• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

For those who say they can't draw...

Is it really that you can't draw? Or is it really that you DON'T draw?
There's a difference...

It's really easy to pick up a pencil and paper and just draw, doesn't matter how bad it is...Just Draw!...If you want to get better at drawing you just gotta keep doing it and refine your technique...
Have trouble drawing certain things? Keep drawing it, accustom yourself to the subject you're drawing and get used to drawing...

At the same time, learn about what you're drawing and why certain things look the way they do...
This.

Art is a skill set, anyone can learn it. You just gotta sink the time into it.

Talent is really just "you liked drawing as a kid, because you had positive reinforcement, so you drew more, which helped you improve, which you got more praise, so you drew more, till you finally got OK, and then you decided to formally study it, which made you get REALLY good at it."

Also, I wanna see your art dude, if you don't mind. I'm interested, and I love seeing the work of other artists.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So, is 8th gen pokemon going to be on the Switch?
Depends. Seems it could go that way but knowing Nintendo, they could keep the DS line going as the one aimed at children on the basis that it's harder for the little... dickens to break it in half.

D

Deleted member

If Entermaid's signature move really is Aurora Veil and it gets a good HA, his popularity will sure raise. All Serperior needed was Contrary after all
Also, I want to know the official names already, I'm tired of calling it Entermaid

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Entermaid's signature move really is Aurora Veil and it gets a good HA, his popularity will sure raise. All Serperior needed was Contrary after all
Also, I want to know the official names already, I'm tired of calling it Entermaid
Well, I think Serperior was the most popular of them regardless. I know Emboar was hated for being a big fat tub of Fire/Fighting lard. A slow, defensive fire type pokemon. I don't remember if Samurott was any popular though

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has this been posted yet?
Gotta say, I love the throwback to the original Japanese SMB art.
LOL, is that Blastoise as Bowser?

Blastoise seems to be their go to bad guy pokemon recently

First Gary's viscous Blastoise ...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Siren's have the lower body of a bird though. Well, traditionally at least. Don't know how bird legs got morphed into fish body over time.
I think it's because the Odyssey takes place at sea and in retellings that neglect to mention what a siren is it's easier to imagine them as jerk mermaid rather than jerk seagull women.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Kotaku

People disliked Popplio BEFORE they saw it's evolution was "feminine"

Popplio itself isn't feminine in any way
I thought Popplio looked quite feminine.

I don't think it being feminine is a good reason to hate it though.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Kotaku

People disliked Popplio BEFORE they saw it's evolution was "feminine"

Popplio itself isn't feminine in any way
Are you forgetting that these are the same blokes that asked Aonuma if Tingle was gay (which he responded that he's very weird instead of gay)?

Right, because a slightly effeminate middle aged man that refuses to grow up is sexually interested in other males like Link. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Found this on Know your meme

Could work, maybe.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So I'm finally getting back into Xenoblade Chronicles X after months of being sidetracked by other games. I'm at the point where I'm doing quests and leveling up to prepare for Chapter 10. Hoping to have the main story finished before sun and Moon come out...possibly sooner, if I can manage it.

On that note, does anyone have any good guides on skell loadouts and how to figure out which skell weapons give which arts? Kind of hard to figure out what to buy and equip when I have no clue what I'm getting...

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
http://nintendoeverything.com/ninte...bility-for-switch-no-comment-on-mobile-games/

Expected, but still disappointing Nintendo doesn't plan some external peripherals in order to offset it.
Dang, that's the ONE feature I would have thought it would have given the Wii U's short lifespan. I would hope they offer something to compensate Wii U owners for not delivering a full console cycle (it hasn't even been 4 years!). :facepalm:

Given the NES Classic & Sun/Moon, they will have a decent holiday season, but that will definitely cost them some faith. The launch line up & 6 month window is going to have to be the best Nintendo has ever had if they want to do good by consumers and reliably compete with their competitors.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dang, that's the ONE feature I would have thought it would have given the Wii U's short lifespan. I would hope they offer something to compensate Wii U owners for not delivering a full console cycle (it hasn't even been 4 years!). :facepalm:

Given the NES Classic & Sun/Moon, they will have a decent holiday season, but that will definitely cost them some faith. The launch line up & 6 month window is going to have to be the best Nintendo has ever had if they want to do good by consumers and reliably compete with their competitors.
To note, it says "No physical backwards compatibility". We could still have the Wii U games work digitally.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
To note, it says "No physical backwards compatibility". We could still have the Wii U games work digitally.
That's nice, but it does nothing for Wii U owners who bought physical games.

Reminds me of the PS Vita, with it being able to play digital PSP stuff, but not physical media.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I always forget how awful the YT community is.

And how heated console announcements can be.

Some people are so anti-Nintendo... I have to remind myself not to feed the trolls.

I have a few friends in my personal life who laugh at Nintendo a lot. I really hope the NS absolutely kills it. So I can rub it in their 'PS4 have better specs' faces.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It still screws a lot of people out of a full console cycle, however. Knowing this there's no point to buying BotW for the Wii U anymore. The Wii U is pretty much dead now that last major exclusive, Paper Mario, is out.

Granted I've probably been listening to too many podcasts nor do I think it will be as bad as it could be given it's also replacing the 3DS, but that would be a SEGA-size misstep on Nintendo's part.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It still screws a lot of people out of a full console cycle, however. Knowing this there's no point to buying BotW for the Wii U anymore. The Wii U is pretty much dead now that last major exclusive, Paper Mario, is out.

Granted I've probably been listening to too many podcasts nor do I think it will be as bad as it could be given it's also replacing the 3DS, but that would be a SEGA-size misstep on Nintendo's part.
They could (or rather, should) do something like "Trade a physical copy for a digital one" if Wii U games supported digitally.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This.

Art is a skill set, anyone can learn it. You just gotta sink the time into it.

Talent is really just "you liked drawing as a kid, because you had positive reinforcement, so you drew more, which helped you improve, which you got more praise, so you drew more, till you finally got OK, and then you decided to formally study it, which made you get REALLY good at it."

Also, I wanna see your art dude, if you don't mind. I'm interested, and I love seeing the work of other artists.
A lot of the times when someone says 'talent' I can't help but dislike it...without realizing it they are downplaying the actual time and work that was put into that person's study...
Sure some people can get the hang of it a lot easier than others but that doesn't mean they still didn't put work into it...
At least that's what I think...

Sure thing, I post some of my stuff on here sporaticaly, but here's my dA...I need to get back into it more consistently...

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I know this will never, ever happen but...

Imagine if there was a thing where during a certain period of time, if you provide evidence that you bought Splatoon, Mario Kart 8 (and other ports of Wii U games) to a certain retailer (i.e EB Games in Australia), you get said game at half price.

It'd be a nice way of saying thank you to those who are willing to buy the same game for a different system a second time.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Eh, I'm not too bothered about no backwards compatibility. I'll just hold on to the physical versions until they become collectors items and the next gen wonder why the WiiU failed if the games were so great.

Getting that dreamcast love.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I always forget how awful the YT community is.

And how heated console announcements can be.

Some people are so anti-Nintendo... I have to remind myself not to feed the trolls.

I have a few friends in my personal life who laugh at Nintendo a lot. I really hope the NS absolutely kills it. So I can rub it in their 'PS4 have better specs' faces.
Just today I overheard someone say that Nintendo should stop making consoles in my college class. Seems like an unfair statement at this point in time.

However, it goes both ways. Nintendo fans shouldn't get so invested that they feel at competition with fans of other systems.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Opossum Opossum how many current teams are there for the multi battle tournament? I still don't know who to pair up with :lol:

I hope they do something with the Wii U games because I still haven't gotten a Wii U yet :lol:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
They could (or rather, should) do something like "Trade a physical copy for a digital one" if Wii U games supported digitally.
There would still be some sourness there, but that would be better than nothing. Hopefully we get full system specs as transfers are going to be heavily needed regardless of backwards comparability and the Wii U's small system storage space was a big shortcoming.

Just pick a different starter

I thought Delphox was the ugliest piece of crap ever

What did I do?

I picked Greninja. I was actually ALWAYS on team Froakie. But still

I'm not going to complain that looking at Delphox makes my eyes bleed because of how horrible it is, or say that the only way I see people liking it is because they stared at it so long they've gone blind and potentially dumb by the boiling juices of their eyes scarring the tissue of their brain. No.

I just pick a different starter. They should stop whining and pick Rowlett
I remember when I though Chespin was the worst Kalos starter and was sure I was going to pick Froakie.

Then Chesnaught got leaked.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well there it is:

https://www.destructoid.com/nintend...9.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Looks like the gameplay of Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon were enhanced ports of some kind. Really, it was kind of obvious, but its good for those who were still skeptical as to whether it was/n't Backwards Compatible I guess.
Um. . .? It doesn't say anything about whether or not they were ports. It just says it isn't backwards compatible, which is kind of obvious from the lack of a disk drive and the presumed architecture jump.

Lack of backwards compatibility doesn't automatically mean a port.

Was there another article you were intending to link instead?

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Enough of the Bayonetta 3 idols. **** off!

*blocked*
Hey, I never said anything about Bayonetta 3!

But I do have a hunch that the next Platinum game (regardless of IP) will feature:
  • Well-designed combat systems
  • Boss fights with emphasis on spectacle
  • Quick time events
  • An excessively complex scoring system
And, really, that's all you need in a game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Only thing I can think Nintendo could do to soften the "no physical backwards compatibility" thing is to create a cloud system for Wii U save files. Then open that cloud on the Switch and it can detect that you have those games for the Wii U, and it allows you to download digital versions of them based on that.

Granted, it can't be THAT simple because that could be easily abused, but something along those lines would really soften the blow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A lot of the times when someone says 'talent' I can't help but dislike it...without realizing it they are downplaying the actual time and work that was put into that person's study...
Sure some people can get the hang of it a lot easier than others but that doesn't mean they still didn't put work into it...
At least that's what I think...

Sure thing, I post some of my stuff on here sporaticaly, but here's my dA...I need to get back into it more consistently...
Not bad man, I dig it. I gave you a follow. My stuff is on my sig.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Just today I overheard someone say that Nintendo should stop making consoles in my college class. Seems like an unfair statement at this point in time.

However, it goes both ways. Nintendo fans shouldn't get so invested that they feel at competition with fans of other systems.
A lot of the people who are disappointed in the Switch in the Nintendo fandom probably were in that competition, TBH.

Not all of them, obviously, some are upset at having to get a both in one console-handheld instead of one or the other and others have individual gripes, but. . .yeah prior to the reveal there were quite a few people in an angry measuring contest.

Honestly hatedoms are some of the most grating and obnoxious things on the internet and the fact that it escapes off of it is downright sad. I wish people would just let each other like things instead of having to drag everyone else down just to make themselves feel better or feed their egos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom