• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's actually not what he's pointing out. And I can see it as well.
He's pointing out the screen image is not actually coming off the device, it was put there in post which is why it's on a layer above his shirt

It was added in post because it wouldn't look anywhere near as clear if they had an actual device playing the game

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Hm, really? Well CD games still cost a lot. thats why I rarely buy wii u games. Im just glad online tax isnt a thing here

Eh, I still love ac on DS, easier for me to take everwhere

And about that Mobile game, has there been any news on that lately?
It's not cause they're on CDs but because they're on Wii U

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Cartridges can store more data than discs, they can also improve performance things like loading times. They also don't get damaged as easily which is a big plus in my book.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Cartridges can store more data than discs, they can also improve performance things like loading times. They also don't get damaged as easily which is a big plus in my book.
although one downside is they can get left in your pocket

I once left Dark Moon in my pocket when I washed my pants. It still worked, maybe because I hung them outside to dry

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
He's pointing out the screen image is not actually coming off the device, it was put there in post which is why it's on a layer above his shirt

It was added in post because it wouldn't look anywhere near as clear if they had an actual device playing the game
Actually with the right camera and lighting, you can record footage from a screen that looks almost comparable to direct feed.

Dunno why they didn't just do that. Well, other than if the system isn't quite ready to show off in real-time yet, of course.

This whole deal just means we know even less about the system now, though. Really gonna have to wait until I hear more before I consider buying it.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Actually with the right camera and lighting, you can record footage from a screen that looks almost comparable to direct feed.

Dunno why they didn't just do that. Well, other than if the system isn't quite ready to show off in real-time yet, of course.

This whole deal just means we know even less about the system now, though. Really gonna have to wait until I hear more before I consider buying it.
Hmm... I gotta ask, but I assume this error being present within the trailer confirms we were literally shown what the screen MIGHT look like in the final product?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just download games then
To what system memory? :drshrug:

Hmm... I gotta ask, but I assume this error being present within the trailer confirms we were literally shown what the screen MIGHT look like in the final product?
We were shown a mock-up. What they want us to believe we are buying, but the quality of what we get might not be quite the same. Could be better, or could be worse than what was shown.

This also means that potentially, none of the games shown were actually running on a Switch system. Since it's all edited in post, all of the gameplay could have just been running on PC. Skyrim in particular could have been showing one of the "officially confirmed" versions for other systems, meaning that statement from Bethesda yesterday makes way more sense now. They simply provided Nintendo with some Skyrim footage to plop into the trailer, but the system wasn't shown to be running the game.

So essentially, we know what the concept behind the Switch is. But we know diddly-squat about if it's actually any good at doing what it's supposed to do.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hm, really? Well CD games still cost a lot. thats why I rarely buy wii u games.
Disc games cost what they cost because they're on home consoles, and the price of home console games has always hovered around the $60-70 mark. NES games back in their day cost ~$60 new, SNES games cost $60-70 new, N64 games cost $70 new, and they were all on carts. If you account for inflation, technically games today are cheaper than ever.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

So I was right about everything we saw being a mock-up.
The tv part is likely footage though.
Hm, really? Well CD games still cost a lot. thats why I rarely buy wii u games. Im just glad online tax isnt a thing here

Eh, I still love ac on DS, easier for me to take everwhere

And about that Mobile game, has there been any news on that lately?
We know nothing, but there's an AC Direct on the 2nd, so we might see it there. My guess is they will focus on amiibo, the mobile title, and end it with a tease at AC Switch. That way they confirm it, without actually announcing it.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Actually, come to think of it.

Carts also mean save data not being put on the console. It's on the carts themselves.

That can help with system memory, barring updates and the like.

Soul.

Cartridges work better for this kind of device.

Discs don't.

It's a tablet portable home console; of course it has to use cartridges.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think one of the best parts of the switch is that there's a built in protector to hold cartridges. It closes them in rather then have them stick out. Which is pretty nice. That way if you drop it, it won't always come out and have you lose data.

D

Deleted member

So, apparently, it seems like a city here in Brazil will have the equivalent of a real life male version of Keijo tournament
If any anime was supposed to become real, I'm glad it was this one

I have to catch up on Jojo and whatever other anime I forgot to watch this week

Whaf we talking about now?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I know Blizzard potentially teased Hearthstone for Switch.

But Overwatch Switch when.

I really really really really need Nintendo exclusive costumes and the ability to shoot punks as my favorite multi-cultural heroes while just on my daily life of go-karting, attending parties on rooftops, jetsetting across the country, and playing basketball.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I just had a thought...

"Switch isn't meant to replace the 3DS"
Not likely since the Switch is being treated as a home console, and the 3DS is still profitable and is still releasing games. However the 3DS is nearing it's life and soon Nintendo's going to start (if they haven't already) planning the true successor...

Reminder there was a patent released a while back from Nintendo about a special touchscreen controller...and with Nintendo making a big push into mobile gaming, I wonder if their next dedicated handheld is going to be some 3DS/smart phone mockup with controller buttons implemented into the screen...(and for irony's sake can be connected to the TV :p)

The Switch as a concept is great but it's still in the baby stages of a truly powerful home/handheld hybrid..at least for this Generation Nintendo likely will continue creating handhelds after the 3DS line passes the torch...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly, I don't see the need for a separate handheld department or system anymore.

What's the point? All main installments and games can be played on the Switch.

Why have Legend of Zelda: Crys of Winter (a mock title of course) be a special handheld game? Whose gonna buy it? Why buy a separate console for a game that could be released in better graphics and played anywhere not just on the go?

Why do 2 separate Mario Karts for two separate systems? Animal Crossings? Mario Party? Etc?

It's a waste of their resources.

It's time to kill the handheld and console being separate. It truly is.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually, come to think of it.

Carts also mean save data not being put on the console. It's on the carts themselves.

That can help with system memory, barring updates and the like.
Hate to be the buzzkill again, but save data takes up a negligible amount of space. Usually a few megabytes. The amount of space you "save" by having save data on the carts is not enough to cover another full game to be downloaded to the system itself.

Though saving data to the carts would be cool for going to a friend's house or something. Just bring the game, and your save data is there on the cart.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There was a problem fetching the tweet
gonna be hard to aim when you have no wrist
:061:
This tweet brings up an interesting point:

An Wii U build makes a lot of sense for the Zelda BOTW. As we see it mostly on the portable screen. The trailer was probably made early on, and they just now wanted to release it.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Hate to be the buzzkill again, but save data takes up a negligible amount of space. Usually a few megabytes. The amount of space you "save" by having save data on the carts is not enough to cover another full game to be downloaded to the system itself.

Though saving data to the carts would be cool for going to a friend's house or something. Just bring the game, and your save data is there on the cart.
Well, not just save data, but game installation as well.

That's a lot better than being forced to install it to your system.

Not really going to be able to respond to anything because sleep but i just wanna say this real quick.

Nintendo being serious about this not being a 3ds successor and not just being PR talk wpuld be a worst case scenario for me. It would mean none of the benefits of a unified library, would nean it would still be buying 2 systems, and TBH would kill the enture purpose of letting Switch leave the house.

I really REALLY hope it's just PR talk (which i think it is)

:061:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I know Blizzard potentially teased Hearthstone for Switch.

But Overwatch Switch when.

I really really really really need Nintendo exclusive costumes and the ability to shoot punks as my favorite multi-cultural heroes while just on my daily life of go-karting, attending parties on rooftops, jetsetting across the country, and playing basketball.
I'd love and hate if Overwatch came out for the Switch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Imagine if Overwatch came to the switch and as a promotional deal between Sega and Nintendo, Bayonnetta is added. Or even someone like Fox, or Captain Falcon, etc.

What would your reaction be?

The person responsible for the DDoS was just this ****ing weeb.

Wtf.
I don't much about DDOS, but how do we know this person actually did it? And how?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Imagine if Overwatch came to the switch and as a promotional deal between Sega and Nintendo, Bayonnetta is added. Or even someone like Fox, or Captain Falcon, etc.

What would your reaction be?

I don't much about DDOS, but how do we know this person actually did it? And how?
They wouldn't add a character in just for Switch. They might make Nintendo exclusive skins like a Samus skin for Pharah as an example.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They wouldn't add a character in just for Switch. They might make Nintendo exclusive skins like a Samus skin for Pharah as an example.
I know, but the question was theoretical. As in, Nintendo pays them for content believing it would benefit them in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom