instead of one or the other and others have individual gripes, but. . .yeah prior to the reveal there were quite a few people in an angry measuring contest.

Honestly hatedoms are some of the most grating and obnoxious things on the internet and the fact that it escapes off of it is downright sad. I wish people would just let each other like things instead of having to drag everyone else down just to make themselves feel better or feed their egos.
Unrelated to your post, but what is the "Woomy" thing?

I've seen it crop it in quite a few places and I don't get it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Unrelated to your post, but what is the "Woomy" thing?

I've seen it crop it in quite a few places and I don't get it.
It's a random sound effect/voice clip in Splatoon garbled out by the female Inkling that everyone latched on to for. . .some reason.

. . .Woomy.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Um. . .? It doesn't say anything about whether or not they were ports. It just says it isn't backwards compatible, which is kind of obvious from the lack of a disk drive and the presumed architecture jump.

Lack of backwards compatibility doesn't automatically mean a port.

Was there another article you were intending to link instead?
I know it doesn't, the enhanced ports thing was one conclusion I got from it.

And no, that was the article I meant to link.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I hope the Switch will be compatible with the Wii U Gamepad at least.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
At least 3 month until new Switch news? Hopefully now, that everyone has seen the system, this drought will be more bearable for the impatient crowd.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I know it doesn't, the enhanced ports thing was one conclusion I got from it.

And no, that was the article I meant to link.
Sorry if I was rude, I'm just. . .a little sensitive about the port thing still. Moreso because the word has certain connotations in my mind that don't quite fit with what I've seen and aren't exactly alleviated with the way people talk about said things seen.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
At least 3 month until new Switch news? Hopefully now, that everyone has seen the system, this drought will be more bearable for the impatient crowd.
We will likely get some information about the system itself at the investors' meet next week.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So Lillie has popped up in the Sun/Moon demo. Doesn't appear there's anything you do with her except talk to her (and doesn't matter which question you ask as she says the same answer before she runs off).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I dunno.

This seems bad.
It happens with almost every announcement.

Sony, Microsoft and Apple's shares dropped when PS4 Pro, Xbox S and iPhone 7 were announced, respectively. Not something to be worried about. Stock holders aren't the ones who are going to buy the games.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I dunno.

This seems bad.
There's not enough context in those figures. The stock price raised an ungodly amount before the Switch's reveal. What was the situation for the Wii and WiiU?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So basically we have to wait till a January or February direct for them to show some games and tell us details.
Great..

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
This is literally what the stock market does for virtually everything.

Why's it always gotta boil back to finance? Isn't this about video games? Come on, man! This is the first Nintendo system that's been revealed in the past 8+ years that has not been straight mocked out the gate, and it actually looks slick! Even the Wii was made fun of during its pre-release.

The Switch is legitimately a really solid looking console right now.

They're baiting me mad hard btw, that Mario game looks very 64-esque and I want to know more, goddddd this year sucks when's 2017

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To explain the drop.

upload_2016-10-21_21-7-27.png

You can see the jump after the NX announcement. Stock-holders are largely interested in profit, and the stock value was the highest it has been in October, so they hurriedly sold off their stocks to make a profit off it, causing the value to fall.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

New S/M trailer focusing on Mimikyu.

Notably, there's a better look at the Ghost type Z-Move, as well as the first appearance of the Fairy type Z-Move.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I NEED TO HUG IT ALREADY
WHY COULDN'T YOU GIVE MY BABY A GOD DAMN HAPPINESS EVO GAMEFREAK

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Even though I've only released like three free games, I still really want a devkit for this thing.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This is literally what the stock market does for virtually everything.

Why's it always gotta boil back to finance? Isn't this about video games? Come on, man! This is the first Nintendo system that's been revealed in the past 8+ years that has not been straight mocked out the gate, and it actually looks slick! Even the Wii was made fun of during its pre-release.

The Switch is legitimately a really solid looking console right now.

They're baiting me mad hard btw, that Mario game looks very 64-esque and I want to know more, goddddd this year sucks when's 2017
I have my own reasons for liking what I'm seeing, although the slickness and the relative lack of people whining is a huge plus.

It looks incredibly smooth and nice switching between console to handheld and back again and that Splatoon's got things like tentacle styles, pants, maybe gloves depending on whether that's attached to the shirt or not, etc.

Prior to the meltdown over no more news this year that caused everyone to go right back into 'doomed mode, even NeoGAF seemed abnormally happy about it. There was like one person repeatedly upset and a few (well more than a few but proportionally speaking it was only a few) drivebys out of several hundred comments. Then again hopefully that's not some kind of jinx, LOL.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Stock holders know a thing or two about whether something is likely to be a success or not.
Not saying we should trust them blindly, no, but we also shouldn't trust Nintendo blindly.
Nor our emotional investment, positive or negative, at said company. I see a lot of people brushing off criticism by going 'oh they're a Nintendo fanboy / hater.'

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Notably, there's a better look at the Ghost type Z-Move, as well as the first appearance of the Fairy type Z-Move.
That song that's playing in the background is pretty sad, though:
ミミッキュのうた (Mimikyu's Song)

ヨー、ヨー (Yo, yo)
来てください (Please gather round)
ミミッキュのラップだよ (It's really Mimikyu's rap)

ピカチュウじゃないよミミッキュだよ (I'm not really Pikachu, I'm really Mimikyu)
さみしがりやのミミッキュだよ (I'm really just a lonely Mimikyu)
おひさまおひさまちょっとこわい (The sun, the sun, it's a little scary)
まっくらなとこが好きなんだい (I like the kinds of places that are really dark)
みんなとなかよくなりたくて (I want to make friends with everyone)
ピカチュウのマネっこしています (I'm Pikachu's imitation)
このお洋服似てるでしょ? (Do you really think I look like one?)
てづくりなんですすごいでしょ? (Isn't it really neat that it's handmade?)
めくっちゃだめだよぜったいに (Flipping it over is really NOT a good idea)
見たら呪われちゃうかもよ (If you really see what's underneath, you end up cursed)
おばけじゃないよミミッキュだよ (I'm not really a ghost, I'm really Mimikyu)
大きなツメできみを守るぞ (My huge claws will totally protect you)
10まんボルトでお役に立つぞ (My Thunderbolt will totally help you)
頼れるポケモン育つから (I'll grow to be a reliable Pokémon)
あなたの仲間にしてください (Please let me be be friends with you)
友達になろうミミッキュだよ (Becoming friends with you, I'm really Mimikyu)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yeah, the stocks aren't going to tell us too much yet, we probably won't know where it stands until more information comes out for it and the reactions that come with it.

Yeah, I think the water starter has been a punching bag since "Wotter" in gen 5. ...I think. Was Froakie picked on all that much? I know I personally found Chespin to be dumb.

----
It got some hate, but it was not nearly to the same extent Oshawott and Popplio got. It also pretty much disappeared as soon as fans started to realize it was a ninja, at which point it started climbing through the polls and eventually overtook Fennekin.

Chespin's line is in an odd spot as while it's not as controversial as Delphox, it doesn't get a lot of attention at all and in some cases just falls through the cracks.

Someone posted English lyrics for the song that you can keep the rhyme going with.

It's a very adorable video, makes you want to hug the poor thing.

Edit: :4greninja:'d on the lyrics

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Even though I've only released like three free games, I still really want a devkit for this thing.
Speaking of game development, I have a game ready to develop myself. I actually got to start the darn thing. Anyway, it will be running the Godot engine, which is an open source game engine currently licensed under the permissive MIT License.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
between all of these praises about the Switch

I ultimately want to know what Game Grumps and Dunkey think about it.

Dunkey, despite recently having made several rant videos about certain companies, has never really thrown shade at Nintendo, other than the recent "The Sad Year" video where he questions the company's notorious YouTube practices and the decision to make Color Splash (and even then, it humourously falls into trivial complaints about the Wii U's update times and not being able to navigate the Wii menu with a Gamecube controller).

Game Grumps I'm more interested in, mainly because I have the gut feeling that Arin will say something that will get the fanbase up in arms no matter what. Ultimately, however, I think they'll react positively to the console having a innovation that is both useful and doesn't get in the way of actual gameplay, allowing developers to have an easier time making mainstream game experiences that you'd find on other consoles.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Newest Pokemon Generations episode is out now!

I will post my thoughts later.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum how many current teams are there for the multi battle tournament? I still don't know who to pair up with :lol:

I hope they do something with the Wii U games because I still haven't gotten a Wii U yet :lol:
As of now? Zero. Probably because of the Switch/Alola leak, but no one has sent a team PM yet. Hopefully people will start soon.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Eh, I'm not too bothered about no backwards compatibility. I'll just hold on to the physical versions until they become collectors items and the next gen wonder why the WiiU failed if the games were so great.

Getting that dreamcast love.
I dont mind buying MK8 again digitaly. I only got It physical because it came with my wii u when I bought it
Delphox's demise was not because the design only, but also how it was shown.
In the anime looked nice, with good proportions and expressions.
The official art looks unidimensional and the head is kinda small.
The in-game model is absolute ****.
Delphox looks fine? official art, anime and in game

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Just think about all the NDA's that had to be issued for this to happen. :estatic:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
The Switch offers a new spin on consoles that has high appeal to the market, something nobody else has. Scorpio's likely gonna be an Xbone2, so we'll have to wait for that. PS4 Pro however doesn't really have much going for it iirc as it requires your TV to be able to do 4k and it's trying to compete with PC
That didn't answer my question at all.

I wasn't asking what does the Switch offer that the other two don't, I was asking how does Nintendo plan to keep up with them in terms of power. The Switch is already weaker than the PS4 and Xbox One, meaning it'll be even farther behind by the time the PS4 Pro and Scorpio comes out; which the Scorpio is said to be even stronger than the PS4 pro as it'll be able to do true 4K vs the PS4 Pro's upscaled 4K.

Also, PS4 Pro doesn't require your display to be 4K to do anything special. Plugging it into a 1080p display will still have benefits, only instead of pushing (upscaled) 4K resolutions, it's pushing greater graphical fidelity and performance. As for Project Scorpio, no it's not a new generation of Xbox consoles, it's just a mid generation upgrade like the PS4 Pro, just a bigger jump in power. Everything that works on the standard Xbox One will work on Scorpio and vice versa. It's all the same architecture, just better specifications.

Nintendo could possibly, down the line release a Nintendo Switch Pro. Or a Nintendo Switch XL, because god damn those Joy-Cons look tiny when separated.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Stock holders know a thing or two about whether something is likely to be a success or not.
Not saying we should trust them blindly, no, but we also shouldn't trust Nintendo blindly.
Nor our emotional investment, positive or negative, at said company. I see a lot of people brushing off criticism by going 'oh they're a Nintendo fanboy / hater.'
My first thought when I saw the drop was that it was because consumer faith in Nintendo is largely dead. That doesn't really speak for the future of the Switch so much as the past of the Wii U and the fact that people are quick to judge the present by the standards of the past.

The YouTube video of the reveal has now climbed to over 10 million views and has stayed at #1 on YouTube's trending list overnight, so there's definitely some interest from someone out there.

Stock holders are the kind of people who ask Nintendo why they're talking about video games at their shareholder meetings. I'm not entirely sure all of them have a proper grasp on the success or failure rate of a video game console, even if some do.

For what it's worth, Sean Malstrom is skeptical about the games so far but says the console concept itself is fine and better than the last generation. I tend to strongly disagree with many of his opinions on software, but his hardware points have lined up pretty well with my opinions lately and he did predict the success of the Wii.

And, well. . .some people are really bad at presenting comments like praise or criticism, so it's kind of obvious why it turns into a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation on a community level when someone actually tries to do it properly. A bunch of dumb kids pushing an elevator button too hard repeatedly as a joke can make it break when a person actually trying to use it goes to push it themselves. Maybe it's not the best situation, but it's easy enough to see a possible reason why.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pokémon Generations thoughts!

Holy ****.

So Kyogre was legitimately terrifying in this, let's get that out of the way. The dubbing for Archie and Shelly is kinda hit or miss at times though.

But yeah, totally awesome. You really get to see what Kyogre is capable of.

I give it an "I need a gif of Spheal pinball-ing into Magikarp"/10

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Thats a harpy
IIRC Sirens can actually go either way in concept.

Harpies are always birdgirls, though, so it's easier for me personally to assume sirens are fishgirls when I see the term. Scribblenauts seems to go for the birdgirl concept, though, even making it a different birdgirl than the harpy from what I can remember.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That song that's playing in the background is pretty sad, though:
ミミッキュのうた (Mimikyu's Song)

ヨー、ヨー (Yo, yo)
来てください (Please gather round)
ミミッキュのラップだよ (It's really Mimikyu's rap)

おひさまおひさまちょっとこわい (The sun, the sun, it's a little scary)
まっくらなとこが好きなんだい (I like the kinds of places that are really dark)
みんなとなかよくなりたくて (I want to make friends with everyone)
ピカチュウのマネっこしています (I'm Pikachu's imitation)
このお洋服似てるでしょ? (Do you really think I look like one?)
てづくりなんですすごいでしょ? (Isn't it really neat that it's handmade?)
めくっちゃだめだよぜったいに (Flipping it over is really NOT a good idea)
見たら呪われちゃうかもよ (If you really see what's underneath, you end up cursed)
大きなツメできみを守るぞ (My huge claws will totally protect you)
10まんボルトでお役に立つぞ (My Thunderbolt will totally help you)
頼れるポケモン育つから (I'll grow to be a reliable Pokémon)
あなたの仲間にしてください (Please let me be be friends with you)

I cried a little after reading and listening to it.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
between all of these praises about the Switch

I ultimately want to know what Game Grumps and Dunkey think about it.

Dunkey, despite recently having made several rant videos about certain companies, has never really thrown shade at Nintendo, other than the recent "The Sad Year" video where he questions the company's notorious YouTube practices and the decision to make Color Splash (and even then, it humourously falls into trivial complaints about the Wii U's update times and not being able to navigate the Wii menu with a Gamecube controller).
Dunkey tweeted about it:

D

Deleted member

Mimikyu for Smash Shift.
Let's give it the popularity it desperately wants. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom