• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
IIRC Sirens can actually go either way in concept.

Harpies are always birdgirls, though, so it's easier for me personally to assume sirens are fishgirls when I see the term. Scribblenauts seems to go for the birdgirl concept, though, even making it a different birdgirl than the harpy from what I can remember.
Yeah, Harpys are normaly shown as birds and Sirens are normaly shown as fish

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The reveal for the Switch has over 7 million views...

Holy Crap.
Nintendo right now:

And the mimikyu song and pika mario and lugi are dorable.

The latest generations is amazing though! Kyroge is massive and scary! I wonder if it's two parts.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That didn't answer my question at all.

I wasn't asking what does the Switch offer that the other two don't, I was asking how does Nintendo plan to keep up with them in terms of power. The Switch is already weaker than the PS4 and Xbox One, meaning it'll be even farther behind by the time the PS4 Pro and Scorpio comes out; which the Scorpio is said to be even stronger than the PS4 pro as it'll be able to do true 4K vs the PS4 Pro's upscaled 4K.

Also, PS4 Pro doesn't require your display to be 4K to do anything special. Plugging it into a 1080p display will still have benefits, only instead of pushing (upscaled) 4K resolutions, it's pushing greater graphical fidelity and performance. As for Project Scorpio, no it's not a new generation of Xbox consoles, it's just a mid generation upgrade like the PS4 Pro, just a bigger jump in power. Everything that works on the standard Xbox One will work on Scorpio and vice versa. It's all the same architecture, just better specifications.

Nintendo could possibly, down the line release a Nintendo Switch Pro. Or a Nintendo Switch XL, because god damn those Joy-Cons look tiny when separated.
The chip is about as strong as an Xbone iirc, and 'the dock powering up the Switch' could mean it gets stronger.
Problem with 4K is that games need to be optimalized for it

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Newest Pokemon Generations episode is out now!

I will post my thoughts later.
This one seemed to be more showing us the context of the power of the legendaries then telling us anything unique, and in that endeavor it did its job very well. Primal Kyogre is portrayed as a complete force of nature, and its power is shown causing great destruction around the region and the Pokémon living in it. The music playing also really helps this scene as it's a remix of the Weather trio's battle theme, and it sounds like something you'd expect from a cataclysmic event of this magnitude. The animation follows suit in the same sense with it portraying the strong currents and the storms, as well as the scene where it outright attacks Team Aqua. The voice acting is hit or miss and that is a weakness of this episode, but you at least get a feel for the characters and it does still fit in with what's going on.

I will admit I wished this episode focused a bit more on Archie and Shelly's characters similar to Courtney's back in the previous episode (particularly in regards to Jirachi), but I understand that wasn't the focus. It's still a good episode nonetheless, and I do appreciate what they did for this scene in the original games/remakes.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Man Archie is magnificent

Aqua is always better than Magma

I dunno.

This seems bad.
You don't remember when the PS4 was first announced back in March 2013.

Oh boy, that was bad and it got some negative looks because it only showed the controller and the stocks went down as well

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nintendo right now:

And the mimikyu song and pika mario and lugi are dorable.

The latest generations is amazing though! Kyroge is massive and scary! I wonder if it's two parts.
It's at over 10 million now. Actually, it's over 10.6 million.

How much more bank is that?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Thoughts on the newest episode of Pokemon Generations:

This has to be on par with the Team Magma one for my favorite Generations episode thus far. It felt like a pretty neat follow up from the last episode. The Magma one was the beginning of the mission to the Seafloor Cavern and giving us a brief glimpse of what could come out with Primal Groudon. This time, we see the mission get carried out, only instead of Magma doing the job, its Aqua's turn.

Archie's words to Kyogre were a perfect reflection of his goal in AlphaSapphire. I think the directing during the part could've been improved though. I think it could've been presented through a rotational perspective (think of the last episode around the part right before Courtney's vision came into play) rather than dramatic sliding transitions.

Also, super happy that Shellie and Matt made an appearance! Not counting Kyogre, I'd say Shellie was the star of this episode. I really liked how her dialogue with Archie right before he awakens Kyogre was expanded on from the games. In AS, she only tells Archie that he could bring about the end of the world if he proceeds with his plan. Here, she justifies her reasoning by recalling the Weather Institute incident. In the ORAS games, when you walk in on Tabitha/Shellie right before your battle with them, they comment something along the lines "So this legendary Pokemon is capable of bringing about the end of the world." Having her mention that to Archie in this episode was a very nice tie in. I also thought Shellie's acting was on point here. I could really sense the desperation and concern as she talked to Archie.

Matt unfortunately didn't get that much focus, but his facial reaction to the destruction looked pretty good. It looked as if he had a vision of what would happen prior, and now he has a face that says, "I can't believe this is really happening." This made me think back to the last episode with Courtney's vision. I can imagine her reaction would look a lot like Matt's here. Whoever voiced Matt could've done a better job though, particularly when he was communicating the news to Archie. I couldn't sense the concern coming from his voice.

The biggest highlight of the episode definitely has to be Kyogre. The episode does a really good job conveying the destruction the Pokemon is capable of. I felt some pretty serius chills at four parts: the whirlpool from underwater as multiple Water Pokemon are caught in it, the forest scene where the wild Pokemon are running away from two GIGANTIC tornadoes, the massive flock of Wingulls flying away as we see the wind and the waves plow through the islands, and that massive water spout right in front of the Mossedeep Space Center. The cinematic shots in all of them were fantastic and really conveyed Kyogre's destructive power. Even the scene when it awakens was on point too. The way it broke out of its statue-like state and its leap into the water in front of Team Aqua was pretty astounding. I found it a bit funny that Kyogre was flying through the air at one point, but the tornadoes surrounding the Pokemon made up for it.

Also, the music was excellent! An opera version of the Weather Trio battle theme played in the background throughout Kyogre's moment, and it really fit the tone to what was going on.

And that final scene with Archie trying to command Kyogre... damn, that cliffhanger! Archie never expected that Kyogre would be too much to control, and the episode ends right when it seems like the Pokemon is about to devour Archie and Shellie. Reminds me of a cutscene from Fire Emblem Awakening where we see Lucina confronting Grima, and the cutscene right when it looks like Grima is about to eat her as she screams out of fright. Just thinking of that makes me wonder how did Archie and Shellie make it out of a seemingly-deadly encounter like that.

And is it just me, or did the Aqua submarine look smaller on the inside compared to the Magma submarine? Particularly, the Aqua submarine didn't look as spacious.

In all, definitely a fantastic episode! I only wonder what the next Hoenn episode will focus on. Personally, I'd like to see an episode featuring Wally going through some kind of battle some sort. Maybe, he could be fighting Wallace during it, and we see a recollection of how Brendan/May impacted as we see some scenes of Wally training together with his Gallade.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also calling it. Next week Generations is gonna do the Delta Episode.

Really enjoyed the PG short.

The destruction that Kyogre caused was like from a disaster movie.

Just think about all the NDA's that had to be issued for this to happen. :estatic:
Inb4 they promised a free Nintendo Switch for everyone who keeps their mouth shut.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Really enjoyed the PG short.

The destruction that Kyogre caused was like from a disaster movie.

Inb4 they promised a free Nintendo Switch for everyone who keeps their mouth shut.
That's the only way they could have gotten everyone to not talk about it.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
hmm intresting. I wonder what caused that
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ebsites-loading-issues-problems-a7373616.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-paypal-ebay-facebook-instagram-a7374506.html

Basically a major DDoS attack on a DNS server company used by several major websites. DNS is like the phone book of the internet - when you type in "smashboards.com", for example, the DNS server is what tells your computer to connect to the server hosting this site. If the DNS server is down, your computer doesn't know where to go - a bit like trying to phone someone if you only know their name, but can't access a phone book.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ebsites-loading-issues-problems-a7373616.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-paypal-ebay-facebook-instagram-a7374506.html

Basically a major DDoS attack on a DNS server company used by several major websites. DNS is like the phone book of the internet - when you type in "smashboards.com", for example, the DNS server is what tells your computer to connect to the server hosting this site. If the DNS server is down, your computer doesn't know where to go - a bit like trying to phone someone if you only know their name, but can't access a phone book.
ooh yeah, I get that everytime my router goes out, its so annoying. I wonder is pokemon center is down also. Shockingly, its not lol

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm extremely dissapointed (not really) that name of the new Pokémon Generations episode was not "Jaws". :laugh:

I loved how absolute crazy and hammy Archie is.
Primal Kyogre's awakening was 10/10. You can't beat ominous chanting when showing a apocalypse of Biblical proportions.
The animations felt a bit odd at times, and I didn't expect Shelly to have that kind of personality, honestly.
(Then again I didn't expect Courtney to the cute and psycho type either.)
The ending still was great too.

Also, it expects me to believe that Magikarp can stay still in a current while Spheal can't. Bruh.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
While it's disappointing to hear "no more news til 2017", I think we all know that's not literally the case.

Be it some third party announcements, a tidbit or two from an interview or investor meeting, a specific release date (which needs to happen asap to maximize pre-orders), or even a new Animal Crossing in that Direct, we have at least a couple of news points to look forward to in the next two months and two weeks.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Dang, that Pokemon Generations episode was nice.
Didn't expect it to be that good. Epic 5 minutes.

I want to see some episodes starring Zinnia, AZ, or N and Ghetsis.

-----

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Real question regarding the Nintendo Switch. Does it really matter if the battery life is 4 hours long? I mean to be completely honest. Why would you play a game for 4 hours? Maybe it's just me and how busy I actually am, but I really can't see someone playing for four hours? Isn't that a little unhealthy? Also why be concerned about battery life being 4 hours if in general you are at home playing on the TV? This isn't to knock anyone who plays games for hours on end, but just curious as to others opinions on it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Real question regarding the Nintendo Switch. Does it really matter if the battery life is 4 hours long? I mean to be completely honest. Why would you play a game for 4 hours? Maybe it's just me and how busy I actually am, but I really can't see someone playing for four hours? Isn't that a little unhealthy? Also why be concerned about battery life being 4 hours if in general you are at home playing on the TV? This isn't to knock anyone who plays games for hours on end, but just curious as to others opinions on it.
Eh, when I'm into a game I play it all day. It's not like I have anything better to do. All I got is work and 2 days off where I don't really have anything else to do

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I suppose it depends on how much the battery gets consumed if the system is at its brightest, any wireless/internet features are turned on, if the system is on stand by/sleep mode while something like streetpass/spotpass is enabled etc etc. If that consumes a lot of battery power, I can see why that might be a turn off to some people. Especially to those who are out and about on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Chrono.

On the battery life: The 3DS was also initially reported to be around 3 hours long.

So maybe Switch is on par.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It does for me as I tend to leave my 3DS on while doing other things. I hope the Switch has a sleep function of some type.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've played games longer then four hours, but its not all the time. Like if I'm really into a game, I could play it for hours. An example is when Skyrim first got released. I played it for good eight hours until I realized it was morning. That was quite the dawn too cause I finally got my Smithing to 100, had the entire Daedra set... *sniff* good times...

But anyways, regarding its battery life, it may be small but hopefully that discourages people from taking it outside. You're NSwitch should NEVER leave the house. Playing Skyrim on a mountain aside, I feel its basically opening you up for getting mugged, or accidently breaking it, etc.. Best to just keep it home. Just saying.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I suppose it depends on how much the battery gets consumed if the system is at its brightest, any wireless/internet features are turned on, if the system is on stand by/sleep mode while something like streetpass/spotpass is enabled etc etc. If that consumes a lot of battery power, I can see why that might be a turn off to some people. Especially to those who are out and about on a regular basis.
I always forget how much battery I conserve keeping the light at the dimmest due to my eyes being crap. Good point haha.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When playing pokemon go, I turn the brightness on my phone all the way down

Now that consumes battery life like crazy

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not much of a mobile gamer and I do virtually all of my gaming at home so this doesn't really effect me.

That being said though I can see where some people might be agitated with the battery life only being 3 hours. Especially if said person was on a long road trip or a plane flight and had nothing to do.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I love that there's a Twitch Plays Pokémon reference in Badge Arcade this week.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"As long as I have the Blue Orb, Kyogre will obey my command!"

Immediately throws the blue orb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom