• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
So we're getting ports of MK8 and Splatoon? That's cool, I guess. Though I do feel bad for those who've now wasted their money on inferior versions. It'll really suck for those who backed the Wii U, only to now have to buy a new system to get the new content. More so for Smash players, who may end up having to pay hundreds of dollars to get more characters for a game they already had.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly though, if Smash 4 did get an early enhanced port a la Mario Kart 8, I'd only anticipate three characters in total to be added: in this case, Inkling, Ice Climbers, and Robinhoot. Though I feel Wolf, Chorus Kids, K. Rool, Isabelle, and Shovel Knight would have an outside shot, I feel the other three are far more likely,

But then again that's assuming the Switch version exists, and comes out early enough for these guys to still be relevant in some cases. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

All the rumors were true.

Cartridge based system, hybrid console

Looks nice to me, I wonder what the mainstream are gonna think of it
So far what I've been hearing from non nintendo fans is "It's just a gimmick"(even though it's a gimmick you don't habr to use, unlike something like motion controls.)

"The specs are going to be too low"(Even though we don't even know what the specs are.)

"Can't wait for it to fail like the Wii U"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Even if it has been months we still have no idea how far along the game is.

All of our other footage looks like Wii U ports. I'm sorry but that doesn't exactly instill confidence in the system's performance.

You've also failed to name any facts... "Nintendo did this" "wouldn't do that" and so on. The "fact" of the matter is that all the footage was staged, and we have no reason to believe the Skyrim footage was lifted from a Switch system regardless of what you think Nintendo should do.
I mentioned the fact that it's impossible to get THAT many third parties on board in a short amount of time. I mentioned the fact that there was PLENTY of time for developing games (See Sonic 17, BotW port be damned and the new Mario)
I mentioned the fact that Nintendo doesn't lie about the graphics or framerate performance in their trailers
I mentioned how it's suicide to lie about your new console if your previous one flopped
I mentioned the fact that CGI teasers outright SAY if it's not the game
All you did is say it COULD happen. Like how a meteor COULD hit my house next year. Or it could NOT.
All you mentioned in terms of facts is that punching and kicking was in a 2D Mario game but got scrapped, which I proved was inconsequential. git gud at debates.
So far what I've been hearing from non nintendo fans is "It's just a gimmick"(even though it's a gimmick you don't habr to use, unlike something like motion controls.)

"The specs are going to be too low"(Even though we don't even know what the specs are.)

The specs CAN'T be too low as it ran Skyrim and has that chip

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Even if it has been months we still have no idea how far along the game is.

All of our other footage looks like Wii U ports. I'm sorry but that doesn't exactly instill confidence in the system's performance.
The game is really far along, as in it's minor adjustments and bug fixes (lol Bethesda fixing bugs).
It releases soon for the other consoles and PC. They didn't build the NX version from the ground up again, it's going to be a very similar build. They're going to be touching it up and making sure it can run on the system properly.

Given that the system, in handheld console mode, can run Skyrim Remastered, it's going to be pretty strong. That's a fact.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While I like that the Switch can be portable, it better not be the successor of the 3DS.

I'd still like to have something that can fit in my pocket (something the Switch can't do).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I guess this means that mainline Monster Hunter is returning to consoles.

Heh heh...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

It doesn't seem like Gimmick to me, it's Nintendo taking advantage of their strengths

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Remember that ports are good, as not a lot of people actually bought the Wii U.

Most of us here did, but we're a small percentile. Now people can get the new and exciting console with masterpieces like Splatoon and MK8...

(Smash Bros. and Super Mario Maker too please)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I mentioned the fact that it's impossible to get THAT many third parties on board in a short amount of time. I mentioned the fact that there was PLENTY of time for developing games (See Sonic 17, BotW port be damned and the new Mario)
I mentioned the fact that Nintendo doesn't lie about the graphics or framerate performance in their trailers
I mentioned how it's suicide to lie about your new console if your previous one flopped
I mentioned the fact that CGI teasers outright SAY if it's not the game
All you did is say it COULD happen. Like how a meteor COULD hit my house next year. Or it could NOT.
All you mentioned in terms of facts is that punching and kicking was in a 2D Mario game but got scrapped, which I proved was inconsequential. git gud at debates.

The specs CAN'T be too low as it ran Skyrim and has that chip
You know what they say about assumptions... Never said they all got on board at the same time.

Trailer has tons of frame drops. I really don't think they care... They never cared. You're assuming they do, and that anybody but gfaqs trolls care about how the game looks in a trailer. If the trailer doesn't match up with the real game, would most people even care? They decided to cover their asses anyway with the disclaimer.

You're the one that denied that every off-screen footage in a trailer is staged, lmao.

The game is really far along, as in it's minor adjustments and bug fixes (lol Bethesda fixing bugs).
It releases soon for the other consoles and PC. They didn't build the NX version from the ground up again, it's going to be a very similar build. They're going to be touching it up and making sure it can run on the system properly.

Given that the system, in handheld console mode, can run Skyrim Remastered, it's going to be pretty strong. That's a fact.

The game as a whole is mostly done, but we don't know anything about the port because we haven't truly seen it run on the Switch. Why is that so hard to understand?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I do hope that the Switch has touch functionality. Mainly for games such as Super Mario Maker and potential DS/3DS virtual console and all.

Soul.

While I like that the Switch can be portable, it better not be the successor of the 3DS.

I'd still like to have something that can fit in my pocket (something the Switch can't do).
I'd like a "Switch Lite" or something

A Switch that can't be docked, is more portable, and can play the same games. Still under the same Switch ecosystem

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's essentially the same idea as the Sega Nomad, being able to play all the systems mainstream titles on the go

How could it possibly fail?:troll:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know what they say about assumptions... Never said they all got on board at the same time.

Trailer has tons of frame drops. I really don't think they care... They never cared. You're assuming they do, and that anybody but gfaqs trolls care about how the game looks in a trailer. If the trailer doesn't match up with the real game, would most people even care? They decided to cover their ***** anyway with the disclaimer.

You're the one that denied that every off-screen footage in a trailer is staged, lmao.

The game as a whole is mostly done, but we don't know anything about the port because we haven't truly seen it run on the Switch. Why is that so hard to understand?
Dude. Learn when to give up. At this rate, I'm not enjoying an argument, but sooner pitying the denial in you. If this was a boxing match in which our gloves were filled with bricks and every argument in our favour was a punch to the other's mouth. You'd be unable to chew anymore and be bleeding like hell, but you're still going 'nuh uh din doo nuffin'. There's Game Radar asking if Gumshoos was Trump inspired, and then there's this in terms of how embarrassing it is to see

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Really, my only concern about the Switch is battery life. I hope the unit has a DS style charger just in case. Plus the capacity to even have one means battery booster are a (third party) option.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Dude. Learn when to give up. At this rate, I'm not enjoying an argument, but sooner pitying the denial in you. If this was a boxing match in which our gloves were filled with bricks and every argument in our favour was a punch to the other's mouth. You'd be unable to chew anymore and be bleeding like hell, but you're still going 'nuh uh din doo nuffin'. There's Game Radar asking if Gumshoos was Trump inspired, and then there's this in terms of how embarrassing it is to see
Give up what? That Nintendo shops images onto their systems for trailers?
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...gamepad_mario_kart_8_commercial_is_pretty_old

You've proven nothing of mine wrong and tried arguing against something that didn't exist. Why would I give up?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I kinda hope that it gets backwards compatibility...but at the same time, how could it be pulled off?

Maybe the Dock has the CD stuff, meaning you can't play Wii/Wii U games on the go, but still can at home?

Actually, that'd be an idea that would make me buy it just for the sake of selling my Wii U to someone...even if it will likely boost the price a lot.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd wonder if you could play 3DS games on the Switch, but I don't see how that's possible with the 1 screen

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, finding good image of Xion for avatar-material is hard.
Then again, finding good avatar when you don't have a premium is hard.
Also, I hope people here have a good time, because, you know, being positif even when your futur look like it's going to be hard. It's always good to just wish for other people happiness so that you can feel like you are a good at something.
Or maybe because I'm tired and I need to go to bed. Eh, I don't know really.
Those Kingdom Heart music I recently listen are probably the reason I said that. Damn you Xion Theme!!!! >_<
Anyway, I hope you guys are good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Please stop humoring LancerStaff LancerStaff . This argument is going nowhere. :4megaman:
One of your good calls when it comes to the arm chair modding recently. Usually I disagree with people shutting out discusion, as it's only because they have a gripe with it themselves regardless of whether or not it's a harmless one. However in this case it's pretty clear that he's being needlessy aggresive.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I kinda hope that it gets backwards compatibility...but at the same time, how could it be pulled off?

Maybe the Dock has the CD stuff, meaning you can't play Wii/Wii U games on the go, but still can at home?

Actually, that'd be an idea that would make me buy it just for the sake of selling my Wii U to someone...even if it will likely boost the price a lot.
If the Switch does have Wii U support, I'm not certain vanilla Wii will survive though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Hey come on guys now, don't be all tense towards each other.

. . .I'm pretty sure they wouldn't lie about Skyrim being playable while in portable mode, but I feel like this has snowballed from that to the point where I'm not sure what's happening other than disagreement.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd wonder if you could play 3DS games on the Switch, but I don't see how that's possible with the 1 screen
I can see it being done like the DS virtual console on Wii U. (Depending on how big the screen is I suppose)

Providing different screen layouts depending on the game you play. Can't really use the 3D functionality I'd presume but other than Super Mario 3D Land and perhaps a few other games, It would probably be just fine without it.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom