• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
User was warned for this post
The fact you're still on about it after people have asked you to shut up says a lot about you.
You can drop and leave these things you know.

I'm sorry I don't like people spreading lies about me and what I say, there's not really a better way about it.

Truthfully I don't understand why this happens on Smashboards. Most other places it stays civil. At least I called everybody out on it early on and I didn't need a mod to explain a basic concept like faf...

Wait lmao Bethesda says it might not happen? Apparently I'm right about an argument I was never behind to begin with. :troll:

Seriously, I never once thought or claimed it wasn't going to release. Cross my heart.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I swear if there isn't a new Nintendo Direct by next week Nintendo will be missing out on a huge opportunity. Switch hype is going crazy right now, they have to capitalize on that.
Oh
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I think it's just that they're waiting to do the "official" announcement.
I agree. They just need to make it official. Skyrim is way too big of a game to just tease the Nintendo fans, and more, with.

In other news, Nintendo's stock had skyrocketed since 7am PST this morning. Big surprise.

Soul.

Nintendo continued: "The dock is not the main console unit of Nintendo Switch. The main unit of Nintendo Switch is the unit that has the LCD screen, which the two Joy-Con controllers can be attached to and detached from. The main function of the Nintendo Switch Dock is to provide an output to the TV, as well as charging and providing power to the system."
The dock doesn't boost performance. It only charges the main unit (and TV-out). "Providing power" is probably talking about having power while charging.

Or quickly swapping from handheld to console

Gotta keep it simple to make it cheap I guess.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The dock doesn't boost performance. It only charges the main unit. "Providing power" is probably talking about having power while charging.

Or quickly swapping from handheld to console

Gotta keep it simple to make it cheap I guess.
Essentially, it's no different to playing your 3DS while it is charging. Except you also have a HDMI connected to your TV.

I guess my only concern there is how the cooling for the system would work.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I swear if there isn't a new Nintendo Direct by next week Nintendo will be missing out on a huge opportunity. Switch hype is going crazy right now, they have to capitalize on that.

I agree. They just need to make it official. Skyrim is way too big of a game to just tease the Nintendo fans, and more, with.

In other news, Nintendo's stock had skyrocketed since 7am PST this morning. Big surprise.
I'd expect a Switch Direct in late November/ early December, to show what games will be released at launch and what's to come, could be a way to have people save money

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Well if Nintendo somehow manages to still have droughts with this hybrid I ....I wouldn't know what to say.

On other thoughts hopefully some games will be shown as soon as they can.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Whatever worries and concerns I might have for my own enjoyment...

...I gotta say, this is special.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'd expect a Switch Direct in late November/ early December, to show what games will be released at launch and what's to come, could be a way to have people save money
That'd be a huge waste of an incredible opportunity.

Going out big right now and announcing what their first party launch titles will be (not all of them of course) and slowly trickling out more and more news as it comes available throughout the Holiday's is the best they can do in my opinion. Strike the iron while it's hot if you will. A Direct now and then in late January/early February next year is the way to go. They don't need publicity in December due to them always appearing at the Game Awards(just show a new Zelda trailer there) and I'm sure we can last November without news. We lasted this long.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So... For those who like to plan Pokemon teams in advance, here's the full Pokedex locations.
I got bad news if you planned using Type: Null for the main game.
I pretty much expected it to be a post-game gift anyways.

And dammit, Pichu line and Grubbin line on the first island. Gonna be hard to pick an Electric type...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Whatever worries and concerns I might have for my own enjoyment...

...I gotta say, this is special.

Oh...

That warms my heart.

D

Deleted member

So... For those who like to plan Pokemon teams in advance, here's the full Pokedex locations.
Does this answer the question as to whether Oricorio's forms are interchangeable or are they set and dependant on where you catch them?

D

Deleted member

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Most of my planned team is within the first two islands... but then there's Honchkrow, sitting all the way on the fourth island, meaning it will take ages to catch it... so I guess I can't really use ol' Honch.

:198:

D

Deleted member

So, if I assume Oricorio's forms match the island guardian's elemental typing, then that means Baile Oricorio is only in the third island
And Mimikyu too apparently
I want to try out as may Pokemon before getting one set team so I guess it won't hurt that much to use other Pokemon until I get to it

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh ****.

It hadn't hit me, your Animal Crossing town will be one in the same now.

You can just take it wherever.

No more two towns on two systems.

I love this damn system so much.

Smash Switch won't have to worry about processing abilities of an inferior console for it's roster..

WE ARE ALIVE GENTLEMEN AND GENTLELADIES.

WE ARE ALIVE.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That's a fake account
Sure is. Looks like I'm the joke now!

Oh ****.

Smash Switch won't have to worry about processing abilities of an inferior console for it's roster..

WE ARE ALIVE.
It was right in front of us all along...

Nintendo just hadn't yet revealed the true form.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Starting to feel the effects of it only being a 3-minute reveal.

The Switch posts on my Twitter feed are dying down and I'm not really thinking about the thing much (though to be fair, I also have real life matters on my mind).

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
While the Nintendo Switch is off to a good start with it marketing young adults that appear to have busy lives, showing 3rd party games, and it constantly demonstrating that you can play AAA games ANYWHERE, I'm still skeptical over the long term success of the Nintendo Switch because of the stigma that it has of that only kids play Nintendo, it has no 3rd party support, and it isn't a powerful console.

It doesn't help that much either that the "Switch" name doesn't sound that marketable of a name. Grant it though, it sounds much better than the Wii and Wii U so I'll give them that.

If the Nintendo Switch has the same 3rd party library of games as the PS4 and Xbox One does while being at least as powerful as them and has the luxury of owning big name franchises like Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon that are only Nintendo consoles. then the Switch COULD be something huge.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Behold the true power of the Nintendo Switch.

7d6.png

Never need another handheld, console, or knife again.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh ****.

WE ARE ALIVE.
And to add to that, dev teams that work on both systems each gen for things like Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Mario Party, etc. no longer have to jump immediately from one counterpart to the next. Depending on how they handle it, that could mean either multiple entries in those series per generation or the teams moving on to make brand new games that wouldn't have otherwise existed.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm still seeing a lot of ''Why can't we just have a normal console without some gimmick?"

But uhh....

The Switch is a normal console? The gimmick isn't some motion thing or strange way of playing.

It''s literally just a home console that also leads a secret night life as a mobile console.

There is no gimmick. At least not one so called ''die hard" gamers should be judging Nintendo for.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I got a 39/50 on a math test.

I feel pretty bad honestly...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I know I shouldn't think about Nintendo's next console (especially since we were just given information about this one). But I can't think of ways Nintendo can top the Switch.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Even if everybody must have done it hours ago, let's talk about the Switch, aka project NX:

+
  • Seems worth the hype so far.
  • Looks like a toaster.
  • Hybrid between portable and home consol, pushing the concept of the gamepad to it's highest form.
  • Mario Kart 8 port (with new features), new 3D Mario (with a mexican world), New Splatoon?, Zelda BotW.
  • The controller's parts can be used as two controller for multiplayer ON THE SAME PORTABLE CONSOLE.
  • All my friends seems to like it.
  • Use cartridge (please be compatible with Sun & Moon)
-
  • Probably won't have a big battery life.
  • Sliders could easily breaks from usure.
  • My poor wallet
  • Not coming close enough to my birthday so I can ask it as a gift for launch
  • May not live the hype.
Verdict: The N Switch looks amazing. It feels good to be a Nintendo fan today.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And to add to that, dev teams that work on both systems each gen for things like Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Mario Party, etc. no longer have to jump immediately from one counterpart to the next. Depending on how they handle it, that could mean either multiple entries in those series per generation or the teams moving on to make brand new games that wouldn't have otherwise existed.
Or they just focus on making the one new entry a lot bigger.

I'm kinda hoping the Mario Kart game is literally just Mario Kart 8 (which it very well looks to be), but it also has enough new content and features to match the content of a new Mario Kart game.

Basically the same "Dissidia Formula" I suggested Smash could go with.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
stigma that it has of that only kids play Nintendo
Casuals don't care about that stigma at all.

it has no 3rd party support
It already has a big list of 3rd parties though, including From Software, Square Enix and Bethesda. Those three wouldn't care about developing for Switch if they don't believe in it.

and it isn't a powerful console.
It runs Skyrim: Remastered and is powered by Nvidia.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got a 39/50 on a math test.

I feel pretty bad honestly...
That's considered a very good result over here. Just under 80%.

Not sure if that's bad compared to your usual performance or something, but if it isn't, pat yourself on the back.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Let's not forget Activison owns Blizzard and Take Two owns Rockstar.

So there's a distinct possibility perhaps of some Blizzard or Rockstar games down the line perhaps.

I fully believe Nintendo is doing it right this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom