• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I got a 39/50 on a math test.

I feel pretty bad honestly...
Honestly, that's a pretty good score, Swamp! I will admit myself that I NEVER liked Math back then (a lot of people don't). The good news is that i'm practically done with it at this point (in a few years, I'll have to take a math-like class, but that's about it). Being honest here, pat yourself on the back and work hard for the next one. :)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Casuals don't care about that stigma at all.
Sorry, but casuals have to be the people that MOST care about that stigma. They don't want to play something that feels like a kids toy, they want something that feels like a slick piece of tech. The Switch as a console seems to have that covered, but we are not so sure on the games yet.

It runs Skyrim: Remastered
Bethesda have literally said the Switch wasn't actually running Skyrim, and they were just letting Nintendo use it as a mock-up game. While they could be covering for a bigger announcement from themselves, until that time comes, "it runs Skyrim: Remastered" is literally not an argument you can make.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Omg I would be jumping for joy.

Math is ridiculous.
That's considered a very good result over here. Just under 80%.

Not sure if that's bad compared to your usual performance or something, but if it isn't, pat yourself on the back.
That's 78%.

It's far from bad Swamp! It's actually good. I know peoples who would be overjoice to have such a grade. (But Americans works with letters for grades, right?)
Honestly, that's a pretty good score, Swamp! I will admit myself that I NEVER liked Math back then (a lot of people don't). The good news is that i'm practically done with it at this point (in a few years, I'll have to take a math-like class, but that's about it). Being honest here, pat yourself on the back and work hard for the next one. :)
I know 78% isn't that bad.

But I don't like getting C's even if the class is hard.

My GPA is 3.8 or so. I'm not that smart. I just work my ass off to get those grades...

I felt good about that test. 78% is just...

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115

It already has a big list of 3rd parties though, including From Software, Square Enix and Bethesda. Those three wouldn't care about developing for Switch if they don't believe in it.

It runs Skyrim: Remastered and is powered by Nvidia.
I was referring to the haters of Nintendo that are ignorant, not what I believe is fact.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Or they just focus on making the one new entry a lot bigger.

I'm kinda hoping the Mario Kart game is literally just Mario Kart 8 (which it very well looks to be), but it also has enough new content and features to match the content of a new Mario Kart game.

Basically the same "Dissidia Formula" I suggested Smash could go with.
*thinks about it for a moment*. . .So six year dev cycles? Because each of those games have 3 year dev cycles between titles as it is, at least for Kart and Animal Crossing.

I don't see Nintendo going full AAA with their releases, especially since they're talking about recycling engines to get things out faster. If they want to pump out a ton of games for their system then reinvesting the extra time seems like the kind of thing they would try.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I know 78% isn't that bad.

But I don't like getting C's even if the class is hard.

My GPA is 3.8 or so. I'm not that smart. I just work my *** off to get those grades...

I felt good about that test. 78% is just...
Let me tell you; when I took math tests, I always tended to feel good about them and then I later on found out that I didn't do as well as I had hoped. It happens all the time for many people, and you're not alone in that department! As for your GPA, a 3.8 is great in my opinion (then again, some question why the GPA system exists, but I won't go into a discussion about that). Like I said before, I would just learn from your mistakes and prepare for the next test. Not to put any additional pressure or anything, but you'll eventually have to move on and be prepared for what lies ahead.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
ChikoLad ChikoLad

It's a powerful system by way of using one of the best chips you can put in a PC. Even if it's a mockup. With that inside of it should be running big games like Fallout and Skyrim with pretty much ease.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

It already has a big list of 3rd parties though, including From Software, Square Enix and Bethesda. Those three wouldn't care about developing for Switch if they don't believe in it.

It runs Skyrim: Remastered and is powered by Nvidia.
That list Nintendo showed us is about as trustworthy as the Wii U one... Yeah there's more on there but it's not like it means anything until we get actual confirmed games for it.

Power wise I've been told it's not as powerful as the current Xbox 1 and PS4, much less the upgrades. And don't make me bring up Skyrim again...

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Bethesda have literally said the Switch wasn't actually running Skyrim, and they were just letting Nintendo use it as a mock-up game.
That's not what they said at all.

While Bethesda's much beloved Skyrim was clearly shown during Nintendo's Switch reveal video, the publisher told us today that it's not officially confirming the game just yet. "We're happy to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on the video. While we are not confirming any specific titles at this time, we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of the Switch. We look forward to revealing specific games and details in the future," a spokesperson said.
All that was stated is that it's not officially confirmed.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ten bucks the people saying Switch is a gimmick are all aboard the VR train...

And let me tell you something friends.

That is a unproven gimmick.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
78% is a higher end B over here (or on the cusp of it, can't remember).

American grading is messed up.
For reference, generally:

A+ = 98-100%
A = 94-97%
A- = 90-93%
B+ = 87-89%
B = 84-86%
B- = 80-83%
C+ = 77-79%
C = 74-76%
C- 70-73%
D = 65-69%
F= 0-64%

The USA has it rough compared to a lot of other countries, especially due to the immense pressure to not get anything under an A- or B+, when even a C or below can be seen as a "bad" grade.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
THAT'S A B?

Just what do you count as an A?
Everywhere I've been, that's a C. Unless there was curve for the specific class.
The grading system in Ireland changed very recently (like this school year), so we actually don't use the "A, B, C, D, etc." system anymore.

But A was 85% and above on the old system. B is 70%-84%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_grading_in_Ireland

ChikoLad ChikoLad

It's a powerful system by way of using one of the best chips you can put in a PC. Even if it's a mockup. With that inside of it should be running big games like Fallout and Skyrim with pretty much ease.
"Powered by NVIDIA" is too vague. My laptop is powered by NVIDIA too, but it's definitely not the shining beacon of gaming technology (though it's fairly reliable for most modern games, just not the highest settings usually).

Not to mention there were visible frame drops on BotW when the guy switched it to the handheld screen. Looks to me that having to display things on the handheld screen takes a hit on the performance.

That's not what they said at all.

All that was stated is that it's not officially confirmed.
...So they said exactly what I said?

"Not officially confirmed" means they are not developing it for Switch, ergo, it's not running on it. They wouldn't be saying this if it was as simple as "the game runs on the Switch and could be on it".

Ten bucks the people saying Switch is a gimmick are all aboard the VR train...

And let me tell you something friends.

That is a unproven gimmick.
Have you ever actually used a VR headset?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Someone is trying to still stay the NX is a third pillar....

Are you serious......?

AreJay25

...So they said exactly what I said?

"Not officially confirmed" means they are not developing it for Switch, ergo, it's not running on it. They wouldn't be saying this if it was as simple as "the game runs on the Switch and could be on it".
Not officially confirmed =/= not being developed. All it means is that they're not ready to discuss it at this moment.

None of the other games shown (besides BotW) were officially confirmed, either.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Not officially confirmed" means they are not developing it for Switch
That's not quite true.

Something can be not officially confirmed but still be developed.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
VR is a gimmick. I may not have used it.

But there has been not one thing about a VR game shown at a game show that made me go that was necessary. Some of it is cool sure, but...

It's as unnecessary to play a game as motion control was back when everyone was trying t o do it after the Wii's success.

As for your claims of performance looking weaker on the handheld side, well no ****, do you seriously expect the first major HD handheld to be the uttermost powerful thing out of the gate? I surely as hell don't. It still looks much better graphically as a handheld than Sony's attempts and the PSP/Vita were pretty impressive in that regard.

Last edited:
Square!
FF/KH,
I know this may have already been replied to because I haven't got caught up yet but this part and may just be hype but it isn't necessarily true.

Ignoring Bravely Third (silicon!) It probably just means Dragon Quest which has been confirmed and deconfirmed like 3 times now.

:061:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
That list Nintendo showed us is about as trustworthy as the Wii U one... Yeah there's more on there but it's not like it means anything until we get actual confirmed games for it.

Power wise I've been told it's not as powerful as the current Xbox 1 and PS4, much less the upgrades. And don't make me bring up Skyrim again...
Except Square Enix, Bethesda and From Software being on there means a great deal, but sure keep bringing up the Wii U I guess.

"You've been told" yeah okay, source this to me please because I've not heard a single thing about that.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
THAT'S A B?

Just what do you count as an A?
Over here:
A: 85-100
B: 71-85
C: 56-70
D: 40-55
--- Lower than 40% is a fail
E: 25-39
F: 10-24
NG (no grade): < 10%

Depending on the subject (typically stuff like higher level maths), a lot of people are happy to even just pass. So over here, close to 80% is considered a really good score.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Here's also a fun note.

Nintendo showed Breath of Wild, Mario, Splatoon and Mario Kart.

Only one of those is confirmed for sure by them for Switch.

They've not made a single post about the other 3 in any regards confirming that a Mario, Splatoon or Mario Kart is actually coming. So are those games not also brevy to ChikoLad ChikoLad 's logic?

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
For reference, generally:

A+ = 98-100%
A = 94-97%
A- = 90-93%
B+ = 87-89%
B = 84-86%
B- = 80-83%
C+ = 77-79%
C = 74-76%
C- 70-73%
D = 65-69%
F= 0-64%

The USA has it rough compared to a lot of other countries, especially due to the immense pressure to not get anything under an A- or B+, when even a C or below can be seen as a "bad" grade.
And here I am in Quebec were we use only the percentage and no letters. A long as you get 60%, you pass.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I know this may have already been replied to because I haven't got caught up yet but this part and may just be hype but it isn't necessarily true.

Ignoring Bravely Third (silicon!) It probably just means Dragon Quest which has been confirmed and deconfirmed like 3 times now.

:061:
I actually forgot about Dragon Quest.

Bravely Third is all I'd need, honesty.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not officially confirmed =/= not being developed. All it means is that they're not ready to discuss it at this moment.

None of the other games shown (besides BotW) were officially confirmed, either.
That's not quite true.

Something can be not officially confirmed but still be developed.
Not when you show it in an official trailer. It's either officially in development, or it's a mock-up. How else can I interpret it? Why would let your game show up in a trailer, and say "it's not officially confirmed", if it WASN'T being shown for mock-up purposes?

Well, they could be trying desperately to steal some thunder for their own independent announcement. But that's not as logical an assumption. For now, we can only take Skyrim as being there for mock-up purposes (meaning they're saying "Switch will allow you to play games LIKE Skyrim", as opposed to "it will run Skyrim").

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
We interrupt your Switch conversation to bring you this preview for the next episode of Pokémon Generations:

As I expected, the next episode will focus on Team Aqua. Archie is already looking pretty good. Now I'm hoping Shellie and Matt will appear as well.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Seriously, the Switch is design is so great. It's small, it simple, it's pretty and, best of all, it's actually a toaster.

Last edited:

AreJay25

Not when you show it in an official trailer. It's either officially in development, or it's a mock-up. How else can I interpret it? Why would let your game show up in a trailer, and say "it's not officially confirmed", if it WASN'T being shown for mock-up purposes?

Well, they could be trying desperately to steal some thunder for their own independent announcement. But that's not as logical an assumption. For now, we can only take Skyrim as being there for mock-up purposes ( meaning they're saying "Switch will allow you to play games LIKE Skyrim").
They're most likely just waiting for a Direct or a software showcase to discuss it further.

I highly doubt Bethesda would have their game featured prominently in a new trailer, and then say "ha ha it's not actually in development for the Switch". That's PR suicide.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
VR is a gimmick. I may not have used it.

But there has been not one thing about a VR game shown at a game show that made me go that was necessary. Some of it is cool sure, but...

It's as unnecessary to play a game as motion control was back when everyone was trying t o do it after the Wii's success.

As for your claims of performance looking weaker on the handheld side, well no ****, do you seriously expect the first major HD handheld to be the uttermost powerful thing out of the gate? I surely as hell don't. It still looks much better graphically as ahandheld than Sony's attempts and the PSP/Vita were pretty impressive in that regard.
Just because it's unnecessary for you personally, doesn't mean it's not a really big deal. Your argument is as flimsy as the "Switch is a novel gimmick" detractors you are trying to take a shot at, as their perspective is LITERALLY the same on the Switch. They don't like it, so obviously it's just novel, right?

And I'm sorry, but that performance wasn't weaker, it was flat out bad. Something it cannot afford to be. If the main feature of the console is playing "home console quality games on the go", it CANNOT afford to have a Wii U game of all things, running poorly on the go. To be console quality games on the go, the games have to stay perfectly stable on the go.

They're most likely just waiting for a Direct or a software showcase to discuss it further.

I highly doubt Bethesda would have their game featured prominently in a new trailer, and then say "ha ha it's not actually in development for the Switch". That's PR suicide.
It'd be PR suicide for Nintendo, not Bethesda. Meaning it's totally plausible as they've made terrible PR decisions like that before.

Bethesda's main market is PC gamers and Xbox gamers, neither of which will really care about the Switch and whether or not it has Elder Scrolls.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Except Square Enix, Bethesda and From Software being on there means a great deal, but sure keep bringing up the Wii U I guess.

"You've been told" yeah okay, source this to me please because I've not heard a single thing about that.
As were Mass Effect, Batman, Rayman, and Assassin's Creed... And look at what we got in the end. I mean, we're likely getting Nintendo's usual handheld support but I don't see Bethesda sticking around.

I hardly have an official source, but you don't either. It's knowing Nintendo's track record and knowing this is probably between their handheld and console price points vs "it's Nvida."

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If there's one thing Nintendo did right, it's make sure people know this isn't a Wii U controller.

The Switch is off to a good start.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
To me it's strange to think that Bethesda who currently specializes in massive games where you roam around freely and have hours upon hours of gameplay would allow them to show one of their games where you do just that, on a handheld no less, then turn around and not do that with either Fallout, Elder Scrolls or a new IP.

Just the idea of a system that's a handheld being able to play a game as massive as their's typical are is not something you want to advertise then not do. That's a huge feat in handheld gaming. You don't advertise that and then not follow up on it.

A Fallout or Elder Scrolls is coming to Switch mark my words.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I didn't even know E grades existed.
They... used to, over here. Apparently that grading scheme I listed was changed last year, so now a pass is technically 30% or higher (at least, as far as qualifying for university is concerned; it may or may not still be in use in schools themselves).
I think it originally existed for the purposes of our university application system, but I'm not certain on that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom