• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, we got fanart of the new Inkling tentacle dos faster than we got new Pokemon fanart.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just Imagine it guise. Smash 4 port for Switch....
Fiora, Shantae, K. Rool, a gen 7 Pokémon, etc. as DLC + Greninja nerfs and Jigglypuff staying exactly the same.

Now lets speculate ad infinitum about that.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Absolutely loving the Nintendo Switch! The name is very clever, and I'm really glad they learned their lesson on renaming consoles after what happened with the WiiU. The rumors of the console being a cross between console and handheld turned out to be true, and I think Nintendo pulled off this concept perfectly. I really like how you can take the controller with you wherever you go. It's what the WiiU should've been! The console design looks very slick and cool, and even the controllers look great! It also looks like it doesn't use any cables whatsoever. If so, I'm glad they're making it super easy to set up.

And the Mario Kart and Splatoon footage. I don't care if they are ports new sequels. It's great to see both games are going to get some kind of exciting new treatment. King Boo coming back and the return of using two items in stock is great to see. With Splatoon, I'm happy we're getting more customization options. It also seems like Nintendo wants to Splatoon give some major competitive spotlight based on that footage of the Splatoom match in the middle of a wide audience.

Also, the third parties! Great to see there will be a large group to start off. Arc System Works being among them excites me. I'd love to see BlazBlue: CentralFiction gain a Switch port.

Also, a friend of mine pointed out that the Nintendo Switch logo resembles the Yin Yang symbol, and I can definitely see it.

Definitely looks like a console I want to get at launch. I'm hoping the Switch will have a good launch line up and a reasonable price.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wow, we got fanart of the new Inkling tentacle dos faster than we got new Pokemon fanart.
Well I mean

You could have said this a couple of hours ago and it would count, even if it stretches the definition of "art" a bit.

:p

But yeah the Splatoon fandom is still pretty active and this is the exact kind of thing they've been wanting for a long time now.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
To whoever encouraging these Skyrim isn't real on NS discussions; stop. Bethesda already said its happening. What more proof for you need?
Just Imagine it guise. Smash 4 port for Switch....
Fiora, Shantae, K. Rool, a gen 7 Pokémon, etc. as DLC + Greninja nerfs and Jigglypuff staying exactly the same.

Now lets speculate ad infinitum about that.
Dragonborn for Smash 4 port, naturally.

*sits back and drinks a Black Brier Mead*

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Didn't Bethesda say they were really excited about this? Considering how long we've waited for the thing to be revealed, that's development time right there, and the March release has more
No **** you can't tell the difference. It's not in your face, and when zoomed in would look worse unless you can somehow enhance ALL those frames.

That's a gameplay change which didn't affect the game in a major way, and it doesn't even count, you claimed Nintendo pulled a Watch Dogs in which the demo LOOKED and PERFORMED better, Not an inconsequential change. By the way, see if Bethesda ended up having better looking demos too, THEY'RE the developers after all
Yes, generic PR statements. Like EA had. Point?

Nintendo's games sure, but we have no idea how the Nintendo and Bethesda deal went down, or even when. Could of been last month for all we know. Really, they still have months to make the game for launch, and that's assuming it's even for launch.

Nintendo cheats trailers too, but they're not as explicit about it... They use CGI to advertise games and most of the time use impossible camera angles.

Bethesda could of cheated the trailer, but honestly just using a different version would be easier.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If this is gonna be in place of the console and handheld then you all are missing the biggest thing about it.

HD 1080p gen 8 pokemon.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
We need the Dark Souls trilogy on the Switch big time.
If only for this:

Final Smash is Jolly Co-Operation.

Dark Souls on the go would be awesome.

Nintendo's games sure, but we have no idea how the Nintendo and Bethesda deal went down, or even when. Could of been last month for all we know. Really, they still have months to make the game for launch, and that's assuming it's even for launch.
Bethesda have been excited about this for months.
Dude. Just stop, you're only embarrassing yourself.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If only for this:

No way. Solaire for Smash. Praise the sun!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Someone in another social I'm involved in pointed out something interesting.

Here's the link to the original post where I found it.

I was a bit worried how would they implement Gamecube controls to the Switch due to the seemingly lack of a USB port to make use of an adapter, but I think the image provides a very interesting idea how it could be implemented.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Someone in another social I'm involved in pointed out something interesting

I was a bit worried how would they implement Gamecube controls to the Switch due to the seemingly lack of a USB port to make use of an adapter, but I think the image provides a very interesting idea how it could be implemented.

Thoughts?
Gun attachment for when a guy tries to mug yer NSwitch.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If only for this:

One of my best friends IRL really wanted the Chosen Undead in Smash, despite knowing it was impossible. If that actually happened I'm pretty sure he'd cry. :p

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Thoughts?
Interesting!

But I'm pretty sure there's a USB. I thought I saw one...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yes, generic PR statements. Like EA had. Point?

Nintendo cheats trailers too, but they're not as explicit about it... They use CGI to advertise games and most of the time use impossible camera angles.

Bethesda could of cheated the trailer, but honestly just using a different version would be easier.
All you've done is prove one thing. You aren't capable of bringing relevant facts but your personal thoughts. I HIGHLY recommend you don't open your mouth until you learn to do as such
'we have no idea how it went' That point works for me as much as it works for you. It changes NOTHING
'could have been last month' You're an idiot if you think this. The system is coming in March and judging by all those neat third parties they showed off, some ALREADY having confirmed games like Ubi, SEGA and Squeenix, there is zero reason to think they only recently did the paperwork and **** in a month
'CGI teaser trailers and dynamic camera angles!'
You mean the CGI that, whenever used, CLEARLY says it not part of the gameplay? And the dynamic camera angles don't count because again, we're talking about GRAPHICS AND PERFORMANCE. NOT camera angles used in a matter for more freedom when making trailers
'Bethesda could-' I'm going to demand 5 euros for every time you say 'could' instead of bringing ACTUAL facts now

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Thoughts?
There's 2 usb ports on the left side.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Thoughts?
A fishing game should be called "Bait and Switch"

One of my best friends IRL really wanted the Chosen Undead in Smash, despite knowing it was impossible. If that actually happened I'm pretty sure he'd cry. :p
Anything from Dark Souls would be great.
Make Anor Londo a stage complete with the infamous Archers.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wonder if there will be any motion controls...?

While it's no deal breaker, I'd be said if they were left out.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Can I just be honest in saying that the Nintendo Switch did very well for its first premiere and a lot of people are happy about it? If you think about it (in a positive way, I promise), Iwata wanted people to be happy playing video games, be it by themselves, with friends, or with family. His last project in the Nintendo Switch seems to have so far accomplished what he's always wanted; a console that is planned to allow anyone to play together anywhere, while also making them happy at the same time and creating a sense of enjoyment with one another. :)

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The Switch looks pretty good. Problem is though is that I'm only interested in the portable part of the console because the TV is used by someone else 95% of the time in my house and the home part will add to the cost. Wonder if they'll make portable only and home only versions.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All the rumors were true.

Cartridge based system, hybrid console

Looks nice to me, I wonder what the mainstream are gonna think of it

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If there is a Smash Switch, I see it more like it's an enhanced 3DS/Wii U port than a brand new installment. If it's the former, my expectations for new characters are somewhere between little to non-existent (unless Massive Hero Soccer Guy is somehow behind it)

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Even if it has been months we still have no idea how far along the game is.

All of our other footage looks like Wii U ports. I'm sorry but that doesn't exactly instill confidence in the system's performance.

All you've done is prove one thing. You aren't capable of bringing relevant facts but your personal thoughts. I HIGHLY recommend you don't open your mouth until you learn to do as such
'we have no idea how it went' That point works for me as much as it works for you. It changes NOTHING
'could have been last month' You're an idiot if you think this. The system is coming in March and judging by all those neat third parties they showed off, some ALREADY having confirmed games like Ubi, SEGA and Squeenix, there is zero reason to think they only recently did the paperwork and **** in a month
'CGI teaser trailers and dynamic camera angles!'
You mean the CGI that, whenever used, CLEARLY says it not part of the gameplay? And the dynamic camera angles don't count because again, we're talking about GRAPHICS AND PERFORMANCE. NOT camera angles used in a matter for more freedom when making trailers
'Bethesda could-' I'm going to demand 5 euros for every time you say 'could' instead of bringing ACTUAL facts now
You've also failed to name any facts... "Nintendo did this" "wouldn't do that" and so on. The "fact" of the matter is that all the footage was staged, and we have no reason to believe the Skyrim footage was lifted from a Switch system regardless of what you think Nintendo should do.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
The Switch looks pretty good. Problem is though is that I'm only interested in the portable part of the console because the TV is used by someone else 95% of the time in my house and the home part will add to the cost. Wonder if they'll make portable only and home only versions.
Well... that shouldnt really be an issue
Cableless.png

Nintendo meant this thing to be a hybrid, so theres really no need to make split versions of the switch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom