• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's also a fun note.

Nintendo showed Breath of Wild, Mario, Splatoon and Mario Kart.

Only one of those is confirmed for sure by them for Switch.

They've not made a single post about the other 3 in any regards confirming that a Mario, Splatoon or Mario Kart is actually coming. So are those games not also brevy to ChikoLad ChikoLad 's logic?
3D Mario was confirmed to be in development for "Nintendo's next system" by Miyamoto in the same interview that confirmed Pikmin 4. He even went as far as saying they were toying with the idea of it being Galaxy 3. It's also very clearly a brand new game with gameplay elements from Super Mario 64, which we haven't seen in a while.

Mario Kart clearly showed new mechanics and playable King Boo. It's not the same Mario Kart 8 we know, so it's obviously a new product for Switch.

BotW was officially confirmed for NX ages ago, though yes, it could very well just have been Wii U footage in the Switch trailer. Never denied that, and I would not be surprised if it was.

Splatoon has been confirmed to be a sequel. Also, once again, new features like new hair styles and maps were shown in the trailer itself, too..

The Skyrim footage was just B-reel footage. Nothing of the game was shown that suggests it's specifically a version built specifically for Switch (unlike Mario Kart), and then Bethesda flat out says they aren't confirming it's coming to Switch DESPITE clearly allowing footage of the game to be used in the trailer. Meaning it was there for mock-up purposes, or Bethesda are waiting to try and steal some thunder somehow by later confirming it at an independent event.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I forgot one thing about the beauty of the Switch : The beautiful song it used in the trailer. It really enhanced the amazing feeling the reveal had.

If you guys couldn't tell by now, I'm extremly excited for the Switch.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm starting to wonder why ChikoLad ChikoLad is even on a Nintendo forum. Such a negative nancy about everything Nintendo.
OK sure ignore the fact that most of my posts on the Switch have been quite positive.

Ignore the fact I just recently bought 5 amiibo and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In my college C the lowest grade you can get to pass

C is 70%

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh...

That warms my heart.
I dont understand it
I I just realized something thanks tk Merrick!
A console Animal Crossing which is a handheld one at the same time. Isn't that a win/win for fans?
Hallelujah my animal crossing god

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The day the Switch was revealed, the Wii U has fallen to the pirates.
upload_2016-10-20_18-20-23.png

May our comrade that has fallen in this great battle live on.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well.
My Sun/Litten Team is going to be shuffling around a lot of Pokemon with EXP share keeping them relevant until I can phase in the real party members.

Formantis is on the second island, which is fine, but....
Minior, Mimikyu, and Snowshrew are on the third island.
Shellos/Gastrodon are on the FOURTH.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So he's deeply sick after taking a break for the funeral and I'm further banned from seeing him because Mother said so?

I'm ok with this. It's not like I'm going to suffer from physical relationship withdrawal. Right? Riiiiiiiiiigh? :lol:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Quick, someone photoshop Hotel Mario holding a Nintendo Switch.

"All toasters toast toast."

I forgot one thing about the beauty of the Switch : The beautiful song it used in the trailer. It really enhanced the amazing feeling the reveal had.

If you guys couldn't tell by now, I'm extremly excited for the Switch.
What is it? I tried looking for it.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I'm starting to wonder why ChikoLad ChikoLad is even on a Nintendo forum. Such a negative nancy about everything Nintendo.
Don't you think what you're saying might be rather harsh...? Chiko is a cool guy in my view and he's been rather positive as of late; why think the opposite so suddenly?

Last edited:
Negativiity about Nintendo is needed with how bad thye screw some things up. Optimism in everything just leads to crashes and burns
The day the Switch was revealed, the Wii U has fallen to the pirates.
View attachment 119412
May our comrade that has fallen in this great battle live on.
Like I said in the discord I find it hilarious the same day The nintendo switch is revealed the WIi U completely dies.

:061:

Soul.

Nintendo Switch allows gamers the freedom to play however they like
so... you can literally just use it as a handheld if you want (again, main unit is the screen, not the dock).

this is good. this is really good.

now just please be cheap.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I guess while I'm here: the main concerns I have with the Switch are the price, the battery life of the tablet while undocked, and whether or not it has a touch screen. Assuming this is to replace the 3DS as well, while a lot of the series I like could live without it, some depend on the touch screen. I'm personally not bothered at all about what sort of graphical power or whatever it has, since innovation and gameplay is more important to me than what a game looks like, but I understand why others might be worried about it (third-party support, etc.).

Other than that, it looks pretty good to me.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay...

He has every right to be negative.

Back off.
I suppose...

And he may be more positive lately, but t hen I haven't been around lately.

But it's like at some point...if you're just gonna keep negativity at play no matter how people try to counter you ? Why keep coming back? Not saying he's a bad dude. I'm really not. Just saying it'd probably better for all of us to drop the Switch subject when it comes to him.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Negativiity about Nintendo is needed with how bad thye screw some things up. Optimism in everything just leads to crashes and burns

To play Devil's Advocate, it's not like our positive or negative attitudes effect anything.

Or be like me, and be positive and take disappointment with a smile.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am admittedly worried about the direction of some series that were previously handheld only.

Like, how will sprite games fare?

D

Deleted member

In here we don't use letters at all, just the percentage, why is that even a thing in some countries?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
OK sure ignore the fact that most of my posts on the Switch have been quite positive.

Ignore the fact I just recently bought 5 amiibo and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.
I had not seen one positive thing about it from you, if you have, I apologize.

Congrats on your new purchases though, man. Enjoy them.

I'm really not trying to be a ***** to you or anything. If people took it that way I apologize to you and them.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I am admittedly worried about the direction of some series that were previously handheld only.

About the same as they have been since 3D models became a thing.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

...Good question. Could they maybe have multiple price points for games, kind of like the occasional $40 Wii U game like Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
And not like this matters... but...

Day 20: The Apparition (Specter Knight Battle)

This undead foe has a difficult fight... unless you can manage when he turns out the lights!

Opossum Opossum wins again. :p

Tomorrow...
To find it, take a mad composer... a loving wife... ghosts and spirits... and give it life!
It's varied, and strange, so I'm told...
Mind you these things are very old!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So he's deeply sick after taking a break for the funeral and I'm further banned from seeing him because Mother said so?

I'm ok with this. It's not like I'm going to suffer from physical relationship withdrawal. Right? Riiiiiiiiiigh? :lol:
Eh, you'll live. Not like you will die for being away from me so long. Join the Nintendo Switch hype, watch some Halloween movies, study for your assignments, buy some ice cream or something.

At least you can still attend your classes healthily as ever. It's mostly my fault that this happened, carelessness and all. And by the way, such withdrawal doesn't exist. And if it does, then a little abstinence doesn't hurt.

See ya all and may this virus die a slow painless death.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In here we don't use letters at all, just the percentage, why is that even a thing in some countries?
The same reason Pokemon and smash use letters in tier lists.

It's separating students by tiers.

The goal is to be an A tier student because they are the best

No one is seriously going to consider a D tier student for competition

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do you think this will have major frame drop issues?

D

Deleted member

So apparently people are now thinking that there's actually no skyrim at all and that nintendo is completely faking it and lying about it.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
The same reason Pokemon and smash use letters in tier lists.

It's separating students by tiers.

The goal is to be an A tier student because they are the best

No one is seriously going to consider a D tier student for competition
Wait, you do students competitions? Why?

And as another % only, we can seperate ourselves by tiers too. 90% is the great one, 80% is the good one, 70 % is the average one, 60% the ok one, the rest is bad.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I simply block out the negativity regarding the console and keep saying in repeated fashion, "Skyrim is coming to NSwitch." as I pet my Khajiit- err, cat.

I should totally look at the rest of the rollout, I still don't know what else there is. LOL

And not like this matters... but...

Day 20: The Apparition (Specter Knight Battle)

This undead foe has a difficult fight... unless you can manage when he turns out the lights!

Opossum Opossum wins again. :p

Tomorrow...
To find it, take a mad composer... a loving wife... ghosts and spirits... and give it life!
It's varied, and strange, so I'm told...
Mind you these things are very old!
Dammit Opo I knew this one too stop getting to the question before im even able to

Guessing haunted mansion theme of some kind? The one's the stone heads I suppose because I dont know any more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom